Synchronize Question

Is it true that unless you have a "Corporate or Workgroup"
version of Outlook that a user can't sychronize with an
Exchange server?

tks,
steve
0
anonymous (74722)

If you aren't using Outlook 2002 or 2003, or using prior versions in
Corporate/Workgroup mode (note - this isn't a different version, just a
different installation option, and you can change it), you can't connect to
an Exchange server.

If you want to change from Internet Only to C/W, get out your installation
media, go to tools | options, find the Reconfigure Mail Support button, and
click it.

sjs wrote:
> Is it true that unless you have a "Corporate or Workgroup"
> version of Outlook that a user can't sychronize with an
> Exchange server?
>
> tks,
> steve

0
lanwench (7567)

how do I stop outlook 2003 from synchronizing folders
this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually doing it? thanks Mike (from Australia) mikeo;143428 Wrote: > this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually > doing > it? > > thanks > > Mike (from Australia) What type of email account do you have? If Hotmail using the Connector, remove the account, uninstall the connector and install v14 beta connector then recreate the account. Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit: http://tinyurl.com/y8vkkx2 -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Auto-complete list question
I am not an advanced user, so when you have a column of text and you enter data in a new cell if the entry exists all ready in the column it will appear, if you want that entry you hit enter. The question is how can I store that list on another worksheet without the whole column showing, so I can quickly enter the same data ? I am not sure if this is Auto-complete and the list is not ordered like the weeks or months Thanks Dear Pete Burns, I think an example will solve your problem. Say, in excel worksheet sheet2 you have the list- A B C 1Nazmul 2Haqu...

Synchronization error
We have a user who receives an error each time her Outlook attempts to synchronize on her laptop. In the synchronization log in her deleted items, it appears as: 8:57:13 Error synchronizing folder 8:57:13 [8004010F-501-8004010F-521] 8:57:13 The client operation failed. 8:57:13 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 8:57:13 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 8:57:13 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f-521 The strange thing is, it does not appear that anything is synchronizing incorrectly...

Answer to book questions
Hi, everything is a lot less than we actually make it. We are just filling in voids with senseless needs for answers. ...

Re: activation question
Hi Tian, Thanks for the reply, but nothing new in that information. I'm trying to make a custom control that has a drop down window. If I make this window a child of a dialog bar, it's clipped to the dialog bar. If I make it a child of the frame, I can draw on it, but I can't get focus and I can't force it to the top of the z order to get focus even if I call SetWindowPos with insert after the dialog bar or using the constant for top. Specifically how can I make a window that will not be clipped by the dialog bar it's placed in, and will recieve focus? Hi kermit,...

Synchronization issues for Calendar items in Entourage 2004
I'm using Entourage 2004 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server at work. On my desktop, the calendar seems to work fine. But from laptops, there are problems: I made changes to a couple of calendar items, and eventually closed the laptop. I got to work, and don't see the changes reflected here. Another laptop I opened at home took one old calendar entry and used it to replace a more recent one, losing my changes! What's going on - is there a way I can track the synchronization and perhaps set some clients to be "read-only"? I hate the fact that some changes don'...

Synchronization
Our Windows XP machine syncronizes with a folder on the server named "Dennis". We have added a new user and want it to synchronize to a different folder .. for "Brad" ... But the synchronize manager will not allow us to change the folder. Have read instructions and find no solution ... Appreciate any assistance ... Brad ...

Port questions
Hi All, Just a few questions, wondering if anyone could answer them. 1. Can Exchange server traffic to limited to specific range of port? 2. Is there a recommended range of ports by Microsoft to lock Exchange into? 3. If #2 is no, then how many ports are needed by Exchange (1, 10, 50?). Pick a high range ports say from (62,520+) to lock Exchange into. On Thu, 6 May 2010 11:56:08 -0700, IDK215 <IDK215@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Just a few questions, wondering if anyone could answer them. > >1. Can Exchange se...

thread question #4
How can I determine in a block of code if the thread it's running in is the same as the main GUI thread? I was trying to use GetCurrentThread to get the thread the function is being called from. Not sure how compare that to GUI thread. On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:58:35 -0600, "Eric Margheim" <NOSPAM***eric@prism-grp.com***NOSPAM> wrote: >How can I determine in a block of code if the thread it's running in is the >same as the main GUI thread? > >I was trying to use GetCurrentThread to get the thread the function is being >called from. Not sure how...

A question of normalization
I've been developing an application for 2 years now that one may refer to as an inventory management database. I use the application on a daily basis to help run my business and it works nicely. I've recently begun to redesign the application and have decided that I come to a crossroads that is well beyond my expertise. I have 3 key tables: 1. tblItems: list of raw materials and other relevant information (12 fields in total) 2. tblSubAssemblies: list of sub assembly items and relevant info (9 fields in total) 3. tblFinishedProducts: list of finished products for resale and relevant i...

Simple lookup question
I have a value in A1. I want to look in columns B:K to see if the value in A1 exists anywhere in those columns (regardless of row). Just a simple "yes" or "no" would suffice to tell me whether the A1 value exists anywhere in columns B:K. Thanks much, Ryan Try =IF(COUNTIF(B:K,A1),"Yes","No") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "ryanholliday" wrote: > I have a value in A1. I want to look in columns B:K to see if the value in > A1 exists anywhere in those columns (regardless of row). Just a simple "yes" > ...

Synchronize personal addressbook with LDAP server
Can I synchronize my personal addressbook with LDAP server. I am looking for a utility that can synchronize in the background without any interaction required Thanks Ram Please cc me at ram @ netcore.co.in I am not subscribed to this list ...

Recursion Question
I have the following simple recursion and as I unwind the call stack (stepping through it), I am trying figure out where the eventual return value is being stored. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Mike namespace Factorial { public partial class Form1 : Form { public Form1() { InitializeComponent(); } private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { label1.Text = Factorial(5).ToString(); } public int Factorial(int n) { if(n==0) return 1; ...

File Synchronization
So that I have my documents with me at all times and so that "My Documents" are the same on both my home desktop and my laptop, I set my "My Documents" address on my laptop to my "My Documents" folder on the desktop and set the files to be made available offline. As with all offline shared file synchronization processes, when I synchronize my files, the system scans all files of both computers for any changes or new files, and if and only if there are any, it synchronizes those changes or new files. For some odd reason, I have a handful or so of ...

creation of synchronization log messages #3
I have outlook XP on win2k, and my deleted items folder is being filled by "synchronization log" messages at the rate of 1 per minute. They appear to be simply a log (no problems indicated). Here's a sample from the log... 16:44:06 Synchronizing Hierarchy 16:44:06 Synchronizing Favorites 16:44:06 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' .... 16:44:07 Done 16:44:08 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 16:44:08 0X8004010F Where is a setting in outlook where I can disable this? Thanks! Tools->Send Receive. Set your offline folders to only sync on exit. --� Milly Staples...

a few questions....
If anyone can please help me answer the following questions: - How do you define multiple suppliers for one inventory item? - For a matrix item, how do you define the item with various shapes/colors and bring up that item with the item lookup code? - How do you customize receipts in RMS with your own fields? Any help would be great. >If anyone can please help me answer the following questions: > >- How do you define multiple suppliers for one inventory item? F1 Help, Manager Program, Working with your database, Managing supplier information ...

Money 2007 Display question
In Money 2004, I was able to configure the account display to show the bills on the date they were due to be processed. In 2007 it displays the scheduled bills on the date they're to be processed by the bank which is three or four days before when they'll be due. I can't figure out how to change the date displayed to the due date. Thanks, ...

Dumb Everyone@mydomain.com question
In typical fashion over an hour of net search on a simple question and no result. 1. Does exchange automatically create a distribution list called "everyone" 2. I can see the everyone group as a security option on folders but not in AD 3. If one is true, how do I modify it? What if I want to remove users from it or block users from sending to it. It seems so SCREAMING easy a question but alas I am defeated. See answer inline. "ms bald" <ms bald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31B27C21-DAA2-4C84-8264-C86FAA499BD5@microsoft.com... > In ty...

Synchronizing Outlook between two computers
I have Outlook 2000 on my desktop and Outlook 2003 on my laptop. I would like to synchronize them (using the desktop to update the laptop). I've done some searching on the internet and not found really helpful information (other than software to do it). I didn't know if there was a way to do it other than by purchasing software (my two computers are networked together via a router). Any suggestions? G'Day Ken, There is no in-built mechanism. Since your systems are on the same LAN, you must buy something like SynchPST: http://www.synchpst.com/ Install...

TreeView question
Hi, A stupid question about TreeView control under VS2003 .NET. I place from toolbox, a TreeView control on my dialog box. It's ID = TV so its name is TV too. Now clicking on a button, i would like to insert some values as roots and some other as items belonging to these roots. How can i do it ? thanks. PS : i'm a rookie in VC++ :-( ...

CRM 1.2 Licensing Question
We recently purchased CRM 1.2 Sales Module for Windows Small Business Server Premium (CRM English Lic/SA Pack OLP NL Sales Module* for WinSBSPrem, Quantity 1). We thought that we would be getting 5 licenses with this module. We needed 15 users so we purchased an additional 10 licenses (CRM English Lic/SA Pack OLP NL SalesStnd 1 User* for WinSBSPrem, Quantity 10). When I entered the license authorization number into the CRM 1.2 installation, it states that we have 10 users. Shouldn't we have 15 users? Did PC Connection sell us the wrong thing? I don't believe 5 users come with t...

New essay: The Best Synchronization is No Synchronization
In response to an earlier post saying that messages should not be used for synchronization and that primitives like mutexes, events, and semaphores were better suited, (note also that CRITICAL_SECTIONs had been omitted from the list, probably an oversight, and timers had been included, for reasons I cannot ascertain because timers have nothing to do with synchronization). I offer a counterargument: these primitives are the assembly code of synchronization, and mechanisms like messages and I/O Completion Ports provide much better alternatives most of the time. We should be searching for highe...

2008 SBS questions... 11-16-09
Ok, spent most of the day setting up my first 2008 SBS server. So far, so good, except for a couple of problems. 1) It seems that DHCP clients can't get out to the internet. According to ipconfig on the client, they are getting all the right numbers & I have no problem getting to internet from the server. What am I missing? 2) I have a Panasonic DP-C354 network printer that I have shared out, added the XP 32-bit drivers to it & I can't get the clients to print. The printer appears to install ok, but when trying to pring test page, it clears the client with no error mes...

Sales license and Cases question
Hi there! I have a User with a single Sales license. It seems that he can see the Cases under an Account and he can receive activities regarding Cases, but cannot Complete them. Does it makes sense? How "far" a Sales user can go with Cases? Thanks a lot, Elena Verify the roles >-----Original Message----- >Hi there! >I have a User with a single Sales license. It seems that he can see the >Cases under an Account and he can receive activities regarding Cases, but >cannot Complete them. Does it makes sense? How "far" a Sales user can go >with Cases? ...

Synchronization
I am running Money2003. I had to reinstall the program. I am unable to synchronize with MSMoney. Everything appears to be properly marked, but it kicks back an error and says unable to synchronize. What should I check Your post is too vague to try and diagnose exactly what's wrong. But, here are some starting points: Go here http://www.microsoft.com/money/partner/tools.asp#ofxdoc and: - look at OFX_Error_Messages.doc, see if the error you get is in that document. - Try the method on p. 4 of TroubleshootingOFX.doc, CTRL+SHIFT under the Logging Calls section. Then look in the lo...