Sync of .OST to server does not match?

We have multiple users that have this issue:  Exchange 5.5 sp4 with Outlook
2002 SP2.  When the user select to sync, it completes without errors but
then if you compare the messages count for the online folder and the offline
folder - they do not match.  This is true for folders such as inbox/sent.
I have started outlook in offline mode and forced a synchronization - this
did not fix it.  Also verified that there are no filters set on the sync
setup.

In one instance, I have deleted the .ost and created a new one.  After a
while, the message count again does not match.

Any suggestions on where I should look would be greatly appreciated.

Problem delivering mail from iis smtp server.
I'm not sure if this is the right group to post this, but I will give it a shot. I have a Virtual SMTP server under iis. The default domain I will use is web.example.com. I setup an email client to test the delivery and configuration. I can connect and send email to remote domains (user@gmail.com). When I try and send an email to user@web.example.com the message seems to be delivered without error. My assumption is that it actually gets to our exchange server as this is what I see in the log file. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = the ip of the sending machine (internal network) yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy = t...

Outlook Creating Sync Problem Folders.....HELP
When Outlook 2003 perform the send/receive action. My mail comes in/out, however a box pops up showing there was an error. This error then goes into a sync folder as an email. I DID NOT create this folder. If I delete the sync folder, it re-creates itself. Any ideas on how to stop this madness? The sync folder is a system folder that Outlook needs and uses. Would probably be better to address the error, rather than merely trying to hide the reporting mechanism, no? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforl...

Partial Text Match then enter desired result into appropriate colu
I have a list of company names in Column A. On a separate tab I have a list of keywords. What I'd like to do is to have a search done on the names in column A and if any of the keywords on the separate tab match for it to then put in the company type into column B. Example of a company name in column A: Get Things Done Construction Company Keyword on separate tab: "construction: Need the formula to return "construction" to Column B. Thanks in Advance for any insight on this one! Look in the help index for VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett Microsoft MV...

Configure your firewall to forward SMTP messages to the new server
When retiring an old exchanger server, after moving the FSMO roles and rehoming the public folders and offline address book, is it necessary to set the new server as the default SMPT server prior to changing the firewall or will it automatically accept the messages? There are 2 things that typically happen on most firewalls: 1. A static network address translation (NAT) that maps the server's internal/private IP address to an external/public IP address 2. ACL/rule that allows traffic on a particular port - tcp port 25 in this case for smtp - to that server. You can either change the...

Server crashed!
Do a good deed, and help a newbie! Last night my windows xp crashed, and after installing windows in another directory, I would like to recover my email from my old 'Documents and Settings'. But where's the file? I didn't use a PST file, just standard outlook setup. Hope you can help! Thanks in advance, Bassa B Bassa B <nope@dope.com> wrote: > Last night my windows xp crashed, and after installing windows in > another directory, I would like to recover my email from my old > 'Documents and Settings'. But where's the file? It can be anywhere...

POS Sync After Every Z Report
Hi All~ I'm wondering if it's the expected behavior to have a POS on another station sync every time a Z report is ran? Should the database sync every time? I thought only when the POS was in offline status. I don't believe the POS is offline everyday, but everyday when we take a Z report, the database syncs with the POS with the database. Is this expected? Hi Jerry, It syncs every z because there may be changes to the items, taxes and other databases. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0411161303.32f35868@posting.googl...

Installing new exchange server to replace
Hi, I've installed a new win2k3 R2 server on my network, dcpromo'ed it and have installed exchange w2k3. I plan to move all the mailboxes over from my "old" exchange 2k3 server to the "new" - and decommision the old server. My concern is that all of the Outlook profiles on the client machines reference the old server name. Will I have to change the profiles on every client PC? Or can someone recommend a better method to achieve this? (Maybe renaming the new server to the old server's name???) TIA for any help, H If you can leave the old server up for a ...

Remote sync
Is there a software out there that I can use to either remote sync my Outlook contact and calendar from my office to my home pc, or remotely update the calendar to my home pc without connecting to an exchange server. I have a standalone desktop running xp and connecting to a cable modem at home and I want to update my outlook calendar and contact from the office(T1 line). I will buy any device that will do the job. Ipaq, Palm or AT&T blackberry 7210 or anything works. If there is no software to do this, is it possible to do it with any other solution. Any suggestion will be very greatly a...

OneNote sync no linger syncs
I have oneNote 2007 installed on Laptop with Windows Vista. It has been syncing with my Pocket PC but it no longer does. Updates on either device are not carried to the other. I have uninstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC with no effect. What should I do? Thanks ....and I assume you REinstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC? What OS is the Pocket PC running? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazo...

Unable to connect to online quote server... AGAIN!
I can't get quotes again this morning. Anybody else? Just opened Money...same here. Only happens when the markets up. <g.m.cox.mail@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fbe1ee53-01df-4e30-88b4-58c8c1146c33@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I can't get quotes again this morning. Anybody else? I also have been having trouble connecting!! <g.m.cox.mail@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fbe1ee53-01df-4e30-88b4-58c8c1146c33@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I can't get quotes again this morning. Anybody else? What version of Money? Or is this directly on the MSN ...

Connecting to Sql Server
I have been using Named Pipes to connect to our SQL server for almost a year now. Sporadically, connection to the database is dropped, I have checked cabling, UPS, switch, disconnected every piece of POS hardware it is still will occur every great once in a while. It usually occurs when trying to get the date and time, however I have seen it happen immediatedly after scanning an item too, and a slightly differerent error occurs. Mainly I wonder if changing to a TCP/IP connection would help. I have been unable to get a connection to form between the server and a client this way. T...

Outlook not syncing correctly
Hi Friday I had a nasty disk failure of a server which services a small network, it has only about 5 users. It's the only server in the AD, running as DC ofcourse, W2003 Sp1, Exchange 2003 Sp2. The disk was dead as dead can be. So the disaster recovery plan kicks in... yeah right. Last good tape turned out to be from august 15th 2005. Don't get me started on why. I put in a new disk, installed W2003 SP1 eval edition (only cd arround), restored from tape the c-drive, system state and exchange. After a few reboots solving minor issues about WMI etc, I started checking my mailboxes. Wit...

Public folder replication to external IMAP server
Hi Group 2 Questions: 1. Can an IMAP folder on an external server be seen in an Exchange environment as a public folder (kind of like how newsgroups in exchange work)? or 2. Can an exchange public folder automatically and regularly send its contents to an external IMAP server? Thanks, George You may want to have a look at this article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q169915 "George M" <NA> wrote in message news:40c51a99@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi Group > > 2 Questions: > > 1. Can an IMAP folder on an external server be seen in a...

sync
I have the hebrew calendar enabled as the alternate calendar in my outlook2003. I have the latest version of Active Sync. I am able to sync the normal english calendar but i cannot sync the hebrew calendar. Can some body guide me? Thanks AN AN wrote: > I have the hebrew calendar enabled as the alternate calendar in my > outlook2003. I have the latest version of Active Sync. I am able to > sync the normal english calendar but i cannot sync the hebrew > calendar. Can some body guide me? > > Thanks > > AN Hi - might want to post in a PocketPC / Activesync group f...

Cannot see resources in project server
i can see the projects but i cannot see the resources. It helps if you specify what version of Project Server are you on? Also, are you sure there are resources in your project server environment? Are they assigned to tasks in your published projects. If you still cannot see them then either your resource center views are not enabled for your security group and category under Server Settings>Manage Users or Manage Groups or you permissions do not allow you to view resource information. Are you supposed to be the administrator? Jonathan "Alaa Yehia" <Ala...

matching a field from two table
Hi there Hope you guys can help me, for this conditions; From "referrence" database i have a numbers which have a range and need to match to result database i can call "to match" table to get the real conditions. For example, from referrence database i have 5429150&-4(number (from 0 to 4) and from "to match" table the filed is 5429152,. Logically it will not match,, But still have other's way to do. -tq for your help -- Cheers Mohsin Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 Mohsin ...

Changing Exchange Server??
Hello, We have an old p2 512mb ram server running Exchange 2003 Std; and it's getting killed. The boss just pulled the trigger on a nice new XEON box w/ 2 gigs ram. My question is this: I want to move Exchange to this new server and remove it from the old one as it will be recommissioned for a new purpose, which was the only way I could sell it. How do I acheive this result? Hi, Here is the documentation to move exchange to the new server with the same name: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q155216 If it was to critical for your new server to have the ...

Bills Summary out of Sync with MSN Bill Pay
I am currently using Money 2006 Deluxe. I am currently using MSN Bill Pay as my online bill pay service. I have noticed over the last few months of using Money 2006 (and this happened with 2005, though not as frequently) that the Bills Summary gets out of sync with my MSN Bill Pay. Basically, it will show bills due in February of 2006 when they are due in October 2005. It throws off the cash flow since the cash flow uses the data from the Bills Summary. I can check the settings in MSN Bill Pay and the payment dates are correct. The only way to "fix" this problem is to re-...

Forward to outside domain exchange server
Hi all, Is this possible? We are acquiring a company. We would like to have their MX record point to our Exchange box. Emails going to this company's email will hit our Exchange box and get forwarded to their mail server. We are also creating new email addresses for these users. Any emails going to these addresses will stay on our Exchange servers. Any ideas? Thanks, On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 16:01:27 -0800, Donald <Donald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Is this possible? We are acquiring a company. We would like to have their >MX record point to...

Replicating Exchange Servers
Hey all, I have an Exchange 2003 server, which is also my AD server. We recently got a new server which is currently acting as the backup domain controller. I'd like (if possible) to replicate Exchange too, so that I have a backup exchange server, but I have no idea if this is possible. If so, how? If not - well, can you suggest the best way to get all of the mailboxes and the stores onto the new server? Any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm enjoying learning this stuff, but it's quite a steep learning curve. TIA, DSt. It's not possible to replicate servers (at least ...

Automate sync deactivating
We've got about 40,000 contacts in our CRM 3.0 implementation with about 30 owners. We would like to disable the syncing of contacts and the removal of the CRM-sourced contacts in Outlook in an automated fashion. Is there a way to do this? We could go around to all of the workstations, but would prefer a script or something to handle it. I tried playing around with the SyncContact registry setting in the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient key, but it didn't seem to have an effect. Also, to prevent these from happening in the future, can the installs be set to default with ...

Sync to Iphone
Anyone know of any apps that enable one to sync tasks to my iphone / ipod touch. Do you recommend it? "les" <lester12345@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f0661183-36c5-4381-8caa-18bf4a0a6e30@z10g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone know of any apps that enable one to sync tasks to my iphone / > ipod touch. Do you recommend it? The world would be a better place if Microsoft and Apple just got along. In article <f0661183-36c5-4381-8caa-18bf4a0a6e30 @z10g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>, lester12345@gmail.com says... > > Anyone know of any apps that...

Covert to Outlook 2003 ost to pst
Hi all, Is this possible to do with any free downloadable applications from the Internet? The old Ost to pst software does not work on Outlook 2003. ...

MSCRM 3.0 with Microsoft Project Server 2003
Can someone explain to me how and in what way MS Project Server can be integrated with MSCRM 3.0? One way would be to use IFRAMES in crm forms to point to the pages and interface for project server. In addition you could have CRM automatically create a project when an opportunity is won for example. I have not heard of anything creating an integration but as you can see there are many ways to do it from simply displaying a Gantt chart in CRM to actually creating projects when records are created in Microsoft CRM ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http...

Bank Of America Credit Card
Damn it! Microsoft, whats going on here!!!! If I add my Bank Of America credit card account via MS it synchronizes the account and all is well. If I then sync Money 2005 it sees the acocunt and adds it. If I try to sync money 2005, it says that there is no provider available for my BoafA credit card. But! If I go back online I can do it via money. Now for the really annoying part.. Eventually, Money 2005 disables the online sync and the next time I sign on MSN its disabled here as well. This is clearly a problem with 2005 because I had no problems with 2004. Brian, here's the possi...