Strange Email failure error

Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to
send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this
very strange failure notice.

"Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed.

Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections.
Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the
queue too long."

Does anyone know what the hell this means?

thanks

--
Google is your Friend
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

0
me9 (928)

213.2.49.230 has no reverse DNS entry; some mail servers may not accept your
mail
--
Roady
www.sparnaaij.net

-----

Roady wrote:
> 213.2.49.230 has no reverse DNS entry; some mail servers may not
> accept your mail
>
> -----
> "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been
>> able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week,
>> when I get this very strange failure notice.
>>
>> "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed.
>>
>> Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new
>> connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this
>> message has been in the queue too long."
>>

>> Does anyone know what the hell this means?
>>

>> thanks
>>

>> --
>> Google is your Friend
>> Email address deliberately false to avoid spam:
>> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
>> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

That's interesting - this has only just started in the last week and I've
been using the same ISP and email address for months!
How do I fix it?

--
Google is your Friend
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

0
me9 (928)
10/10/2003 7:24:47 AM
I don't think you can. The one owning the domain with IP 213.2.49.230 (I
obviously couldn't resolve it) should contact his/her ISP to make sure all
the entries are correct. Then of course you'll need to wait a couple of days
before the recoreds are synchronised throughout the world.

--
Roady
www.sparnaaij.net

-----
> Roady wrote:
> > 213.2.49.230 has no reverse DNS entry; some mail servers may not
> > accept your mail
> >
> > -----
> > "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message
> >> Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been
> >> able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week,
> >> when I get this very strange failure notice.
> >>
> >> "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed.
> >>
> >> Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new
> >> connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this
> >> message has been in the queue too long."
> >>

> >> Does anyone know what the hell this means?
> >>

> >> thanks
> >>

> >> --
> >> Google is your Friend
> >> Email address deliberately false to avoid spam:
> >> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
> >> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
>
> That's interesting - this has only just started in the last week and I've
> been using the same ISP and email address for months!
> How do I fix it?
>
> --
> Google is your Friend
> Email address deliberately false to avoid spam:
> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

> not accepting new connections

probably means it's swamped with swen or is otherwise overloaded. Try again
at a later time. If it continues, contact the provider.

I see this error often with myrealbox accounts - it's especially bad
throughout the US working hours and improves overnight.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"Gordon Burgess-Parker" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able
> send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get
this
> very strange failure notice.
>
> "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed.
>
> Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new
connections.
> Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the
> queue too long."
>

> Does anyone know what the hell this means?
>

> thanks
>

> --
> Google is your Friend
> Email address deliberately false to avoid spam:
> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

0
dianenws (1904)

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

receive all external incoming email in one central mailbox
I want to accomplish the following configuration All external, incoming email should b delivered into a Mail Administrator mailbox. This Mail Administrato then distributes the relevant emails internally to the intende recipients. All users should however still be able t [b:b40b95df97]send[/b:b40b95df97] email directly to externa recipients. Further, all internal email should be delivered directl to the intended recipients and should not be routed through the Mai Administrator mailbox Does anyone have any clue how I should do this Thanks in advance for your help ...

Email User has old data in it
This is a very odd incident. We have a user that when their name shows up in Outlook, they have another user's name in parentheses beside their name. The other user is someone who was here temporarily over 5 years ago. I have looked in Active Directory using ADSI and advanced view of all properties of this user account and cannot see why this old additional data is showing up. It also shows up in the backup selections in Veritas for Exchange. This must be some corruption when the system was migrated from NT 4.0 to 2000 or from Exchange 5.5 to 2000 years ago? Does anyone know wh...

How do I retrieve Emails stored in .pst format?
I cannot retrieve my Emails archived/stored in My Documents and Settings folder because it is a .pst format. I'm using outlook 2003. Any advise on our I can retrieve appreciated. On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 03:58:00 -0800, Anno <Anno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I cannot retrieve my Emails archived/stored in My Documents and Settings >folder because it is a .pst format. I'm using outlook 2003. Any advise on our >I can retrieve appreciated. Please repost your question in a newsgroup supporting Outlook. This group is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The webp...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

error during Archive in Outlook 2003
Hello, Currently we use Outlook for archival of mail, looking to get a network archival to manage mailboxes across the LAN. I have Outlook 2003 set for the default archival --- run every 14 days. For people that don't need to retain mail the archival deletes mail greater than 6 months. Others that need mail retention, anything over 6 months in the mailbox is archived to a server on my LAN. I know MS does not support pst files over a network --- but I can not rely on the users to archive/manage their mailbox, and --- the pst files must be backed up, can't sit on thei...

email header
I opened my inventory and it popped up with a email header that it never has had before and I can't get rid of the stupid think. It is tryingo to email it to my accountant for some reason and I don't know what made it decide it wanted to do that???????? How do I get rid of the email screen, there is no close button for an option. -- cookindutch File|Send To|toggle Mail Recipient (it's "checked" now, if you look really, really close.) cookindutch wrote: > > I opened my inventory and it popped up with a email header that it never has had before and I can't g...

User email routing
Can we setup a routing rules in exchange at user level Lets say, I have a user username@remend.com I want to route any incoming emails like username-1@remend.com, username-2@remend.com etc etc to that username It is possible to create few addresses like these as his secondary smtp address. but if I want to create a policy that any email with username-*@remend.com should automatically go to username@remend.com thanks in advance, -Pankaj - If that's your default SMTP domain, you can simply add additional email addresses in user's properties | Email addresses - like username-1@re...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

Strange Email failure error
Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this very strange failure notice. "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed. Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long." Does anyone know what the hell this means? thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputin...

controlling send/receive of two email addresses
How do I limit or control which email address (user) sends and receives at any given time? On 10/22/2003 8:07 PM, Allan wrote: > How do I limit or control which email address (user) > sends and receives at any given time? In Outlook 2003, go to Tools -> Send/Receive -> Send/Receive Settings -> Define Send/Receive Groups. Hope that helps. Alex -- -( Alex Yu | Systms Admintr | Multmd Devlpr | AEM | RPI | MSFT MVP )- ...

Very Strange
Hi I have a Word 2007 document. In this I am using 3 different heading styles. I want to use the feature 'Select Text with Similar Formatting' but it is not working. I have 5 headings that are all Title Case, size 10, Times New Roman, Left aligned and Bold there is exactly the same formatting applied to all 5 headings - I even checked the paragraph spacing - all headings are 0pt before and 12pt after. I checked show and hide - everything I repeat everything is the same - can you tell me why oh why will this feature only select 3 of my headings and not the 5???? ...

a compile error for reverse_iterator

Error message in Excel after exporting Access query to Excel
Hello, I have a few queries in Access that I have been exporting to Excel, and never had any problems for 7 months...until last week. Each Access query is not big, 5 columns, 2-50 rows. Excel file exporting to is about 500kb, not big either. Last week I exported queries from Access without any error messages. However when I tried to open Excel, it says Excel file I am trying to open encountered serious issues last time it was opened, then asked me if I want to report to Microsoft. It did not matter whether I said yes or no to this question, the question box kept coming up for a few ...

Change user email address for outbound emails
I have a recipient policy that sets up email addresses based on the user name. One of the users has a name with an ' (apostrophe). Many people can't send emails to addresses that contain an apostrophe. Because of this I need to change her email address without changing her name in Active Directory. I just added a new SMTP address in the user properties and set the new address to primary and then unchecked "Auto update based on Recipient Policy". Is this the best way to address this issue. Works for me. "Colin" <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wro...

Sending email with a set subject from a specific mailbox
Hi, Thanks a lot in advance for reading and any sort of help on this. I have several mailboxs in outlook and when I send an email I set the "From" field to one of these mailboxes. For a particular one of these mailboxes, I have to make sure the subject line contains this text: "Category/Cat=E9gorie : PROTECTED A/PROT=C9G=C9 A" for all new and reply messages for that particular mailbox. Is there anyway to check for this (rules/macro/any other way) and if it is not there add it to the subject line before sending it out? Any help or direction is highly appreciated. Thanks,...

HttpException error code
Hi guy, Anyone have a list of error code who return by HttpException.ErrorCode property? Anyone say ho means error code -2147467259? I need to intercept when post size it' major than 4Mb.. request are too large. thanks a lot Rick FR wrote: > Hi guy, > Anyone have a list of error code who return by HttpException.ErrorCode > property? > Anyone say ho means error code -2147467259? In hex, that's 0x80004005, and it looks like a Windows "HRESULT" to me. You can often get a formatted string in .NET for HRESULT values by calling Marshal.GetExcept...

viewing users emails
Hello i am admin of exchange 2k and i want to know how i can viewing users email from exchange or when a user send or recieve a email a copy of them forward to admin? thanks Use the archiving feature in exchange. You can set archiving to send all emails to one account, under the mailbox policy setting. Then I reccomend you make the account a pop3 account, so that it will not overload your exchange server with extra data. "kiarash" wrote: > Hello > i am admin of exchange 2k > and i want to know how i can viewing users email from exchange or when a > user send or rec...

How to check why emails are not getting to particular domain?
How could i check why emails from my exchange server is not being received by a particular domain.? On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:25:01 -0800, RonaldDaven <RonaldDaven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How could i check why emails from my exchange server is not being received by >a particular domain.? If you're not getting a NDR then it's up to their admin folks to figure that out. If you /are/ getting a NDR the reason's in there. --- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP Thank You. This is more of a theoretical question. I am not getting a bounce back a...

why this strange result with vlookup
hi i have this formula in a cell =VLOOKUP(A3,'LookUp Data'!A2:O740,2,FALSE) but any time i pick a code from my list items in column A it gives #NA but as soon as i change to a different code it gives the name. any help why My best guess would be a data type mismatch. Looking up text in a column of numbers. When you change the value the type gets converted and the result is returned. Hard to say though based on yoru description. The ohter thig to look for might be blank characters padded at the end of the input. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Amin" wrot...

saving a list of email addresses in *.wab
I have managed to delete a list of names from my address book (in Outlook). I've got the names from an old email and have saved the list both in Word and Excel but neither will let me save it in *.wab which I believe will let me transfer it into the address book.I'm using Windows XP. Any help most gratefully received. I think if you save them to a .CSV file (file|saveAs has that option), you can import to the addressbook. Back up your addressbook first--just in case! veronica wrote: > > I have managed to delete a list of names from my address > book (in Outlook). I&...

Finding Archieved Emails
I have clicked to accept achived/copmpact emails and can no longer find some of my old emails. Please can you tell me where they are stored on my PC and how to access them again. I am on Vista with Windows mail. Many thanks, -- Paul Windows Mail keeps the raw message files in the following directory: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Local Folders\... =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:8...

deleting email #2
I can delete email from one identity in outlook express but cannot in the other identity. This only happen sometimes and other times it works fine. Any suggestions? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bb2801c437e2$2542ae00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I can delete email from one identity in outlook express > but cannot in the other identity. This only happen > sometimes and other times it works fine. Any suggestions? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate progra...

transport my emails from thunderbird to outlook
I want to bring my mail - ffolders, address book - across from thunderbird "ks" <ks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42EE46C1-1082-4999-B52A-FB60ECA0CD39@microsoft.com... >I want to bring my mail - ffolders, address book - across from thunderbird > On what operating system? ...

Email to case
It would be very helpful if CRM could promote an incoming email to a case automatically. Scenario: Customer sends an email to support@company.com and CRM creates a case automatically without user intervention. This would help our company to cut costs because now we have to buy that plugin vom c360 which costs additional 35$ per CRM user. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this l...