Stopping Emails being composed with a Blank Subject Field

Dear Readers

I would like to make it impossible to send an email without first completing
the Subject Field. I need this work in all versions of Outlook my
girlfriend's organisation uses mainly Outlook 2002...

The other week my girlfriend got repremanded for sending a mass email to
people without a subject heading. A simple forgivable mistake than any user
could make, and hardly a hanging offense. My responses was - well, if its
company policy not to have blank subject headings - then they should encode
this as part of their Outlook/Exchange deployment.

I know why around Exchange/Outlook but I wouldn't discribe myself as a
guru - but I figure it must be common request/need - and was suprised to
find no simple/clear/quick/easy method to do this...

I think I know away of doing this through custom forms, forms admin, and
replacing the default imp.note template with a customised form - but this is
quite intrusive - and even using the registry importing feature - is still a
per machine/per user setting...

There must be simplier way - do you know one?

Yours
Mike

How to automatically send a CC: email
Hi, Is it possible to configure Exchage server 2003 to automatically send a CC: copy to a mail recipient everytime an email is sent from someones mailbox? In other words, the manager would like to receive a copy of all emails sent by one of his employees. I know this can be done through rules in outlook, but I wish to perform this function from exchage for a group of users. Thanks in Advance ...

Stop automatically sending meeting requests.
Hi, I've currently got an issue with the calendar. For some unknown reason every time I get a meeting request, my manager also gets one. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to stop it? Thanks, J. And just to clarify, I have removed his name from the delegates tab and the shared calendar. Could it be something to do with his settings? Any pointers would be welcome. Thanks, Paul. it was because he was a delegate. How long ago did you make the change? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? ht...

Will un- & reinstalling Outlook'03 delete email & addresses?
I've been plagued with an Outlook problem for about a month. Settings are right. Test email works fine. All other internet related programs are fine. But Outlook gives me a "send/receive error" message as fast as I can hit "Send/Receive". If I keep it open just to check contacts or calendar it always crashes within 10 to 60 minutes. If I start it in safe mode it seems to work all right. I reinstalled and it worked for 30 minutes and then did the same thing. If I Uninstall first, and then Reinstall, will it help? Will I lose my contacts and emails? Help! Find...

sending email #16
Hi, Since i installed IE7 I have been having trouble with sending emails. I use outlook from office 2003. Receiving is OK and I can create the message OK but it just sits in the outbox and does not respond to the send command. Help please. ErnieH ...

Changing a custom field length
We have created a custom section and there is a field (in that custom section) whose length has to be changed from 100 to 500 of nvarchar datatype, but the interface does not allow more than 100 for nvarchar. I couldnt modify the format of textbox to textarea as it is disabled nor i can change the datatype to another datatype. can anybody please help me with this?? Affy Unfortunately you'll have to recreate the field, as you can neither increse the length of a text field nor change it's format after it's been created. Then there's a question of what to do with any existing...

Printing only non-blank rows
Hi all, 1) Is there a command I can use or a macro code so that I only print non-blank rows? 2) Similar problem: is there a command or macro so that I only print rows that do not contain error values? Thanks for any ideas Matthew --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ An alternative to VBA is to apply an Advanced Filter and filter for those rows that only contain data. Try this: 1. An empty cell below your data (say E100), put: =COUNTA(2:2)>0 where row 2 is the 1st row of data and row 1 = headers. 2. Select your data and go to Data > Filter > Advanced F...

Opening LInks in Email
I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an email. Can this feature be activated? TIA Eric Aloha ecm, Probably. We need a lot more information about your setup to tell you how, though. To start with What version of Outlook are you using? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an > email. Can this feature be activated? > > TIA > Eri I'm using ver 6 Outlook Express. ...

cant send emails to gmail accounts
if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. it goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never receive it? any help greatly appreciated "maryandliam" <maryandliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E11EF0A0-CDE5-46F4-A0FD-979144D1590D@microsoft.com... > if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. > it > goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never > receive it? any help greatly appreciated If Outlook moves the message to S...

Field lookup query question
Access 2003. I have two tables. Master and IssuePart. Each table has a report number (Master.OA) that ties all this together. I wanted to make the Master table perform a lookup by matching the report number in IssuePart and bringup a listbox. But the query won't cooperate. I can manually enter a report number and get the results I want, but as soon as I try to change the criteria to the Master report number field name, it chokes with syntaxs errors and such. Here's the SQL the Builder produces. SELECT IssueData.[Part Number], IssueData.[Serial Number] FROM IssueData WHERE ((ISS...

How can i stop same data being repeated in a column
I have a list of contract numbers relating to application numbers or payments. they are in the format nnnnnnan or nnnnnnpn. The columns are fixed to this format only. If they are entered with the a or p in the wrong place or if they have been left out completely an error message will appear to alert the user. I want to know how to alert the user if they enter an application or a payment number that has already been entered. ie if they enter 022079a4 but that same application has been entered else where in the column. Hope you can help Ru Hello See Chip Pearson's http://www.cpearson....

How do I create an email template?
Running Office 2007 Professional. I think that's what you would call it. I am looking for work and have a Word file that I use as a cover letter. Right now I have to open Word and copy and paste into the email. So what I would like is to open in Outlook an email to send that already has that Word doc in it and then I would just do a little editing and send it off. It would be really cool if I could create an icon for it and put it in the toolbar. I hope I have been clear with my needs and thanks for your time if you have a solution. They tell you how here: http://office.m...

how to use Field codes in Excel
Hi, I am facing a problem in using custom property values in excel worksheet. Here is my requirement. I want to display the Version No in the footer. how to do the same using custom properties. I have used field codes in Word but could not find the same in excel. Can you pls help ASAP "Radhika" wrote... >I am facing a problem in using custom property values in >excel worksheet. Here is my requirement. I want to >display the Version No in the footer. how to do the same >using custom properties. I have used field codes in Word >but could not find the s...

Microsoft Office Word has stopped working 02-03-10
Please help find a fix - Using Microsoft 7 on new Dell XPS 9000 super fast computer...Often when I try to open a Word Doc or start a new one I get "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working; Microsoft is checking for a soluttion" message and later a red circle with a white X "There was a problem sending the command to the program." Sometimes everything works fine, more often it doesn't. Sometimes if I double click I can open a document; sometimes I need to click and then click OPEN to get to the doc and sometimes neither works. I've tried reinstalling....

Where are email account settings stored?
I am using MSOutlook 2002 with a local *.pst file for email storage. Does anyone know where are EMAIL ACCOUNT settings are stored? It's in the registry. Windows NT-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ Windows 9x-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post yo...

Archiving emails #4
When I archive my "sent" emails, I am not able to sort them by who they were sent to. All of them show up as to me. All of my other archived email works well. I am trying to clean up my C drive on my computer. Thanks for the hlep. Double check the view on the folder to make sure that it is set to "Sent To". (e.g. Under Outlook 2007, it is View > Arrange By > Sent To) "pgandeb" <pgandeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A63EF027-DB32-4D06-B8C7-45FD2399D6E6@microsoft.com... > When I archive my "sent" emails, I am...

Cannot open document in email because it needs excel. How do I d.
I have inbound email that will not open attachment becausse it is on excel. How do I open this document? Fredd Assuming you do not have Excel installed. Download and install the Excel Viewer from.... http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx You will be able to view and print Excel worksheets. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:04:04 -0800, "fred" <fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have inbound email that will not open attachment becausse it is on excel. >How do I open this document? fred wrote: > I have inbound email that...

outlook contacts & mail merge subject
Hi, 2 Questions: - After performing a mail merge an activity is added to the recipients included in the mail merge, the subject is set to "Microsoft Mail Merge...". Can you alter this subject for each mail merge, so you can specify more detailed information in the subject line. Altering the subject for each contact/lead/account individually is too much work. - If you create a crm contact from outlook, a contact record is created both in outlook and in crm. But when migrating contacts from another db with the cdf tables this will only create contacts in crm. I want to create ...

Email activation
I have been using outlook express for my email program. i am buying a new compuer and won't, I am told, be able to use it anymore. I have tried shifting to Outlook, but when I try to send an email, I get a message that says something about "No Transport Porvider". I am using Office 2000 and am on cable with comcast. Any help would be much appreciated. gg wrote: > I have been using outlook express for my email program. i am buying a new > compuer and won't, I am told, be able to use it anymore. I have tried > shifting to Outlook, but when I try to send a...

Sum Product Function- Blank Cells
I am working with the sum production function & I can't figure out how to get the function to return a blank cell with no data is in the specified cell. Here is the function I'm using. SUMPRODUCT((A2:A450=A7)*(B1:BG1=B6)*(B2:BG450)) Column A2- includes ID #'s, while row 1 includes dates. The data set (B2-B45) has some blank cells, & I want it to return a blank, & not a 0, however some cells have a 0, and I want the 0 to be returned. I feel I'm missing something really obvious. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Josh If you want the formu...

emails won't get delivered outside of network
My emails lock up Outlook 2000 when trying to send out of the network. Intra-network emails still work. I still receive emails from outside. But emails get stuck in my Outbox. I can only delete the emnails by ogging off the network, retarting the computer and deleting the message. Please give me your thoughts, Thanks ...

Update field in Entity A when Entity B is saved
Hi I have created two custom entities and I would like to be able to do the following: When a date is added to a field on Entity B and Entity B is then saved I want to update a date field on Entity A (with the date that was entered on Entity B plus a year) Is this possible? Thanks Hi quest One way of doing this is by using callouts. You can write an Update callout for Entity. Within this you can create athe object of Entity A and update it as required. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic....

Transferring email account from Outlook Express to Outlook
I have transferred by main BT email account from OE to Outlook with no difficulty. However, a subsidiary account that I use will not be accessed. I have added it to the accounts list and checked all settings. I have removed it from Outlook Express. When I run the Test Account option, all seems well, but when I send a message to myself at that account it appears to send successfully, but cannot be received. Any suggestions? What SMTP server are you sending through? Primary or secondary? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

field references in forms
If I have a form "myform" with recordsource "mytable" and the table contains a field called "id," I can reference the current value of that field in expressions used for controls in the form by myform.id. This is true even when there is no control bound to mytable.ID on the form. I can "print" the value of myform.id in the debug immediate window. If I try the same thing for a form whose record source is a query, ? myform.id produces an error. Why the difference? And a corollary question: what's the most efficient way to test the ...

Sender Accepted Email going to Spam folder
All of a sudden a daily confirmation email has been sent to the spam folder. I am a new user of Outlook and I'm having trouble finding what I need to do. Right click on it, select Junk and add the sender's address to the safe list. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM ...

Incoming Emails #2
Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? No, you can go to TOOLS, then SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and then DEFINE SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and in the box's shown, you can tell Outlook to automatically send or receive your messages every XX mins. Tedd -- Tedd Riggs PDASquare Content Developer www.pdasquire.com "wj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88174331-72B4-4ECF-B688-DF745D9178EF@microsoft.com... > Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? T...