strange thing happens with oulook 2k, read inside

hi

using win2k,+sp3 and outlook 2000,

if i email direct from a web site, that is click on a web page to send
email. the first one appears to get sent, but if i try again  nothing
happens, and if i then i come of the ie browser andi try to use my
email program (outlook) to send any emails, nothing happens again. the
only way i can resolve this is to re-boot.

then outlook works fine, checked settings ect all seems ok. any ideas
i can try.
ps : ie is configured to use outlook as default email program.

colin

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

Associate contact and read receipt rule
Hi, My Outlook 2007 always asks for a receipt, may I instruct it not to ask for it when e-mailing one specific contact? Thanks for your help. You (or your administrator) would have that set up in Tracking Options. Is it your intent to always request read receipts? You *might* be able to code this into Outlook to exclude one recipient. Check in the Outlook programming group. -- Bill R MVP <eustachio@pirulazio.com> wrote in message news:auqtc3ddlvruhilvgv3kn67j3jrldv7qat@4ax.com... > Hi, > > My Outlook 2007 always asks for a receipt, may I instruct it not to > ask for...

Werid happenings in access
Ok, we have an access program, that works fine with access 2003, but does something werid when we try to run it with of access 2007. Here is the setup; we have a form with 4 buttons on it. The first button is an import button, and it automatically grabs the file and will process as normal. The second button is an archive button, and it will ask you for the date you want to archive and then process as normal. Other buttons are reports and exit buttons, which work fine with both versions. Here is the problem; in access 2003, everything works and functions properly, but not when we op...

Reading Pane #4
I have a user who does not like the way the reading pane displays. He would like the reading pane to display the message will be printed. Is this possible??? Thanks. TJM No... the reading pane display can't be changed to the print view <thos_moran1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1134138206.505361.17910@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a user who does not like the way the reading pane displays. > > He would like the reading pane to display the message will be printed. > > Is this possible??? ...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

Strange Email failure error
Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this very strange failure notice. "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed. Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long." Does anyone know what the hell this means? thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputin...

how to read my messages
Bonjour, j'ai sauvegard=E9 mes messages outlook sur mon disque dur,=20 et j'ai vir=E9 outlook. Est-il possible de lire =E0 nouveau=20 ces fichiers, sans r=E9installer outlook ? Merci (ils apparaissent en .msg) ...

Very Strange
Hi I have a Word 2007 document. In this I am using 3 different heading styles. I want to use the feature 'Select Text with Similar Formatting' but it is not working. I have 5 headings that are all Title Case, size 10, Times New Roman, Left aligned and Bold there is exactly the same formatting applied to all 5 headings - I even checked the paragraph spacing - all headings are 0pt before and 12pt after. I checked show and hide - everything I repeat everything is the same - can you tell me why oh why will this feature only select 3 of my headings and not the 5???? ...

0.5853297 See The Pleasure Inside ... 0.5786935
0.3330229 See The Pleasure Inside ... 0.335614 0.5853297 Now Visit http://www.clicklinknow.com/dating/ 0.5786935 ...

why this strange result with vlookup
hi i have this formula in a cell =VLOOKUP(A3,'LookUp Data'!A2:O740,2,FALSE) but any time i pick a code from my list items in column A it gives #NA but as soon as i change to a different code it gives the name. any help why My best guess would be a data type mismatch. Looking up text in a column of numbers. When you change the value the type gets converted and the result is returned. Hard to say though based on yoru description. The ohter thig to look for might be blank characters padded at the end of the input. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Amin" wrot...

Really works $5 investment read before ignoring
Follow the directions below and in two weeks you'll have up to $20000.00 in your PayPal account. There is a very high rate of participation in the program because of its low investment and high rate of return. Just $5.00 to one person! THAT'S ALL !!! If you are a skeptic and don't think the program will work, I urge you to give it a try anyway! It REALLY WORKS! Why do you think so many people are promoting it LOOK AT IT THIS WAY If the Program is a total failure for you and you never get even $1.00 in return, your total loss will be the $5.00! If you are not yet a paypal member,...

DestroyWindow ASSERT problem....strange, strange!
Hi I have derived a dialog-class in a DLL (shared MFC) I can construct an object of this class in my app, and when overloading DoModal() and adding an AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState( )); call, I can see the CMyDialog dialog. But here is the issue, I have a timer set for a certain time, it posts a message and the dialog has to be killed - so I use CDialog::OnCancel. Then DoModal calls DestroyWindow() - Here a copy of the m_hWnd is made in hWndOrig. #ifdef _DEBUG hWndOrig = m_hWnd; #endif Then m_hWnd gets set to Null by ::DestroyWndow (which calls OnNcDestroy). But later in Dest...

Reading Layout
How can I change my default attachment view from Reading Layout to Print View and use Word as the editor? Reading view is very small (maybe 60% size.) ...

Strange behavior #3
Hello. I use Outlook 2003 with a internal pop/smtp server (Merak). Using Oulook 2003 (it's the case for all users in the company), when we send mails to internal addresses, in the recipient mailbox our address doesn't appear, we are considered as ghost users! But, if on the same PC we use another email client (Outlook express for example), the mail arrives with my address as sender! Does anyone feel a ghostbuster? Thanks by advance. ...

strange Icon
I'm running Office 2007, and always back up my files to a flash drive which I can then open in my laptop. The "Icons" always look normal until today When I backed up an Excel file. The new Icon on the flash drive has a big exclamation mark (!) in the center of it!! I have reviewed the file and can't find anything wrong with it -- have been doing this for years and have never seen this before. Will someone please tell me what this means!! The icon in my "documents and settings", where the file was saved originally is normal. big john This is a cross post wi...

strange
hi, why if I load Dialog from satelite DLL it display with white background? When from local resources its ok. thanks ...

Email accidentally in Calendar--how to read
I accidentally create a rule to route email, from one of my contacts, into my Calendar (of all places). I have four messages in my calendar--I know because I see "Calendar (4)"--but I can't view the email. If I go to my calender, I only see--well, my calendar. I know four emails are there, but how can I view them or move them to my Inbox. Thanks, Kurt either use advanced find to find unread messages or switch to a table view - any group by view works good - then browse for the unread items. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Ho...

Strange problems
All, A standalone Exchange 2003 SP2 server acted up the other day and needed to be restated. After the first reboot it only stayed stable for about 10 minutes. After the second, it's been running but generating the errors listed below. I ran the "Performance Troubleshooting Analyzer" and "Troubleshooting Assistant" tools from Microsoft's websites but didn't get anything that was too useful. Any suggestions? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 3/28/2007 Time: 8:44:43 AM User: N/A C...

Can be Excel 2003 read in Excel 2000?
Hello friends: I would like to know if my Excel 2003 File will be opened without problems in Excel 2000. Must I do some additional step to save it correctly for Excel 2000? Thank you very much, Regards, Patty Hi Patty No, *should* be no issues at all. ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***** ...

Too Strange!!
Today I had a user receive a NEW email from another user in the company (it showed up as a new email message and displayed the new email notification message) - the strange thing is, the email had a sent date that was over a month old. She tells me that she remembers receiving this exact same email on the actual send date which was over a month ago. I checked her inbox - which is in her personal folders and there is only one copy of it which has the sent date from a month ago. I've seen this happen before but could never figure it out. It's almost as if an old email turns up ...

strange problem with ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler
Hi all.. I programmed an application that has a dialog containing a tree ctrl. On that tree ctrl I'm showing a popup menu when user right clicks on it. The problem I'm having is concerning enabling and graying of popup menu items. I have this in BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP: ON_COMMAND(IDM_NUEVO_PRODUCTO_CONSOLA, OnNuevoProductoConsola) ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(IDM_NUEVO_PRODUCTO_CONSOLA, OnUpdateNuevoProductoConsola) The first strange thing is that OnUpdateNuevoProductoConsola handler is being called when I click on the item, and not when the item is shown Another strange thing, is that if I g...

Emailed documents sent as Read-Only
When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? If we email it internally, users on the network can edit it, no problem. Thanks. compsosinc@gmail.com wrote: >When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". >We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? My guess is that they're opening the attachment from the preview/reading pane of the client. Ask them to open the message and /then/ open the attachment. -- Rich Matheisen ...

Read only
When publishing my site to the web Pub wont save, says file is "read only". When I When I change the attribute by clicking "read only" and apply and OK it then reverts back to "read only". How do I change this? Is the file on your hard drive? Have you activated Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8445D765-5E0C-4564-A2F6-4C6E9EE341E2@microsoft.com... > When publishing my site to the web Pub wont ...

Strange color "smudge"
A cell in one of the spreadsheets I've been working on has developed a complexion problem! I noticed this afternoon a small smudge of color one of the cells near the top. The color is whatever I select in the Windows "Appearance" box for 3D objects. It looks like someone drew it with a sharpie or something. Just a short vertical line, about an 1/8 inch long in the lower left of the cell. If I change column widths of the column it's in or nearby, or change row height, it will be in a different column or row but in the same position relative to the overall window the spreadshee...