Synchronization errors #2

Outlook 2003 is not properly synchronizing offline files. I have gone
throught the send/receive settings I have checked the cache mode. However, it
will synch the files if you manually go through each folder right click and
Prcess the Headers. Operating System for this machine is XP.
Thanks in advance for any help and guidance
0
Christine (97)

If you delete the .ost and try again does it work?  If you try a new mail
profile, does that help?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Christine asked:

| Outlook 2003 is not properly synchronizing offline files. I have gone
| throught the send/receive settings I have checked the cache mode.
| However, it will synch the files if you manually go through each
| folder right click and Prcess the Headers. Operating System for this
| machine is XP.
| Thanks in advance for any help and guidance

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
12/17/2004 5:08:07 AM

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> If you delete the .ost and try again does it work?  If you try a new mail
> profile, does that help?
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head scratching, Christine asked:
>
> | Outlook 2003 is not properly synchronizing offline files. I have gone
> | throught the send/receive settings I have checked the cache mode.
> | However, it will synch the files if you manually go through each
> | folder right click and Prcess the Headers. Operating System for this
> | machine is XP.
> | Thanks in advance for any help and guidance

0
Christine (97)

how do I stop outlook 2003 from synchronizing folders
this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually doing it? thanks Mike (from Australia) mikeo;143428 Wrote: > this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually > doing > it? > > thanks > > Mike (from Australia) What type of email account do you have? If Hotmail using the Connector, remove the account, uninstall the connector and install v14 beta connector then recreate the account. Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit: http://tinyurl.com/y8vkkx2 -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

OWA for exchange minor error
links inside a message body always generate an asp redirect code that does not execute at all thus giving an http 500 error - page not found. Example on a link to http://www.nightlight.org within a mail body. http://orange/exchweb/bin/redir.asp? URL=http://www.nightlight.org/ Exchange Server 2003 running on Server 2000 SP4 PLease help. ...

Synchronization error
We have a user who receives an error each time her Outlook attempts to synchronize on her laptop. In the synchronization log in her deleted items, it appears as: 8:57:13 Error synchronizing folder 8:57:13 [8004010F-501-8004010F-521] 8:57:13 The client operation failed. 8:57:13 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 8:57:13 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 8:57:13 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f-521 The strange thing is, it does not appear that anything is synchronizing incorrectly...

error 0x80040116 solved?
I created a new pst to solve error 0x80040116 (posted July 25.03) everything works fine but I cannot access old emails. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help. Before I created a new pst chkdsk/scandisk would not run. chkdsk-unusual error occurred scandisk-file not accessible Since the creation of my new pst, I can now access my old emails after I ran chkdsk/scandisk 5 times in succession. So far everything seems back to normal. >-----Original Message----- >I suspect that there is a disk error in one of the sectors used by your old >PST. I...

Synchronization issues for Calendar items in Entourage 2004
I'm using Entourage 2004 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server at work. On my desktop, the calendar seems to work fine. But from laptops, there are problems: I made changes to a couple of calendar items, and eventually closed the laptop. I got to work, and don't see the changes reflected here. Another laptop I opened at home took one old calendar entry and used it to replace a more recent one, losing my changes! What's going on - is there a way I can track the synchronization and perhaps set some clients to be "read-only"? I hate the fact that some changes don'...

Synchronization
Our Windows XP machine syncronizes with a folder on the server named "Dennis". We have added a new user and want it to synchronize to a different folder .. for "Brad" ... But the synchronize manager will not allow us to change the folder. Have read instructions and find no solution ... Appreciate any assistance ... Brad ...

error C2065: 'PROTECTED_DACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION' : undeclared
The following is ok ::SetSecurityInfo(hProcess,SE_KERNEL_OBJECT,DACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION ,NULL,NULL,pAcl,NULL) but error C2065: 'PROTECTED_DACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION' : undeclared identifier ::SetSecurityInfo(hProcess,SE_KERNEL_OBJECT,DACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION | PROTECTED_DACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION,NULL,NULL,pAcl,NULL); why?????? "zhang" <makefriend8@163.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:%23YR8lIxPIHA.5400@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > The following is ok > > ::SetSecurityInfo(hProcess,SE_KERNEL_OBJECT,DACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION > ,NULL,NULL,pAcl,NUL...

Synchronize personal addressbook with LDAP server
Can I synchronize my personal addressbook with LDAP server. I am looking for a utility that can synchronize in the background without any interaction required Thanks Ram Please cc me at ram @ netcore.co.in I am not subscribed to this list ...

Please Help with Windows Defender Error
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have read so many documents and tried so many things that do not work. When I turn on my computer I get this error message about windows defender. Error Code 0x800106ba Application failed to initialize.... I found this article "Article ID: 931849 - Last Review: May 4, 2010 - Revision: 3.0" . I tried everything and nothing worked. I got to the last option, #4 and this file wuaueng.dll was not succefull in running. Here is what the last option # 4 says to do. If this issue is not resolved after you complete step 3, follow this step:...

Outlook user name error?
Outlook 2003 Comcast POP3 I get an user name error when trying to setup outlook to be the client for comcast mail. The comcast servers and ports are setup properly. I was wondering if the username convention might be a problem for my mother first.last@comcast.net I setup my account on her machine as xxxxxxxx@comcast.net and it went just fine. Is there a problem with the . (dot) in the user name field that outlook does not like? On web mail the user name/password works fine. Any help appreciated. She really likes outlook. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net John...

Information Store Crash #2
The Information Store on our Exchange 2000 server crashed. The following errors were in the event log, but I cannot tell if they are a cause or a symptom of the crash. If anyone has any insight, that would be great. . . a reboot seemed to correct the issue and it has not happened again. Event Type: Error Event Source: EXCDO Event Category: General Event ID: 8217 Date: 10/5/2004 Time: 1:55:25 PM User: N/A Computer: exchg Description: The processing of the recurring appointment with the subject "Tom is gone after 2 pm (class)" in mailbox: UserA failed with error code 0x80040...

creation of synchronization log messages #3
I have outlook XP on win2k, and my deleted items folder is being filled by "synchronization log" messages at the rate of 1 per minute. They appear to be simply a log (no problems indicated). Here's a sample from the log... 16:44:06 Synchronizing Hierarchy 16:44:06 Synchronizing Favorites 16:44:06 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' .... 16:44:07 Done 16:44:08 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 16:44:08 0X8004010F Where is a setting in outlook where I can disable this? Thanks! Tools->Send Receive. Set your offline folders to only sync on exit. --� Milly Staples...

linking forms in 2 files
Can you link forms like you can link tables? The reason I'm asking is that I have 1 master database and 3 user databases where I have linked the tables. Each database has the same form - for inputing data. If in the future, I want to make a change to the form, I want to do it only in the master database and have the other user databases update automatically. Is this possible? In Access 2000, under tools/database utilities, there is a menu item--database splitter. There isn't a lot about this in the online help that i could find. However, it is useful with multiusers. On Thu...

File Synchronization
So that I have my documents with me at all times and so that "My Documents" are the same on both my home desktop and my laptop, I set my "My Documents" address on my laptop to my "My Documents" folder on the desktop and set the files to be made available offline. As with all offline shared file synchronization processes, when I synchronize my files, the system scans all files of both computers for any changes or new files, and if and only if there are any, it synchronizes those changes or new files. For some odd reason, I have a handful or so of ...

Outlook 2003/CRM 3.0 Error
Hi, I've just finished installing our first test CRM 3.0 server. This is a clean Windows Server 2003 Sp1 build, with SQL Server 2005, and CRM 3.0. Set up went ok, no problems. I've created a DNS entry of crm.domain.com pointing to the IP of the server. And I can access the CRM pages using IE via http://crm.domain.com However after installing the CRM laptop client (haven't tried the desktop client yet) on my laptop, and restarting, I receiving the following error message when I open Outlook: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. the server migh...

Intrastat Info problem for line items
Hi I have configured the default intrastat information of Items and customers. I have also enabled the Intrastat tracking for the company. I can create the SOP transaction using items and customer combination. However, the intrastat information, even though its default correctly for line items in SOP, but I had click the EU (Intrastat Icon) to open Intrastat screen and OK it. Unless I do that every such line item, the transaction doesnt post while posting the batch. I am baffled a little as the intrastat info is default for line items, but I always need to open the Intrastat detail screen an...

Scratch area #2
Mary and posted a alternate methods of moving pages around in Pub 2000. This made me think about the scratch area and its uses. We all work a bit differently so this should be fun. What do you use the scratch area for? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote: > Mary and posted a alternate methods of moving pages around in Pub 2000. This > made me think about the scratch area and its uses. We all work a bit > differently so this should be fun. > > What do you use the scra...

Exchange 2003 Categorizer errors
We just added a Exchange 2003 server to our Exchange 5.5 site. (We are also running 2003 AD.) Periodically the Event Log shows the following error messages when a user sends an email out. (All these users are users of mailboxes that have been moved to the 2003 server.) The message is delayed a little bit but it eventually gets to its destination. I can't find any docs on these error messages. Any Ideas? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Categorizer Event ID: 6010 Date: 8/24/2004 Time: 10:20:18 AM User: N/A Computer: CORPSRV27 Description: Cate...

Act to outlook #2
I currently have a customer that is going to start using an exchange sever, and the clients are going to all be using outlook. In outlook how much can you customize the contacts. can you create new fields and sort on them? also is there a way to create mailing list using outlook? There's a bit of info in one of the FAQ's here that might help (as will the site in general): http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/welcomefaq.htm "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:uiQsMNylFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I currently have a customer that is going to...

Formatting Charts #2
Hi Is there a way to format a chart autommatically? I have a sheet with 10 charts and I want to aplly each one the sam format as in chart 1. Thank you Paulo Guerr -- pmguerr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pmguerra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1498 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39187 At the end of his Chart Types article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=299 Jon Peltier discusses Custom Chart types, and copying formats from cha...

Visual 2010 compilation errors
Hi, I have solutions that compile under VS2008 with no warning nor errors. While porting them to VS2010 I've got this kind of behavior : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afx.h(469): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'AfxCrtErrorCheck' etc., all related to VS2010 own files and mainly related to types definitions. Our solutions are using mfc. What's wrong with VS2010 while compiling ? DamL wrote: > Hi, > > I have solutions that compile under VS2008 with no warning nor > erro...

conditional cell protection #2
Is it possible to conditionally protect a cell or range of cells? Let's say that; A1 is empty - A2 has 2.81. Both cells are formated as unprotected. The spreadsheet is protected. I need to change the contents of A2 regularly. Until, I enter a date into A1. Then I want A2 to become protected so that it cannot be accidentally altered. Possible??? -- ijw ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ijw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33442 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=5325...

MAPILogonEx Error
All, We've been getting MAPILogonEx errors on our Exchange 2003 SP1. When this happens, tasks like backup and creating offline address book stop working. Does any have any idea on the cause and the fix of this problem? Thanks for your help. This can happen if the emsabp provider fails to load and or if we fail to bind to the DS. 1. You can check to make sure that the server is not hard coded to a particular domain controller: The DS Server registry key and rebuilding an Offline Address List - http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2006/05/06/591620.aspx 2. You can run OABInt...

Synchronizing Outlook between two computers
I have Outlook 2000 on my desktop and Outlook 2003 on my laptop. I would like to synchronize them (using the desktop to update the laptop). I've done some searching on the internet and not found really helpful information (other than software to do it). I didn't know if there was a way to do it other than by purchasing software (my two computers are networked together via a router). Any suggestions? G'Day Ken, There is no in-built mechanism. Since your systems are on the same LAN, you must buy something like SynchPST: http://www.synchpst.com/ Install...

Error after report is run.
So after the report finishes it gets downloaded to the desktop fine but there is an error that comes up "error mainCausalCode()". You click ok on that error box and everything is fine but I'm just wondering why that error even comes up? Any help? thanks!!!! Hi, Sounds like faulty VBA code. Which could be in a number of places and which could be doing who knows what. Do you know anything about VBA programming? If not, you will want to ask someone who does to take a look at the code behind the process. If so, you can attempt to debug it in the VBA Editor;...