Symantec WinFax Pro

a client of mine has Symantec AV installed. and when she trys to get
to the company website it comes up with with this Symantec WinFax Pro
error.  We have nothing installed that has to do with winfax including
no printers, services, faxes, or registry entries.  But yet anytime we
go to launch the website it gives this error then freezes and the only
option is to restart.  Any suggestions?

<n.stephens.2005@gmail.com> wrote in message
>a client of mine has Symantec AV installed. and when she trys to get
> to the company website it comes up with with this Symantec WinFax Pro
> error.  We have nothing installed that has to do with winfax including
> no printers, services, faxes, or registry entries.  But yet anytime we
> go to launch the website it gives this error then freezes and the only
> option is to restart.  Any suggestions?

If you're actually seeing this in reference to Outlook - I have seen this,
but the problem had nothing at all to do with WinFax, which had never been
installed on that machine.   The real problem was that the user's PST file
was much too large and was corrupting the Outlook Profile, causing Outlook
to crash in strange ways and present erroneous error messages.

Plus, the user had been set up to never, ever remove mail from the server -
and she gets a lot of large emails, so setting up a new profile just
re-created the problem as the messages were all re-downloaded and the
profile corrupted,  and since Outlook crashed during the download it didn't
ever get to the point of deleting the email from the server.

It was necessary to delete the mail from the server, which took some hours.
IIRC I first used the mail server's web interface to get rid of the largest
attachments, then used Outlook Express to download the rest, periodically
interrupting it with the Stop button to allow it to delete what it had
downloaded; I moved these messages off to folders to prevent crashing OE,
too, from oversize files.   Then I imported those messages into different
PST files.

If this isn't in relation to Outlook, perhaps it might be better to post in
a group related to the browser you're using.

HTH
-pk

0
test8596 (33)
4/9/2007 8:38:44 PM
Patrick Keenan <test@dev.null> wrote:

> If you're actually seeing this in reference to Outlook - I have seen
> this, but the problem had nothing at all to do with WinFax, which had
> never been installed on that machine.   The real problem was that the
> user's PST file was much too large and was corrupting the Outlook
> Profile, causing Outlook to crash in strange ways and present
> erroneous error messages.

However, with Outlook 2007, a PST that is too large shouldn't be a problem.
Nonetheless, there have been reports of issues in Outlook 2007 causing
WInFax error messages to appear when WinFax isn't installed.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
4/10/2007 12:53:32 PM
On 2007-04-09 11:46:25 -0700, n.stephens.2005@gmail.com said:

> a client of mine has Symantec AV installed. and when she trys to get
> to the company website it comes up with with this Symantec WinFax Pro
> error.  We have nothing installed that has to do with winfax including
> no printers, services, faxes, or registry entries.  But yet anytime we
> go to launch the website it gives this error then freezes and the only
> option is to restart.  Any suggestions?

Remove any/all Symantec products and never use them.....this sort of
error is common enough as many Symantec products "trigger" wierd
errors.....

Symantec has software available to really uninstall it's stuff.....

I would also remove any/all registry entries with "symantec" in them.....

PC

0
proconsul (1)

IMF and Symantec
Can we safely enable both IMF and leave Symantec Mail Security running with anti-spam enabled, on our front ends? SAVMSE has the option to preserve the highest SCL on tagged emails... I was just wondering if there are any extra considerations for running both. jerry. "jerry cantrell" <undisclosed@earth.net> wrote in news:##k5mALaEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > Can we safely enable both IMF and leave Symantec Mail Security running > with anti-spam enabled, on our front ends? SAVMSE has the option to > preserve the highest SCL on tagged emails... I was just wond...

What IE with XP Pro SP3??
What level of IE should I expect on a system running XP Pro SP3 assuming the installed IE was not updated?? XP installs with IE6 and unless you consciously and and deliberately upgrade IE it will remain at version 6 regardless of the service pack installed. John chuck wrote: > What level of IE should I expect on a system > running XP Pro SP3 assuming the installed > IE was not updated?? Does "not updated" mean IE6 has never been patched or IE7 and/or IE8 hasn't been installed? -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - ...

Help installing xp pro.on sony notbook
-- b5150 "b5150" <b5150@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A51CC152-5F90-43DF-B5E6-7DC485009BCB@microsoft.com... > > -- > b5150 sony b5150 wrote: <blank post> Get it over with and tell your parents you accidentally formatted their computer. Let them decide on a recovery strategy. notebooks usually have a "factory restore" feature built in and it would have its windows system files stored in a hidden partition. you should go to sony and look up that model number for help. -- db·´¯...

Symantec WinFax Pro
a client of mine has Symantec AV installed. and when she trys to get to the company website it comes up with with this Symantec WinFax Pro error. We have nothing installed that has to do with winfax including no printers, services, faxes, or registry entries. But yet anytime we go to launch the website it gives this error then freezes and the only option is to restart. Any suggestions? <n.stephens.2005@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176144385.578574.239160@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >a client of mine has Symantec AV installed. and when she trys to get > to the company...

XP Pro--Outlook 2003
My husband and I share a family email address, but each of us can only see the emails that we download individually. How can we see ALL emails on both our profiles? On 18 May 2004 12:41, "marie" wrote: >My husband and I share a family email address, but each of us can only >see the emails that we download individually. How can we see ALL >emails on both our profiles? You should point both profiles to the same outlook.pst file. You should open one (doesn't matter which), copy the other to some publicly accessible location then File | Open | Personal Folder file to ...

Red Alert
(Sorry if this is off topic but this may be of interest) This afternoon our gatway virus alarm indicated an outbreak of the MY_DOOM.F virus. We received and are still receiving very high volumes as of 19:20 CST 02/23/04. We do not use Symantec products at the gateway level but do on some desktops. Just out of curiosity, we pointed Norton Antivirus 2003 at the gateway virus containment folder and guess what? Norton Antivirus didn't pick up on the MY_DOOM.F. Symantec's website revealed that they knew about this virus as of 02/20/04. They further state that MY_DOOM.F will be in the...

Upgrade from Standard to Pro?
is there a upgrade price US for standard 2003 to pro 2003? TIA, Dave On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:38:16 -0500, Dave <xyz@nowhere.com> wrote: >is there a upgrade price US for standard 2003 to pro 2003? > >TIA, >Dave Acording to the MSFT website, it's $249: http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/howtobuy/default.mspx -- Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com (11/09/04) That is a pre 2003 upgrade. Before the Microsoft acquisition, there was an option to upgrade from standard to pro (of the same version), but it was not widely publicized. Most of those answering questions in...

Outlook and Symantec Winfax
In trying to create backup for personal folders in Outlook 97, somehow set up so that outlook opens to Symantec Winfax. How to I get back to original folders? Thanks in anticipation Alan ...

OutLook in XP Office Pro producing this error:
After upgrading from Office 2k to Office XP Pro, I am getting the following error message. I imported my "old" archive and it had/has a folder called "BladePro". Each time my archive runs, I get this message. I have searched my entire hard drive and there are no other archive folders so where is it finding a second "BladePro" folder? This is irritating, to say the least. Error while archiving folder "BladePro" in store "Archive Folders". A folder by this name already exists. If possible, please send your suggestions to: rweeks@cableon...

MacBook Pro II
Thanks for the replies guys. One other thing the "Genius" said was that office would have to be "optimized" for the the MacBook Pro to get the improved performance with the core duo processors. Otherwise it would not run any faster/perform better than the the PowerBook. Thoughts? Apple and Microsoft collaborated to make sure that Microsoft Office 2004 runs well using Rosetta. So in that regard Office has been optimized for Rosetta. Office 2004 was running on MacPro laptops at MacWorld. I tried one briefly to see whether or not Excel's Analysis Tool Pack add-i...

WinFax replacement
I wrote an Access app years ago for a client and it uses WinFax pro to send out invoices. They need to upgrade but WinFax is gone thanks to the wisdom (LOL) of Symantec. Does anyone know of a good replacement that can be referenced from vba and will allow us to send out Access reports? Thanks, Keith I'm moving this to the microsoft.public.access newsgroup. There's not enough activity here for this to get any attention. If you see this here and have an answer, please answer it there. Thanks. "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in messag...

hello! Want to buy software Retail or OEM, Microsoft, Adobe, Macromedia, Corel Symantec
WE BUY SOFTWARE EMAIL: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> WITH ANY SOFTWARE OFFERS. Sellussoftware.com WTB: WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE ARE BUYING WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE...

Windows XP Pro
Hi, I recently replaced my Outlook.pst file with a backed up one and by doing so, I now have 3 entries called "Personal Folders", instead of 1, that contain *exactly* the same thing. Needless to say it's completely useless and that I would very much like to get rid of the extra entries. This said, when right clicking on the additional 2 entries, I am not allowed to close them... Would have I missed something obvious? Sure, it's not a critical problem, but I just find it irritating, not to mention completely illogical to have 3 identical entries... Cheers, Alan. You&#...

Cannot Receive Email with XP Pro and Outlook 2003
The subject line says it all, I can send email out with any of my three email accounts cannot receive email through my major email account which worked fine with Outlook 2002. Please help before I have to resort back to Outlook 2002. Try creating a new mail profile and then reset your account settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, bill asked: | The subject line says it ...

Symantec DLL and Outlook
After installing the new Symantec Anti-Virus Client 9.0 and rebooting, I now get the following meesage when first trying on open an email: The add-in "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help Menu. Unable to load "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll". You may be out of memory, out of system resources or missing a .dll file. I have ran the repair with not luck. I have plenty of resources. Any idea why this is happening and how I can correct it? You need to renam...

CRM 1.2 pro or standard
does anyone know if the action pack release of 1.2 will be standard or professional? Also, is the msdn universal version pro or standard? Shawn, My understanding of it is that the Action Pack is a Standard license while the MSDN is a Universal. However, the MSDN license is not valid to be used in a production mode, only for testing, developement & demoes. Matt "Shawn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:024e01c3caa1$fa3e5400$a501280a@phx.gbl... does anyone know if the action pack release of 1.2 will be standard or professional? Also, is the msd...

standard vs. pro
Hi Folks, I know I need Visio to do Data Flow Diagrams, but I don't know the important differences between standard and pro that would help me decide. Is there a link to a page that displays these differences in an easy-to-understand format or a few basic points that I need to know? Thanks! Matt try here... http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/prodinfo/editions.mspx al "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44D24F78-BDE4-4EBF-A603-02F28530A655@microsoft.com... > Hi Folks, > I know I need Visio to do Data Flow Diagrams, but I don't kno...

Symantec Security for Exchange
Anyone have problems installing Symantec Mail Secuity for Microsoft Exchange? The new Exchange antivirus version from Symantec. 5.X (I have worked with Symantec support to no avail) Standar Exchange 2003 patched to date Standard Server 2003 patched to date The setup barely begins and.. Installsheild Wizard reports: The wizard was interrupted before Symantec mail Secuirty for Microsoft Exchange could be completed... Please run setup again. All Windows has to say: Event ID 11708 Event Type: Information Event Source: MsiInstaller Event Category: None Event ID: 11708 Date: 12/26/2006 Time: ...

XP Pro 64-bit and NT4 domain
Can an XP Pro 64-bit PC be joined to an NT4 domain? This is a real life scenario and a lot of searching hasn't as yet revealed the answer. The only exposure I've had to any 64-bit O/S is Exchange 2007 on Windows Server 2008 Nicola Redwood wrote: > Can an XP Pro 64-bit PC be joined to an NT4 domain? > > This is a real life scenario and a lot of searching hasn't as yet revealed > the answer. > The only exposure I've had to any 64-bit O/S is Exchange 2007 on Windows > Server 2008 > > Yes, it's doable. Windows NT 4.0...

Any known issues with Symantec Endpoint protection blocking ODBC
Does anyone have tips for setting up Symantec Endpoint ver 11 on a server in a way that allows to ODBC connectivity from workstations. A few people have mentioned issues related to proactive threat protection and network protection. They suggested using its latest service pack....and disabling proactive threat protection and network protection. There is a KB article you can get from CustomerSource on how to deal with Symantec. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Ger" wrote: > Does anyone have tips for setting up Symantec Endpoint ver 11 on a server > in a way that allows to O...

CRM Pro CAL part number
I need to buy cals for my business, but when I do a search I find over a hundred items with cryptic descriptions. I currently have 10 CAL's and need to add 15. We are a corporate buisness and usually license under the Open Business program. The best way is to contact your Dynamics CRM Reseller and let them help you with the licensing part. Regards, Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility BV "tbohen" <tbohen@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:A6DFB7D3-2795-4F08-B0D9-66C53A1C500E@microsoft.com... >I need to buy cals for my business, but when I do a search I fi...

Another problem with Symantec & Outlook
Hi I'm running Outlook 2003 on a PC with Norton Internet Security. NIS provides an AntiSpam plugin for Outlook which gives an additional toolbar allowing for marking incoming mail as Spam or not Spam. I have the necessary boxes ticked in Outlook Tools/Options/Other/Advanced Options/COM Addins and in Norton AntiSpam Configure/Client Integration. My problem is that this won't "stick". periodically the AntiSpam toolbar disappears and I have to go through with the rigmarole of setting it all up again. Is there any way I can make this "stick"? Regards John ...

Recent Install of XP Pro
I recently had a hard drive failure and had to replace it. I installed Windows XP Pro which went without any difficulties. Then the fun began. The first thing was getting updates; the critical updates installed easily. At this time I made an Acronis Image just to be safe. When I went to install software updates such as .net/frameworks things slowed down considerably; none of the .net/frameworks wanted to install or were so slow to install it was like pulling teeth. Even the latest Windows Media Play was difficult to get installed. I have never had this problem before. I ...

A Question For The Exchange Pro
Not sure if i am being paranoid but i seem to beleive that someone is reading my email from another location other than my pc! I own a Blackberry (Corporate edition). I also have access via RDC over a secure VPN from my home and also OWA. However I am confident that none of these affect the issue as i know they are not being used by me. I see emails before my very eyes going from unread to read without them being selected!! I have checked AD and I am the only one with permissions to view my account (i am the MD!) I need some way to track who is accessing my Exchange account at the same tim...

Installing Visio 2000 on XP pro SP2
Hi all, I am using Visio 2002 on my home PC. JUst bought Visio 2000, want to install it on a thinkpad -T23 running XPP sp2. Installation want to install microsoft data engine 1.0. Should I do this? Should I install both discs? I just want to edit drawing I have made at home on 2002. I dont want to make any unseen changes to my notebook, or damage the settings. Any advise? You don't need to install the data engine to run Visio. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "tmfast" <tm...