Switch from OE to Outlook

What would be the best way to switch form OE to Outlook
and keep all emails, contacts, etc?
0
anonymous (74717)

double click on outlook.

Say 'yes' when it asks whether you want to import

"Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What would be the best way to switch form OE to Outlook
> and keep all emails, contacts, etc?

0
neil3802 (91)
12/29/2003 7:05:22 PM
need more info, are you on a mac or windows machine. what
versions are you running on oe/outlook.

If you are on a windows machine, you can use the
import/export wizard in outlook.

0
anonymous (74717)

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

CRM Contacts Missing in Outlook
I have the following problem with CRM: Outlook 2003 using latest client and "Outlook Crash" hotfix. From within Outllok all contacts can be seen via Sales, Contacts. When a new message is created in Outlook and To is selected, followed by CRM Contacts then certain contacts do not appear in the contact list. This is only true for a couple of PCs, the rest seem to work OK. I have tried removing the CRM client and re-installing, but it doesn't make any difference. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening? Mark ...

Outlook Client & NTFS File system
Did not see NTFS as a requirement on any documentation for Outlook client, however cannot install Outlook client on FAT32, with message saying NTFS is required. Is there a workaround besides converting to NTFS. ...

outlook forms #8
Stephen I need to know how you change the name of the tab/P.2 when creating an Outlook form. Also, how do you delete or create on the default message tab when creating a form. Thanks ...

Synchronisation Problem with Outlook
Hi I am running Money 2004 on a PC under Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2 installed. I have recently invested in a HP iPAQ hx2490 and have it set up to synchronize through a USB cradle. Synchronization settings include contacts, calendar, notes, files and Microsoft Money data. All went well until 10th.Feb or thereabouts, when Microsoft Money Data stopped synchronizing, with the message "Attention Required" opposite the Microsoft Money listing. All other data continues to synchronize satisfactorily. HP support tell me that since other data continues to synchronize satisfactorily ...

In Outlook Web Access 2000
I have two users that are not able to open emails in their inbox when they connect to the Exchange mailbox using Outlook Web Access. Can they open any emails in their inbox, or do all fail? What error do they get? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B357F9F3-DFBC-47B9-AA9F-34CA064A7727@microsoft.com... >I have two users that are not able to open emails in their inbox when they > connect to the Exchange mailbox using Outlook Web Acce...

Outlook 2000 #172
Hi, I cannot access Outlook. It was working fine and then just gets stalled in the loading process. When I do control;alt;delete there is the usual message that the program has stopped responding or waiting for my command. However it does not show that Outlook is the program that is not working. I have done a repair and reinstall, have checked for viruses, defragged and scanned my computer. Nothing seems to work. Can you help me please. Thanks. Ollie You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Ou...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Outlook Today Settings
When I start Outlook it opens in the window "Outlook Today". Here I can view upcoming events and appointments and summaries of emails (how many, unread, etc.). How can I change the settings so that it displays more events further into the future? Currently it only seems to display events a few days ahead. Thanks. Hi Snapper, How to customize "Outlook Today"? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlooktoday.htm How to find information about how to customize the Outlook Today page in Outlook http://support.microsoft.com/kb/236081/en-us Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics...

How to use my Outlook
I use msn8 but I can not use my outlook mail. I keep getting an error message about my POP3 account. ...

outlook express & outlook 2002
Can these apps be used at the same time. I had a problem designating EMail to one app or the other and the "Send To" menu choice was grayed out in virtually all of my apps. The Doctor wrote: > Can these apps be used at the same time. I had a problem > designating EMail to one app or the other and the "Send > To" menu choice was grayed out in virtually all of my > apps. Only ONE can be default mail client. You can USE both, and in fact Outlook 2002 uses OE as its news reader, but you can only have one OR the other as the default mail client. ...

How do I search for hyphenated words in Outlook 2007?
Searching for a hyphenated word, such as "off-nominal", even when enclosed in quotes gets me all messages that have both "off" and "nominal" in them. How do I get the whole word only? Thanks. "jsperko" <jsperko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0668B630-9998-4F8B-98FE-1F01F80A709B@microsoft.com... > Searching for a hyphenated word, such as "off-nominal", even when enclosed > in > quotes gets me all messages that have both "off" and "nominal" in them. How > do I get the whole...

Outlook Office assittant problem
hi all When i start and stop the outlook 2000, i am getting the following alert message "There are no Office Assistant character files present on the system. Please run setup in maintenance mode and install at least one character" but by clicking "Ok" , the outlook continues to work. what can be done for avoiding this alet? Thanks and redgs neela The program is asking that the original installation media be placed back in the machine, go to the add/remove applet in the control panel, highlight Office/Outlook 2000, and select Add/Remove. From there it wants y...

Outlook 2007
Working with Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2007. Is there a way to display what time the delayed delivery occurred? Once a message is sent, all the properties and sent time reflect the time I clicked send, not the delayed delivery time. There is no way to even tell that the message was delivered at a different time.... Set Request Delivery receipt for the message when you set the "Delay delivery" time. Robb wrote: > Working with Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2007. > > Is there a way to display what time the delayed delivery occurred? > Once a message is sent, all ...

Problem with Outlook 11-17-04
I installed the 1.2 outlook client when I was logged on as the Domain Administrator and the client looked fine. However I need to add teh client to the users profile now that they have started work. When I logon as the user I can not install the client for them. I get an error saying that I should unistall it from the other user first. I wouold do this but when I logon as the administrator again I get a 'Windows installer window' error from add/remove programs saying: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed. ?? I am stuck now, I can not remove and I...

how do you link outlook with the new business contact

Since Installing ActiveSync, Outlook Crashes When Saving Notes
Since installing ActiveSync for my Orange SPV M2000, I'm finding that Outlook often crashes, logging the following error when I try to save a note: "Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 11 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 13/06/2005 Time: 15:40:36 User: N/A Computer: B22-GX260 Description: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.6353.0, stamp 408f2937, faulting module outllib.dll, version 11.0.6359.0, stamp 40c8adfd, debug? 0, fault address 0x0002703e. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.&...

Changing user IDs, computers, etc., with Outlook and OE -- what a mess!
I have had a lot of issues lately involving changing user IDs, bringing users from workgroup to domain logins, switching computers, and running multiple identities. I really need a pointer to a good reference on how to handle these situations. These involve both Outlook and Outlook Express -- yes, I know they are radically different code bases, but the issues affect both nearly equally, especially when used in a POP/SMTP environment as most small businesses do. Users frankly don't care about the details. They just want to keep their email. Speaking of which, backups... Switching a us...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

Sharing of Outlook 2002 .PST folder
How do I share the Outlook 2002 . PST folder between two users in their two PCs. For Example : Boss has the Outlook 2002 on his machine where he has some addressess stored in the same which his Secretary wants to update the same. Then how she will access the .PST folder to update the same. As well as the Claender, To Do and Scedular entries to be updated in shared .PST folder. Kindly send me some lead to do the needful. Regards, Umesh Parshetye Manager - Systems Piramyd Retail & Merchandising Pvt. Ltd. Hello Umesh, Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm. -- Thom...

Outlook LIve #9
Please can anyone help ??.....I cant receive any email from my secondary account but i can send one from outlook to it.....when i try to send a different email from my secondary i then cant see it...not even in my hotmail asit appears to vanish !!!.........help... is the secondary account another live account? if not, what type of account is it? Does it send using the default account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginn...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

Outlook 2003 Graphics Default Setting
Every time I try to open a graphics file in Outlook 2003, the default programme is MS Photoshop Elements v3. How can I change the graphics default setting to something else? Many thanks You'd change that within Windows. In My Computer go to the Tools menu > Folder Options > File Types tab. Highlight an extension and click the Change button "Onetel News" <helenbrian.jones@onetel.net> wrote in message news:4374fc51@212.67.96.135... > Every time I try to open a graphics file in Outlook 2003, the default > programme is MS Photoshop Elements v3. How can I...

Outlook
Hi I just got this message in Outlook. Does anyone know what it means? Or how I can resolve it? RE: ATTENTION: Your mailbox is over the high water mark, 75% based on amount stored!! -- Many thanks JD It's from your ISP and it means you have too many messages in your mailbox or it's grown too large. Delete or archive off messages to fix the problem. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.o...

Setting up Email alerts in Outlook 2002
How do you set up incoming email alerts in Outlook 2002. Thanks David Hi David Tools > Options > Preferences tab > Email Options > Advanced Email Options > Check the required box(es) under 'When new items arrive' K "David" <dcpouzar@ediplungerlift.com> wrote in message news:035401c3c4da$ce365e10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you set up incoming email alerts in Outlook 2002. > > Thanks > David > ...