Strange error message in Outlook 2000 - Error while aging store

I have a user getting "Error while aging store "Mailbox - person name"" when
they try to run the archive function of Outlook 2000.  I've looked several
places, but have found no solutions.

Please help
John Desselle

outlook authentication
outlook authentication domain environment problem is we have a workgroup (not on domain) of 20 machines and also have exchange accounts and ntuser accounts. after migrating from exchange 5.5 to 2000 all users must authenticate with username domain name and password. Before this was not the case even though machines are not on domain. If you don't have cached credentials to access the domain (resulting from a login to it), it makes perfect sense that you'll be asked for them when trying to access an Exchange mailbox. I don't know why it was working for you before, because it sh...

default which Calendar to view when Outlook opens
Hello, In Outlook 2003 (Office 2003 Pro), is there a way to default which Calendar opens when Outlook opens. For example, if I wanted a Group Calendar (Public Folder) to open as the default Calendar when Outlook opens. Thanks, Mark Denver Outlook only offers folders available in your mailbox or personal folders for display when opening Outlook. Public folders or Group Calendars are not available. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will b...

Outlook 2000 SP3 gives alerts while sending mails using COM Addin
Hi, I have writtern an COM Addin which sends mails to a specified receipient on exiting outlook. The application was working fine until i put SP3 on outlook 2000. From then on, on outlook exit, it started prompting users that "A Program is trying to send a mail. Do you want to allow the program to send mail?" Sameway when i open mail box using com addin, it again alerts telling A Program is trying to accesses your mails. Do you want to allow the program to access mail?" Is there anyway, where in i can by pass this alerts ??? I'm using Outlook 2000 and SP3. Thank...

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

Receiving email in outlook 2007
Trying to send/receive, send works fine but can not receive any emails. Receiving error 0x800ccc0f the connection to the server was interrepted. the server responded - ERR concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded (pass:20,processes:Rps.exe[20]), there is a collision with another program. I checked all settings and they seem fine. Anyone else getting this message or know what I should do. Thanks for you help. Mark wrote: > Trying to send/receive, send works fine but can not receive any emails. > Receiving error 0x800ccc0f the connection to the server was interr...

Outlook sending problem
How can I resolve this problem: Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <xxxsrv1.xxx.int #4.4.7> ...

Outlook Express #312
Is there a newsgroup for Outlook Express? Davis I found it. Davis ================================== "Davis Howard" <davis.howard@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:nLe3k.62436$SV4.38425@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Is there a newsgroup for Outlook Express? > > Davis > Where is it? >On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 19:03:42 GMT, "Davis Howard" <no-spam@worldnet.att.net> wrote: >I found it. > >Davis >================================== >"Davis Howard" <davis.howard@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message &g...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

how to read my messages
Bonjour, j'ai sauvegard=E9 mes messages outlook sur mon disque dur,=20 et j'ai vir=E9 outlook. Est-il possible de lire =E0 nouveau=20 ces fichiers, sans r=E9installer outlook ? Merci (ils apparaissent en .msg) ...

Outlook Shortcuts Not working
Hi All, This one might just be an easy one for you guys. I have a fresh install of Outlook and the only way I can start it is by going to start --> Run --> Outlook. If I use any shortcuts or even doubleclick the outlook.exe file nothing happens Any help would be appreciated Tks Rog "Hi All, This one might just be an easy one for you guys. I have a fresh install of Outlook and the only way I can start it is by going to start --> Run --> Outlook. If I use any shortcuts or even doubleclick the outlook.exe file nothing happens Any help would be appreciated Tks" ...

Very Strange
Hi I have a Word 2007 document. In this I am using 3 different heading styles. I want to use the feature 'Select Text with Similar Formatting' but it is not working. I have 5 headings that are all Title Case, size 10, Times New Roman, Left aligned and Bold there is exactly the same formatting applied to all 5 headings - I even checked the paragraph spacing - all headings are 0pt before and 12pt after. I checked show and hide - everything I repeat everything is the same - can you tell me why oh why will this feature only select 3 of my headings and not the 5???? ...

Where can I get upgrade from Outlook 97 to Outlook 2000
I want to upgrade, but Microsoft's site gives no place to do so. Is there some way to do this? I would pay, if it were a reasonable and reliable price. You can't buy OL2000 anymore. You can buy OL2003, and probably also OL2002 - not sure if there's an upgrade price anymore. John Stewart wrote: > I want to upgrade, but Microsoft's site gives no place to > do so. Is there some way to do this? I would pay, if it > were a reasonable and reliable price. John Stewart <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to upgrade, but Microsoft's si...

Outlook Connection problems (smtp/pop3)
I have 4 computers here in front of me. Every computer has the same settings for POP3 accounts. They all have the same smtp and pop3 server. Same username and password. Three computers send/get email. The 4th doesn't. Everytime I do a test msg, it fails to find or connect to the smtp and/or pop3 server. What gives? All the computers have identical settings - how can 3 work, but one doesn't? (yes, they all have reliable internet connections). Are their some funky settings in the registry and I can remove and just rebuild the settings in Outlook on the bad computer? I did ...

Multiple copies of email messages
I've read some of the other posts on this problem, but nothing I've tried seems to work. Here's the background. I'm using Outlook 2000 (SP-3). I have 3 different email accounts with comcast that I have forwarded to my Outlook. If some sends an email to any one of those account, I end up getting 3 copies of it in my inbox ... all to the same one of my email addresses. I know this isn't a problem with Comcast, because when I look at my messages on their server, there's only one copy of each. So I figure it must have something to do with the Rules ... but w...

Changing GAL view in Outlook 2003
I have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 clients. I want to add and remove some of the default fields when opening the GAL in Outlook > (tools/ Address Book). The default fields are: Name; Business Phone; Title; Company; Alias; E-mail type; E-mail Address. I want to add Home Phone and Mobile phone (fields that are already in AD) to this list and I want to remove the fields: E-mail Type and E- mail Address. I know I can view it if I double click on the person but I want to be able to view all at once instead of wasting time opening each one. TIA AFAIK, the GAL is not configurable....

why this strange result with vlookup
hi i have this formula in a cell =VLOOKUP(A3,'LookUp Data'!A2:O740,2,FALSE) but any time i pick a code from my list items in column A it gives #NA but as soon as i change to a different code it gives the name. any help why My best guess would be a data type mismatch. Looking up text in a column of numbers. When you change the value the type gets converted and the result is returned. Hard to say though based on yoru description. The ohter thig to look for might be blank characters padded at the end of the input. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Amin" wrot...

message
Hi I can;t type in word because i keep getting this message - how do I unlock the typing in word? If you have already activated Office, your Office 2007 trial has finished. Time to buy the program. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Leslie" <Leslie@...

Problem with MS Outlook
Just updated from Office 2000 Pro to XP in our business office. When the individual went to use his Microsoft Outlook he was unable to use any of the shortcuts (Calendar, Tasks, Drafts, Outbox, Sent Items, Journal, etc.) on the Outlook Bar. Instead of viewing anything he got the following message: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists." What happened during the upgrade??? He really used some of these shortcuts and would like to have that ability again. What can I do to get them...

Add Default Text to Forwarded Messages?
Hi All, I'm wondering if I can configure an Outlook profile such that it will automatically add text as the first line in the body when forwarding messages. I review messages that are delivered to the Exchange Admin account by our spam filtering software and occasionally have to forward false positives. From time to time, recipients of the forwarded messages Reply, unaware that they are replying to the Exchange Admin as opposed to the original sender. Adding the text might help to eliminate this issue. I'm using Outlook 2K and Exchange Server 2003. Thanks & Ciao, Tony ...

Outlook 2010 Inbox and Sent
In Outlook 2010 I'd like the inbox and sent boxe to open with messages sorted by Today, Yesterday, Last Week, etc. Currently I'm having to go to Search and select each time catagory separately. I want boxes to open already sorted. Then you'll have to disable the Conversation view on the View tab and sort by Date instead. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- &q...

Outlook prints in large font only
Hello All, I'm using outlook 2007 with Hosted exchange. When ever I print a schedule in my calendar, the font comes out larger then what originally shows on the screen. For instance, I know the font size in my calendar is 10 or 12pt but the font size on printouts is 2-3 times bigger. Not sure what setting controls this but any help of guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance for any help. kind regards, -mike Under Help, do a search for the word font. Several responses come back with changing font size. -- Don Vancouver, USA "MikeG" <mtech22@ymail.c...

DestroyWindow ASSERT problem....strange, strange!
Hi I have derived a dialog-class in a DLL (shared MFC) I can construct an object of this class in my app, and when overloading DoModal() and adding an AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState( )); call, I can see the CMyDialog dialog. But here is the issue, I have a timer set for a certain time, it posts a message and the dialog has to be killed - so I use CDialog::OnCancel. Then DoModal calls DestroyWindow() - Here a copy of the m_hWnd is made in hWndOrig. #ifdef _DEBUG hWndOrig = m_hWnd; #endif Then m_hWnd gets set to Null by ::DestroyWndow (which calls OnNcDestroy). But later in Dest...

Closing Outlook 2000 #3
After closing Outlook on some computers at our company, Outlook appears to close but the Outlook spash logo hangs on the screen and never clears. And if you look at Task manager, Outloook is still running, and running.... Has anyone seen this, and is there a fix for it? Thanks Do the computers that have this problem share Outlook folders with other users? We have many people who share their calendars and that seems to cause the same problem with us. I think I've seen mention of this problem on Microsoft's site but can't remember where or what it said. We can still usual...

Old out of office message being sent
I have a growing problem where my users Out of Office is sending an old message out. They have gone in and edited the message, saved it, then turned on OOO, then bamm. The old message appears and is sent. I know you can try and use the cleanrules swicth as well as try and edit it via OWA. My question is why is this happening? We recenly migrated to XP and used the Outlook migration wizard. Could have casued this? My cusotmer is driving me crazy wanting to know why. Thanks in advance On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:59:01 -0800, Luco <Luco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...