Switch to Outlook but keep Yahoo address?

Hi,
My wife has a laptop and uses Yahoo as her primary e-mail.

Is it possible to set things up so she can keep the same Yahoo e-mail
address, but switch to Outlook as the e-mail program?

If so, can someone provide some specfics?

Thanks,

- Dan

Dan,
    The first question would be; does yahoo allow you to set the yahoo
account up as a pop3/smtp account?  If this is not an option for you then
yahoo is unable to be configured in outlook.
If youcould configure it Outlook express then you will be able to put into
Outlook with no issue.

If you have any further questions just ask!

Cheers
"@" <left_and_never@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> My wife has a laptop and uses Yahoo as her primary e-mail.
>
> Is it possible to set things up so she can keep the same Yahoo e-mail
> address, but switch to Outlook as the e-mail program?
>
> If so, can someone provide some specfics?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Dan

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 04:11:27 GMT,"outlook_rox" <outlook_rox@hotpop.com>
penned this whopper in microsoft.public.outlook

> Dan,
>     The first question would be; does yahoo allow you to set the yahoo
> account up as a pop3/smtp account?  If this is not an option for you
> then yahoo is unable to be configured in outlook.
> If youcould configure it Outlook express then you will be able to put
> into Outlook with no issue.

It does, but only if you pay a premium, which isn't much. It also allows
SMTP AUTH, which is quite handy.

--
              "Time will bring to light whatever is hidden;
   it will cover up and conceal what is now shining in splendor."

Mike
0
Friday1 (8)
9/12/2004 4:23:57 AM
In addition to the other advice, go to the Yahoo! site and look under their
mail help files for details on configuring Outlook with their premium mail
service.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, @ asked:

| Hi,
| My wife has a laptop and uses Yahoo as her primary e-mail.
|
| Is it possible to set things up so she can keep the same Yahoo e-mail
| address, but switch to Outlook as the e-mail program?
|
| If so, can someone provide some specfics?
|
| Thanks,
|
| - Dan

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Where can I see the email address...
...of a mail-enabled public folder in exchange 2003? Using Outlook 2002, I created a public folder called "Admin's Folder" that contains mail and post items. ESM - Public Folder - Admin's Folder - Properties, Email Addresses tab has nothing in the list. Right click Admin's Folder - All tasks - Mail Enable, I got an error "This folder is already mail-enabled". So where and what is the email address? How can I change it? Am I supposed to create public folder from ESM instead of Outlook? In ESM, right click the Admin Folder and under All Tasks it should say Ma...

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

CRM Contacts Missing in Outlook
I have the following problem with CRM: Outlook 2003 using latest client and "Outlook Crash" hotfix. From within Outllok all contacts can be seen via Sales, Contacts. When a new message is created in Outlook and To is selected, followed by CRM Contacts then certain contacts do not appear in the contact list. This is only true for a couple of PCs, the rest seem to work OK. I have tried removing the CRM client and re-installing, but it doesn't make any difference. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening? Mark ...

I never want to keep downloaded pictures. How stop that ?
When open e-mail, often asks if you want to download pictures. Usually do. The when going to close the e-mail, I get this ? every time do I want to save pictures. How can I set the default to not ask that question and just not save the downloaded pictures? Thanks "Dan Riddle" <Dan Riddle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28122FFD-C461-428B-80B6-6ECF9024DB1C@microsoft.com... > When open e-mail, often asks if you want to download pictures. Usually do. > The when going to close the e-mail, I get this ? every time do I want to > save ...

Outlook Client & NTFS File system
Did not see NTFS as a requirement on any documentation for Outlook client, however cannot install Outlook client on FAT32, with message saying NTFS is required. Is there a workaround besides converting to NTFS. ...

outlook forms #8
Stephen I need to know how you change the name of the tab/P.2 when creating an Outlook form. Also, how do you delete or create on the default message tab when creating a form. Thanks ...

Synchronisation Problem with Outlook
Hi I am running Money 2004 on a PC under Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2 installed. I have recently invested in a HP iPAQ hx2490 and have it set up to synchronize through a USB cradle. Synchronization settings include contacts, calendar, notes, files and Microsoft Money data. All went well until 10th.Feb or thereabouts, when Microsoft Money Data stopped synchronizing, with the message "Attention Required" opposite the Microsoft Money listing. All other data continues to synchronize satisfactorily. HP support tell me that since other data continues to synchronize satisfactorily ...

In Outlook Web Access 2000
I have two users that are not able to open emails in their inbox when they connect to the Exchange mailbox using Outlook Web Access. Can they open any emails in their inbox, or do all fail? What error do they get? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B357F9F3-DFBC-47B9-AA9F-34CA064A7727@microsoft.com... >I have two users that are not able to open emails in their inbox when they > connect to the Exchange mailbox using Outlook Web Acce...

Outlook 2000 #172
Hi, I cannot access Outlook. It was working fine and then just gets stalled in the loading process. When I do control;alt;delete there is the usual message that the program has stopped responding or waiting for my command. However it does not show that Outlook is the program that is not working. I have done a repair and reinstall, have checked for viruses, defragged and scanned my computer. Nothing seems to work. Can you help me please. Thanks. Ollie You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Ou...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Outlook Today Settings
When I start Outlook it opens in the window "Outlook Today". Here I can view upcoming events and appointments and summaries of emails (how many, unread, etc.). How can I change the settings so that it displays more events further into the future? Currently it only seems to display events a few days ahead. Thanks. Hi Snapper, How to customize "Outlook Today"? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlooktoday.htm How to find information about how to customize the Outlook Today page in Outlook http://support.microsoft.com/kb/236081/en-us Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics...

How to use my Outlook
I use msn8 but I can not use my outlook mail. I keep getting an error message about my POP3 account. ...

outlook express & outlook 2002
Can these apps be used at the same time. I had a problem designating EMail to one app or the other and the "Send To" menu choice was grayed out in virtually all of my apps. The Doctor wrote: > Can these apps be used at the same time. I had a problem > designating EMail to one app or the other and the "Send > To" menu choice was grayed out in virtually all of my > apps. Only ONE can be default mail client. You can USE both, and in fact Outlook 2002 uses OE as its news reader, but you can only have one OR the other as the default mail client. ...

How do I search for hyphenated words in Outlook 2007?
Searching for a hyphenated word, such as "off-nominal", even when enclosed in quotes gets me all messages that have both "off" and "nominal" in them. How do I get the whole word only? Thanks. "jsperko" <jsperko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0668B630-9998-4F8B-98FE-1F01F80A709B@microsoft.com... > Searching for a hyphenated word, such as "off-nominal", even when enclosed > in > quotes gets me all messages that have both "off" and "nominal" in them. How > do I get the whole...

Reinstalling Outlook
Recently, the MS Office applications have started displaying a message that my copy of MS Office is not genuine. Trying to resolve this problem, I am planning to uninstall and reinstall my Office Suite. I know where Word, Excel, Access, etc. keep their files, but I am not familiar with the way Outlook stores my email, so I have a number of questions. 1. Where does Outlook store my email? 2. Is there a particular extension I should look for an back up before I start the uninstall and reinstall process? 3. After I reinstall Outlook, how do restore the emails to my new i...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

Sharing of Outlook 2002 .PST folder
How do I share the Outlook 2002 . PST folder between two users in their two PCs. For Example : Boss has the Outlook 2002 on his machine where he has some addressess stored in the same which his Secretary wants to update the same. Then how she will access the .PST folder to update the same. As well as the Claender, To Do and Scedular entries to be updated in shared .PST folder. Kindly send me some lead to do the needful. Regards, Umesh Parshetye Manager - Systems Piramyd Retail & Merchandising Pvt. Ltd. Hello Umesh, Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm. -- Thom...

Outlook LIve #9
Please can anyone help ??.....I cant receive any email from my secondary account but i can send one from outlook to it.....when i try to send a different email from my secondary i then cant see it...not even in my hotmail asit appears to vanish !!!.........help... is the secondary account another live account? if not, what type of account is it? Does it send using the default account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginn...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

Outlook 2003 Graphics Default Setting
Every time I try to open a graphics file in Outlook 2003, the default programme is MS Photoshop Elements v3. How can I change the graphics default setting to something else? Many thanks You'd change that within Windows. In My Computer go to the Tools menu > Folder Options > File Types tab. Highlight an extension and click the Change button "Onetel News" <helenbrian.jones@onetel.net> wrote in message news:4374fc51@212.67.96.135... > Every time I try to open a graphics file in Outlook 2003, the default > programme is MS Photoshop Elements v3. How can I...

Details Template show E-mail Address
In Outlook Offline Address Book there are many tabs which show information. The first tab generally shows contact information. My question is, how do I get that first tab to show the primary e-mail address for someone? I want to hide the e-mail addresses tab but I want people to be able to see the primary address for someone and then be able to copy and paste it. I know how to create a label and edit box, but in the edit box I can't find a property that automatically has someone's e-mail address in it. I also don't want to have to write some script that copies people's ...

Outlook on 2 computers
I have a laptop that has been my life. It is begining to have issues. I purchased a desktop with Vista 64-bit. I want to transfer ALL that is in my Outlook on the laptop into the Outlook on the desktop. Is there a way to do this? Can someone give me detailed steps on how to accomplish this? All = Calandar, Emails, Contacts Posted here daily. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http...

Outlook reminders #7
Hi Does anyone know how to close multiple reminders that annoyingly pop up just when you need to work on something urgent. I try to reset day/time but they seem to revert to every 5 mins. What version of Outlook? Outlook 2002 and 2003 offer a unified reminder window where you can manage your reminders in one window, dismissing, snoozing, etc. en masse or one by one. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Afte...

How to disable OUTLOOK?
I use Outlook Express to handle my email. Recently I have installed Outlook 2003. I use MailWasher as a check programme prior to downloading to OE, and since installing Outlook, it appoints itself as the chosen programme. How can I convince it otherwise? Thanks AJ Try going to control panel, internet options, programs, and choose OE as your default mail program. AJ wrote: > I use Outlook Express to handle my email. Recently I have installed > Outlook 2003. > I use MailWasher as a check programme prior to downloading to OE, and > since installing Outlook, it appoints itself as...

Configuring Microsoft Outlook for a Microsoft Outlook Web Access Account
I am having trouble configuring my Microsoft Outlook 2003 to incorperate my Microsoft Outlook Web Access account. I am using Office 2003 and have Windows XP. Can anyone help? Thanks, Erik Are you trying to set it up as an HTTP account? Enter the OWA URL and include your mailbox alias: http://owa.domain.com/exchange/ekarre Note that you'll only have access to mail, not the special folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search fo...