Strange problem with some contact names / email senders

Hello!

I have a strange Outlook problem which is really annyoing
me at the moment!

I added someone to my contacts but whenever i reply to
their email they're name isn't automatically filled in as
it does with other people's email. Also, if i Create a
New email message, it never auto-completes their name.

(ie if info@babylon-webmaster.fsnet.co.uk is in my
contacts under 'Babylon', sends me an email and i reply
to it "To: " reads "Babylon <info@babylon-
webmaster.fsnet.co.uk>", but for this contact "To:" only
ever displays their email address regardless of the fact
they've entered a sender name too (ie From "their name
here" rather than "their email address here")

I've added other contacts the exact same way and it
worked fine. The person's email i'm having a problem with
is using Lycos mail but i don't think it should really
make any difference.

I've checked the contact information over, tried adding
it manually, yadayade. Actually, any new contact i add
now seems to have the same problem. Typing the first
3 letters of their name or first 3 letters of their email
address, auto complete doesn't show any suggestions
(although the options are on, etc).

Any ideas?

OfficeXP
0
info3897 (2)

receive all external incoming email in one central mailbox
I want to accomplish the following configuration All external, incoming email should b delivered into a Mail Administrator mailbox. This Mail Administrato then distributes the relevant emails internally to the intende recipients. All users should however still be able t [b:b40b95df97]send[/b:b40b95df97] email directly to externa recipients. Further, all internal email should be delivered directl to the intended recipients and should not be routed through the Mai Administrator mailbox Does anyone have any clue how I should do this Thanks in advance for your help ...

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

How do I retrieve Emails stored in .pst format?
I cannot retrieve my Emails archived/stored in My Documents and Settings folder because it is a .pst format. I'm using outlook 2003. Any advise on our I can retrieve appreciated. On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 03:58:00 -0800, Anno <Anno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I cannot retrieve my Emails archived/stored in My Documents and Settings >folder because it is a .pst format. I'm using outlook 2003. Any advise on our >I can retrieve appreciated. Please repost your question in a newsgroup supporting Outlook. This group is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The webp...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

User email routing
Can we setup a routing rules in exchange at user level Lets say, I have a user username@remend.com I want to route any incoming emails like username-1@remend.com, username-2@remend.com etc etc to that username It is possible to create few addresses like these as his secondary smtp address. but if I want to create a policy that any email with username-*@remend.com should automatically go to username@remend.com thanks in advance, -Pankaj - If that's your default SMTP domain, you can simply add additional email addresses in user's properties | Email addresses - like username-1@re...

Problems with sharing a workbook
We've got a weekly accuracy check spreadsheet that's on another drive and accessible to me and another co-worker. Normally, we work on it at different times of the day, but this week we decided to make it accessible to both of us for simultaneous editing. The data was first filtered to hide duplicates, then sorted by Employee ID and Date. I then went to Tools>Share Workbook, checked the box for sharing, and saved the workbook to our "G" drive. Then, the trial run: we both accessed it, I had him color-fill the last row and save. I then saved it on my computer. ...

hyperlink problem
OS is Windows XP Home. I recently switched from AOL to Comcast cable and am using Outlook Express as my e-mail client. When I get an email with a hyperlink, I cannot click on that hyperlink and go directly to the website. I can do nothing but write it down on a piece of paper and go into explorer and type it and go that way. I cannot cut and paste - it won't let me! I have reloaded IE6 with the SP1 updates and am getting the same problem. Any suggestions on what else I can try? Thanks, Sam You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click a Link: h...

Stock quote problem.
Money 2006 Canadian edition. This morning my Canadian stock and exchange traded fund quotes are out by a factor of 1000. Mutual funds and American stocks seem to be correct. Anyone know anything about this? In microsoft.public.money, Wally wrote: >Money 2006 Canadian edition. This morning my Canadian stock and exchange >traded fund quotes are out by a factor of 1000. Mutual funds and American >stocks seem to be correct. Anyone know anything about this? I saw several anomalous high prices when I updated prices earlier. The next time I updated prices, it was down to only 2....

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

downloading email into outlook
has anyone had trouble with popping mail from a web-based email provider like yahoo? although I have POP3 access with yahoo, I use outlook to download my msgs... since I prefer to keep a copy of my msgs on the server, I have selected that option... however, everytime my outlook syncs with my yahoo email acct, it downloads ALL the msgs in my yahoo account, unable to recognize downloaded msgs from the undownloaded msgs... does anyone know anyway to fix this problem? netscape mail (long ago) used to be able to recognize which msgs that it had downloaded, and would only download the n...

Mailbox Manager Policy Problems
I have an Exchange 2000 server with approx 95 users. My organziation recently put an email retention policy into effect and we are using the mailbox manager to delete old mail after 120 days. The problem is that some mailboxes aren't getting touched at all, some are working ok, and others are having one or two folders omitted. We are deleting messages from Sent Items, Inbox, Deleted Items, System Cleanup Folders, and have also checked the All Other Mail Folders. Size is set to any and age is 120 days. Any help will be rewarded with monkeys in clown suits. Thanks in advance... mkfarr...

User Breakpoint problem
I'm using VC++ 6.0. I get a message similar to this one: "User Breakpoint called from code at: 0x77f2706f" I found a description of this problem in the MS Knowledge Base (article 148455), it says that it is a bug in MS VC++ and it has a resolution for it. It tells me to use the following code: CSharedFile file; // Do stuff to fill in the CSharedFile HGLOBAL hGlob = file.Detach(); #if _MFC_VER <= 0x0600 ::GlobalUnlock(hGlob); #endif But this is done with MFCs, and I am NOT using MFCs and I have never even heard of the CSharedFile class. Can anyone t...

Interesting Rule Problem and "on other computer"
I pulled my old .pst into a clean installation of Outlook 2003. I then saw that my rules were there, and downloaded my mail. No where to be found. I saw them come in (over 1000 mails!) - but they were not in the inbox, not anywhere. I even did a search for emails that were newer than yesterday, and nothing popped up. Then, later, I realized that the rules were set to something like "other computer" or something like that. That designation was removed when I went in and edited each and every rule and made sure that all items were pointing to the right places. The strange thing was...

Excel Problem
Last night Excel started messing up on my computer. Dell Computer about 6 years old. Windows XP Pro, MS Office 2002. Open a spreadsheet, Excel opens to a blank spreadsheet and then says it has encountered an error and shuts down. Error appears to be something about a kernel 32.dll (not sure). Tried detect and repair, safe mode, nothing works. Does it from a file open, shortcut or program launch. Need some advice. Google is your friend http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=kernel32.dll&aq=3&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=kernel&gs_rfai= -- Don ...

Problem with sum across worksheets
Hi, I have several applications where I keep monthly data on tabbed worksheets, labled Jan07, Feb07, Mar07... I also add a worksheet I usually call RangeEnd that acts to stop sums for ranges. It has been my practice to make a year end worksheet that would have the same shape data structure and place in each cell the formula "=sum(Jan07:RangeEnd!A1)" and copy it into all the appropriate cells for which I want summed data. This seems to work just fine so long as the sells I am summing are not themselves sums. For example, if cell C1 holds a value, say 10. The C1 cell in th...

controlling send/receive of two email addresses
How do I limit or control which email address (user) sends and receives at any given time? On 10/22/2003 8:07 PM, Allan wrote: > How do I limit or control which email address (user) > sends and receives at any given time? In Outlook 2003, go to Tools -> Send/Receive -> Send/Receive Settings -> Define Send/Receive Groups. Hope that helps. Alex -- -( Alex Yu | Systms Admintr | Multmd Devlpr | AEM | RPI | MSFT MVP )- ...

Strange Email failure error
Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this very strange failure notice. "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed. Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long." Does anyone know what the hell this means? thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputin...

how to name many columns
how do you name a column to extend over several columns in excel? just select the columns and put a name in the NAME box next to the formula box -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "ben" <ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D949A09-DB62-426C-BEF3-04C12A7C5FA3@microsoft.com... > how do you name a column to extend over several columns in excel? Hi Ben I read your question slightly differently to Don, who gave you a method of creating a named range. I interpreted you request as wanting to e...

Exchange Incoming Email Limits
Someone was trying to send me some PowerPoints which were very large files around 3 MB. We are a company with Five people running exchange 2003 standard edition. How can we change the incoming file attachment limitation or email size for all of us, so that we can receive the email directly? Right now, I had to use my hotmail account to receive the email. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. This article will show you where they can be modified. The default limit is 10MB so someone must have lowered the limit. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322679/ Nue "saw" ...

Automatic morning email
Hi, I have searched through rules and settings in my outlook to do this and I just can't find anything to do the following: Simply put; I want my outlook to send a good morning email to a number of people automatically at 8am every week day.. Am I going simple? I can 't find anything to do this Bob -- clearview92 Ye gads, if I was the recepient of such a msg the sender would likely be added to my blocked senders list "clearview92" <clearview92.52f75f6@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:clearview92.52f75f6@outlookbanter.com... > > Hi, &g...

Bitmap problem
Hi, I create a bitmap in ms photo editor. I then import this bitmap as a new bitmap resource. MSVC6 says "the bitmap has been imported correctly, but because it contains more than 256 colours, it cannot be displayed in the editor". Thats fine, but when i run my application showing the bitmap, the colours are all screwed up. Can I only display 256 colours? Then I save my original bitmap in 256 colour format, re-import, but the colours are still screwed up? What am i doing wrong? How are you showing the bitmap in your program? A lot can happen to the colors depending on how you sh...

Multiple duplicate email messages
I'm getting the same messages delivered over and over again. I'm on a POP3 account. Can anyone help? Dan, Go to your email provider's website, log on to your email account and delete. It sounds like it is stuck or corrupt Cheers "Dan Fulton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0afa01c498d7$59d79df0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm getting the same messages delivered over and over > again. I'm on a POP3 account. Can anyone help? ...

Pivot Table External Data % Problem
Hi All, I have the following scenario: This is happening in both Excel 2003 & Excel 2007 using XP. I am accessing an external data source though ODBC. There is one table with Account Number, Date, Month, Amount. There is another table with Account Number, Account Name. I join the two tables using MS Query during the Pivot Table Wizard steps. I then create the Pivot Table with Account # & Account Name as Row Labels, Month as Column Labels, and Amount as the Data. Everything works fine, the Amounts for each month are summed and show up under the correct Month for each Account, for e...

Exmerge Problems
I have migrated all mailboxes from an Exchange 2000 Server to Exchange 2003. I have restored an IS to a Recovery Storage Group. I am trying to use the exmerge tool to pull out one user's information only. I continue to fail on the Exmerge with the "Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and that you have the correct permissions to log on. (0x8004011d)" error. I have verified that my account is not denied in any form or fasion, I have permissions everywhere, and the IS is running. In fact, I am able to co...

Functions & Tab Names
My question is simple. Does anyone out here know of a function that returns the name of a specific TAB in a workbook? I only know of a trick formula that will return the value of the sheet the formula is entered into: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,256) What did you have in mind? How would you envision this function working? What are your requirements? -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB (www.MadRocketScientist.com) Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you. "...