Synchronising tasks

I have an application that creates tasks on a database
and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part.
The problem is if the user edited or deleted the
outlook tasks, I want the changes to reflect on
tasks saved on the database. Is there any way
to accomplish this?

thanks in advance !

0
Deck

"Deck" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:dvor0i$ni2$1@emma.aioe.org...
>I have an application that creates tasks on a database
> and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part.
> The problem is if the user edited or deleted the
> outlook tasks, I want the changes to reflect on
> tasks saved on the database. Is there any way
> to accomplish this?
>
> thanks in advance !

I think this would be a very good question to ask the people who
developed/support your database application.

0
lanwench (7567)
3/21/2006 3:24:40 PM
You are going to have to capture two events in your application in order
accomplish what you want.  One is the Write event for the item that you are
editing; the Second is the BeforeItemDelete event for the item. Once you
capture those events you will be able to send updates to the database.

regards,
Thaddaeus.

"Deck" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:dvor0i$ni2$1@emma.aioe.org...
>I have an application that creates tasks on a database
> and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part.
> The problem is if the user edited or deleted the
> outlook tasks, I want the changes to reflect on
> tasks saved on the database. Is there any way
> to accomplish this?
>
> thanks in advance !

0
tparker1 (1)
3/21/2006 6:26:06 PM
is there any example i can have a look at ?

thanks

"Thaddaeus Parker" <tparker@microlinkllc.com> wrote in message
> You are going to have to capture two events in your application in order
> accomplish what you want.  One is the Write event for the item that you
> are editing; the Second is the BeforeItemDelete event for the item. Once
> you capture those events you will be able to send updates to the database.
>
> regards,
> Thaddaeus.
>
> "Deck" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:dvor0i$ni2$1@emma.aioe.org...
>>I have an application that creates tasks on a database
>> and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part.
>> The problem is if the user edited or deleted the
>> outlook tasks, I want the changes to reflect on
>> tasks saved on the database. Is there any way
>> to accomplish this?
>>
>> thanks in advance !

0
Deck

Excel instance in Task Manager
I created instance of the Excel.Application as following On Error Resume Next Set objExcel = GetObject (,"Excel.Application") If err.number > 0 then CreateObject("Excel.Application") End if But the problem is that on closing of my VB application, I m terminating the excel instance as follow Set objExcel = Nothing But despite closure of the VB application, the excel instance remains in the Task Manager. After if I open any other work from Explorer or from my VB Application, the workbook dont become visible. Any suggestions... -------------------------------------...

Outlook 2003: How to catch the Delete right-click event in Task List Items.
I would like to catch the delete event in right-click or in the command-toolbar button. Is it possible to catch the event in a VBscript on a custom form? Thanks ...

"The reminder for [Subject] will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Task folder. Is this OK?"
We use Office 2003 and a Small Business Exchange Server, so we can share one calendar. After we converted to the server-based Office from stand-alone, we no longer can include reminders in our calendar appointments. When we try to add a reminder we get an error box that says: "The reminder for [Subject] will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Task folder. Is this OK?" ===== On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 08:46:02 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote: [T]he error is because its not being posted to the default mailbox folders. So you...

After resizing Custom Task Pane "BeforeFolderSwitch" Event handler stopps being called
Hi, a strange behaviour. I Developed a Custom Task Pane and want to be it visible when the user moves to a certain folder. This works fine: private void InitGlobalEvents() { Application.ActiveExplorer().BeforeFolderSwitch += new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ExplorerEvents_10_BeforeFolderSwitchEventHandler(Explorer_BeforeFolderSwitch); } Here is the handler: void Explorer_BeforeFolderSwitch(object NewFolder, ref bool Cancel) { Cancel = false; Outlook.Folder newFolder = (Outlook.Folder)NewFolder; if...

synchronise
Hi . What does Synchronise mean? In Live.Mail context?. i.e. Synchronise New Messages, All Messages etc. Ta J For POP accounts it just means download. For all other types of = accounts, not only are new messages downloaded, but changes you have made locally (such as deleting a message) are uploaded to the server. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Dingbat" <askingmany@questions> wrote in message = news:8FB841B8-0304-46EF-A5A6-078B2BC08392@microsoft.com... > Hi . What does Synchronise...

Message to Task
Hi, If I drag an e-mail message to the Tasks, the message is now attached to the task. If I permanently delete the original message, will the link in the task continue to work? Thanks for any help. If you just drag the message to Tasks with a left click, I believe it creates a task item with text from the message. A right-click and drag to Tasks should give you the options to create a task with text, copy it as an attachment, or move it as an attachment. Either way, that attached item should remain there regardless of what happens to the original. If you give it a try, does it work for...

Tasks reminders in the calendar.
I've allready googled around but it looks to me it's impossible to show tasks reminders (not start and due dates) in the calendar. If this is true is unbeleivable! What the hell of integrated product is this? If we have a calendar that handles reminders, how could MS forget to integrate wherever-generated reminders in the calendar? Outlook 2003 Regards I ve always wanted that feature. It seems that would be a pretty logical/resonable funtion to have.... or... if someone knows how to have tasks appear on the homepage task list as a reminder, as opposed to having the task sitti...

Tasks
Is there a way to print completed tasks by date? Thanks, Shereen ...

Synchronisation of a public task folder with private task folders
Hello to all. Sorry for my english, i am from germany. I have a question that i asked in a few other newsgroups, and nobody seems to know any solution, so i hope i can get some help here. We want to synchronize a task folder in the public folders with the task folders in the mailboxes of 5 users. These users have BlackBerrys and are on the road, and another user stays in the company and should see all states of the tasks of all users in this one public folder. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you very much Greetings, Thorsten Keep an eye on www.diditbetter.com They don't (IIR...

Insufficient Permissions to Create Tasks
Hi, Exchange 5.5, Windows 2000, Outlook 2000. I have a user who is trying to create tasks and he gets a message that says that he does not have permission to do this. He can edit tasks and delete tasks, but not create them. We've run the repair utility, reinstalled, thought that it had to do with the PALM software and removed that, and there has been no change. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks! ...

link to task in email
I have a workflow which checks if the task is open. If it is I send an email to a manager. I have the following in the body of the email. The following Task Status has not changed <a href="http://yoda/Activities/task/edit.aspx?id=&task.activityid;">TASK;</a> I want to have a link in the email to go to the task that is open. When I test it I get a link in the email but it opens a new task instead of going to the task related to the workflow. any suggestions? Thanks, ...

Exporting an Outlook Task List
I am trying to export an Outlook Task list to an Excel file using the Import/Export feature in Outlook. The export does succeed, but only with a limited number of fields. One specific field that I want to export is the 'created' field. However, this field is not available in the field chooser, oddly enough. Does anyone have any ideas about how to add additional fields? thanks, Maximus_max The Created field doesn't export. Quick and dirty workaround:=20 1. Put all the items from your form in one folder.=20 2. Use a table view to display all the data fields that you want to ...

Scheduling one task that is dependent on another
I have a task one has an estimated duration of 60 days. I want it to begin task one 90 days prior to task two and task two cannot proceed until task one is complete. Is there any way to reflect this scenario in project? No. What you have there is a circular reference. Task 2 can't start until Task 1 finishes but Task 1 can't start until before task 2 starts which in turn is dependant on Task 1 which in turn...... What is the constraint? If management or customer say task 2 needs to start on a specific date, then task1 Starts 90d before task 2 starts. This is no probl...

Increase Task Name Display Length in My Tasks
Hi! I have a suggestion for you... The My Assginments view limits the Task Name to displaying 50 characters. That field should not have a limit, or if so, we should be able to change it. Developer tasks are not necessarily that short and making them click on the task to see the full name is not user friendly. This would simplify and streamline the process of reporting hours, not to mention making looking at the view itself, much more user friendly. Thank you for your consideration! Stacey Shearn ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft ...

Synchronisation Errors
Hi There I have this problem in Customer tables... Scenario. Customer A created at store as local customer and account Type as COD with AccountTypeID = 1 ... 401 occurs.... details are uploaded to HQ... when I run reports and SQL quries to view customer details at HQ... Customer A has Account Type Account with AccountTypeID = 2. Would any one be able to help why is this happening and if there is a fix for this. -- Cheers Topi On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:58:06 +0200, Topi <Topi@discussions.microsoft.com= > = wrote: > run reports and SQL quries to view customer details at HQ....

Tasks
Please, can anyone shed some light on what happened ... In Outlook 2000 - yesterday all (1500+) completed tasks changed from completed to "not started" tasks. The assigned tasks sent automatically status reports to who had assigned the task - and sent messages to those who I had assigned tasks to. At one point 169 messages were in my out box. Messages were only sent to those related to tasks - not to my contact list. Many of my preferences were changed, i.e., fonts. We have updated McAffee software and did not find a virus or worm. E-mail: pedptot@comcast.net Thanks f...

tasks #13
when sending tasks the recipent does not get accept or decline buttons Double-click the recipient address before sending to make sure it's marked for rich-text format. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:486701c47364$af54a360$a401280a@phx.gbl... > when sending tasks the recipent does not get accept or > decline buttons ...

Task Number Field Values Disappear on Publishing?
I would like to make use of several task fields (Text, Flag, Number), but on publishing (MS Project Server 2007) the values are set to zeros. I would appreciate any solution or insights with this issue. Leo/North Texas Probably best to repost on the newsgroup dedicated to Project Server: microsoft.public.project.server. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 11/01/10 13:41, ldb wrote: > I would like to make use of several task fields (Text, Flag, Number), > but on publishing (MS Project Server 2007) the values are set to zeros. > > I would appreciate any s...

Task no duration or complete date
How would I track a task to complete if I do not know the duration? TIA! -JS Hi, You can enter Actual Start date, and when it is fnished,the Actual Finish date. No need for duration. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "DevourU" <DevourU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0C6E177-EEA0-4AC5-9BA4-A675000FD342@microsoft.com... > How would I track a task to complete if I do not know the duration? TIA! > > -JS ...

Outlook Tasks and Autosave Dilemma
Outlook has a handy feature where when set it will auto save outlook items every x amount of minutes. The default is 3 minutes. The problem: I create a task, attach a word document and assign it to a staff. They accept it. When they open the task, open the document and leave it open, the task is auto saved every 3 minutes. When this occurs it also sends an update to me, the task creator. Is there a way to leave auto save turned on and not send updates everytime a task auto saves? Cheers - Wayne O So that is the cause.... I've seen several complaints about repeated ...

2008 R2, scheduled task does not behave as expected
Have you tried to create a bat file with xcopy and run this file? Maybe output redirection should be outside the bat-file? If not try to find MTC. Serggry ...

Synchronising outlook over a LAN
All I want to do is to sync my notebook and PC over a lan. I have a PDA and there are hundreds of programs (some free) which can do this easily so, are there any to do the same on a laptop/PC? which is the best? ANY FREE ?? In anticipation........ Hi Roger, have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature for tools to synchronize your info among computers. Thomas Wetzel Outlook synchronization for mobile users www.synchpst.com Thankyou It did dawn on me about the PDA route but in my innocency I thought that after, how many years is it now? Microsoft may have f...

show icon for desktop on the task bar
i have windows 7 vista could you tell me how to do what is given in the subject above? Is office the right forum for such a question if not which is? thank you "Aamir" <Aamir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D50E493E-A484-4139-B16A-789613DEBCCF@microsoft.com... > i have windows 7 vista could you tell me how to do what is given in the > subject above? > > Is office the right forum for such a question if not which is? > > thank you Vista General is the proper place to post this. On your taskbar to the right of the clock ...

template task pane opens when work book opens
I have a check registery template and every time the workbook is opened the help task pane pops up on the right side. The vba code for the work book must be hidden nothing shows up in the VBA project. How can I get the help task pane from opening every time I open the workbook? ...

task solution
I have many tasks that i need to assign to the same people on a recuring basis. we are in an exchagne enviorment. However, in my testing assigned recuring task do not really work. i am wondering if anyone know of an ad-on, that will automaction create and assign tasks, or can i have a task automaticly created when an email is sent? You can schedule a message being sent with the following add-ins http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Schedule-Recurring-Email.asp?Source=RS If you deside to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount or http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/email_scheduler/...