Stuck Email

I received this email from one of our employees, and ideas
how to help him (besides telling him to zip the
attachments, too late for that......)

"I attempted to send an e-mail from home that included 36
pictures and 1 word attachment.    It was taking a very
long time to send and when I went to bed it was still
sending.  Now when I open my Outlook Express the message
heading is still in the Outbox folder and it immediately
starts resending the message even though the heading line
indicates that the message was sent on the original send
date.   Regardless of everything I try it continues to try
to resend the message.   Once it starts the
computer "locks up" and I can do nothing but
Control/Alt/Delete and get out of Outlook.   Cannot stop
or delete the message.   Any ideas or suggestions?"

0
gfarmer (2)

This isn't the best place for OE questions, but try this.  Open OE and let
it start sending.  Since he's at home I assume he using his own ISP.  Once
OE opens and starts to send, have him disconnect from his internet
connection, but leave OE open.  After a few minutes he should get a "time
out" error, and then should be able to delete the email and reconnect.

In the future, try OE questions here:
microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac for OE for Macintosh

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

"Gina" <gfarmer@lurgipsi.com> wrote in message
> I received this email from one of our employees, and ideas
> how to help him (besides telling him to zip the
> attachments, too late for that......)
>
> "I attempted to send an e-mail from home that included 36
> pictures and 1 word attachment.    It was taking a very
> long time to send and when I went to bed it was still
> sending.  Now when I open my Outlook Express the message
> heading is still in the Outbox folder and it immediately
> starts resending the message even though the heading line
> indicates that the message was sent on the original send
> date.   Regardless of everything I try it continues to try
> to resend the message.   Once it starts the
> computer "locks up" and I can do nothing but
> Control/Alt/Delete and get out of Outlook.   Cannot stop
> or delete the message.   Any ideas or suggestions?"

0
cj6178 (257)
7/31/2003 1:11:15 PM
Gina bashed at the keyboard and said:

> I received this email from one of our employees, and ideas
> how to help him (besides telling him to zip the
> attachments, too late for that......)
>
> "I attempted to send an e-mail from home that included 36
> pictures and 1 word attachment.    It was taking a very
> long time to send and when I went to bed it was still
> sending.  Now when I open my Outlook Express the message
> heading is still in the Outbox folder and it immediately
> starts resending the message even though the heading line
> indicates that the message was sent on the original send
> date.   Regardless of everything I try it continues to try
> to resend the message.   Once it starts the
> computer "locks up" and I can do nothing but
> Control/Alt/Delete and get out of Outlook.   Cannot stop
> or delete the message.   Any ideas or suggestions?"

Have a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=195922

Also picked this up:

While it's trying to send, disconnect from the internet or unplug your
network cable if on a LAN.  It will time out after a few minutes and you
should be able to delete it then.  Plug the cable back in.

HTH
--
Mcploppy �
{ Remove both MyShoes to email me}

Mcploppy � bashed at the keyboard and said:

> Gina bashed at the keyboard and said:
>
>> I received this email from one of our employees, and ideas
>> how to help him (besides telling him to zip the
>> attachments, too late for that......)
>>
>> "I attempted to send an e-mail from home that included 36
>> pictures and 1 word attachment.    It was taking a very
>> long time to send and when I went to bed it was still
>> sending.  Now when I open my Outlook Express the message
>> heading is still in the Outbox folder and it immediately
>> starts resending the message even though the heading line
>> indicates that the message was sent on the original send
>> date.   Regardless of everything I try it continues to try
>> to resend the message.   Once it starts the
>> computer "locks up" and I can do nothing but
>> Control/Alt/Delete and get out of Outlook.   Cannot stop
>> or delete the message.   Any ideas or suggestions?"

Just realised talking about OE not Outlook.......

Thanks, I had already found out from another gal in our IT=20
Dept that recommended deleting the outbox.dbx and I told=20
the guy, appreciate it though!  gina

kbid=3D195922

>Also picked this up:
>
>While it's trying to send, disconnect from the internet=20
or unplug your
>network cable if on a LAN.  It will time out after a few=20
minutes and you
>should be able to delete it then.  Plug the cable back in.
>
>HTH
>--
>Mcploppy =A9
>{ Remove both MyShoes to email me}
>{ Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
>{ Download Messenger 6 http://tinyurl.com/h7co }
>

>.

0
gfarmer (2)
7/31/2003 2:14:46 PM
Gina bashed at the keyboard and said:

> Thanks, I had already found out from another gal in our IT
> Dept that recommended deleting the outbox.dbx and I told
> the guy, appreciate it though!  gina

<SNIP>

No Problem :-)

Blacked Out Sections in Email
When I type an email that is at least a page long, sections of the email are blacked out and are unreadable. If the view is changed to print, it is readable. I have copied myself on some messages and I can read it when received but not in the web layout when I'm sending. Could this possibly be a virus? I've scanned with Norton. ...

Email delays
We use Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002. I have one user whose messages are delayed getting to Outlook. Message Tracking shows the messages coming into the IS at a certain time; however, they are not delivered to Outlook until several hours later. Any idea? Thanks. Here are a couple of questions for you and some possible things to check: 1) Is it happening to everyone? Do other's messages get delivered but not this users? 2) What SP level are you running on Exchange 2000? 3) Could your antivirus software be delying this user's messages? 4) Are the messages only fro...

Stuck
HI there, Seeing how iam stuck in this area of MSoffice, with no appearant link to other catigories i have to ask my question here concerning MSN explorer. I downloaded explorer 7.02 now i want to uninstall it, yet i cant there is no MSN explorer in my add remove programs, even when i click on show updates. I am running windows xp and there is no folder in widows directory leading me to MSN explorer, as some advice to type comands like : " %windir%\$NtUninstallie7beta2$\spuninst\spuninst.exe." to get rid of it, none of it seems to work at all... PAthetic of Microsoft to stoop to ...

Outlook HTML emails suddenly blank
As of this morning, all HTML emails I receive in Outlook appear blank - I can see the sender, subject etc. but the actual body is just a big empty white box. I tried right-clicking to view source, but I don't get any context menu any more when I right-click. I also tried "save file as..." and saved it as an HTML file - the resulting file is completely empty. This is happening with emails from multiple sources, and I know that they definitely ought to contain some content. It appears that perhaps some DLL which deals with the HTML in Outlook has become corrupted. I have made a...

Email instantly downloading
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hi there, <br> How do you set the mail default in Entourage to instantly download messages when you sign in or open the application? I always have to manually download the email. So proper instruction can be given, can you tell me what version of entourage you are using? How do you have your account configured? Is it Exchange, Imap or POP. <br><br>If it is Exchange, all messages synchronize as soon as the application is opened. POP and IMAP accounts should auto Send/Rece...

email filtering
I loaded office 2007 last Saturday and started using Outlook. All my email from clients and friends are being automatically dumped into the deleted folder instead of the inbox. How do I shut that off? I shut of the junk mail filter already, and that didn't help gonzoturtle <gonzoturtle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I loaded office 2007 last Saturday and started using Outlook. > > All my email from clients and friends are being automatically dumped > into the deleted folder instead of the inbox. > > How do I shut that off? > > I shut of the junk mai...

Adding email addresses in the (To) part of the email
I need help. I just got Windows Mail and I used to have outlook at my old work. In the "To" part of the email, after you type in email address maybe 3 or 4 times they are suppose to be "completed" so you do not have to type in the rest of it. I tried to type in all of my email address 3 or 4 times from my address book. But in all of my new emails now, they do not complete the email address. Tell me how to do it if you understand my question because its a weird one. But please help! Windows Mail auto-completes from a separate list of 29 addresses you type in,...

URL opening a new email
I'm entering the following URL from IE: mailto:me@test.com?cc=him@test.com&subject=this%20is%20a%20subject&body=this%20is%20a%20body&attachment=c:\t.txt This brings up a new Outlook email with To, Cc, Subject, and body filled in. Specifying "&bcc=" also works. Unfortunately, the attachment parameter is ignored. "c:\t.txt" exists. (I'm using Outlook 2003 at work. I've also tried this using Outlook Express.) We've already tried various flavors of quoting and escaping the quotes but using a quote at all causes an error. Is th...

email tracking problems 07-05-06
I have all of my employees outlook set up to track all emails but it seems to only track outgoing not incoming even if there is a token. Am I missing something? Hey, Got the same problem... if you find a way just tell me pls :> thx "John Y" wrote: > I have all of my employees outlook set up to track all emails but it seems to > only track outgoing not incoming even if there is a token. Am I missing > something? Did you run the Rules Deployment Wizard? Incoming emails will only be tracked in CRM if a Server rule is added to the user's mailbox. Go to one o...

UK stuck with old version
This is most probably a pointless question, but here goes. I wondered why that in the UK the latest version is money 2005, where as if you live in the USA you can get money 2007. Is there many new things in money 2007 that are not in money 2005? NIK -- Remove nospam for personal reply if responding via newsgroup. I guess that the cost of converting M2007 to work for the UK was a lot greater than any potential sales! :-( See http://money.mvps.org/product/US/2007/Default.aspx for a list of M2007 features. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http:/...

email notifications #3
How do I set up and "auto reply" for my email to alert others that I am not in the office. In other words, if someone emails me when I am gone for a week, they would receive an auto reply from me simply stating that I am out until XX/XX/XX. Thanks for your help! Scott See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:02be01c3ce54$8fe80c70$a401280a@phx.g...

how to change regarding field from an email
Hello all.. When i send an email regarding a particular LEAD (or regarding anything else) and then the person i sent the email to responds and talks about some other issue say a totally different LEAD CRM already tracks this email and puts in the regarding field the original LEAD i.e. whatever I put as regarding from the original email. I would like to change the regarding field as this is causing HUGE problems for me e.g. I email an AGENT regarding a lead (10 emails back and forth are sent regarding a single LEAD (all the regarding fields are the same as the original email) - GREAT. ...

Can't send an Outlook Email
This the error I receive below... The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject '8 pictures for you', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D I can tell you that SMTP is not your server name and your settings are incorrect. However, I know nothing about Outlook as this is a Windows Mail newsgroup. MS Outlook newsgroups: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook news://msnews.microsoft.com/mi...

How do I print email without the email subject header info?
I cannot find the right way to do this in the help files. I would like to print emails without having the default header that contains the username, from, sent, to, and subject fields. What version of Outlook are you using? Short answer is that you can't. Long answer is that you can but you have to copy/paste that text to Word (or similar app) and print from there. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "Loren" <Loren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7D4EDFA-355...

Exchange and bounce back emails
Hello everyone, I have recently setup an exchange 2003 server. Email seems to be working properly people can send and receive mail. But my client has been driving me nuts. Some users claim that some messages are being bounced back to the originating senders. They are accounts outside of the domain. I am wondering why this is occuring. The ISP is Covad. I'm not sure if there is a pointer record setup on external DNS, but obviously there are MX and A records. Is it possible that Covad is blocking certain domains? Or am I crazy and there is an easy fix to this? Thanks for any he...

Stuck Outbox
I have Vista 64 and periodically I cannot send mail. My antivirus is Trend and I have turned off the e-mail scanning function. Error message is : Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Jessica's Phone Number?', Account: 'pop6.sympatico.ca', Server: 'smtp1.sympatico.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F hay alguien de argentina? "Ken McLean" <KenMcLean@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Tape Stuck in Drive
DPM 2007 refuses to let go of a tape in the drive. If I try to run a “remove tape E/I port” I get following message “Required tape resource is reserved by another task. Wait for the other task to complete, or cancel the ongoing operation. Retry the operation." The problem is that there are no other jobs running. I also tried to reboot the server and tape library but no success. I am able to unload the tape from the drive using the tape drive console but DPM refuse to acknowledge that the tape have been moved out of the drive. We experience exactly this behavior with our DELL...

reply to mass emails
Hi I have a large list of people who have emailed me, and I would like to send a message to all of them with a single message with change of contact details. I have been unable to work out how to do this. I tried copy and paste into excel to get the email addresses, but most of the addresses just show their names not the email address. I can not find a way of showing their proper email address in the field list. Using word 2003, thanks tim > Hi I have a large list of people who have emailed me, and I would like to > send a message to all of them with a single message with chang...

Still receiving email for former employees?
Hi all, Were using Exchange 2003, Server 2003, the problem is that even though the former employees have been removed from exchange, we still receive emails for these ex-employees. Is there a way to keep them from coming in or no? Enable "filter recipients not in AD." http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Sender-Recipient-Filtering.html Nue "jimmy_ray00" <jimmyray00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CE333CD-2FC9-48B8-848C-E828D3A2BE2D@microsoft.com... > Hi all, Were using Exchange 2003, Server 2003, the problem is that even > though the form...

Outlook 2K
Most of the emails that I get from spammers seem to be HTML. But my spam filter (iHateSpam) does not seem to use it's filters correctly when the email is in HTML format. How can I force (HTML) emails to appear in my Outlook 2000 as text ONLY, so that my spam filter will catch most of these spams and delete them ?? Anyone know ? >-----Original Message----- >Most of the emails that I get from spammers seem to be HTML. But my >spam filter (iHateSpam) does not seem to use it's filters correctly >when the email is in HTML format. How can I force (HTML) emails to >appear...

Limit outgoing SMTP email from CRM server?
Is there a way to limit the number of outgoing email from the CRM server, example 20 outgoing mails / hour. // Mats There isn't through Microsoft Crm (well without custom development), there might be a SMTP setting somewhere in the Admin Settings that limits mail volumes. What are you trying to do? -- Kind Regards, Paul McQuillan. "Langer" wrote: > > Is there a way to limit the number of outgoing email from the CRM > server, example 20 outgoing mails / hour. > > // Mats > > ...

Archiving Emails
We were just required to come up with a solution for exchange server that will record every email (headers and content) incoming and outgoing to a file. Is there anyway to achive this from exchange, or do we have to purchase new add-on software? Thank you for your help, - JR jrl@engineer.nu (JR Lomas) wrote: >We were just required to come up with a solution for exchange server >that will record every email (headers and content) incoming and >outgoing to a file. Is there anyway to achive this from exchange, or >do we have to purchase new add-on software? Thank you for your he...

Faulty Outlook email template
A couple days ago my default email template dropped the 'normal' template and substituted 'normal + Web'instead. It consistently runs the previous font and correct size, but, is now in Ivory color - which obvioiusly shows up on screeen as invisible. Plus the spacing accessed with the 'Enter' key switched from 1 line to 2; it is indenting paragraphs, which I don not want and can not correct. When I click 'format' and attempt to simply change font color there is no default box, as there used to be and as there still is within my Word program. The Nor...

Email router 4.0 Outgoing (test access failed)
Hi Can anybody help me email router 4.0 Outgoing. I get the below error when i try to test access but i am able to load the data. Outgoing Status: Failure - An error occurred while checking the connection to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server https://mscrmqa12/MSCRMQA12. The selected Microsoft Dynamics CRM account cannot be authenticated. Please make sure the selected account is a valid account for the specified Microsoft Dynamics CRM organization, or has permission to impersonate other users. The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure ...

large email
We recently had a user send a 200 mb email message to twelve other users. All of the users are within the same email system. None are extrernal. The email slowed down our Exchange 2000 Server with sp3 for 6 hours. The messages were delivered but the email store was delaying other email messages from within the company and outside of the company. The delay for the queued message ran 30 minutes. I am trying to find out if there it is normal for a message this size to slow down and Exchange server for such a long time and also to find out if there is a way to delete the message once it has l...