Synchronize personal addressbook with LDAP server

Can I synchronize my personal addressbook with LDAP server.
I am looking for a utility that can synchronize in the background
without any interaction required

Thanks
Ram
Please cc me at ram @ netcore.co.in  I am not subscribed to this list

sql server licensing key
I have the sql server disks, but they do not seem to have the license key on them. Is there a way to discover what the license key is for my current product? The reason I need this is when we purchased a piece of software they needed SQL Server 2000, however we could not purchase a SQL Server 2000 License so we purchased SQL Server 2005 and downgraded to SQL Server 2000. So that means we have the SQL Server 2005 disks and now we need to upgrade to SQL Server 2005, which our 3rd party software firm is now requiring. However as I state above the license key doesn't seem t...

how do I stop outlook 2003 from synchronizing folders
this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually doing it? thanks Mike (from Australia) mikeo;143428 Wrote: > this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually > doing > it? > > thanks > > Mike (from Australia) What type of email account do you have? If Hotmail using the Connector, remove the account, uninstall the connector and install v14 beta connector then recreate the account. Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit: http://tinyurl.com/y8vkkx2 -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

can't install crm on test server
I'm trying to set up a test environment for CRM, and i get the following error when running setup: "Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server Setup Error:" "Failed to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server. Failed to determine your account name. Unspecified Error (80004005)" i'm doing the install on a windows 2000 server machine, that is part of a domain of which i am a domain administrator. Any ideas as to what's causing this error? At which point during the install do you get this?? Does it allow you to get to the licinse inpu...

Restoring Entire SQL Server
After reading through the rather light documentation on technet (surprise, surprise) I am unable to find an easy solution to recovering an entire SQL server. I have a SQL server protection by DPM 2007 SP1, it contains around 50 databases. I am able to recover the system (Bare Metal) but am wondering how to recover all the databases from the GUI without doing it 1 by 1, either the latest or from some point in time. Do I need to script this???? Cheers Zak Recovering entire SQL instance is not supported. One database at a time is the way to restore them. You can sc...

How to Transfer xml data from VB6 server to Excel2003 (client) fast?
My application is initiated by a user on client (the user choose a report) then I make a server side calculation by using the office web component (simulating Excel in an ActiveX dll) VB6. Then I would like to send the resulting data to the calling client (Excel Addin + VB6 Client). I'm using Excel2003. Why I make a serverside calculation instead of send the values and formulas to Excel and let Excel do the work on the client are : 1. I want to filter the data after the calculation and only send part of the resulting data 2. Some clients will be browsers without calculations possib...

Synchronization error
We have a user who receives an error each time her Outlook attempts to synchronize on her laptop. In the synchronization log in her deleted items, it appears as: 8:57:13 Error synchronizing folder 8:57:13 [8004010F-501-8004010F-521] 8:57:13 The client operation failed. 8:57:13 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 8:57:13 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 8:57:13 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f-521 The strange thing is, it does not appear that anything is synchronizing incorrectly...

Can delegates use the other persons contacts to create distribution lists
It alsways defaults to the Delegates Contact list. Any help? >-----Original Message----- >It alsways defaults to the Delegates Contact list. > >Any help? >. > Any ideas at all? ...

Synchronization issues for Calendar items in Entourage 2004
I'm using Entourage 2004 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server at work. On my desktop, the calendar seems to work fine. But from laptops, there are problems: I made changes to a couple of calendar items, and eventually closed the laptop. I got to work, and don't see the changes reflected here. Another laptop I opened at home took one old calendar entry and used it to replace a more recent one, losing my changes! What's going on - is there a way I can track the synchronization and perhaps set some clients to be "read-only"? I hate the fact that some changes don'...

Synchronization
Our Windows XP machine syncronizes with a folder on the server named "Dennis". We have added a new user and want it to synchronize to a different folder .. for "Brad" ... But the synchronize manager will not allow us to change the folder. Have read instructions and find no solution ... Appreciate any assistance ... Brad ...

Moving from 32 bit to 64 bit Terminal Servers and SQL
My current environment has 1 - 32 bit SQL 2000 Server and 4 - 32 bit win2k3 terminal servers with around 85 users. I also use ODBC a great deal with all my users in addition to the normal POS system. I have all new 64 bit servers. The SQL server is running SQL 2005 (so it is an upgrade.) My plan is to (at go-live) shutdown the current production servers. Rename the New 64 bit Production servers to the same name as the current servers (Remove from domain (reboot) change name (reboot) flush DNS, add back to domain (reboot)). I tested this and it seems to work fine. Is this ...

Synchronize personal addressbook with LDAP server
Can I synchronize my personal addressbook with LDAP server. I am looking for a utility that can synchronize in the background without any interaction required Thanks Ram Please cc me at ram @ netcore.co.in I am not subscribed to this list ...

HTTP Mail Server timeout message #2
Messages from 2003 indicate that the registry setting for changing this don't work with Hotmail. I'm trying to change it for another service, but since the actual setting was never mentionned I can't try. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks, Andrew Outlook doesn't really work with any other HTTP mail servers other than MSN/Hotmail (as far as I know) <andrew.perron@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1128015152.224893.271050@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Messages from 2003 indicate that the registry setting for changing this > don't work ...

creation of synchronization log messages #3
I have outlook XP on win2k, and my deleted items folder is being filled by "synchronization log" messages at the rate of 1 per minute. They appear to be simply a log (no problems indicated). Here's a sample from the log... 16:44:06 Synchronizing Hierarchy 16:44:06 Synchronizing Favorites 16:44:06 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' .... 16:44:07 Done 16:44:08 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 16:44:08 0X8004010F Where is a setting in outlook where I can disable this? Thanks! Tools->Send Receive. Set your offline folders to only sync on exit. --� Milly Staples...

pokey startup of POS (has SQL server on it)
At the end of the day, we put our POS to sleep (Standby). When we wake it up in the morning, it is often very slow to resume and show a desktop. Also, it is very slow to allow launching of Store Ops. Does this have anything to do with the newer SQL server software installed when we upgraded RMS 2.0? Any other ideas on how to improve performance in resuming from standby and launching/using POS in the morning? FWIW, I am using XP Professional Version 2002, w/ SP 2, on a PC with a Pentium 4 3.00 GHz, and 512 MV of RAM, w/ Task Manager showing 161 MB free with Store Ops loaded. Any help i...

File Synchronization
So that I have my documents with me at all times and so that "My Documents" are the same on both my home desktop and my laptop, I set my "My Documents" address on my laptop to my "My Documents" folder on the desktop and set the files to be made available offline. As with all offline shared file synchronization processes, when I synchronize my files, the system scans all files of both computers for any changes or new files, and if and only if there are any, it synchronizes those changes or new files. For some odd reason, I have a handful or so of ...

Synchronizing Outlook between two computers
I have Outlook 2000 on my desktop and Outlook 2003 on my laptop. I would like to synchronize them (using the desktop to update the laptop). I've done some searching on the internet and not found really helpful information (other than software to do it). I didn't know if there was a way to do it other than by purchasing software (my two computers are networked together via a router). Any suggestions? G'Day Ken, There is no in-built mechanism. Since your systems are on the same LAN, you must buy something like SynchPST: http://www.synchpst.com/ Install...

How to move reporting service to another server?
Hello all, I am trying to move a reporting service from a old server to a new one. I restored the reporting_service_db, however, the service failed to start in the new server. What is the correct procedure? please advise. Sunny Sunny I have done it once, installed a new SSRS and deployed all reports to the new server "Sunny" <sunny@gmail.com> wrote in message news:72117ACA-5508-41CF-B67D-95BA844557A2@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am trying to move a reporting service from a old server to a new one. > > I restored the ...

can't get mail from server?
I have a client running SBS 2003 with Exchange and every morning they cannot get any messages in Outlook from the server. If they reboot the server then their mail comes in. No messages are lost from overnight so the server is still accepting messages but the clients don;t recieve them. When they are having the problem I can ping thier mail.domain.com and nslookup displays the correct MX record from outside their network. There are a few errors in the event log such as 8250-DsGetDCNameW error and 8026-LDAP bind was unsuccessful but the KB says those can be ignored. Today I reregist...

How to Install GP 6.0 on new Server
I need to install GP 6.0 on a Win2003 Server with SQL 2000. I am currently using SQL 7.0 on NT4 . I have moved the databases using KB 314546 & KB 246133. The moves worked and the first GP logon to the server works, but when I attempt to logon to the Company, I get an error "Your login has been removed from the user activity file and you cannot be in the accounting system". I checked the Dynamics ACTIVITY table, and it is empty, so I am not hung up there. Did I err in believing that I could just copy the databases etc. and get GP to work? Do I need to follow a diffe...

New essay: The Best Synchronization is No Synchronization
In response to an earlier post saying that messages should not be used for synchronization and that primitives like mutexes, events, and semaphores were better suited, (note also that CRITICAL_SECTIONs had been omitted from the list, probably an oversight, and timers had been included, for reasons I cannot ascertain because timers have nothing to do with synchronization). I offer a counterargument: these primitives are the assembly code of synchronization, and mechanisms like messages and I/O Completion Ports provide much better alternatives most of the time. We should be searching for highe...

Outlook on Exchange server machine
Hi, I've just been told that I shouldn't have Outlook installed on the same machine as MS Exchange 5.5 What problems is this likely to create? Will I get the same problems if its installed but not running, and is only called by a program that creates an outlook object in order to send mail automatically? By the way the machine I'm talking about is W2000 SP3, running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT4 domain. Thanks in advance Steve W Outlook makes changes to the MAPI subsystem. Microsoft does not recommend installing Exchange Server and Outlook on the same computer http://support...

DMF 3.0 not working under Virtual PC or Virtual Server ?
Hi everyone, does somebody know if the DMF 3.0 won't work under Virtual PC or Virtual Server? I tried to import flatfiles (txt or csv) into MSCRM via DMF and it doesn't work at all. The CDF Staging DB has all the data from the flatfiles but the Migration doesn't work. No errors in logfile.. Maybe it's because of VPC? Any ideas? Greets from Germany, Romantischik I haven't tried it so I'm not sure, but it sounds unlikely to me that it wouldn't work on a VPC or Virtual Server. I know there are some language issues with DMF, but I'm no expert on that so ...

Synchronization
I am running Money2003. I had to reinstall the program. I am unable to synchronize with MSMoney. Everything appears to be properly marked, but it kicks back an error and says unable to synchronize. What should I check Your post is too vague to try and diagnose exactly what's wrong. But, here are some starting points: Go here http://www.microsoft.com/money/partner/tools.asp#ofxdoc and: - look at OFX_Error_Messages.doc, see if the error you get is in that document. - Try the method on p. 4 of TroubleshootingOFX.doc, CTRL+SHIFT under the Logging Calls section. Then look in the lo...

palm synchronization
My system runs outlook Express 6. I have a palm M505 and I can't get the palm to synch with outlook express. The palm will synch with my desktop, just not with outlook express 6 I don't know if there are any conduit programs that sync a Palm m505 with OE...I have an m505 and I use Chapura PocketMirror to sync with Outlook, but Outlook Express is a different program. You may have to do some research to see if there are any available conduits for OE. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgro...

GPIB Synchronization and Threads
Hi, I'm currently using the GPIB-USB-HS interface from National Instrument. I'm trying to have several worker threads that will update various data live to the main form; I ran into the problem of "overflowing" my GPIB interface (and my Write command threw me a lot of exceptions). How exactly do you use *WAI, *OPC and *OPC or is there a better way of controlling the flow of data so that the threads don't send commands simultaneously or when the previous one is not yet finished? Thanks everyone! If anyone has written similiar API to control GPIB devices please let me ...