Stuck in a loop.

1) Outlook crashes on startup
2) Sends error report to Microsoft
3) Restarts
4) Goto 1

How do I rescue my system? I've tried the restart
in 'Safe Mode' and also allowed 'Detect & Repair' to run,
but to no avail.

XP Home SP2 running Outlook 2002 SP3
0
anonymous (74717)

I assume by safe mode you mean you ran OL in safe mode, and not Win.
If you download and install this
http://www.dependencywalker.com/
then start and run OL through it, you may get a clue as to what is causing
the problem.

"Ian Sweeney" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> 1) Outlook crashes on startup
> 2) Sends error report to Microsoft
> 3) Restarts
> 4) Goto 1
>
> How do I rescue my system? I've tried the restart
> in 'Safe Mode' and also allowed 'Detect & Repair' to run,
> but to no avail.
>
> XP Home SP2 running Outlook 2002 SP3

0
dl6256 (276)
9/30/2004 6:46:09 PM
A 2nd thought; locate the file outcmd.dat, in the Outlook folder, rename and
see if that helps

"DL" <dl@spoofmail.nothere> wrote in message
> I assume by safe mode you mean you ran OL in safe mode, and not Win.
> If you download and install this
> http://www.dependencywalker.com/
> then start and run OL through it, you may get a clue as to what is causing
> the problem.
>
> "Ian Sweeney" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > 1) Outlook crashes on startup
> > 2) Sends error report to Microsoft
> > 3) Restarts
> > 4) Goto 1
> >
> > How do I rescue my system? I've tried the restart
> > in 'Safe Mode' and also allowed 'Detect & Repair' to run,
> > but to no avail.
> >
> > XP Home SP2 running Outlook 2002 SP3

0
dl6256 (276)

Stuck
HI there, Seeing how iam stuck in this area of MSoffice, with no appearant link to other catigories i have to ask my question here concerning MSN explorer. I downloaded explorer 7.02 now i want to uninstall it, yet i cant there is no MSN explorer in my add remove programs, even when i click on show updates. I am running windows xp and there is no folder in widows directory leading me to MSN explorer, as some advice to type comands like : " %windir%\$NtUninstallie7beta2$\spuninst\spuninst.exe." to get rid of it, none of it seems to work at all... PAthetic of Microsoft to stoop to ...

UK stuck with old version
This is most probably a pointless question, but here goes. I wondered why that in the UK the latest version is money 2005, where as if you live in the USA you can get money 2007. Is there many new things in money 2007 that are not in money 2005? NIK -- Remove nospam for personal reply if responding via newsgroup. I guess that the cost of converting M2007 to work for the UK was a lot greater than any potential sales! :-( See http://money.mvps.org/product/US/2007/Default.aspx for a list of M2007 features. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http:/...

Stuck Outbox
I have Vista 64 and periodically I cannot send mail. My antivirus is Trend and I have turned off the e-mail scanning function. Error message is : Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Jessica's Phone Number?', Account: 'pop6.sympatico.ca', Server: 'smtp1.sympatico.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F hay alguien de argentina? "Ken McLean" <KenMcLean@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Tape Stuck in Drive
DPM 2007 refuses to let go of a tape in the drive. If I try to run a “remove tape E/I port” I get following message “Required tape resource is reserved by another task. Wait for the other task to complete, or cancel the ongoing operation. Retry the operation." The problem is that there are no other jobs running. I also tried to reboot the server and tape library but no success. I am able to unload the tape from the drive using the tape drive console but DPM refuse to acknowledge that the tape have been moved out of the drive. We experience exactly this behavior with our DELL...

I am stuck
The numbers represent rounds. So a name will go with a round (number) but some names know more than one round. Name a 1 name b 2 name c 3 name d knows round 1 and 2 name e knows round 2 and 3 Is there an automatic function that would allocate "name d" or "name e" to a round if "name a, b or c" were not available for that day? The table would look like this Name a 1 name b 2 name c 3 name d name e Say for example "name a" was not available how would "name d" get allocated to r...

Exchange 2003 stuck in maintenace mode
After applying exchange SP2 the exchange server is now stuck in maintance mode. Any Ideas or how do I roll back the SP. Regards James On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 04:27:07 -0800, James Deland <JamesDeland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After applying exchange SP2 the exchange server is now stuck in maintance mode. In ESM, properties of the server, under the monitoring tab, do you have the disable monitoring of this server checked? > >Any Ideas or how do I roll back the SP. You can't uninstall or rollback an exch service pack. > >Regards > >James ...

Stuck in a loop.
1) Outlook crashes on startup 2) Sends error report to Microsoft 3) Restarts 4) Goto 1 How do I rescue my system? I've tried the restart in 'Safe Mode' and also allowed 'Detect & Repair' to run, but to no avail. XP Home SP2 running Outlook 2002 SP3 I assume by safe mode you mean you ran OL in safe mode, and not Win. If you download and install this http://www.dependencywalker.com/ then start and run OL through it, you may get a clue as to what is causing the problem. "Ian Sweeney" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001e01c...

Why are my emails stuck in my outbox?
Every once in a while my emails get stuck in the outbox. I deleted the outgoing email, prepared another but still the same problem. On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 18:21:58 -0700, Glen H <Glen H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Every once in a while my emails get stuck in the outbox. I deleted the >outgoing email, prepared another but still the same problem. Under Tools, Options, Mail Setup. Is the box "Send immediately when connected" enabled? -- To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address. ...

Nested Do...Loops and Date Cell Defined as Date in VBA code
I'm trying to write code to look at a month and name in workbook#1, find the matching month and name in workbook#2, lookup a value in workbook#2 for that month and name, and put that value back into workbook#1. I'm having several problems: (1) I have three nested Do...loops and when I run the macro, it gives me the loop without a do error. But I have three do's and 3 loops. Why am I getting this error??? (2) I need to define a date cell in workbook#1 as a date variable so that I can change the date in workbook#1 and the macro will work based on that date. I can't figur...

Legends
I have data table with dates from AQ8 to BU8 and products in AP9-31. In any one particular month the factory may only make on product, however in other months it may make all 23. I would like to plot a graph of this data that updates automatically - dynamic ranges. As a result I have a graph that can move between one and 23 rows of data to plot (series), each with its associated series name shown in the legend. I have tried looking at Jon Peltiers website, C Pearson and several questions on this discussion forum - no solution seems evident. Plotting the data is no problem but getting...

Emails stuck in "Pending Send" state
Whenever emails are sent out from CRM using a Quick Campaign, they stay in the "Pending Send" state forever. In the past, we've been able to solve this simply by restarting the email router service, but as of a month ago that's not working anymore. We have 2 exchange servers in a cluster, and I've tried both... no luck. There are no errors in the event log on either the Exchange server or the CRM server. Joshua, 1. Under which user account are the quick campaigns being sent? 2. Does Send Email work for that user? 3. Does that user's profile properly have their...

Text window not displaying inside loop
I have a utilty I'm in the process of writing for montoring the amount of remaining space on a number of network drives. I'm adding functionality to loop every X-seconds then checking the figures again. Eventually these figures will be written to a file but for now I'm trying to display them fresh on each loop to a text box. CString Output; while (CountDown--) { Output.Empty(); .. .. // extract figures and format into Output .. m_DriveList.SetWindowText (Output); // display figures Sleep (1000); // wait a second } In the current configuration this should accumulat...

Outlook 2007 woes
Hi, I have had a lot of grief with my Outlook 2007 - periodically it freezes. When I try to kill the process, and restart, it keeps getting stuck at "updating cached messages (250/xxxx)". Everytime it is the magic number 250. I have to kill and restart a few times (today has been more than 10, hence this message), and then on one of these tries, it seems to get over the hurdle and I am able to use it. This usable period lasts for a few days/couple of weeks, and then I am back to the same kill/restart/kill/restart routine to get it going. My Outlook 2007 on one of these occasions ga...

Email getting stuck in Outbox
Using MS Outlook 2003, Comcast.net is my ISP and I have McAfee Personal Firewall plus installed on my Dell XP. Looking for assistance as my emails with pic's and normal outgoing emails are getting stuck in the outbox file and it is continuing to try to send it then I get a "Potential Worm Activity Detected pop-up from McAfee. The attachments are less than 2mg too. Please help... Thanks... Paul Paul Yanakakis <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Using MS Outlook 2003, Comcast.net is my ISP and I have > McAfee Personal Firewall plus installed on my Dell XP...

sent messages stuck in outbox
Hi, I'm frustrated trying to figure out why my sent messages don't go to the sent mail folder. instead, they just stay in my outbox. this is a relatively recent phenomenon and I want it to stop. I'm using outlook 2000 and windows 2000. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ Hi: Try checking the tools/options/prefences/email options: Be sure that there is a check in the box by "Saved copi...

Hmm Stuck...
I have a file on excel that contains many text entries of peoples names..... A10 has Ken in it A11 has Bill in it A12 has Alan in it etc etc etc.... I want to copy these names over to K10 K11 K12.............. The first column is set for text......but i tried the autosum and told it that K10 = A10,,,,i thought it would just copy the text of the persons name but it didnt, it just has =SUM(A10) in the cell. What am I doing wrong? I'm sure there must be a simple solution ...

Looping through XmlNodeList
Hi, I have the following code, which picks up 43 different nodes from my XML document XmlNodeList amortNodes = amortDoc.SelectNodes("// TValueAmortizationSchedule/AmortizationLine"); each node looks like this: <AmortizationLineType>8</AmortizationLineType> <Date>09/01/2006</Date> <Loan1Amount>100000000</Loan1Amount> <Loan2Amount></Loan2Amount> <Loan3Amount></Loan3Amount> <Payment1Amount></Payment1Amount> <Payment2Amount></Payment2Amount> <Payment3Amount></Payment3Amount> <InterestAc...

DIM variables in an loop
Is it possible to Dim variables in a loop? My objective is to Dim 10 variables with the following naming convention. LON1Col LON2Col ... LON99Col LON100Col Using something like this. For x = 0 To 100 - 1 Dim "LON" & (x+1) & "Col" as Integer Next -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26243 On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:56:54 -0500, cparsons <cparsons.1czs5y@exce...

Change Calendar Time Zone gets stuck
Hi, I've got one user for whom the Change Calendar Time Zone process keeps getting stuck. This is the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e343a233-b9c8-4652-9dd8-ae0f1af62568&DisplayLang=en I've tried it on different workstations, it always gets stuck somewhere in the middle of updating 2300 appointments. We're using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro, SP 2 workstations that are fully patched. Small Business Server 2003 (Exchange Server 2003). Many thanks in advance, Matthew Did you use the official DST patch? -...

Stuck messages
Looks like a lot of people have the same problem of large messages not leaving their mail boxes. Anyone have an answer - it's driving me crazy!! Thanks Corinne Corinne, As an engineer, I have come across this many a times. Some solutions have and some haven't. It seems to be a protocol related issue (between NT kernel and Outlook/IE/OE) Suggestions: 1. Try another SMTP server 2. Increase the server time-out value in your account settings 3. Change the MTU value in registry for adapter http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/280/ 4. Try with Outbound mail scanning disab...

looping
hi. i am trying to loop through the #DIST table for however many track_dates are in the #DATES table, assigning the #DATES.currentrow's track_date to each record. just not sure how to do this. here is my code: DECLARE @intFlag int DECLARE @intCount int SET @intCount = (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM #DATES) SET @intFlag = 1 WHILE (@intFlag < (@intCount + 1)) BEGIN INSERT into #TEST SELECT one, two, three from #TEST SET @intFlag = @intFlag + 1 END thanks in advance, geebee > i am trying to loop through the #DIST table for however many track_dates > a...

Stuck on Call Progress window
I have no idea how it happened but Money no longer performs internet updates, and when I prompt it to perform an update manually, the Call progress window appears and then remains for EVER. It basically locks up Money. I downloaded a trial of Money 2004 and the problem remains. Any ideas? Thanks, Fraser In microsoft.public.money, Fraser wrote: >I have no idea how it happened but Money no longer performs internet >updates, and when I prompt it to perform an update manually, the Call >progress window appears and then remains for EVER. It basically locks up >Money. Is "fo...

stuck in "Starting balance discrepancy" during balancing
Somewhere along the line I did something that triggered Money 2003 Deluxe to tell me my checking account has a starting balance discrepancy. And if I let it make an automatic adjustment, it says it still has a discrepancy. I have a lot of data in the account, so I don't want to start over. I went back to the first bank statement I started with and used the initial balance as the starting balance for the properties, and then rechecked every transaction, and Money won't even let me balance this first statement without hitting the discrepancy message again. Any suggestions? ...

Stuck in the Outbox
In Outook 2003, I created a message w/an attachment that apparently is too large for MSN. It tries and tries to send it, but it constantly craps out because the attachment is too large. Soooooooooooooo... I thougt to myself, "Self, why don't you just delete this message?" No can do... it will not delete, it will not move to another folder, and, if I try to open it, I get an error message that Outlook has already started transmitting this message and it can't be opened (or words to that effect). Does anyone out there have any help for me? Thanks, Tim Tim Daye &...

Stuck in Outbox ?
When I send mail it obviously goes to the outbox then to sent items... I have noticed that when in the outbox it is in italics... Occasssionally I have mail items that are not in italics in the outbox and do not get delivered, they appear to be stuck, however if I open the mail item in the outbox and simply click the send button then the item is then in italics and gets sent... What is going on ? Thanks http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...