Subject Line Warning

Hi,

I have a quick Outlook XP & 2003 question.  I used to use
Netscape Messenger as an email client and there you would
be warned whenever you tried to send an email without a
subject line.  It would allow you to go back and add a
subject line or to ignore it and continue.  Is there a
similar functionality in Outlook that can be activated?

Kind regards
Vyyk
0
anonymous (74722)

No - it's not built into Outlook. There are addins that will warn you or you
can write some VBA. There may be code samples at outlookcode.com.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Vyyk Drago" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a quick Outlook XP & 2003 question.  I used to use
> Netscape Messenger as an email client and there you would
> be warned whenever you tried to send an email without a
> subject line.  It would allow you to go back and add a
> subject line or to ignore it and continue.  Is there a
> similar functionality in Outlook that can be activated?
>
> Kind regards
> Vyyk

0
info2937 (567)
4/16/2004 1:07:34 PM
Cool, thanks.

I guess I'll write some code to handle it then.  :)

Cheers!

Guide)

http://www.slipstick.com

>"Vyyk Drago" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a quick Outlook XP & 2003 question.  I used to
use
>> Netscape Messenger as an email client and there you
would
>> be warned whenever you tried to send an email without a
>> subject line.  It would allow you to go back and add a
>> subject line or to ignore it and continue.  Is there a
>> similar functionality in Outlook that can be activated?
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Vyyk
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Help with a formula (Multiple lines to sum and return if)
Hello, Thank you in advance for the help. One sheet one I would like to return the sum of data from sheet two if the salesperson name matches. Here are the details: Sheet 1 In column A I have the names of sales people (listed by row) - header is "Name" In column B I have cells available to total the sales people numbers by month Sheet 2 In column A, the sales people are listed many times In column B, lists the Account name (not important for this help) In column C, is the total sold to that customer Now in the B column, I would like to match the name of the ...

indexed line chart?
Hi, can I feed a line chart the absolute values and print a chart whose line shows is indexed to a constant value. The labels above show the absolute values? Greets Xaver Xaver, Will this chart work for you? http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/charts/indexing_data_for_growth_comparisons/ ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Xaver Hinterhuber" wrote: > Hi, > > can I feed a line chart the absolute values and print a chart > whose line shows is indexed to a constant value. The labels above show the > absolute values? > > Greets > Xaver >...

An old subject Weeknum
I would like to show week numbers inside a cell that also contains the date e.g In cell A1 "01/01/2007 (1)" (1) being the weeknumber for that date, hope this makes sense, I have looked all over many of MVP website and can not find a workaround. Mark Hi Mark, =TEXT(TODAY(),"dd/mm/yyyy")&" ("&WEEKNUM(TODAY())&")" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mark Mowe" <MarkMowe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F10D753-EB45-41F8-BD9D-DE337262FCF5@microsoft.com... |I would like to show week numbers...

Subject in emails
Is there a way of transferring a complicated Subject from an email in Inbox to a New Post in OE6SP1 instead of laboriously writing it in? My OS in Windows XP Pro. Jan Why not just copy and paste ? -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA "annonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <janusz@de-kulik.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:OAdGRzg%23DHA.3220@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way of transferring a complicated Subject from an email in Inbox > to a New Post in OE6SP1 instead of laboriously writing it in? > > My OS in W...

Anchoring Phase Change Lines
How do you anchor phase change lines or text boxes to the horizontal axis so that, as you add additional data, they maintain their position relative to the horizontal axis when the chart is redrawn with the additional data? Phase change line is a line like whichever else. Therefore it must be declared by a series of points read from a table of xy pairs; either fixed or calculated by an equation valid within some limits (let them be chart boundaries or mutual intersections). If you intend your textboxes for the descriptions of phase fields, the way you want them to respond to any ...

Blank subject line
i m getting blank subject line as spam mail,i want to block that in my mail server which is exchange 2000 and i have symantec mail security for exchange 4.6.how to define blank subject line in antivirus for exchange or any other solution to block blank subject line . On 13 Dec 2006 04:23:31 -0800, "Devang" <dev009@gmail.com> wrote: >i m getting blank subject line as spam mail,i want to block that in my >mail server which is exchange 2000 and i have symantec mail security >for exchange 4.6.how to define blank subject line in antivirus for >exchange or any other so...

Cant type on line E31.
I am trying to type on line E31, but it wont show the number on that line, it shows the number in the formula bar above. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Generic Feed Parsers Redux http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/42a9b6e2-809e-4ca7-b3f6-acd41f462063/generic-feed-parsers-redu.aspx Maybe the cell's font color is set to white? --JP On Feb 10, 11:48=A0am, tabatha anderson wrote: > I am trying to type on line E31, but it wont show the number on that line= , it shows the number in the formula bar above. > > Submitted via Egg...

Exchange 5.5 MTA line error tolerance
Does anyone know how Exchange handles MTA newtork lines problems. That is to say, if someone is sending a 10MB email to someone at a different site via the MTA and there are network errors on the WAN: Will the 10MB email start from the beginning or will it start from where it left off? In the last exciting episode, eric.tripp@click2learn.com (Eric) wrote: >Does anyone know how Exchange handles MTA newtork lines problems. >That is to say, if someone is sending a 10MB email to someone at a >different site via the MTA and there are network errors on the WAN: >Will the 10MB email s...

no subject
hi stranger, been a while. hope everything is going well with you & bobby. by the way, how's your'e mom an dad doing. healthy an well i hope? speaking of health, what's your thought's on obama's massive health care reform bill? think it's gonna pass? any how, i hope this finds you in great health & spirits. luv ya, randy ...

Contact shown in subject?
Is there a way of outlook putting the contact name (the 'full name' field) in the subject when you send an email? I.e. if the contact was 'dave smith' that would show in the subject? Thanks Will "will@willusher.com" <will@darkaudio.co.uk> wrote in message news:c8916643-6291-4590-a1c3-f0d0154b14fa@d10g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way of outlook putting the contact name (the 'full name' > field) in the subject when you send an email? > > I.e. if the contact was 'dave smith' that would show in the subject? Sure, if you...

Formatting a footer with a top border-line
I am using Excel 2002, but this seems to be a problem for me with Word 2002 as well. I want to format my footer with a top border (i.e., there should be a border-line just over the footer and between it and the rest of the page. I seem to remember being able to do this. With Word, I can format the footer with a box around it, but that looks awful. I just want a nice descrete line over the footer to separate it from the body of the page. Clicking the Text Format Tool while in headers/footers only formats the font, its size, underline/bold/italics, etc. No border lines are available as ...

Line Chart Query
Hi, I am trying to put together a line chart of some information. The problem is that it looks quite crowded on the chart. Is there a way of having a line chart where you can select a few of the data sources to see just those lines, without having to have a different chart for each data source? My ideal situation would be where I have 18 data sources, and I can click between those 18 and see line charts for those 18 individually, or any combination of them without having to have several line charts. Thanks. Have you tried a filter (such an an auto-filter) on the source dat...

strange horizontal line showing accross several columns
Between two rows, and for the span of about 16 or so columns there is a line that I can't get rid of. Its not a "Border" settings, Its not a drawing line, its not a page break line. I can't select it. If I select the entire two rows flanking this line and delete the two rows, the line simply shifts up. So it this line was between rows 70 and 71, it would then appear between rows 69 and 70. Its not anything in the footer or header either!! It prints when I print the page. Any idea what on earth this could be? Thanks Thrava Perhaps an object ? Try press F5 > Specia...

Dispatch column to 3 chart lines
I'm not even sure how to word my problem, so Google searches haven't been successful so far. I have data like this IP packet loss date-time 83.137.80.57 0 2009-04-24 12:57:00 83.137.80.58 14 2009-04-24 12:58:03 83.137.80.60 12 2009-04-24 12:59:03 83.137.80.57 0 2009-04-24 13:57:01 83.137.80.58 13 2009-04-24 13:58:02 83.137.80.60 11 2009-04-24 13:59:02 I would like to make a chart with 3 lines, corr...

CRM Subjects sequence
Folks Am I the only one with this issue, I have upgraded from CRM 3 - CRM 4 and now my subjects are no longer in alphabetical order - how do I change them as finding things are difficult? Regards Gavin ...

(no subject)
never mind, I figured it out. The load properties items are case sensitive. Once I made them all lowercase it worked. ...

I Want a Warning Before Sending Email to Certain Contacts
Can someone tell me how to configure Outlook so that I will get a warning message before sending email to certain contacts? For example, I have certain contacts categorized as "adversary" or "client" and I would like Outlook to make me confirm that I do, in fact, want to send an email to anyone from those categories. The idea is to prevent myself (and colleagues) from accidentally sending an internal email to the wrong person because of Autocomplete, inadvertence, or some other mistake. Thanks in advance. Extra points for a firm-wide solution--something the s...

Loosing lines from rpt file when using acOutputReport with acForma
I have created a standard Access report called rptInternalNotification that uses seperator lines to differentiate various subtotal levels. When I use the following command to export the file to RTF, the text portion comes out exactly the same in the RTF file, but the lines have disappeared. DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptInternalNotification", acFormatRTF, _ MFIN_Path & "Internal Notification Report - " & ReportPeriod & ".rtf", True Any thoughts on how to solve this? Thanks. -- Bob Lemay Unfortunately, that's the way it is. Graphi...

Formating Text in the Subject Line
I've received emails where the text is in red, italics, etc. Can anyone tell me how this is done? Thanks! Mitche It's a View with Automatic Formatting - simple formatting rules can be created using Tools, Organize or use the Define view dialog on the View menu to create complex rules. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: htt...

Subject Description
Hi all, Is there anyway I can access the Subject Description (not name) that we enter during Subject Entry on the Case Screen. Secondly , I have to ask some additional information from CSR if he select some particular subjects but dont want these fields to be there on the case screen for every trouble ticket. ------=_NextPart_0001_066DB96B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <aDroit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there anyway I can access the Subject Description (not name) that we > enter during Subject Entry on the Case Screen. > Secondly ,...

Read only command line switch
Oh wise ones, Excel 2003 XP Pro I would like to force a workbook to open read only. I have followed the directions in the help section, but I must be doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. The workbook is on a shared network drive here; S:\common\Lab\Job Aids\Golive.xls I created a shortcut and edited the target like below, but windows says it's invalid. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE /r S:\common\Lab\Job Aids\Golive.xls" Thanks, Mike When you have spaces in your paths, you have to surround each of them with double quotes:...

Customize Subject Line
I have created a "submit" button on an Excel form in order to 'send-to' a particular mailbox (through Outlook). I need to include a customized subject line (pulling a person's name into the subject line). This particular form is a MAC form and would always include a person's name, not necessarily the person submitting the MAC form. Is there a way to do this? Thanks! -- terezakat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ terezakat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25576 View this thread:...

How create rule that searches BOTH body and subject (OR not AND)?
When I check the boxes in Advanced Rules for finding a term in the body of a message and then the subject line, the resulting line ANDs it -- that is the term has to appear in both the subject and the body. This is not what I want. I want to screen emails where this term appears in either the subject line or body. That is, in Boolean terms, I want to OR this, not AND it. I think you'd have to create two rules to do that... "kdez" <kdez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAB18A6D-2106-4783-9C7A-88517E0709BA@microsoft.com... > When I check the boxes in...

automatically copy a line in word
I am using MS office 7. I wish to set up a template which allows me to write a one off letter to a client. Within the letter I wish to customize the odd line or paragraph which will then be automatically repeated at a specific point further down the document. I can do this to a degree using mail merge but its something of a phaf so is there a way I can use, say, ‘quick parts’ in the insert ribbon to do the same? Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Office 2007? (That's actually Office "12", I believe.) I'll assume you're talking about Word. ...

Line
I have a bunch of values in bar graph and I would like the overall average to run as a straight line across. How can I do that with just 1 average cell and not a bunch of cells to match against the other values. Thank you so much Yan ...