Sync. question for .pst file.

If anyone can help, I would like to sync my .pst file from my office PC to
my laptop.  Now I am using the sync program in Windows 2K and I get the
error that says this type of file is unable to be Synchronized.

I have done this before, I know you can go into the Registry and change what
types of files can and can't be Synchronized.  Can anyone tell me where that
setting is.  It's been a while since I had to do this and I completely
forgot.

P.S.

Running Win 2K and Office 2003.

Maybe this is a simple question
Hi all, I would like to know how to achieve the following task. If A1 cell is Y, and I would like to set B1 as 0. If A2 cell is N, and I would like to set B2 as 1. A1=Y, And then I want to set B1 as 0. A2=N, And then I want to set B2 as 1. Thanks in advance, newbie On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 20:32:51 +0800, "www" <wombat_chan@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I would like to know how to achieve the following task. > >If A1 cell is Y, and I would like to set B1 as 0. >If A2 cell is N, and I would like to set B2 as 1. > > >A1=Y, And then I want to set B...

Combining VISIO files with mail merged Word document
I am trying to create a composite document that has four pages. The first page is a VISIO (2003 Professional) file that contains several pictures and a converted AutoCAD (R14) drawing file. The following three pages are a Word merged file created from an Access database. I would like to be able to have a combined file for for hard copy reproduction. This particular document has 220 reports that all have the same basic format. I have tried exporting various file types (tif, jpg, wmf, bmp, etc.) from VISIO, then inserting into Word as picture or object and most are unacceptable quali...

Outlook pst break up?
Hello, Is there any sort of automated PST Break up scripts, etc that anyone knows of for outlook? I sometimes get multiple issues at the same time where its just the pst needs to be broken down. I would rather have a script to do these save break the sub folders up in alphabetical order into pst's. anyone see anything like this? I remeber awhile ago seeing this somewhere but not sure where.. This way I can work on more technical issues besides spending time at a desktop breaking a PST when I could set it automatically to break up and come back to a finished PST then just pop them onto ...

Outlook Creating Sync Problem Folders.....HELP
When Outlook 2003 perform the send/receive action. My mail comes in/out, however a box pops up showing there was an error. This error then goes into a sync folder as an email. I DID NOT create this folder. If I delete the sync folder, it re-creates itself. Any ideas on how to stop this madness? The sync folder is a system folder that Outlook needs and uses. Would probably be better to address the error, rather than merely trying to hide the reporting mechanism, no? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforl...

POS Sync After Every Z Report
Hi All~ I'm wondering if it's the expected behavior to have a POS on another station sync every time a Z report is ran? Should the database sync every time? I thought only when the POS was in offline status. I don't believe the POS is offline everyday, but everyday when we take a Z report, the database syncs with the POS with the database. Is this expected? Hi Jerry, It syncs every z because there may be changes to the items, taxes and other databases. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0411161303.32f35868@posting.googl...

Excel updating from XML file
I'm having a littl edifficulty getting Excel to dynamically update from an XML file. The XML file is generated from a program and I would like the Excel file to dynamically update. Problem is that the location of the XML and Excel file can change, that is they can be anywhere on a hard drive but both are in the same directory. The mapping of the XML file in Excel appears to be a complete file path C:/data/report/.... but the location could change. They could be in C:/data/report/run1 or run2, I don't want to have to re-map each time a report is generated. Ideally I would like t...

W2003 debugging question
Hi guys I've had a few unexpected shutdowns of my Windows 2003 SP2 servers I've analysed the minidumps and the output is "Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+7c4a0 )" Any ideas what this may mean :>) Thanks Hector ...

Remote sync
Is there a software out there that I can use to either remote sync my Outlook contact and calendar from my office to my home pc, or remotely update the calendar to my home pc without connecting to an exchange server. I have a standalone desktop running xp and connecting to a cable modem at home and I want to update my outlook calendar and contact from the office(T1 line). I will buy any device that will do the job. Ipaq, Palm or AT&T blackberry 7210 or anything works. If there is no software to do this, is it possible to do it with any other solution. Any suggestion will be very greatly a...

.CSV File into .XLS file
I received a file that is saved as a .CSV format. How would I change this into the .XLS (normal Excel) format without having all the data jumbled up? "acyakos" <acyakos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB45C4DC-677A-49E4-8E01-4B51C437AFF8@microsoft.com... > I received a file that is saved as a .CSV format. How would I change this > into the .XLS (normal Excel) format without having all the data jumbled up? How is the data jumbled up? Excel can open csv files. /Fredrik acyakos wrote: > I received a file that is saved as a .CSV format. How woul...

OneNote sync no linger syncs
I have oneNote 2007 installed on Laptop with Windows Vista. It has been syncing with my Pocket PC but it no longer does. Updates on either device are not carried to the other. I have uninstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC with no effect. What should I do? Thanks ....and I assume you REinstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC? What OS is the Pocket PC running? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazo...

Another VS 2005 question
Thank you for all the comments you gave me on the question on upgrading from VS 6 to VS 2005. I downloaded VS 2005 Express and started playing.... However, an application created with VS 2005 (on a Vista machine) runs fine on that machine, but does not run on another machine (happens to have XP). An error message pops up about something wrong with the application settings. Any ideas? I searched Google and it seems that this problem is somewhat common, but I don't know what to do about it. Thanks, Harald Could you list the error message? Perhaps a DLL is missing from the other ...

ATTxxx.dat files
Hi, my father in law is receiving mails in his non-outlook mail client with ATTxxx.dat files with the xxx being other digits. The mails are send from an Outlook client. The mail header is referring to another attachment, a bigger file. From what I've read on the net Outlook splits up the bigger files into the .dat files and re-assemblies them when receiving. But since this is a non-Outlook client it doens't reassemblies them! I also read something about rich text so this wouldn't happen but my question is ... is there a way to reassemblie the files manual ? Grtz, Michel ...

Help file javascript link
I have a issue here, when you open excel without assistant and you browse around the help file, you will see a word that is underlined that will give you a javascript describtion about that word. My excel help box doesn't do that, is there a way to click on that link and it will show you a java box of what that word means? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Advanced Find Question 01-24-07
Greetings! I am trying to figure out if this is possible to do with an Advanced Find. Creating a view of all contacts in a city that haven't been contacted in a while...which field should I use for the second condition? By contacted they mean history items. Is there a way to create an Advanced Find to look for contacts that have not been contacted in 180 days? Any assistance is extremely appreciated. Jack Bender Hi Jack I'm not sure that it's terribly easy without doing some customisation. If that's an option, you could: - create a new date field on the...

macro to create file name
I am trying to create a macro that takes the names of all the counties (Colorado) from cells a2:a65, merges the county name with text in cell b1 to create a filename. I.e., the first county in the list (cell A2) is Adams. I want to take the county name, merge it with "County Report" from cell B1 and put it in B2, then go to cell A3, get that county name, merge it with B1 and paste that into B3, and so forth. I have it going through the county list, but I can't get it to paste the merged name into the appropriate cell. Can somneone help me with this next step? TIA Hi Dave: B1: ...

Outlook 2003 Question #5
Could someone please tell me if it is possible to export the email address from outlook. I do not mean contacts, I mean when you start typing in an address and it apears in the to field even though you dont have the address in the contacts folder? I hope this makes sence...... Thanks in advance -- www.sg-consultancy.co.uk There is no address book in Outlook. All contact data is stored in Contacts Folders You are referring to the autocompletion cache, which is stored as a separate file with an NK2 extension. You can copy and transfer that file: http://www.ingressor.com/autocompletet...

Question about (gains/losses) in the Portfolio Manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C592D6.C3A0A930 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On July 17, I bought 0.3808 shares of Vanguard Viper at 120.79. As of = today, the stock prices is 122.01 yet under the gain column it lists = (3.54). How is this possible? Am I just to knew to the stock market, = that I am not understanding some principal? By my calculation, my stock = purchase gain should be should be .46 cents. Thanks in Advance. =20 --=20 Denny Browne ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C5...

question about order of events
I have an app that displays a bitmap on the screen. In my initialupdate method, I load the bitmap and attach it and in my ondraw I draw the bitmap. After the app starts and the initial draw is completed for the first time, I need to pop up a dialog box and prompt the user for some information. Is there a method in the document class that I can do this in and have it fired automatically after the initialupdate method? news.microsoft.com wrote: > I have an app that displays a bitmap on the screen. In my initialupdate > method, I load the bitmap and attach it and in my ondraw I ...

Partial working VBE help file
Excel 2000 When I'm in the VBE, position the cursor and press F1, the help files loads but all the links at the top of the window are the default html 'missing' icon. Any thoughts on getting the links back? ...

Outlook not syncing correctly
Hi Friday I had a nasty disk failure of a server which services a small network, it has only about 5 users. It's the only server in the AD, running as DC ofcourse, W2003 Sp1, Exchange 2003 Sp2. The disk was dead as dead can be. So the disaster recovery plan kicks in... yeah right. Last good tape turned out to be from august 15th 2005. Don't get me started on why. I put in a new disk, installed W2003 SP1 eval edition (only cd arround), restored from tape the c-drive, system state and exchange. After a few reboots solving minor issues about WMI etc, I started checking my mailboxes. Wit...

Send SNP file
How can I send a SNP file to a my aaa folder on my c drive. Here is what I have so far. Thanks. DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "123report", acFormatSNP, c:\aaa SendObject is for e-mail only. You want the OutputTo: DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, "123report", "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)", "c:\aaa", False, "", 0 rml wrote: >How can I send a SNP file to a my aaa folder on my c drive. Here is what I >have so far. Thanks. > >DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "123report", acFormatSNP, c:\aaa -- Message posted via AccessMonster...

Report Writer Question #3
A customer of mine gets the following error message when they try to print a modified report on one of their computers. Unhandled Script exception Illegal address for field 'IsPrinting' in script 'PrintReport'.Script Terminated. Any Thoughts? Did this just start out of the blue or has a recent upgrade, server move, or service pack install been done? Are you sharing the same Reports.dic, does it run OK if you are using the non-modified report? Have you tried creating a new reports dictionary and then importing the report back in? Does it happen for each user from any...

Format Question Please
I'm a rookie so please excuse a simple question. How can I format an Excel 2000 cell so negative numbers show in red? Thanks... Bill Actually, it's in the choices. right click cell>format>numbers>select -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "WILLIAM DAVIS" <davisw@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:DFlDd.839$c13.5@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > I'm a rookie so please excuse a simple question. How can I format an Excel > 2000 cell so negative numbers show in red? > > Thanks... Bill > > Thanks Don ...

How do I open multiple PST files in one go?
Hi, I have multiple PST files saved as Dec 09, Nov 09 so on and so forth. I want to open all the files in one go instead of doing the following process a dozen time for the dozen or so files run outlook --> file --> open --> open data file --> browse to the location (multiple clicks) --> click on the archived pst file i want to open Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone has an excellent weekend *smile* Zeeshan wrote: > I have multiple PST files saved as Dec 09, Nov 09 so on and so forth. I want > to open all the files in one go instead...

error opening excel file #2
hi! i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do you want to continue loading the project?" i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error log is being created" what happen to the excel file? the excel file is only 2.6Mb Hi jp- Without a lot more detail, one can only guess, but here are a couple of ideas. 1) The file may be damaged or corrupted in some way. Pe...