Summary of Messages

Hi, is there a way to print the summary (or list) of all
messages in the INBOX folder?
0
anonymous (74717)

Switch to an unfiltered, ungrouped view of your Inbox, then use the Table
print style.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:01de01c3ae76$f2980990$a001280a@phx.gbl,
Jon Cecilio wrote:

> Hi, is there a way to print the summary (or list) of all
> messages in the INBOX folder?

daily sales summary info
I have a small clothing boutique that recently moved locations. We would like to know if our traffic has increased, and if our average sale has increased. Is there any way to access this information in a report? Paging through every day of Z reports is pretty tedious. MP There's a custom report you can download called "average sales by store". It's just summary data that you can filter by date ranges. It includes your average transaction $ amount, avg # of units/transaction, profit marging % and avg # transactions/day. Good luck. "MP" wrote: > I ha...

"Check for messages every... "
What's the minimum amount of time I should select for "Check for messages every... minutes"? in order to avoid "hanging" or other related agony? It depends on the amount of addresses it needs to check. If "Include this account" is checked for news, that has to be taken into consideration as well, even though the messages will not show until you go to the newsgroups or sync. It also depends on the size of messages. Do you normally get messages with large attachments such as videos? It also depends on your download speed from your server. Dial-up...

Global Template Message Pops Up When Opening Word 2007
I just made modifications to the Normal.dotm file in Word 2007. Everything seemed to be going well, up until I opened Word 2007 again. Now every time I start Word, a dialogue box appears with the following message: 'The Global template, NORMAL.DOTM, is already open as an add-in program'. My only option is to click on 'OK' and then it disappears. Does anyone know how to get rid of this message??? Sounds like you have a copy of Normal.dotm (or a shortcut to it) in the Word or Office Startup folder? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Ty...

error message
An error message appears when I try to open up any Word documents which=20 says "word encountered file corruption and is unable to open your=20 document. Should we attempt recovery?" I press OK and nothing happens. I've reinstalled the entire program and the problems still occur. Any = ideas to=20 fix this problem? I'd greatly appreciate it!! See here for the standard troubleshooting suggestions: http://word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/TroubleshootingIndex.htm (hit refresh a few times in Safari, or use a different browser) On 9/10/04 9:37 PM, "Janice P" wrote: > An...

Rebulid Inventory Summary from Period Summary
If you fail to close the Inventory module on the correct date, all Summary values for an inventory item are summed incorrectly. I would like to see a rebuild of the summary values in an item be rebuilt form the period summary that is correct. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&...

Exch 2k3 missing messages
I have a client running Exchange 2003 standard, fully patched. Recently some users started reporting that messages sent to them (both from internal and external senders) were not being delivered to their mailboxes. I've since confirmed that some intra-office messages are not appearing in the recipient's mailbox. Message tracking does show delivery of the messages to the recipients mailbox and there are not errors in the System and Application event log. The problem is intermittent and seems to be focued around just a few users. This is a single-server environment: The productio...

Insert message when highlighting a cell?
Please advise how when placing a pointer above a cell, Excel can be made to give an explanatory message to the person using it? Cheers Colin Hi Colin! Use: Data > Validation -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Colin" <colincurious@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bbb06f96.0401041224.1eae9c8a@posting.google.com... > Please advise how when placing a pointer above a cell, Excel can be > made to give an explanatory message...

Send on behalf of message
Hi, In my organisation we are running Windows 2000 PCs with Office 2000. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5. Many of our users use the Send On Behalf of permission which works fine. However, with some of our users in the FROM field of the emails they send on behalf of someone it does actually give a message stating this. For example: "From: Curtis Fray on behalf of Jimmy White". What I can't figure out is how to force the From field to always display like this. There are some users who when they send a message on behalf of some one, the From field simply shows the name of the user...

ON_NOTIFY message problem
Microsoft online document about ON_NOTIFY message does not help me so I am hoping someone else can. I have a dialog with 3 buttons control, instead of using OnClick() function for each button, I want to map the WM_ONNOTIFY message to a function in the parent dialog and use the wParam to determine which button got the click so that I only use 1 function to handle 3 buttons. However, I never got any WM_ONNOTIFY message when click on any of the buttons, even though that I select the "notify" property for each button. I know that I am missing something, can someone help? Thanks TP &qu...

Delete Messages From Server On Download
I am missing something when trying to setup WLM. I want the email messages deleted from the server when they are downloaded. Is there a way to do this? <Bill> Tools Accounts select specific account Properties Advanced uncheck 'leave a copy....' "Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net> wrote in message news:uOyLb4agKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I am missing something when trying to setup WLM. I want the email > messages deleted from the server when they are downloaded. Is there a way > to do this? > > <Bill> ...

Message not delivered
We're running Outlook 2003 on XP SP2 boxes connecting to Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 SP1 server. I'm having an issue where e-mail from a certain address is not being delivered to a certain user. I'm able to receive messages from this address on my account but this one user isn't. The messages aren't being routed to her Junk Mail or any other folder. They simply aren't being delivered and the sender isn't receiving an NDR. I'm not blocking this address (or I wouldn't be receiving his mail). Has anyone seen this behavior? Any assistance is gre...

Notify Message in Outlook
I attached a large attachment to a message and it sat in the outbox all I didn't know that the attachment was too large to send. I also didn't see it in my outbox--it sat there all day. I didn't find out about it until I was turning off my computer at the end of the day. I have many folders and can't check the outbox all the time. Is there a way to be notified if an email is sitting in the outbox? version of outlook? you can put the outbox folder on favorite folders in ol2003/2007. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need ...

Finding specific email message
Im attempting to find specific content within our priv.edb database. Id like to find content within both the subject line or message body. Ive attempted to use exmerge, is this the right tool? I dont want to extract, just find/copy to a pst. Any suggestions would be appreciated! -- Mr. Burnout On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 09:50:28 -0800, "ManWell2005" <ManWell2005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Im attempting to find specific content within our priv.edb database. Id like >to find content within both the subject line or message body. Ive attempted >to use exmerge, is ...

Phone message form
Our office has changed from Novell Groupwise to Outlook. Is there a template or form that can be downloaded or created (by amateurs) for phone messages? 2 while you were out forms are linked at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mssampleapps.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this news...

In Overlapped received: error message
What does this message mean? It happens occasionally when opening outlook (after entering username and password). Error says: InOverlapped Received: ReadnBufferClearData() failed You click OK and it may come up a second time. Click OK again and outlook continues to load... I can't find this in the MS KB anywhere. It occured in Outlook 97 and it's occuring in Outlook 2000. ...

Spacebar in reading pane randomly skips to next unread message
IN outlook 2003 SP1, under Windows XP SP2, I use the reading pane to go though messages. I use the space bar to advance to the next unread portion of the message. Every so often, Outlook apparently decides I have read enough, and it skips to the next message, rather than scrolling to the next page. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you. If it is random and you have no idea what may be the root cause, then it will make it very hard to diagnose and fix. What commonalities do you see when it does happen? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussi...

Opening up a word attachment error message
A Word file was sent to my e-mail account. I have outlook 2003 installed. When I try to open up the word attachment in outlook, I receive this error message: The server application, source file, or item cannot be found. Make sure the application is properly installed, and that it has not been deleted, moved, or renamed. We are using exchange 2003. Thanks for any help in advance. Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote: > A Word file was sent to my e-mail account. I have outlook 2003 > installed. When I try to open up the word attachment in outlook, I > receive th...

Error message after send/recieve mail
Hi, I have been getting an error message after my mail has been sent/recieved. It changes a bit each time, the last line usually says: The server responded: then is has had a C:/windows/system32/inetcomm.dll , and then if I try to send/recev again it will have like a ' or ERR or something. Does anybody know what might be up? Gordy Not without the exact error code information, Outlook version + patchlevel and account type being used. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanen...

SOP Summary Breakdown report vs SOP Summary Breakdown Reprint repo
Hi, My client has just upgraded to vs10 and they noticed that the SOP Summary Breakdown report now prints at a document level instead of at an account level as the SOP Summary Breakdown Reprint Report does. In vs8 it apparantly worked the same as the SOP Summary Breakdown Report. I have had a look and the report uses the SOP Distribution temp table, whereas the SOP Summary Breakdown Reprint Report using the SOle.P Distribution Open and History table. I tried adding a relation to the Account Master table from the SOP Distribution temp, but this then just corrupts the report and caus...

Mail messages
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. Why is that? ...

Arranging messages
I'm new to Outlook 2003. I'd like to arrange inbox headers so that they are grouped by conversation AND in descending received order (newest on top). When I set for group by conversation, then descending order goes back to ascending. When I set descending received, then grouping dissappears. Thanking you for your help. Try using View | Arrange By | Current View | Customize Current View to change multiple settings from one dialog before actually applying any of them -- see if that allows you to choose and keep both of your preferred settings at once. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Out...

Limit Newsgroup Messages Downloaded?
(Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, SP-2, IE-8, WM-6, WLM-09, classic mode, dial-up.) How can I limit the number of messages downloaded from a (or all) newsgroup(s)? Generally, I don't mind all of them being downloaded when that number, at most, is a few hundred. Lately I've become interested in some newsgroups (Usenet, not MS) that download over a thousand messages whenever I open them. That takes a long time, and I'd prefer to download only 200 or 300 at a time. Thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cow...

Why do I have to use a find on messages in the inbox?
I have outlook 2003. I reviewed a couple of emails in my inbox and when I came back to the application, the emails had vanish. However, I did an advance search and found one of them in the inbox?????but when I go to the inbox, it is empty. What am I doing wrong??? How many more messages are in that virtual inbox??? How do I get back to a normal outlook??? By the way, I did check every folder including archives for this particular and it was nowhere to be found. But if you do an advance search, it can only be viewed using advance search. Aloha capsrv, You probably have your vie...

Tender Summary report
The tender summary report, by definition, should give a summary of all tenders taken for a given time period. The report in RMS, however, joins the TenderEntry table to the Transaction table, and consequently only shows tender information for sales transactions. Payments to Account and deposits are excluded from this report. The result is a partial tender summary report that doesn't give a clear picture of all the tenders taken in a given time period. Does anyone know of a way to create a comprehensive tender report that will provide the details of ALL cash, checks, credit cards...

Ex2007 Message Size Restrictions
Hi, I have a problem with receiving attachments in Ex2007. Even a small 1MB attachment is failing with the following error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test 1 Sent: 2/7/2007 10:38 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Jakov on 2/7/2007 10:39 PM This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again. <lan.interlan.ca #5.2.3 smtp;550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.SendSizeLimit; mes...