Synchronizing --> Download Address Book

I have a number of users that when they choose to download
the Address Book and select the choice for the complete
book, they do not get the get the whole Address Book. We
are using Outlook 97 and 2000. Any thoughts on this?
0
anonymous (74722)

download of gp8, sp2 fails
keeps telling me there has been a failure of the File Transfer Manger. Happening for two days. Not too crazy about this new delivery system. Anybody encountering the error? (Incidentally, while I continue to use IExplorer for downloads from this site, I'm much happier using Mozilla Firefox for everything else. Including the newsgroup post.) Thanks. It's probably the same system they use for MSDN. If you are using XP SP2 you might try this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/downloads/xpsp2/ Cindy Lange wrote: > keeps telling me there has been a failure of the File T...

Outlook 2000 does not display # of messages being downloaded
After I click the "send/receive" button, I get a message box that tells me the Outlook is sending and receiving messages. However, it does not tell me the number of messages being downloaded. Outlook 97 had this feature. Was wondering if there is anyway to turn this on in 2000. Thanks, Ted Outlook 97 did not have this feature. Outlook 2000 only has it in Internet Mail Only mode. Which mode are you using? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ted" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:100d01c49d26$588c3c00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After I cli...

template downloads
using Excell 2000, wont allow dowloads from office online, the templates. It starts to then gives the window, "has encountered a problem and needs to shut down". I can DL all other product templates. I have dl'ed all patches available. ...

can't see downloaded transactions
I have been downloading financial transactions directly from my bank just fine until this weekend. After the download, Money shut down. When I restarted, it showed on my checking account that I had 20 items to review, but I couldn't find them in my ledger. When I tried to download the same data from the bank's Web site and them import them into Money the same thing happened: Money crashed. Repairing the Money file does not solve the problem. Any clues what the problem might be? Thanks, Mark ...

Exporting Addresses & Mail
I'm having some trouble using Outlook 2003 so I'd like to move over to Outlook Express. Is it possible to export from Outlook 2003 to Outlook Express or an earlier version of Outlook? If it is possible, what are the steps to achieve this? Ultimately, I'm trying to install a new software that uses SQL but there are conflicts. So I'd like to completely remove SQL and I believe that Outlook is the primary source. Any ideas on how to get SQL off my system would also be appreciated? Please make it simple since I'm new to this stuff. Thanks. On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:29:49...

Import Address Book (WAB file) to contacts of outlook 2003
Greetings I have newly started to use Outlook 2003 and need to import my address book data to its contacts. How can I import it? I tried import/export of Outlook 2003 but surprisingly I didn't find any option for WAB files. Thanks in advance Assuming that the Windows Address Book is configured to use your *.wab, you can do this one of two ways. Method 1 * Start Outlook 2003 * Select File | Import and Export | Import Internet Mail and addresses * Follow the wizard at this point Method 2 * Start the Windows Address Book * Export your items to a CSV file * Import the CSV file into Outlo...

Dowloaded transaction keeps downloading although I've matched it up.
I had three transactions that I entered manually into Money 2003. Two were paychecks with all the tax information entered and one was a cash deposit. I deposited all three of these at the bank at the same time under the same deposit. When I received the downloaded transaction, I clicked the option that says it applies to transactions that I manually entered. So, I checked the three transactions I had entered on my own and clicked "done". It then gave me the chance to accept all three on my account register, which I did, and listed them as "E" for electronic t...

How can i synchronize Outlook with my Yahoomail?
I want to check my yahoo mail with MS Outlook. How can i do that? Rajesh <Rajesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to check my yahoo mail with MS Outlook. > How can i do that? If you're using the "yahoo.com" or "yahoo.ca" domain, then you'll need a paid Yahoo account or this add-in: http://ypopsemail.com/ . If you have a paid Yahoo account, then consult Yahoo's help pages. It's all there. it will be similar (but probably not identical) to this: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/smallbusiness/bizmail/pop/pop-22.html -- Brian Til...

Change email address when someone gets married
I have a user who is getting married. Her last name is going to change. How do I change here email address and login name? Do I just have to create a new user and export her old email to a PST file and import it back? Thanks In ADUC, click the Email Adresses tab and change the email address. The best way to rename the user name is to right click the user in ADUC and click "rename". That way you can change the First and Last Name, Display Name AND the user name. "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d59201c439d8$d5d40e60$a301280a...

exchange 2003 admin books
is there anyone who knows a very good book on administering exchange 2003? pls submit the details to me. i want to buy. kigunda. "Kigunda Mbogo" <tkigunda@avu.org> wrote: >is there anyone who knows a very good book on administering exchange 2003? > >pls submit the details to me. i want to buy. > >kigunda. > One of the Exchange blogs has got a feed down the right hand side with a pile of books listed. http://hellomate.typepad.com/ Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http:http://www.swinc.com...

How to print address label from single business card?
I like to print a single mailing label from the Contact record in Outlook. Can I do it from the Business Card. -- G. Vance, Ph.D. Products That Matter.ca Kinder, Safer, Faster Disinfectants Dundas, Ontario "George Vance" <GeorgeVance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42C2EBAF-8A8B-461D-8458-A7CD42B487D2@microsoft.com... > I like to print a single mailing label from the Contact record in Outlook. > Can I do it from the Business Card. > -- > G. Vance, Ph.D. > Products That Matter.ca > Kinder, Safer, Faster Disinfectants >...

e-mail address #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C4675A.770C5130 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I just switched fro OE to outlook for my business . I have MS office xp = 2002 so that is the version of outlook I am running. I imported all my address from OE. In contacts the show = fine with the (last name, first) When=20 go to send an e-mail and hit the; To: button it brings them up with = first name first. Or it brings them up with the nicknames I had in OE . How can I get it to show Last name...

Split a street address field apart.
How do I split a street address field apart? Field will have 2-3-4-5 digits, followed by a space then a series of alphas. i.e. 837 Third Avenue -or- 6 Street West. In a column of these address fields, wish to create two fields: the 2-5 numericals only in one, and the remaining alphas in another. Not VBA-oriented, please, what might be the best, and simplest for my mind, way to achieve this? Using Office 2007. Kind Regards, Wayne Dengel Try this: A1: (address text....eg 837 Third Avenue) The number B1: =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) The street C1: =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(&...

Address Format Problem
I am using Pocket PC 2002 and I'm trying to send email via active sync to MS Outlook 2002 and I'm experiencing problems. ActiveSync transfers the email from Pocket Outlook over to the Outlook 2002 (desktop) outbox, however, it drops it into the outbox with quotations around the email address (in the To: field). For example, the email address will read as follows: 'jdoe@sbcglobal.net' The quotations then cause the following error reply from my ISP: Message from yahoo.com. Unable to deliver message to the following address(es). <'jdoe@sbcglobal.net'>: Sorry, I c...

Withdraw domain name from mail address
Hi, If i have a column with mail addresses. Is it possible then to withdraw the domain name from the address to the column next to it? example: cell A1= somebody@domainname33.com, cell A2= somebody2@domainname99.com, and so on. cell B1= domainname33, cell B2= domainname99 thanks in advance! With kindest regards, Xavier Vanmeerhaeghe =LEFT(A1,FIND("@",A1)-1) and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k "Xavier Vanmeerhaeghe" wrote: > Hi, > > If i have a column with mail addresses. > Is it possible then to withdraw the domain name...

Good Javascript for MS CRM book
Whats the best reference book to get for teh JavaScript side of CRM? I can see lot's of web javascript stuff but suspect the CRM side is a little different. Maybe a JavaScript bible then a smaller tomb to deal with the CRM specifics? Do such things exist? Hi Pat, Check out David Flanagans book on Javascript. You will also find lots of good stuff on the SDK documentation. Check out the CRM developer forum too. Regs, -- Peter Clements Certified Microsoft Dynamics CRM Professional Capgemini UK "Pat Horridge" wrote: > Whats the best reference book to get for teh JavaScr...

how to synchronize my inbox with mail server
i did not set up a personal folder for outlook. ihave been receiving mails and these are stored in the mail server . recently i had set up my personal folder where all the files are to be delivered. i lost all the previous mails that were i stored n the mail server. can any one help me how to get all those mails back. itried all means i know and i could. i am using outlook2003. Can you import them back into your Exchange Server mailbox from the PST file? "manoj" <manoj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:029F8026-91AC-450E-BDF1-1A7DF7FF07C6@microsoft.com....

Importing Netscape address book into Exchange/Outlook
I have a Netscape address book (the file extensionis .na2) that I need to import into Outlook/Exchange. Does anyone know of a tool to import it, or convert it? It doesn't appear to be a native option in Outlook. Thanks, Brian Try to solution in this article. Once you get it to OE you should be able to get it to Outlook. OLEXP: Unable to Import Netscape 4.6x Address Book in Outlook Express http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=238892 -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this a...

Vlookup or something more? Trying to make the book intuitive...
Hi there, I hope you can help. I’m trying to make my life much easier by making a currently unwieldy spreadsheet into one that’s a lot more intuitive. Currently I have to enter data twice into the same spreadsheet but I hope to be able to enter it once and have the other sheets automatically update. First, the explanation… This is a spreadsheet that tracks the holidays of a department of 20 people. Currently it fulfils a few functions. First, it tracks each individual on their own worksheet which goes into details (date began/ended, etc). Second, it tracks them all together on an...

Global Address List and a Shared Contact List
Thank you in advance! I continue to have communication problems with e-mail stemming from the fact that we have two locations for Our Staff in Outlook 2000(Exchange). We have one listed in what is called the "Global Address List" and another, more accurate version, in "Our Staff" listed under "Public Folders". When someone wants to write a new e-mail, the "To" in their dialogue box directs them to what is now the default "Global Address List" that contains a Staff listing that is not as up to date or accurate. I attempted to add same today...

Automatic addressing
When you send an email to someone, Outlook "remembers" that email address and keeps it somewhere. Now, I have entered another email address for that person in my contacts list, but the default always comes up as that original address, and I can't figure out where it is stored so I can delete it. I'm always sending emails to the wrong address for this person, and want to delete that "remembered" address -and probably many others that I sent an email to one time only. Anyone know how? Thanks! Just highlighting the bad entry when it pops up, and then pressin...

how can I know that the option of "Obtain DNS server address automatically" in Internet Protocol(TCP\IP) property have be set or checked by coding ?
> > how can I know that the option of "Obtain DNS server address > > automatically" in Internet Protocol(TCP\IP) property have be set or > > checked by coding ? I need to judge it and change "Obtain DNS server > > address > > automatically" to "Use the following DNS server addresses"; > > Are there any api or other methods to get it? AliR (VC++ MVP) wrote: > You can call GetAdaptersInfo(...). The DhcpEnabled member of > IP_ADAPTER_INFO tells you if DHCP is enabled or not. > AliR. AliR Thank your reply.but if D...

Money auto-assign category to downloaded transactions
It's happened several times, but I can't quite pinpoint the trigger to it. Every now and then, when I download transactions into Money, it random assigns a category to all the transactions, and the category is the same one. For example, just earlier today, every transactions downloaded was assigned "automobile" as the category. I have tried different options under Tools - Setting - Online Sevices Setting, but I can't quite figure out how to prevent this from happening. Any idea? In microsoft.public.money, namsilat wrote: >It's happened several times, but I can&#...

Messages from one e-mail address double in Outlook inbox
Every time I get a message from one particular e-mail address, I get it twice in my inbox. It may have something to do with the sort / sub-folder rule but I could use help on this ...

Deleting all Email addresses
Hi All, I need to move users from one site to another. I need to be able to delete email addresses of mailboxes from the one site, wait for replication and then create in the new site. If I dont wait for replication, Exchange states that there is a duplicate email address. I am trying to use CSV files but not sure how I can use this to delete email addresses. I know how to create the maioboxes in the new site. Any ideas? Hi Mohammed, You can use a number of tools to do this, I find LDP a handy tool here. Here is the MS KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279202 Regards -...