Synchronization Login Prompt

I keep getting a network login prompt when I attempt to
synchronize Outlook 97 when using Dial Up.
I have selected and deselected everything under MS
Exchange Server Information Exchange.

The one thing that I cannot be allowed to do is give the
Laptop I am on an account on the domain.

What is the solution?
0
anonymous (74721)

What processes require the SA login?
Is there a list somewhere outlining the processes that require using the "SA" login? I don't want to have anyone using "SA" unless absolutely necessary. Mike There are only a few tasks that require the sa login. The two most common ones are creating users and granting user access to a company db. HTH Paul >-----Original Message----- >Is there a list somewhere outlining the processes that require using the >"SA" login? I don't want to have anyone using "SA" unless absolutely >necessary. > >Mike > > >. > H...

how do I stop outlook 2003 from synchronizing folders
this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually doing it? thanks Mike (from Australia) mikeo;143428 Wrote: > this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually > doing > it? > > thanks > > Mike (from Australia) What type of email account do you have? If Hotmail using the Connector, remove the account, uninstall the connector and install v14 beta connector then recreate the account. Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit: http://tinyurl.com/y8vkkx2 -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Synchronization error
We have a user who receives an error each time her Outlook attempts to synchronize on her laptop. In the synchronization log in her deleted items, it appears as: 8:57:13 Error synchronizing folder 8:57:13 [8004010F-501-8004010F-521] 8:57:13 The client operation failed. 8:57:13 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 8:57:13 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 8:57:13 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f-521 The strange thing is, it does not appear that anything is synchronizing incorrectly...

Synchronization issues for Calendar items in Entourage 2004
I'm using Entourage 2004 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server at work. On my desktop, the calendar seems to work fine. But from laptops, there are problems: I made changes to a couple of calendar items, and eventually closed the laptop. I got to work, and don't see the changes reflected here. Another laptop I opened at home took one old calendar entry and used it to replace a more recent one, losing my changes! What's going on - is there a way I can track the synchronization and perhaps set some clients to be "read-only"? I hate the fact that some changes don'...

Synchronization
Our Windows XP machine syncronizes with a folder on the server named "Dennis". We have added a new user and want it to synchronize to a different folder .. for "Brad" ... But the synchronize manager will not allow us to change the folder. Have read instructions and find no solution ... Appreciate any assistance ... Brad ...

Synchronize personal addressbook with LDAP server
Can I synchronize my personal addressbook with LDAP server. I am looking for a utility that can synchronize in the background without any interaction required Thanks Ram Please cc me at ram @ netcore.co.in I am not subscribed to this list ...

Public folders prompts for password with ESM
When I try to administer public folders with ESM in Exchange 2003. I am prompted for a password. Not sure of the correct authentication setting in IIS also I get free/busy errors when user tries to schedule meetings. The 3rd issue I'm seeing on exchange server in the event viewer is an id # 7004 this article explains last error http://support.microsoft.com/kb843106 . Has anybody seen this issue before? One other issue I get if I enter wrong password it hangs and I kill it with task manager. On 18 Dec 2004 23:29:51 -0800, "Bill" <bruauge@hotmail.com> wrote: >When I try...

creation of synchronization log messages #3
I have outlook XP on win2k, and my deleted items folder is being filled by "synchronization log" messages at the rate of 1 per minute. They appear to be simply a log (no problems indicated). Here's a sample from the log... 16:44:06 Synchronizing Hierarchy 16:44:06 Synchronizing Favorites 16:44:06 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' .... 16:44:07 Done 16:44:08 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 16:44:08 0X8004010F Where is a setting in outlook where I can disable this? Thanks! Tools->Send Receive. Set your offline folders to only sync on exit. --� Milly Staples...

File Synchronization
So that I have my documents with me at all times and so that "My Documents" are the same on both my home desktop and my laptop, I set my "My Documents" address on my laptop to my "My Documents" folder on the desktop and set the files to be made available offline. As with all offline shared file synchronization processes, when I synchronize my files, the system scans all files of both computers for any changes or new files, and if and only if there are any, it synchronizes those changes or new files. For some odd reason, I have a handful or so of ...

G.P. 10 Login Issues
We have GP 10 running on with SQL Server 2005. The install went fine and all the components installed with only minor incident. I am however unable to login using ANY domain/SQL server id. I have the ODBC System DSN pointing to the SQL server and the connection tests fine. Then I launch GP and attempt to log in I receive the following error: You are attempting to long in from a data source using a trusted connection. Update the SQL Settings for this data source to disable trusted connections and try logging on again. Well, at least I thought I did that. I set the 'Forced En...

Synchronizing Outlook between two computers
I have Outlook 2000 on my desktop and Outlook 2003 on my laptop. I would like to synchronize them (using the desktop to update the laptop). I've done some searching on the internet and not found really helpful information (other than software to do it). I didn't know if there was a way to do it other than by purchasing software (my two computers are networked together via a router). Any suggestions? G'Day Ken, There is no in-built mechanism. Since your systems are on the same LAN, you must buy something like SynchPST: http://www.synchpst.com/ Install...

New essay: The Best Synchronization is No Synchronization
In response to an earlier post saying that messages should not be used for synchronization and that primitives like mutexes, events, and semaphores were better suited, (note also that CRITICAL_SECTIONs had been omitted from the list, probably an oversight, and timers had been included, for reasons I cannot ascertain because timers have nothing to do with synchronization). I offer a counterargument: these primitives are the assembly code of synchronization, and mechanisms like messages and I/O Completion Ports provide much better alternatives most of the time. We should be searching for highe...

Synchronization
I am running Money2003. I had to reinstall the program. I am unable to synchronize with MSMoney. Everything appears to be properly marked, but it kicks back an error and says unable to synchronize. What should I check Your post is too vague to try and diagnose exactly what's wrong. But, here are some starting points: Go here http://www.microsoft.com/money/partner/tools.asp#ofxdoc and: - look at OFX_Error_Messages.doc, see if the error you get is in that document. - Try the method on p. 4 of TroubleshootingOFX.doc, CTRL+SHIFT under the Logging Calls section. Then look in the lo...

disable user login activity window
Customers should have the ability to disable the new feature that allows users to be able to log themselves back in if they get kicked out. Some System Administrators like to be aware of kick-out instances. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mi...

Repeated Outlook CDO Update Prompts
Since installing the latest Office 2000 update as listed on the Office Update website on 1/16/06, we are getting repeatedly prompted to install the Outlook 2000 Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) update from the year 2000 on ALL our Windows 98 and ME machines. We have tried several times to (re)install the CDO update, and each time it says it installs successfully, yet it comes up again the next time we run Office Update. This appears to be a problem with the Office Update detection engine. As an addendum to this post, the update we installed on 1/16/06 (which ended up causing the CDO proble...

Can login, then I can't
Using the Web access to the CRM I can usually visit the webpage and see the CRM homepage etc etc, however every so often I am then not allowed access. and presented with a "User access error" Of the 5 users with have I am the only one to experience this, and would like to know what might be happening. The outlook module doesn't suffer from this and I can access that anytime, even when the web browser portion wont let me in ------=_NextPart_0001_90B13679 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Richard~ It sounds like you may, at times, be using a cache...

outlook 2003 prompts me to save normal template everytime i exit outlook
hi i have just installed office 2003. i did on my second use change some views (fonts) for columns to get more info in each column. however, now every time i exit outlook,even if no changes were made to view, a prompt comes up asking if i want to save the changes i made to the normal template. any thoughts on how to stop that prompt? mark did you install anything else that adds an addin to word? like adobe acrobat... having acrobat installed causes the same annoying message all the time too. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook...

Prompt box on where statement for docmd.openreport
Hi All, I have a form with a command button that has 2 combo boxes beside it. The 2 comboboxes and named cmbYear (number field from a query) and cmbMonth( text field from a month table tblMonth). The coding for the command button is Private Sub Command5_Click() DoCmd.OpenReport "2007_SWR Query", acViewPreview, , "[Costing Month] ='" & Me.cmbMonth & "' AND [Year] = " & Me.cmbYear End Sub Issue I am having is that it will accept the cmbmonth value but prompts me for the year value. If I cancel the prompt and debug the line, on mouse over ...

macro to login GP using Window XP Schedule Tasks stopped working
I have create a batch file that runs a macro to login to Great Plains and then print out report to a text file then logs out of Great Plains. This is run every night on the server so I use the 'Schedule Tasks' in Window XP to do this. I normally logon to the server using Remote Desktop Connection to see if it is running. I actually see GP being login to, print the report & then logs out. It has been working fine about 90% of the time for the last 2 months. But I sometime would get an "Error: Field on window is inactive or disabled. Last Line: 20". In my ...

palm synchronization
My system runs outlook Express 6. I have a palm M505 and I can't get the palm to synch with outlook express. The palm will synch with my desktop, just not with outlook express 6 I don't know if there are any conduit programs that sync a Palm m505 with OE...I have an m505 and I use Chapura PocketMirror to sync with Outlook, but Outlook Express is a different program. You may have to do some research to see if there are any available conduits for OE. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgro...

GPIB Synchronization and Threads
Hi, I'm currently using the GPIB-USB-HS interface from National Instrument. I'm trying to have several worker threads that will update various data live to the main form; I ran into the problem of "overflowing" my GPIB interface (and my Write command threw me a lot of exceptions). How exactly do you use *WAI, *OPC and *OPC or is there a better way of controlling the flow of data so that the threads don't send commands simultaneously or when the previous one is not yet finished? Thanks everyone! If anyone has written similiar API to control GPIB devices please let me ...

Problem with synchronizing
I have finished installing HQ Server, HQ Client, and Store Operations in our office. I have tried to connect HQ Client with HQ Server, it will communicate with no problem. But when I try to create global customers either in SO or Server, it won't synchronize. Same with all the items, receipts, etc... I have the HQ Server installed on a dedicated server with the SQL Database with the HQ Database and the Store Database. The HQ Client is installed on the POS system. Any help? I have made sure I am connecting to the right database. Thanks Gary Check Store Ops Manager - File - Co...

Offline Synchronization
Here is the scenario - we have a customer that has nince registers. During the week, no more than 4 or 5 registers are used. The others typically only get used on the weekend. S such, these registers only have Z-Reports and synchronization run once or twice a week. At the point where these registers are brought online, their offline database has not been updated for more than a week. If the server fails, these registrers are running on old offline data. The customer does not want to run z-reports at startup (they run them for each change of shirt) because it creates too many reports to ...

Outlook Synchronization Error
Hi I have a problem trying to synchronize offline folders with the Exchange Server. I have a Exchange 5.5 - SP 4 (running on window 2000) and having problem with Outlook 2000(SR-1a) and 2002(SP2). When synchronization is completed, a synchronization log is created in the deleted folders as below. 12:12:00 Synchronizing Hierarchy 12:12:00 Synchronizing Favorites 12:12:00 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' 12:12:16 5 item(s) added to offline folder 12:12:16 Error synchronizing folder 12:12:16 [80004005-501-50A-550] 12:12:16 The client operation failed. 12:12:16 Microsoft ...

Cannot Use AD Commands in Command Prompt
I have a very aggravating problem where whenever I enter an AD command at the DOS prompt, I lose my AD connection, and have to lock, and unlock the client in order to use any AD resources, including the MMC The message in the command prompt is "The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you." Any ideas on why a command at the command prompt would disconnect me? I would look in the event log on both the dc you are connecting to and your local client in which you are connecting t...