Symantec Antivirus Add-in

I keep getting an error message at startup saying that a Symantec Antivirus
DLL can't be found, and that the add-in has been disabled. I upgraded to
Norton 360 some time ago and there is no such add-in or directory on my
computer.

Can someone tell me how to unload this add-in? I've searched the registry
and file system but can't see anything.

Thanks in advance!

0
Steve

Search the symantec/Norton knowledge base for the answer - it is not related
to OUtlook.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Steve asked:

| I keep getting an error message at startup saying that a Symantec
| Antivirus DLL can't be found, and that the add-in has been disabled.
| I upgraded to Norton 360 some time ago and there is no such add-in or
| directory on my computer.
|
| Can someone tell me how to unload this add-in? I've searched the
| registry and file system but can't see anything.
|
| Thanks in advance!

0
Milly
1/15/2010 10:37:02 PM
From: "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever>

| Search the symantec/Norton knowledge base for the answer - it is not related
| to OUtlook.

| --
| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Actually it is based upon the afct that it is MAPI compliant AV scanner add-in specific to
MS Outlook.

The error will show when Outlook is launced and you view the first email.

Just unchecking the box for Symantec in the Add-In list will disable it and stop producing
the error.

--
Dave

David
1/15/2010 10:52:58 PM
you may need to delete extend.dat.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"Steve" <zen27157NO-SPAM@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
> I keep getting an error message at startup saying that a Symantec
> Antivirus DLL can't be found, and that the add-in has been disabled. I
> upgraded to Norton 360 some time ago and there is no such add-in or
> directory on my computer.
>
> Can someone tell me how to unload this add-in? I've searched the registry
> and file system but can't see anything.
>
> Thanks in advance!

0
Diane
1/16/2010 3:59:57 AM
Dave,

That fixed it. It took me a while to find the Add-In list (which was under
Tools -> Trust Center ->Add-ins -> Exchange Client Extensions, if anyone
else is looking for it).

Thanks very much for your help!

Steve
..
> From: "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever>
>
> | Search the symantec/Norton knowledge base for the answer - it is not
> related
> | to OUtlook.
>
> | --
> | Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Actually it is based upon the afct that it is MAPI compliant AV scanner
> add-in specific to
> MS Outlook.
>
> The error will show when Outlook is launced and you view the first email.
>
> Just unchecking the box for Symantec in the Add-In list will disable it
> and stop producing
> the error.
>
> --
> Dave
> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
Steve
1/16/2010 8:18:47 AM
Diane,

Although Dave's suggestion cleared the startup error, deleting extend.dat
cleared the entry permanently in the Outlook Trust Center. Thanks very much
for your help.

Steve

> you may need to delete extend.dat.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=33803
>
> "Steve" <zen27157NO-SPAM@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I keep getting an error message at startup saying that a Symantec
>> Antivirus DLL can't be found, and that the add-in has been disabled. I
>> upgraded to Norton 360 some time ago and there is no such add-in or
>> directory on my computer.
>>
>> Can someone tell me how to unload this add-in? I've searched the registry
>> and file system but can't see anything.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!

0
Steve
1/16/2010 8:47:53 AM
Milly,

Sorry, I should have specified that this was an Outlook 2007 startup error.
In any case, Dave and Diane successfully walked me through it.

Thanks

Steve

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote in message
> Search the symantec/Norton knowledge base for the answer - it is not
> related
> to OUtlook.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> ALWAYS post your Outlook version.
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> After furious head scratching, Steve asked:
>
> | I keep getting an error message at startup saying that a Symantec
> | Antivirus DLL can't be found, and that the add-in has been disabled.
> | I upgraded to Norton 360 some time ago and there is no such add-in or
> | directory on my computer.
> |
> | Can someone tell me how to unload this add-in? I've searched the
> | registry and file system but can't see anything.
> |
> | Thanks in advance!

0
Steve

Loyalty add in
Hi I an looking for a loyalty program to accumulate points per dollar spend, issue vouchers for points accumulated and send monthly statements of points etc to customers. Anybody have anything? Regards Retail Realm (www.retailrealm.co.uk) sells a Gift/Loyalty Points add-in, which works quite well. The only thing it doesn't do is monthly statements of points (although it does print a report for the points earned, but this would be very tedious to generate). You could do this with Crystal Reports, or inquire about having a statement generator developed for you. -- Jason Hunt A...

registering an add in automatically
Hi I have created an add in & I want the add in to register automatically & get loaded when i start VC++.It can be done manually by going to the Addins & macros tab in Tools->Customize etc...as I have done.But I want to the process to automate it.Can someone give me an idea on how to do this?Thanks Doesn't regsvr32 work for this? ----- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com As soon as i build an add in it gets registered automatically.But then after that i tried to use regsvr32 /u <addin.dll> but there was no change in the registry settings.Also what i was enquiring abou...

How to add text to a Theme
I am trying to add to a custom theme in PowerPoint 2007. I want to add text/footer at the bottom of the page that will appear whenever this theme is selected. Any help on how to insert a text box and then save it to my custom theme would be great. Hi Try saving the file as a potx (template) rather than a theme - AFAIK themes contain font sets, colour sets and effect sets, not layouts & elements on the slides as these are part of templates. Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "point man" <p...

how to add a running word count
i want to add a running word count at the end of every page on my essay and is it able to do it automatically? i am using Microsoft Word 2007 You cannot do it automatically. However, if you run a macro containing the following code when your document is the active document, it will create a new document with each page of your document in a separate Section and with the running word count in the footer of each Section. Dim Counter As Long, i As Long Dim Source As Document, Target As Document Dim rngTarget As Range Dim strPages As String Dim arrPagee As Variant Set Source = Ac...

IE8 Add to Favorites
In IE8, when I want to add a site to My Favorites, when I go to select the folder to save it in, the list of all of my previously saves favorite folders completely opens up in expanded view. Since there are folders and multiple subfolders, is there a way to make only the half dozen or so main folders show up, then I could drill down and open each subfolder one at a time, instead of immediately seeing every single favorites folder I have ever created in a VERY long scrolling list? "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message news:#nZS5pN$KHA....

IMF and Symantec
Can we safely enable both IMF and leave Symantec Mail Security running with anti-spam enabled, on our front ends? SAVMSE has the option to preserve the highest SCL on tagged emails... I was just wondering if there are any extra considerations for running both. jerry. "jerry cantrell" <undisclosed@earth.net> wrote in news:##k5mALaEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > Can we safely enable both IMF and leave Symantec Mail Security running > with anti-spam enabled, on our front ends? SAVMSE has the option to > preserve the highest SCL on tagged emails... I was just wond...

Add New Record for Combo Box
For a Chemical Inventory database, there are the tables: Containers A bottle, jar, or other container of "stuff", and its qty and unit Substances A chemical, its CAS Registry #s, and Hazard Class ContainerSubstances The % of each Substance in a Container There is a Container main form with a ContainerSubstance subform. Since there are multiple fields in Substances, if the Substance does not exist, rather than using the NotInList event, I've provided a "New" button which opens the Substance form in Add and Di...

Symantec WinFax Pro
a client of mine has Symantec AV installed. and when she trys to get to the company website it comes up with with this Symantec WinFax Pro error. We have nothing installed that has to do with winfax including no printers, services, faxes, or registry entries. But yet anytime we go to launch the website it gives this error then freezes and the only option is to restart. Any suggestions? <n.stephens.2005@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176144385.578574.239160@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >a client of mine has Symantec AV installed. and when she trys to get > to the company...

add cells with data
Hello all. I'm trying to find the formula to count how many cells have data. i.e. I have a Colum which will have data in some of the cells but not all. The value of the data equals 1, but I have to put a description rather than the number. Does any one know? Thank you Jen Have you looked in Help to see how COUNT and COUNTA work? Tell us what some sample data might look like -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "JB" <nospam@awhere.com> wrote in message news:OP1W3OqIGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello all. > I'm trying...

How do I add an exponent to a math equation?
How do I add an exponent to a math equation in word? Can anyone tell me? If this is the equation editor in Word 2007, you could just type ^x; as you press the SpaceBar, the ^x will be converted to superscript x. In Word 97-2003, you can press Ctrl+H to apply superscript. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "BG" <BG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45D7E29-D173-47CA-B489-03D555B3EBF7@microsoft.com... > How do I add an exponent to a math equation in word? Can anyone tell me? Ctrl+H by default opens the R...

where can i get add- ins for the Analysis toolpak ?
i am having a hard time completeing what was supposed to be an easy stats assinment for school. i do not have any add- ins under tools> add- ins> Analysis Toolpak. where can i get these as there are none in my add- ins folder when i click browse? Hi From Office install CD. -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "A" <A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4FFE895-DB56-44B0-97EA-2C61257D015F@microsoft.com... > i am having a hard time completeing what was supposed to be an easy stats > assinment for school. ...

Red Alert
(Sorry if this is off topic but this may be of interest) This afternoon our gatway virus alarm indicated an outbreak of the MY_DOOM.F virus. We received and are still receiving very high volumes as of 19:20 CST 02/23/04. We do not use Symantec products at the gateway level but do on some desktops. Just out of curiosity, we pointed Norton Antivirus 2003 at the gateway virus containment folder and guess what? Norton Antivirus didn't pick up on the MY_DOOM.F. Symantec's website revealed that they knew about this virus as of 02/20/04. They further state that MY_DOOM.F will be in the...

Mobile Express Add Entity
So, I went through the installation documentation and all appears well. The mobile pulls up on my PDA just great. So then I see that I need to add the entities to mobile area. I go to the Settings, Mobile area and click the Add Entity button and get a 401 Unauthorized error. Check the folder security and everything appears great, except one question. In the install doc it's a little vauge as to which group to set the folder permissions for. Can someone give me an example, or am I barkin up the wrong tree here. Second area where the install doc is a little vauge is in the CRM Server ...

Add expected elements to xml

HELP
We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One of our users is just starting to have the following problem: Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)': Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or som...

Add page breaks after a certain number of cells in a column meet a condition
Hi I'm trying to insert a page break after a certain number (26) of cells, with length >=21, is exceeded I've grabbed snippets of code from here and there but can't get it to work. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Ritchi Sub InsertPageBreak() 'insert a page break after the count of cells in column 1 with a defined length (>=21 by default) is exceeded (26 is the default count to trigger a page insert) Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveSheet.Activate Dim CountOfItems As Long CountOfItems = 0 Call PageBreaksHorizontalRemove lr = Ce...

problems w/ Exchange 2003SP1 w/ Antivirus
I need some help Configuration Information is as follows: Winodws Server 2003 Exchange Server 2003 SP1 McAffee Group Shield v. 6.0 Problem: I am getting a pair of errors as follows: from source Alert Manager Event Interface event ID: 257 Description: Alert Manager Event Interface unable to send alert to \\CYCLONE\pipe\AlertManager. Error returned = The system cannot find the file specified. from source MSExchangeTransport event ID: 348 Category: Exchange Store Driver Description: A message could not be virus scanned - this operation will be retried later....

Outlook and Symantec Winfax
In trying to create backup for personal folders in Outlook 97, somehow set up so that outlook opens to Symantec Winfax. How to I get back to original folders? Thanks in anticipation Alan ...

hello! Want to buy software Retail or OEM, Microsoft, Adobe, Macromedia, Corel Symantec
WE BUY SOFTWARE EMAIL: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> WITH ANY SOFTWARE OFFERS. Sellussoftware.com WTB: WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE ARE BUYING WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE...

using outlook object model to add a MailItem to the Sent Items folder
I want to add a MailItem directly to the Sent Items folder. I don't want to actually 'send' the email. The purpose of adding the email to the Sent Items folder is just to show that it was actually sent at some point. The email was in fact already sent by another application previously. Here is the code I have tried to use, the problem I am having is that the MailItem will only make it to the Drafts folder. Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MAPIFolder outBoxfolder = _MAPINamespace.GetDefaultFolder(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.OlDefaultFolders.olFolderSentMail); ...

Norton Antivirus
Have removed V8 Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition from my Windows XP Professional Machine. When I enter Outlook 2002 I get the annoying message The add-in "C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec Antivirus..."could not be found. Problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair. I have tried this as well as removed all the entries directed ny Symantec from my registry as well as their program. I still receive the annoying message upon opening Outlook 2002. Any help would be appreciated, Also is there a way to uninstall Outlook 2002 and reinstall it. Maybe that...

Changing allow edits impacts ability to add new record with subfor
I have created an order entry form which contains a sub form for line item entry. The properties for allow filters, edits, additions, deletions, are all set to yes. When I first open the form, I am presented with the first order placed in the application. When I click the arrow at the bottom of the form for a new record, a blank order form complete with the sub form for line item entry appears. I want to change the form so when the user first opens the form, the allow edits feature is set to No. I have created a button to do this and it works fine. Here is the code. Private Sub Edi...

add columns in OWA
Can I f.e. add new column in task view in OWA? I want to see owner of task. (to mark tasks coming from Project (PS 2003). Or is there maybe better way? Filip ...

add a text to autoshapes
hello, when a add a autoshapes into publisher document like a Heart for example, and I add a text, the text still having a design like a rectangle. I'd like to know if the text can take the forme of the heart, and i i can to make 2 columns into the autoshapes (heart). I try to draw a text box a group it with the heart, but the text take the dimension of the text box and not the heart Thx You can ignore the text box in an autoshape and create a new text box with two columns. Have you experimented with the WordArt? You can download the old WordArt 3.2 and use it, this version has more...

Symantec DLL and Outlook
After installing the new Symantec Anti-Virus Client 9.0 and rebooting, I now get the following meesage when first trying on open an email: The add-in "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help Menu. Unable to load "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll". You may be out of memory, out of system resources or missing a .dll file. I have ran the repair with not luck. I have plenty of resources. Any idea why this is happening and how I can correct it? You need to renam...