Stupid question

I'm currently using Microsoft Money 2005 and they are continuously
trying to sell me 2006.

So why am I still using office 2003? (and One Note 2003)

When is an update that really improves on some of these Outlook probs
& expands some of the valued features expected???
0
spondee (30)

Money and Outlook have nothing to do with each other.  What are you really
asking?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, spondee asked:

| I'm currently using Microsoft Money 2005 and they are continuously
| trying to sell me 2006.
|
| So why am I still using office 2003? (and One Note 2003)
|
| When is an update that really improves on some of these Outlook probs
| & expands some of the valued features expected???

0
MillyS (3228)
2/11/2006 10:22:58 AM
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:28:22 -0800, spondee <spondee@cox.net> wrote:

>I'm currently using Microsoft Money 2005 and they are continuously
>trying to sell me 2006.
>
>So why am I still using office 2003? (and One Note 2003)
>
>When is an update that really improves on some of these Outlook probs
>& expands some of the valued features expected???

The next version of Office (and Outlook) is scheduled for release
later this year, probably around the time that Microsoft's next OS
(Vista) is released.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>
Chicago, Illinois, USA
"spondee" <spondee@cox.net> wrote in message
> I'm currently using Microsoft Money 2005 and they are continuously
> trying to sell me 2006.

Who is?  I've never been spammed from Microsoft for any of their products
that I've purchased.

> So why am I still using office 2003? (and One Note 2003)

I don't know because you don't know.  Why does Windows come with Calculator
and Notepad, another disparate pair of programs?  Do you even use Money and
Office to know what they do and that they don't do what the other does?

> When is an update that really improves on some of these Outlook probs
> & expands some of the valued features expected???

Hard to say since you didn't bother to mention WHICH problems and WHICH
valued features (valued by you, that is).

Yep, you had the Subject right.

"spondee" <spondee@cox.net> wrote in message
> I'm currently using Microsoft Money 2005 and they are continuously
> trying to sell me 2006.
>
> So why am I still using office 2003? (and One Note 2003)
>
> When is an update that really improves on some of these Outlook probs
> & expands some of the valued features expected???

these outlook problems? features? You've kept them a secret. There's not
much of any substance you have said, just moaned. I hope you now feel
better.

0
alan8232 (157)
2/11/2006 5:52:41 PM
Some early information on Office "12" is available at =
http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/default.mspx. Several folks from =
the Outlook "12" team are blogging about the product, so you can also =
read up at http://blogs.msdn.com/willkennedy/ and other blogs.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"SgtRich" <UseNewsgroup@NotEmail.invalid> wrote in message =
> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:28:22 -0800, spondee <spondee@cox.net> wrote:
>=20
>>I'm currently using Microsoft Money 2005 and they are continuously
>>trying to sell me 2006.
>>
>>So why am I still using office 2003? (and One Note 2003)
>>
>>When is an update that really improves on some of these Outlook probs
>>& expands some of the valued features expected???
>=20
> The next version of Office (and Outlook) is scheduled for release
> later this year, probably around the time that Microsoft's next OS
> (Vista) is released.
> --=20
> <<<SgtRich>>>
> Chicago, Illinois, USA
0
suemvp (4038)
2/11/2006 7:12:10 PM
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:12:10 -0500, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
<suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote:

>Some early information on Office "12" i

Thank u so very much!  Will track these links down...

0
spondee (30)
2/11/2006 8:54:09 PM
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 05:02:20 -0600, SgtRich
<UseNewsgroup@NotEmail.invalid> wrote:

>The next version of Office (and Outlook) is scheduled for release
>later this year, probably around the time that Microsoft's next OS
>(Vista) is released.

Thank u very much, not only for the info, but for having the
intelligence to understand the question.  LOL
0
spondee (30)

Beginner question about importing data from Access into Excel
For my work I have to write a lot of Word documents which are linked to Excel spreadsheets for calculations and tables. I've got it all figured out between Word and Excel, everything works. I have a series of Word template documents extensively linked to a single Excel worksheet which is where I do most of my work, the document really just requiring formatting and a little bit of typing once my work in Excel is done. The next step for me, which would be enormously beneficial in terms of time savings, would be to be able to link the Excel documents to an Access database. This would save...

Building New SBS2008 Server Hardware Question
I am going to spec out a new server for a client who will be running SBS2008 Advanced. They may or may not running the SQL on that physical box. Not sure yet. They key thing they have been having a problem with in their current SBS2003 is I/O speed of the HDs. (I think something is not right with the controller) and now the machine is almost 5 years old. It's time to upgrade their 15 user network. So in your "dream world". What would you make sure you include in the hardware and how would you configure it, including virtualizations. The customer uses Dell ...

VLOOKUP Question 11-14-09
I feel stupid but I cant figure out what is wrong with my forumla. It will only return #N/A. Here is the formula: =(VLOOKUP(J2,List!$A$1:$G$404,6,FALSE)) Where "List" is another tab on the same workbook and 6 is the column that I want ito lookup. You don't need those outside ()'s, but that won't matter. =VLOOKUP(J2,List!$A$1:$G$404,6,FALSE) My guess is that you don't have an exact match in List!A1:A404 for the value in J2. Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes on troubleshooting =vlookup(): http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble O...

Stupid
When I go to open a file stored on the network "Network" is not listed by default as a place to find and open Excel files in Excel 2007. This is as moronic as the ribbon of abomination. Yes, I can find out how to add "Network" as a default choice but it should be their to begin with. That, and the fact that Excel 2007 does not recognize conditional formatting in spreadsheets created in Excel 2003 converted to to the ".xls" format make it clear that the same geniuses who programmed Vista programmed Office 2007. I cannot believe how dumb the design of both those...

Before Update event question
If I am positioned on a new record (not yet saved) and I open a popup form and then in the code for this form, I modify a bound field on my original form and then close the popup form, does this trigger the 'before update' event on the original form? This is what seems to be happening. I don't want this event to trigger until I save the record or move to another record. It seems that I have to postpone modifying the bound field until the 'before update event'. This means that in the popup form, I have to save the value in an unbound field and then move it to the bound...

ListCtrl Question
am creating a CListView as my main View. It will display records from a recordset. I am going to open my recordset, pull all the records out of a certain table and insert them into the list view and then close the recordset. When the user chooses to add a new record, I will pop up a dialog box, create a local recordset and when the user clicks the ok button, I will add the record to the recordset and then close it. Here's the question, do I use InsertItem to add the new record to the list view or do I rebuild the list view from the recordset again. Same with deleting a record, I will...

MFC Question
I have an MFC application that uses some business objects created a few years ago in the form of "extension dlls." I've been updating it now for quite a while. I recently got a request to develop a browser-based interface to support telecommuting staff. I have the option to develop it in Java/JSP as our company only wants to support Apache servers. But, to ease my pain, they're allowing me to run an IIS server so I can program it in .NET. My question is, how do I use my MFC business objects in a JSP or .NET web application? I simply do not want to re-write them in anyt...

Basic Question on autocomplete function
Hi everyone, my first time on the forum and my first thread. I apologize if this is already located on the forum here. I tried searching, but came up with many unrelated threads so I thought I'd give this a shot. I am trying to auto complete a link to another worksheet by corner dragging a formula over a ROW in one worksheet FROM data in the COLUMN of another worksheet. In other words: Worksheet 1: E9, F9, G9, should point to (respectively), Worksheet 2: C2, C3, C4 The auto complete formula function does not recognize what I'm trying to do. And I have to do this with t...

Money99 Question
I recently started receiving the following error message; "Product Information: Money was unable to complete the operation. The Internet, banking, or brokerage server you were trying to contact encountered an error. Please try your call again later. (SMC)". Running Win98SE, and no changes to program settings. How do I correct? Thanks. I've seen a number of posts on this issue recently. You may want to contact support and verify if there is an issue going on with this version. "George" <gjb1@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:0c4701c35c12$d08798e...

ExMerge Questions
I need to delete all messages with a specific attachment name from our Information Stores. I tried ExMerge having looked at a few tutorials/readmes/articles and it seems to be doing the necessary, however there are a couple of outstanding issues: Firstly, our current environment (Exchange 2003 SP2) started life years back as an Exchange 5.5 environment, and when I run the export phase, many of the PST files have names based on the random directory name used for the mailbox so rather than "Joe Bloggs.pst" I have "E76EC87.pst" which is not ideal. Second...

Licensing question #3
Hi, I purchased more CAL for my Exchange 2003 (it is part of Small Business version), do I need to apply these new licenses somewhere in Exchange server? Thanks-Rob On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 07:12:01 -0700, Rob <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I purchased more CAL for my Exchange 2003 (it is part of Small Business >version), do I need to apply these new licenses somewhere in Exchange server? >Thanks-Rob You do not need to put CAL's "into" Exchange, unless of course the answer is different for SBS, in which case you should double check with that partic...

Exchange 2007 Send connector question
Hello all Testing out EX 2007 I have installed the mail, hub and CA role on one server and the Edge role on another server. I have alos created an edge subscription file and imported this file to the hub server, and i ra nthe start-edgesubscription and got a success. Now If i want to create any additional send connectors on the Edge server i get an error that says i can only run this command on an AD attached machine, also i cant modify any send connectors on the edge server. So i created a send connector on the HUB server configured it and then forced synchronization, thinking tha...

Table question
I have WinXP. I created a Table in WordPerfect (6.1) and then opened it up in Word (2003) so I could send it to some people who only have Word. In both instances (WP and Word), there is a blank page at the end that I don't know how to get rid of. Doing Delete on the last table page, or Backspace on the blank page, doesn't work because the cursor is inside the table at the end. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! "Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:#udUI1CfKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have WinXP. I...

Counting question #2
I have a range of cells that I want to 'count' if the number is greater than 0 but less than 6. The cell # is F33 where I want the answer. The range is: Q13:W13; Q17:W17; Q21:W17; Q25:W25; & Q29:W29. What formula would I use? I've tried several but I keep getting error answers. hi, =count(Q13:W13,Q17:W17,Q21:W17,Q25:W25,Q29:W29) >-----Original Message----- >I have a range of cells that I want to 'count' if the number is greater than >0 but less than 6. The cell # is F33 where I want the answer. The range is: >Q13:W13; Q17:W17; Q21:W17; Q25:W25...

Question about dialog.
I have an application which use several dialogs (CDialog1, CDialog2,...). CDialog1 is popped up by a fuction call as following (Works well): func(...hWnd...)//hWnd is the main windows' handle { CWnd wndParent; if (wndParent.Attach( hWnd ) ) { CDialog1 dlg( &wndParent ); dlg.DoModal(); wndParent.Detach(); } } Now, in CDialog1, I want to start another dialog by using: CDialog2 dlg; dlg.DoModal(); //failed I got run time error. Why? "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1129328476.748520.213520@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... &...

One formula on multiple workbooks question
I update, track and save about 80 workbooks. They all have the same format and formulas. However, occasionally I need to change the formulas, so I have to update every workbook. Is there a way to save the formulas on one workbook and have all the others refer to the formulas on this. If so, how should I do this? Josh, If you want to actually change the text of the formulas, no. If you want to get data (stuff a formula returns, or text or numbers in a cell), use a link. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- &quo...

stupid

I'm sure this is a stupid question.
I have a field in my report - =[lastname] & ", " & [firstname] I'd like to suppress the ", " when there is no first name... some of my contacts are offices/businesses/departments & don't have first names. Any way to do this??? Thanks. Try: =[lastname] & ", " + [firstname] There is a subtle difference between the 2 concatenation operators: "A" + Null => Null "A" & Null => "A" -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://a...

Question re: Inserting Rows & Columns
I know that a row will always be inserted above the active row, but it is visually confusing to me in which direction new columns are inserted. Are they inserted to the right or left of the active column? You could always put a11,b1 2,c1 3 and insert to find out for yourself same thing on rows -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E15C4FD-4F29-49AB-97D0-01E53E12CE5B@microsoft.com... >I know that a row will always be inserted above the active row, but it is > ...

Stupid question but......
Hello can any1 tell me how i get the little new mail envelope icon to appear on the toolbar in the right hand corner of the screen? I have just updated to a newer version and it no longer does it Thanks for any help you can give Not a stupid quesiton Sarah. Lots of people have the problem. I hope MS changes so their installation program checks for these problems but the answer is usually here: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/missingenvelope.htm "sarah" wrote: > Hello can any1 tell me how i get the little new mail > envelope icon to appear on the toolbar in the ri...

Conditional Formatting Question #13
Hi all, I have a spread sheet with 9 columns and an infinite possibility of rows (however it currently has 107 rows). What I would like to do is have each cell in column b check the row above and below and if it finds the value in either of the corresponding rows are equal then both rows that have the same value in column b are highlighted the same background color. I have tried a couple of ways in conditional formatting but can't get the coloring to work. Any help is appreciated. T.I.A. Can you post a small sample to show us what you mean? Is your first row of data row 1? I...

createThread question
Hi, I am developing a DLL which exposes some APIs to the user. Now one API needs to do following. It needs to spawn 3 to 4 threads, which will wait for certain event and update global data. But API need NOT wait for all these thread processing and it should return to the user. Question: Is there any issue doing this? i.e. Keeping thread running even though Parent process (API) completed ? Will created thread becomes zombie? or are there any drawbacks of this? If I understand, you are asking that you are going to expose some APIs which will launch a thread. Client will simply ...

SMTP Connector Question
it has been mandated that we utilize our parent company's email domain name for our email addresses. The problem I run into is that when I change the default email addresses, email addressed to recipients outside of our exchange organization with the same email domain name never get routed outside our network. The exchange server bounces the email with an error that the recipient could not be found. Example: email address is jdoe@xyz.com. Email sent within our exchange organization to other users with @xyz.com works fine. email sent to rdoe@xyz.com who is in another exchange o...

Question to readers
I monitor this group on a daily basis. I use outlook express as the reader here. Instead of going through each post and find out which posts have unread replies or new replies, is there any easy way to review these posts. I have my view set like this.... View-Current View - Hide Read Messages. Then after I've reviewed someting, highlight it and mark it as read, then it won't show up the next time I synch. -- dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This ...

If question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C43219.F1727D80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Is it possible to enter a range of numbers into an IF statement?=20 This is what I am trying to do: if cell A =3D 0.8:0.999 then return 0.75 of cell B I need to do this same thing 4 times in the same formula. This is what I have so far: =3DIF(D2>=3D0.8,(D1*0.75),IF(D2>=3D1,(D1*1))) After getting this far, I realize it's not going to work. Any help or suggestions would be greatly app...