Stuck messages

Looks like a lot of people have the same problem of large
messages not leaving their mail boxes.  Anyone have an
answer - it's driving me crazy!!

Thanks

Corinne
0
corinne1 (1)

Corinne,

As an engineer, I have come across this many a times. Some solutions have
and some haven't. It seems to be a protocol related issue (between NT kernel
and Outlook/IE/OE)

Suggestions:

1. Try another SMTP server
2.  Increase the server time-out value in your account settings
3. Change the MTU value in registry for adapter

4. Try with Outbound mail scanning disabled
5. Enable transport logging to diagnose

------
How to Enable Transport Logging

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479

--------
HKEY LOCAL
MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\EnablePMTUBHDetec
t DWORD 1

HKEY LOCAL
MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\EnablePMTUDiscove
ry DWORD 1

This will allow windows XP to automatically adjust its MTU packet size to
what is required so that packets are not fragmented along the way to your
SMTP server.

increasing the timeout time in Outlook

To activate this fix, follow these steps:

1. Quit Outlook.

2.Click Start, and then click Run.

3.In the Open box, type regedit, and then click

OK.

4.Locate, and then click to select the following

registry key:

HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook

5.After you select the key that is specified in

step 4, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click

DWORD.

6.Type UseInetcommCS, and then press ENTER.

7.Right-click UseInetcommCS, and then click Modify.

8.In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

9.On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor

Peter Scott

"corinne@harken.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Looks like a lot of people have the same problem of large
> messages not leaving their mail boxes.  Anyone have an
> answer - it's driving me crazy!!
>
> Thanks
>
> Corinne

0
me4354 (13)

Followup Flag on messages
I am marking certain emails received for followup within next few days. Is it possible to get reminder or alert popup out of such flagging on messages ? pl elaborate Thks Shanks yes, if you set a reminder on them. Note that reminders only fire in the default folders - you'll need to use a 3rd party program from www.slovaktech.com -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

Message question
I have a custom list control and some other controls on my dialog box. Every time when I select item on the custom list control. I always receive the OnRButtonDown() message which is what I want. But I also need OnNMClickCustomList() which fired also. I add NM_CLICK handler OnNMClickCustomList() on my dialog. But It is NOT fired every time. If I select different item and keep the custom list control focused. I can get the NM_CLICK every time When I click the item; But If I select item A on the custom list control and click other control on the dialog, then click one of the item in the custom...

Stuck
HI there, Seeing how iam stuck in this area of MSoffice, with no appearant link to other catigories i have to ask my question here concerning MSN explorer. I downloaded explorer 7.02 now i want to uninstall it, yet i cant there is no MSN explorer in my add remove programs, even when i click on show updates. I am running windows xp and there is no folder in widows directory leading me to MSN explorer, as some advice to type comands like : " %windir%\$NtUninstallie7beta2$\spuninst\spuninst.exe." to get rid of it, none of it seems to work at all... PAthetic of Microsoft to stoop to ...

Convert all messages to plain text
Dumb question....is it possible to convert all incoming messages from the Internet to plain text? I'm getting a lot of HTML emails and I'd like to convert them all to plain text. I'm running Win2K, Exchange 2K3 SP1. Thanks On Thu, 4 May 2006 07:39:02 -0700, Jonathan <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dumb question....is it possible to convert all incoming messages from the >Internet to plain text? > >I'm getting a lot of HTML emails and I'd like to convert them all to plain >text. > >I'm running Win2K, Exchange 2K3 S...

Messages in public folder is suddenly unread
I have W2K3 SP1 Cluster with Exchange 2003 SP2 running a lot of public folders. Connected to the exchange environment we also have an archive system connected that runs some scheduled jobs. During the test below this was put on hold. I use one of my public folders for an incoming queue for external mails. where the users have a view in outlook with unread messages so they can work with all unread messages. When i am in my outlook view and choose all mails as read, then after several hours ( over night ) i look into the public folder again and now suddenly some old mails from before i read al...

Viewing Pictures in the body of a message
I have recently switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. The only thing I do not like so far is that when people send me emails and attach pictures - in outlook express I could either click on the file attachment and view the picture, or just scroll down to the bottom of the message...and the picture would be displayed there. In outlook 2003, the only way for me to see the attached picture files is double click the attachment. Is there any way to view the pictures in the message body like in outlook express. I have gone through several menu options and did not find one that wo...

Error message when running Exchange Server ActiveSync Web Admin To
Hi. I have installed the Exchange Server ActiveSync Web Admin Tool (on our only Exchange server) and I can log on to it just fine but when I enter the mailboxname to lookup list of devices and click "continue", I get the following error message: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. [WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.] System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() +680 System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +74 System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +234 Microsoft.Exchange.AirSyn...

UK stuck with old version
This is most probably a pointless question, but here goes. I wondered why that in the UK the latest version is money 2005, where as if you live in the USA you can get money 2007. Is there many new things in money 2007 that are not in money 2005? NIK -- Remove nospam for personal reply if responding via newsgroup. I guess that the cost of converting M2007 to work for the UK was a lot greater than any potential sales! :-( See http://money.mvps.org/product/US/2007/Default.aspx for a list of M2007 features. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http:/...

Windows Live Mail not marking newly posted news messages as Watched
When I post a new message in a newsgroup with Windows Live Mail, I want it to be marked as Watched. This is not happening with all of my news accounts (I have an msnews.microsoft.com and Microsoft Answers account, the Microsoft Answers account is not marking my new posts as Watched). How can I fix this? Thanks. -- Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/ If you're using the NNTP Bridge for Microsoft Answers, message rules do not work for that. It should work with MSNews. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial...

Cannot view message
Hi, I cannot view my messages in full view or autoview from outlook.The same problem exists in all folders. This has only occured in the last week. The hourglass apppears in the message box, but nothin appears. Help! ...

Stuck Outbox
I have Vista 64 and periodically I cannot send mail. My antivirus is Trend and I have turned off the e-mail scanning function. Error message is : Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Jessica's Phone Number?', Account: 'pop6.sympatico.ca', Server: 'smtp1.sympatico.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F hay alguien de argentina? "Ken McLean" <KenMcLean@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Auto Archive deletes messages
Hello All, A couple months ago the CFO of our company had a PST file that was getting close to 1GB of data. So we setup the Auto-Archive to archive everything older than 6 months. Everything older than 6 months was moved to the Archived Folders as expected. Today he checked the Archived folders and some of the e-mails were missing. By default Auto-Archive has a checkbox checked that says: "Delete expired items (e-mail folder only)" Is this what happened to the missing e-mails? Why is this checked by default? Someone wanting to "Archive" the e-mails would not ...

Out of Office Assistant giving error message
When I click on Out of Office Assistant I get the following message: The command is not available. See the program documentation about how to use this extension. I checked the support knowledge base and found a suggestion about renaming the resiliency key in the registry but that key was not there. Any other suggestions/resolutions? thanks Do you connect to an Exchange server? If not, there's no Out of Office feature. Joy wrote: > When I click on Out of Office Assistant I get the > following message: > > The command is not available. See the program > documentatio...

error message #4
After opening Miscrosoft Publisher in Office 2000, this message appears: "the wizard files were not installed please run setup again to install wizard see help for more information on running setup." How does one do this? Which? How to see Help for more information or how to run the setup again? Assuming it's the latter, put the Office 2000 disk in and run the setup. -- JoAnn Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer. --Bruce Graham "parson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26bc0...

Tape Stuck in Drive
DPM 2007 refuses to let go of a tape in the drive. If I try to run a “remove tape E/I port” I get following message “Required tape resource is reserved by another task. Wait for the other task to complete, or cancel the ongoing operation. Retry the operation." The problem is that there are no other jobs running. I also tried to reboot the server and tape library but no success. I am able to unload the tape from the drive using the tape drive console but DPM refuse to acknowledge that the tape have been moved out of the drive. We experience exactly this behavior with our DELL...

Using __super in OnX message handlers
__super references the base class. So if you have class B { virtual void foo(); }; class D : public B { virtual void foo(); } void D::foo() { __super::foo(); // same as B::foo() } It works great for vitual functions as above. But does it also work from within message handlers, e.g. OnKeyDown()? I have run into a problem where calling the base class's message handler, e.g. __super::OnKeyDown(...) causes the base class's OnKeyDown() to receive a NULL "this" pointer. But it works fine when I call <baseclass name>::OnKeyDown(). If it turn...

I am stuck
The numbers represent rounds. So a name will go with a round (number) but some names know more than one round. Name a 1 name b 2 name c 3 name d knows round 1 and 2 name e knows round 2 and 3 Is there an automatic function that would allocate "name d" or "name e" to a round if "name a, b or c" were not available for that day? The table would look like this Name a 1 name b 2 name c 3 name d name e Say for example "name a" was not available how would "name d" get allocated to r...

Outlook 2007 Problem with sending first message
Hello, I have a strange problem with Outlook 2007. When i send a message, that message will be stuck in the Outbox. If i keep it there and sent another message, that message will be send without a problem. So the problem is that i always have to have one message in my Outbox in order to be able to sent messages out at all. If i delete all messages in the Outbox and then try to send a message the result is the same. I have to send the message a second time and the first message needs to be in the Outbox. Does anybody know a fix for that problem? ...

Messages being deleted
I have a user that is using Windows 98se, Outlook 2002. He is having problem with new messages from 3 different people. These messages ar being deleted and bypassing the inbox all together. I looked in th blocked sender list and these people are not there. Thank yo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Message Receipts
Is there a way to force read receipts within an organization, even if the receipient has selected not to send read receipts in Tools; Options? I'm not greatly concerned with internet email, but it is important that our managers receive read receipts from their staff. Any help us greatly appreciated!! There is no way to force READ RECEIPTS and I'm not sure that it would be a good idea to anyway, like spam or such. Something like this is best implemented through policy. You can send a DELIVERY RECEIPT that at least proves that the message was delivered safely to the recipient. -...

Stuck in a loop.
1) Outlook crashes on startup 2) Sends error report to Microsoft 3) Restarts 4) Goto 1 How do I rescue my system? I've tried the restart in 'Safe Mode' and also allowed 'Detect & Repair' to run, but to no avail. XP Home SP2 running Outlook 2002 SP3 I assume by safe mode you mean you ran OL in safe mode, and not Win. If you download and install this http://www.dependencywalker.com/ then start and run OL through it, you may get a clue as to what is causing the problem. "Ian Sweeney" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001e01c...

custom message routing
we have 1 e2k3 server that is authoritative for our domain. in front of that we have a postfix server acting as a bridgehead with AV/Anit-Spam functionality. i am trying to figure out how/if i can route mail sent to 'notspam@domain.com' (which our e2k3 server is authoritative for) off of the e2k3 server and over to the postfix server. currently, if i send an email to 'notspam@domain.com' i recieve an NDR from our e2k3 box. i want exchange to send this message over to the postifx server. can this be done? TIA egrant <egrant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >we...

Exchange 2003 stuck in maintenace mode
After applying exchange SP2 the exchange server is now stuck in maintance mode. Any Ideas or how do I roll back the SP. Regards James On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 04:27:07 -0800, James Deland <JamesDeland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After applying exchange SP2 the exchange server is now stuck in maintance mode. In ESM, properties of the server, under the monitoring tab, do you have the disable monitoring of this server checked? > >Any Ideas or how do I roll back the SP. You can't uninstall or rollback an exch service pack. > >Regards > >James ...

Seperating Pictures from Messages... HOW?
Seperating Pictures from Messages... HOW? I just starting using Outlook 2003. I belong to several Yahoo picture groups. I want to be able to seperate the pictures from the messages. For example, I have been using Eudora, and it leaves the messages in a directory, but it also put all the files, pictures and movies into a seperate directory of my choice. So I can actually have the JPG or GIF OR MPG file. But with Outlook, they all going into one file but they aren't in their true form like JPG, GIF, ect. My question is this, IS there a way to seperate files in Outlook 2003 like I can u...

I receieve message but my name is not listed
Hi, I am currently receiving messages from a particular recipient (Exchange System). The message lists six users in the To and CC boxes, none of which is me. In addition, there is a Distribution List, but once expanded, none of the people listed is me either. I tried Reply All to see if my name was in the BCC list but it is not there as well. Any idea to see how I can tell how my email address is getting listed or how this is happening? Thanks. JR "UnknownJoe" <UnknownJoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADB04C8A-4118-4703-A026-E4D6B1...