Synchronising tasks

I have an application that creates tasks on a database
and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part.
The problem is if the user edited or deleted the
outlook tasks, I want the changes to reflect on
tasks saved on the database. Is there any way
to accomplish this?

thanks in advance !

0
Deck

"Deck" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:dvor0i$ni2$1@emma.aioe.org...
>I have an application that creates tasks on a database
> and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part.
> The problem is if the user edited or deleted the
> outlook tasks, I want the changes to reflect on
> tasks saved on the database. Is there any way
> to accomplish this?
>
> thanks in advance !

I think this would be a very good question to ask the people who
developed/support your database application.

0
lanwench (7567)
3/21/2006 3:24:40 PM
You are going to have to capture two events in your application in order
accomplish what you want.  One is the Write event for the item that you are
editing; the Second is the BeforeItemDelete event for the item. Once you
capture those events you will be able to send updates to the database.

regards,
Thaddaeus.

"Deck" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:dvor0i$ni2$1@emma.aioe.org...
>I have an application that creates tasks on a database
> and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part.
> The problem is if the user edited or deleted the
> outlook tasks, I want the changes to reflect on
> tasks saved on the database. Is there any way
> to accomplish this?
>
> thanks in advance !

0
tparker1 (1)
3/21/2006 6:26:06 PM
is there any example i can have a look at ?

thanks

"Thaddaeus Parker" <tparker@microlinkllc.com> wrote in message
> You are going to have to capture two events in your application in order
> accomplish what you want.  One is the Write event for the item that you
> are editing; the Second is the BeforeItemDelete event for the item. Once
> you capture those events you will be able to send updates to the database.
>
> regards,
> Thaddaeus.
>
> "Deck" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:dvor0i$ni2$1@emma.aioe.org...
>>I have an application that creates tasks on a database
>> and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part.
>> The problem is if the user edited or deleted the
>> outlook tasks, I want the changes to reflect on
>> tasks saved on the database. Is there any way
>> to accomplish this?
>>
>> thanks in advance !

0
Deck

sales task add-in button doesn't work
Anyone know how to get the crm task to work in outlook 2003? It was working and now not working. I can't figure out how to remove and add it back. Andy ...

Start Up Tasks
When I start up my computer after sign on, I want to open 15 Excel workbooks. I have created shortcuts for all 15, and added them to the Start Up, but not all of them open or show to be open........any suggestions? Thx Yes, try posting in a Windows newsgroup. This one is for Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Rocket Boy" <RocketBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCC07FC2-96C3-4CFE-BB67-46C437CC38AB@microsoft.com... > When I start up my computer after sign on, I wa...

synchronisity
hello, I'm not sure whether i'm in the right forum but it seems like a good place to start. I have made an excel program for site inspectors which only has two users, each with a copy of the program on their desktop, both with each others information on one file. What i really want is to have a copy on a network group file so i can make any ammendments to the program, which will then be passed on to their copies on their desktop, probably in a similar way to website synchronisation which is updated every so often. An even better solution (but probably much harder!) would b...

Local Data synchronisation problem
Hello, I have a strange problem when I try to syncronize Outlook and CRM using the local data option. The first time that I have syncronize Outlook and CRM everything work fine and no problem appear. The CRM Contact appear inside the Outlook contact. But don't ask me why, I have delete all contact inside my Outlook (but don't forget all contact are always inside the CRM). After this, I try to syncronize again Outlook and CRM but this time no contact appear inside the Outlook. Someone have an idea how can I fix this ? P.S.: My Outlook use an Exchange server and the Outlook d...

Task not updating between PCs
I have a user that uses 2 PCs and 2 different locations. We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 and both workstations are using XP Pro SP2. The problem is that when she makes changes to her tasks on one PC, the second PC does not always update the changes made to the tasks. I was under the impression that changes made should update in Exchange and the second PC grab it's information from Exchange. roger.moreau@gmail.com wrote: > I have a user that uses 2 PCs and 2 different locations. We are > running Exchange 2003 SP2 and both workstations are using XP Pro SP2. > The problem is that ...

Synchronisation
One of my mail providers has synch'd all mail (lycos) I can receive mails in to my synch'd inbox, see the subjects, I can not open them though. Outlook 2002 just closes down and restarts, (after asking if I want to send an error message). However If I right click and select forward, or reply, I can rean the mail. Why can I not just open it??? Also I can send a blank mail with the sync account, but can not seem to be able to send one with an attachmant. Having just played about, I can do all ok on my laptop which is networked to my desktop. Same install etc. Now I am confu...

Create a reusable series of scheduled tasks
When an employee leaves our company, there are a number of things that need to happen, some of which occur on a timeline. For example, they give notice. On the morning of their last day, I disable their alarm code..during the day I setup changes to voicemail and email processing...at end of day I flip the switch on the voicemail and email changes and disable/change usernames/passwords for various systems...at one month I delete their mailbox...etc, etc, you get the idea. I'd like a way to create a workflow or a series of reminders, tasks, whatever...so when, for example, an emplo...

Multiple entries of iexplore in task manager
There are times I have 8 copies of iexplore on the list. When this happens (or even fewer copies sometimes) iexplorer begains to malfunction. I know immediately what the problem is and have to delete most of the copies till the iexplore on the screen begins to function again. I've have used two programs to clean the registry and spyware and anti-phising and anti-virus programs. I cannot find any hooks that in the registry -- Tom tct@usa com http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/multiple-instances-of-iexploreexe-run-when-using-internet-explorer-8/ --- Leonard Grey Errare...

create a outlook task
i am trying to create a daily task, to be sent each day. when i do this it only sends it out for one day and then stops. i have tryed different ways, i actually had it correct but had a problem with outlook and dont remember how to do it anymore. can this be done? ...

Synchronisation hangs during save of synchronisation log.
We're using Exchange Server 2000 with an Outlook 2002 client. When we synchronise the offline folders outlook hangs after it tries to save the synchronisation log (at 50%). Can somebody help please? Thanks in advance! ...

task view changed in to do bar
outlook 2007 froze when i closed it after i made a number of changes to my contacts. when i rebooted and opened outlook, the task view in my to-do bar had changed from the "to-do list" to the "next 7 days" view (which i had customized earlier in the day). i cannot find any way to change the task view that appears in the to-do bar back to the to-do list. i have seen one or 2 posts on other forums where users have reported the same problem, but no resolution. does anyone know of a solution? thanks! Right click on the "Arranged By" column in the To...

Cannon execute exchange tasks
Hell I have just install an Exchange 2003 Server / Windows 2003 Server (both standard in a Vmware environment I have done all the checklist tasks for exchange successfully But now When I try to access the exchange tasks for an Active Directory Use the only option I get is Remove exchange attributes What have I done wrong Thank you "=?Utf-8?B?Q29zdGFzIEdoZXJhbmlvdQ==?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:F429D63A-1174-4180-9F3E-B86AA44A4C6D@microsoft.com: > I have just install an Exchange 2003 Server / Windows 2003 Server > (both standard) in a V...

task assignment
Hi All! I have a scenario in which users of Exchange server wants to assign task to user of sendmail in different company & different domain. When they are assigning tasks to them they are reaching them as e-mail attachment. Is this possible. Absar "Absar" <Absar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a scenario in which users of Exchange server wants to assign task to >user of sendmail in different company & different domain. When they are >assigning tasks to them they are reaching them as e-mail attachment. Is this >possible. Tasks are just m...

Highlight Task in Red
Hi, I was wondering how to highlight a task in RED once the estimated time has been exceeded? Example: Task-A was supposed to take 5 days (40 hours). Now it has been 75 hours. I would like that task to be highlighted in RED to tell me that we have gone over the intial estimated hours. Thanks -JP Save a baseline. Set a Flag1 with a formua iif( [actual Work]>[baseline Work],yes,no) On the format menu, select Bar Styles Set a format where the the "Show For" criteria is Flag1 This changes the color of the gantt bar according to your formua for Flag1 -- ...

Plotting on primary and secondary axes with 'synchronised' y values
Hi All, I'm looking to plot data on primary and secondary axes, sometimes the data is of different types, ie. sales $ and quantity. When however, the data is of like type ie. sales $ and profit $, I'd like to two axesto be synchronised so that they are effectively one axis, with a minimum and maximum common for both primary and secondary axes. When data reverts to being of different types, I'd like the axes to revert back to independently auto. Any ideas ? VB is fine. Thanks, Neil I am not sure what you expect in response. You've described what you want to do. ...

Unable to Create New Task
I am unable to create new task as the option is no longer available. What should I do? Thanks. What version of Outlook? Can you create other items? Is your product activated? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Jeffrey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:874201c4784e$322d2c60$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I am unable to create new task as the option is no longer > available. What should I do? Thanks. Th...

I need reminder box for tasks&flags-but NO box for calendar remind
I know how to turn on/off the reminder sound & notification box under options-advanced options. Is there a way to have the reminder notification box activate for tasks & flags, but have NO reminder bos for calendar appointment reminders? No, you'd need to not set reminders on the calendar appointments. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Task
Is it possible in Outlook 2002 under Outlook Today to sort task by categories? My want is the ability to separate my personal and business task on the outlook today page. J. Paul Lawless ...

task pane #4
I tried the tools-option-view-unckeck startup taks pane in Excel and it still shows up. I also re-saved my file and closed out of excel and upon re-enter the task pane is once again there. Also unchecked the show task pane in Word. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

GAL synchronisation #2
Hello Newsgroup, i have some questions about gal-synchronisation: We have about 10 domains which are also their own forests. domain_a.organsiation.de domain_b.organsiation.de domain_c.organsiation.de ..=2E. domain_j.organsiation.de There are trusts between this domains. All domains have their own exchange organisation. The domains are sharing one SMTP-Namespace "organsiation.de" and also every domain has his own namespace domain_X.organsiation.de At the moment we use Acitve-Directory-Connector in conjunction with "Exchange Site Replication Service" to synchronize the ...

Disappearing Task Pane
I have Excel set to display the Task Pane on start up. However, although it flashes up briefly as the program boots up, it then disappears. I've tried turning it off and on again in Tools, Options, with no success. Any thoughts? I was getting rather used to it, and I generally use the same half dozen Excel files most of the time, so it was rather useful to have them listed. Thanks. Bagheera Try here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826837 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.AND...

show tasks on the calendar
I would like to see tasks on the calendar in both weekly and monthly view -it gives you a sense of those "things to do" items that are coming up. I tried it with due dates and start dates, clicked "show tasks without due dates", clicked show all tasks, consulted Help and my copy of Outlook for dummies. It seems so basic but I HAVN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET IT TO DO IT!!! Related question -why is it that Microsoft software NEVER behaves as you would reasonably expect? -e.g we all write "to do" type items in our paper diarys for certain days -without a fixed time...

Tasks
Hi, I have a user who has quite approx 300 tasks in his folder, some of these tasks have people listed in the Update List, the users are constantly receiving messages saying that the task has been updated, this is really starting to annoy people. The update list of names is greyed out so cannot be altered, where can this be altered from? Thanks, -- Regards, Darryl Please remove NOSPAM from email address to reply to me. ...

Synchronisation
Hi I am new to Entourage (and Mac) I used Windows XP&Vista before with Outlook and I am still using Windows and Outlook in the office. My problem: I am using a PDA with Windows Mobile 6, to have my Agenda and my Contacts list with me, as well as updating the office2home and vice versa. Input to both (Agenda and Contacts) is made both in the office and at home. While using Windows/Outlook I used ActiveSync to synchronise the PDA when it was docked (i.e. Connected by a USB cable either at home or in the office). The same should apply with OSX/Entourage Now, as I am still ...

CRM task button not working???
I can't even open the form in the Personal Forms Library. Is there any way for me to reinstall this form? ...