stop duplicate mail

Using Outlook 2000, have two profiles setup, both getting mail from a POP3
server and then saved to .pst file.
I have one profile I use in the office and one while out of the office.
The profile I use out of the office I have  the 'leave on server' checked,
the obvious reason is I have no way to back up while out of office.
Annoyingly when I return to the office and start outlook with my office
profile, it downloads all the messages again, this seems sensible enough as
I have checked the box, is there a setting so that I do not re-download
messages already in my inbox ??

Thanks.

0
dlogan1 (1)

I doubt it.  I'm no expert, but here's my take.
Different profiles are intended to be for different users,
not the same user with different settings.

You'd probably be better served to simply use one profile
only, and change the setting so that you ALWAYS leave the
mail on the server, with a hold time of maybe 7 days
(longer if you're away from the office for extended
periods).  That way you don't need to switch profiles and
you're always backed up for a week.

If you need to clear your mailbox on the server sooner,
you can change it to fewer days, but unless you are
receiving large attachments that's unlikely.

Doug Curry
Houston, Texas

0
gdcurry (2)

How to choose which account to send mail
Hi there, Outlook 2003 I have 2 complete different accounts on my Outlook; one for work and the other private. How do I choose which account to use when sending mail. Sometimes I send e- mails from my private account and other times from my work account. Your advice will be much appreciated. -- Regards, Deon H On Feb 7, 11:07 am, Deon <REMOVEd...@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote: HI, Before sending the mail u can check in program "Application..Session.CurrentUser.Address" which will return the mail- id of the current configured account.(which is activated). May be this is yo...

Problem accessing Mail Store...
I have a unique problem I hope someone has an answer to. We currently have four Exchange servers in our environment; 2 Front –End’s and 2 Back-End’s all in the same Administrative Group. I RDP into the servers to run routine administrative chores, and up until about two months ago I could access the mail store of any of the server from the Exchange 2003 System Manager on my Windows XP Pro workstation. Recently, I am unable to communicate with the mail store on one of the back-end servers, unless I log into the server itself. Even if I log into one of the other Exchange servers, I ...

CRM4 Client und E.-Mail Security!
Hi all, we have a problem with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4 and Office 2007. The Client must have E.-Mail Security with Certificates for E.-Mail Kryptographie. When a E.-Mail send with Signatur or Kryptografie, then kill outlook 2007 with an error of CRM Client Program. Have any Ideas for the Solution. Thanks Peter. ...

Cannot turn Leads into Contacts, Duplicate error
We cannot convert leads to contacts and are getting duplicate errors. There are no duplicates. We are running 4.0 rollup 11. And we get this error everytime we try on CRM server: Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: 1309 Date: 8/3/2010 Time: 2:35:01 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM-APP Description: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 8/3/2010 2:35:01 PM Event time (UTC): 8/3/2010 7:35:01 PM Event ID: 19b210ef795f42129b2af3d7b447c2bc Event sequence: 157 Eve...

Installed Exch2007 into existing 2003 site, cant send mail
I installed an Exchange 2007 server into our domain. This server is meant to be a test server. It created a different routing group for itself. It seemed to propogate all the correct settings for the connectors and our DMZ smart hosts, yet, on the test account I created, I cannot send email to either internal users on Exchange 2003 or to the Internet. -- "Technology also allows us to get very angry and abusive with people who can't punch us in the nose at that very minute." Scott Adams ...

stops responding

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

OUTGOING MASS MAILINGS
We have Outlook 2003 with Windows XP (all running with all the latest patches). We use Act! version 6.0 to generate mailing lists which we use to send out monthly newsletters. Act builds the messages and sends them to Outlook's 'Drafts" folder. Oulook then proceeds to send out the emails. We send out groups of 100 emails at a time (since Act can't handle more than 120 mass emails in this manner) until we have generated emails for all of our 1200 contacts. We always wait for all the messages to be sent out so the Outbox folder is empty when we start generating ...

Windows mail cannot be opened...
Ok I too am getting the error of Windows mail cannot be opened, (out of memory/ disk full) click ok and the 2nd popup appears.... "Windows mail couldn't be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized..... Ok have read many of the posts, so let me say this before Gary puts in his usual "It's your Antivirus" comment.... I run NIS (Norton internet security) I do manual updates and haven't in the last 2 days/ I have not down loaded and MS updates (I do those manually as well) Nothing has changed on my PC, yet today I started getting the same err...

Duplicate numbers
I am doing a copy and paste with phone numbers on my spreadsheet. I then manually have to search for duplicates. I there a way that excel can do that for me? Also, When I copy phone numbers, I must copy one number, go to spreadsheet and paste. Back & forth. Is there a way to highlight and copy all of the numbers I need on the page in one shot and then paste to my spreadsheet? Can't scroll down because they are far apart from eachother. Hope someone can help. kbkst -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200602/1 try using the autof...

new e-mail
???????????,??????? ???? ? ? ?: ????@???? ????: whitehorse@myway.com ????: ????@???? ????????????? | ???? ...

Expanding a distrobution List in a new mail
Hi All, I have Outlook 2003 and some of my users who try and send a mail to a DL are unable to expand the list because there is not a '+' sign next to it. I can do this on my client. where is the setting for this? I have been unable to find it. The real reason we are trying to do this is because we need to print these lists some times. Thanks in advance. Dave There is no such setting. All DL's in Outlook 2003 have this option by default. Corrupt ones will not, and most DL's are corrupt by the time you get around to using them--especially if they were created in an earli...

Sending Direct E-Mail to Multiple Recipients
Does anyone know why a direct send of e-mail (CRM 4.0) would not work when sending to multiple recipients? I can send to one person at a time and the mail is sent with the activity created, however, two or more produces no emails or activities. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! We have been stuck on this one for quite some time. On Apr 23, 7:54=A0am, lhill1...@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone know why a direct send of e-mail (CRM 4.0) would not work > when sending to multiple recipients? =A0I can send to one person at a > time and the mail is sent with the activity created, how...

recipient policy stopped working

Changing the Password for the Mail Services Account
Is there an issues with doing this on an exchange 5.5 server. I think not, but figure I would ask first. Thanks, SRG Actually, yes there are issues. In addition to changing the password from within User Manager, you would also need to change the password on all of the Exchange Services in the Services applet (Control Panel, Services) as they run under the context of that user account, and also in Exchange Admin on the properties of the Configuration container, Service Account Password tab. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "SRG" <mlaufer@srg.com> wrote in message news:ae...

sending mails from 2 accounts
I have outlook 2003 and I use two different email accounts on it. I want to set up the system so that I HAVE to chose which account the mail is going from everytime I send an email. Presently I have a default address and I risk forgetting and sending emails with the wrong account. Can anyone help me set up Outlook to avoid this problem? As far as I know, there is no way to do what you're asking. Outlook 2003 will always try to send via the default account for new messages, and via the receiving account for replies and forwards. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages s...

E-mail deletion in Outlook
When I read a new e-mail and close it after reading, it disappears completely. My operating system is Windows XP Professional. Any ideas? It's probably just hidden. Check View | Current View -- is it set to "Unread messages"? If so, that explains the problem -- when you reply to a message, it becomes "read" and so it disappears when an "unread messages" view is set. Change the view back to Messages and your hidden messages should reappear. Also, make sure you're not sorting your Inbox on the Icon column, which can also appear to hide messages. -...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

Creating e-mail style newsletter
I currently have a very nicely laid out newsletter done in Publisher 2002. I am familiar with HTML and CSS; plus have Studio MX. I know that I can save my newletter as a Web Page but this creates a lot of excess coding. What would be the best way to go about this process? Yes, the newsletter will be in HTML & CSS (no javascript) and have one image that is 600x171. The image is used as a logo. I seperated the Publisher's name and publication info, so the image isn't critical. -- Sincerely, Barry Brindisi Web: http://www.shorevineyard.com http://www.bethberakah.c...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

Stopping a Campaign Temporarily
Hi, My client has executed the campaign in Jan 1st 2006 and the end date is Dec 31st 2006. But he wants to stop the campaign temporarily from 15th July 2006 and again start it from 1st Aug 2006. So what is that I need to do for this thing, i have never come across this kind of situation before. Thanks in advance. Regards, Shabbir. ...

Would you stop for a moment?!
Excuse me!! Would you stop for a moment?! O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ? Who has made it? Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?! Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?! It's you and the whole universe!.. Who has made them all ?!! You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him. Just think for a moment. How are you going to be after death ?! Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in in nothing...just after death! Have you thought, for a second, How to save you...