Sync of private data

I'm a long time user of Outlook and it's the primary tool I use to
keep organized.  I keep personal and business appointments, contacts
and tasks in Outlook and I sync that data with my BlackBerry.
Currently, my company does not use a company calendar, but we may
start using Exchange.  If so, I would like to prevent private data
from being synced with Exchange.

Specifically, I'm OK with the "private" functionality for contacts and
tasks.  But for appointments, I'd like to be able to:
- share the appointment normally, such as a business appointment
- show the time as blocked, but without details, this is the "private"
functionality
- not have it show up in exchange at all.

I've considered a separate calendar in Outlook, but I'm not sure what
would happen in terms of reminders and the BlackBerry sync.  The
Exchange server will likely be 2003.  I'm using Office 2003, but would
consider an upgrade to 2007 if it helps solve the problem.  I use the
Desktop Manager software that came with the BlackBerry, but would
consider a third party tool (if one exists) that will help address
this issue.

What options do I have?

Thanks

0
news1402 (1)

Converting Data from Access97 to 2002
Is there a way to convert Access data from 97 to 2002? Or is it too far a conversion? Thanks. Hi Sawanee, The data shouldn't be a problem at all. Access 2002 can open Access 97 files, and conversion is just a matter of using Tools|Database Utilities|Convert Database. If the database also contains forms, reports, VBA modules etc. the conversion usually works smoothly but there can be complications. If you need to share data between Access 2002 and Access 97, split the database in Access 97 so that all the tables are in the back end file. Leave this in Access 97 format. On the Access...

Modify data on a hidden sheet?
Some of my sheets have been marked as "xlVeryHidden". These sheets contain data that I do not want users to be able to modify. If a user knows the codename or tab name of any of these hidden sheets, could they actually be able to modify data on that sheet in any way?? Can they enter a formula onto a visible sheet that references a hidden sheet to change the data?? thank you! Formulas on a visible sheet cannot alter anything on another sheet or anywhere for that matter. Formulas return values to the cell in which they are written. Back to first question.........

Outlook Creating Sync Problem Folders.....HELP
When Outlook 2003 perform the send/receive action. My mail comes in/out, however a box pops up showing there was an error. This error then goes into a sync folder as an email. I DID NOT create this folder. If I delete the sync folder, it re-creates itself. Any ideas on how to stop this madness? The sync folder is a system folder that Outlook needs and uses. Would probably be better to address the error, rather than merely trying to hide the reporting mechanism, no? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforl...

POS Sync After Every Z Report
Hi All~ I'm wondering if it's the expected behavior to have a POS on another station sync every time a Z report is ran? Should the database sync every time? I thought only when the POS was in offline status. I don't believe the POS is offline everyday, but everyday when we take a Z report, the database syncs with the POS with the database. Is this expected? Hi Jerry, It syncs every z because there may be changes to the items, taxes and other databases. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0411161303.32f35868@posting.googl...

Automatically moving data #3
I got noting but zeros.. :confused: 0 =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10=$A$1)*(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$10=B2)*(Sheet1!$C$1:$C$10="fries"),Sheet1!$D$1:$D$10) 0 =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10=$A$1)*(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$10=B3)*(Sheet1!$C$1:$C$10="fries"),Sheet1!$D$1:$D$10) 0 =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10=$A$1)*(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$10=B4)*(Sheet1!$C$1:$C$10="fries"),Sheet1!$D$1:$D$10) 0 =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10=$A$1)*(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$10=B5)*(Sheet1!$C$1:$C$10="fries"),Sheet1!$D$1:$D$10) 0 =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10=$A$7)*(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$10=B8)*(Sh...

Column chart
I'm developing a chart for a client who has very specific requirements. The data is of the following type of info: Q1 2009 Q2 2009 Q3 2009 Q4 2009 YTD 2009 Alpha 3.3% 53.3% 18.8% 9.5% 105.8% Bravo -0.2% 12.2% 19.7% -22.5% 3.9% Charlie 106.6% 125.6% 2.3% -1.5% 368.4% Delta -8.3% 1.4% 0.9% 0.8% -8.1% I need to lay out the chart with the Y-axis being the % and the X-axis being the Quarters, etc. So far so good - I can do that. ...

restoring pst but it has missing data?
I changed my motherboard so had to reload Outlook 2007. On selecting original pst file I do have the last incoming emails but sent emails are missing as are all of my contacts. What did I do wrong? regards, Hard to know what you did wrong because we don't know what you did. Apparently you either selected the wrong data file or connected to it incorrectly. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uOB4PPkfJHA.4868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I changed my motherboard so had to reload Outlook 2007. On selecting >ori...

Hiow to get all data in one column ?
I have data in 248 columns in excel, want to come in one comlumn, on below the other. is it possible ? Thanks/... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You'll need some VB Code for this. If you are mildly confident in VB then I suggest going to the 'programming' excel newsgroup, otherwise it is difficult... >-----Original Message----- >I have data in 248 columns in excel, want to come in one comlumn, one >below the other. is it possible ? > >Thanks/.... > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > Hi, Se...

Remote sync
Is there a software out there that I can use to either remote sync my Outlook contact and calendar from my office to my home pc, or remotely update the calendar to my home pc without connecting to an exchange server. I have a standalone desktop running xp and connecting to a cable modem at home and I want to update my outlook calendar and contact from the office(T1 line). I will buy any device that will do the job. Ipaq, Palm or AT&T blackberry 7210 or anything works. If there is no software to do this, is it possible to do it with any other solution. Any suggestion will be very greatly a...

Data/Validation #2
Many thanks Frank, works perfectly. Kind regards And -- Andy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AndyR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1520 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26837 ...

Including data in data table but not charting as a series or point
I need to chart monthly totals including YTD. When I include YTD in the data table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or point. How can I see the YTD totals in the data table but NOT include it in the charting of my other monthly totals from the data table? Hi: One option is to can make the data series for YTD invisible by choosing the same colours for the data as for the background. HTH, Henk "pepper76" wrote: > I need to chart monthly totals including YTD. When I include YTD in the data > table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or...

Help needed for sorting the data and plotting graph
Hi All, I am a newbie to the excel world. I have requirement of analysing some data that I will obtain from symbian profiler. I will be having a .txt file with values seperated with tabs so that it can be directly open in excel. In that I have around 25 colums, first being sample interval and rest are having data. My requirement is to plot a graph against the sample interval with data from 2 colums. I can specify the column name for plotting purpose. Once I plot the graph I should be able to calculate the average value of one series for those interval in which the other plotted series is cross...

Help, Transferring XML data under SSL
I need some advice on how to securely transfer data between two servers. Here is the situation. We have two sql servers that hold student data. I have full access to my sql server, but only write access to the main sql server on campus. I hope to use XML and SSL to transfer student data to the main server. As for generating the XML, I'll have an asp.net page set up in a secure directory that will generate the data in xml format. The data people will access this page and get the xml file with all the data. What's the best way to turn a sql server table into XML format? W...

OneNote sync no linger syncs
I have oneNote 2007 installed on Laptop with Windows Vista. It has been syncing with my Pocket PC but it no longer does. Updates on either device are not carried to the other. I have uninstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC with no effect. What should I do? Thanks ....and I assume you REinstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC? What OS is the Pocket PC running? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazo...

Separating data #2
I am trying to take 2 rows in Excel and put them into 1 row, spreadin across 3 columns. For example: Currently looks like this: column A row 1: Watch row 2: $5.00 July 10th I would like to make it look like this: column A column B column C row 1: Watch $5.00 July 10th Thanks in advance, Da -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following formulas on your second sheet A1: =OFFSET('sheet1'!$A$1,(ROW()-1)*2,0) B1: =OFFSET('sheet1'!$A$2,(ROW()-1)*2,COLUMN()-2) and copy to the right afterwards ...

Change Data of CHtmlView

Outlook not syncing correctly
Hi Friday I had a nasty disk failure of a server which services a small network, it has only about 5 users. It's the only server in the AD, running as DC ofcourse, W2003 Sp1, Exchange 2003 Sp2. The disk was dead as dead can be. So the disaster recovery plan kicks in... yeah right. Last good tape turned out to be from august 15th 2005. Don't get me started on why. I put in a new disk, installed W2003 SP1 eval edition (only cd arround), restored from tape the c-drive, system state and exchange. After a few reboots solving minor issues about WMI etc, I started checking my mailboxes. Wit...

how do i make a chart with two seperate lines of data?
hi i have a historical sales chart from Mar 2003 to present that i'm trying to graph. however, excel is making me keep the data in one straight line if i try to seperate it into two rows, it adds another bit to the chart how do i graph sales using two seperate lines of data? Hi, This is best done in 2 steps. Create the chart with the first set of data. Then use the Source Data dialog to reselect the 2 data ranges, using the CTRL key to select the 2 separate ranges. So for data that is in the range A1:E1 continued in A2:E2 you would end up with a series formula like this, =SERIE...

plotting certain x points from a large data group
Is there a function or method to plot say every 8th point in the x data (time stamp) column with many other columns of data that is to be plotted to the y axis per the x (time stamp) data points.. You can extract every 8th cell into a different (contiguous) range, and use that secondary range as the data source for your graph. If your data is in column A starting with A2 (allowing for headers), and you want to get A2, A10, A18 etc in sucessive cells in column D, then put this in D2: =3DINDEX(A:A,(ROW(A1)-1)*8+2) then copy down as required. You can have a similar formula in colu...

sync
I have the hebrew calendar enabled as the alternate calendar in my outlook2003. I have the latest version of Active Sync. I am able to sync the normal english calendar but i cannot sync the hebrew calendar. Can some body guide me? Thanks AN AN wrote: > I have the hebrew calendar enabled as the alternate calendar in my > outlook2003. I have the latest version of Active Sync. I am able to > sync the normal english calendar but i cannot sync the hebrew > calendar. Can some body guide me? > > Thanks > > AN Hi - might want to post in a PocketPC / Activesync group f...

Change data Series from a bar to a line after changing axis
I have a two y axis bar line pivot chart. The default put the data on the wrong axises. I changed them to the proper axis, but how do I change them from a bar to a line and vise versa? (right now the data I want as a bar is a line and the data I want as a line is a bar) You can select a series, then go to Chart menu > Chart Type, and select a type that will be applied just to the selected series. Next time, instead of using the inflexible built-in custom types, make your own custom type. Make the chart as a column chart with all series, then using the technique above change the o...

DATA VALIDATION #6
data in column B is of 9 or 10 or 11 or 12 digit. In every case it contains alphabet "P" whereas others are digit. e.g. 10P060509 125P695847 how can i check this through data validation? HI aditya, > data in column B is of 9 or 10 or 11 or 12 digit. > In every case it contains alphabet "P" whereas others are digit. > e.g. 10P060509 > 125P695847 > > how can i check this through data validation? > Use a custom validation formula like; =AND(LEN(B1)>8,LEN(B1)<13,ISNUMBER(FIND("P",B1)),NOT(ISERROR(VALUE(IF(LEN(B1)=FIND(&...

Data Summary
Hello All, I have the following data table in excel. Qty Product Part1 Part2 Part3 Part4 10 a1 a x e f 10 a2 a y e g 10 a3 b x e h 20 a4 m p e u 50 a5 n q e i 60 x2 a x e t The Qty mentioned is common for product,part1,part2,part3,part4 in a row. Now i would like to have an automated summary in a different sheet as below > Part1 Qty Part2 Qty Part3 Qty Part4 Qty > a 80 x 80 e 160 f 10 > b 10 y 10 g 10 > m 20 p 20 h 10 > n 50 q 50 u 20 > i 50 > t 60 How do I do it? Regards, Jimmy...

Automate sync deactivating
We've got about 40,000 contacts in our CRM 3.0 implementation with about 30 owners. We would like to disable the syncing of contacts and the removal of the CRM-sourced contacts in Outlook in an automated fashion. Is there a way to do this? We could go around to all of the workstations, but would prefer a script or something to handle it. I tried playing around with the SyncContact registry setting in the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient key, but it didn't seem to have an effect. Also, to prevent these from happening in the future, can the installs be set to default with ...

Bills Summary out of Sync with MSN Bill Pay
I am currently using Money 2006 Deluxe. I am currently using MSN Bill Pay as my online bill pay service. I have noticed over the last few months of using Money 2006 (and this happened with 2005, though not as frequently) that the Bills Summary gets out of sync with my MSN Bill Pay. Basically, it will show bills due in February of 2006 when they are due in October 2005. It throws off the cash flow since the cash flow uses the data from the Bills Summary. I can check the settings in MSN Bill Pay and the payment dates are correct. The only way to "fix" this problem is to re-...