STMP ERROR HELP

Hi,
I set up a bt wireless network, I use BT as my email provider but my partner
uses dircon. I am trying to get the dircon email to go through outlook xp on
our notebook.  I had this set up a couple of years ago but recently
formatted and reinstalled the software on the notebook but can't remember
how I did it.  It's receiving email but will not send.  I've tried setting
up the STMP address as BT's and Dircon's but neither work.  Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Alex

0
klex1 (4)

are you authenticating with the outgoing mail server?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Alex" <klex1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I set up a bt wireless network, I use BT as my email provider but my
> partner uses dircon. I am trying to get the dircon email to go through
> outlook xp on our notebook.  I had this set up a couple of years ago but
> recently formatted and reinstalled the software on the notebook but can't
> remember how I did it.  It's receiving email but will not send.  I've
> tried setting up the STMP address as BT's and Dircon's but neither work.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

0
outlookmvp (5838)

scale to page error in Excel 2007
somehow something has changed in my Excel 2007 setup where my "fit to scale" does not work appropriately. When I choose print preview, the preview screen changes to a very small preview and my document is a few thousand pages. This document used to print fine on one page. Even on my other computer it prints fine. The funny thing is, when I change it back to 100% scale the preview is large again but still cuts off a few columns. I must have changed some setting that I need to reset but cannot find it. Any help is appreciated. Have you checked your setting of print ...

IIF function help in query
Hello, I have the following field in the query to look at a field PartDesc, if any of the text have a *BUSH* word, return yes, otherwise no. BUSH: IIF(PartDesc= Like *BUSH*, "yes","no") Why the Like *BUSH* not working? Thanks Because = and LIKE are two operators, a little bit like: 4 * / 3 would mean what (multiply followed by divide)? Probably better to remove the =, in this case: BUSH: IIF(PartDesc Like *BUSH*, "yes","no") Vanderghast, Access MVP "Cam" <Cam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Formula Help Needed #3
I'm creating a volunteer list for a nonprofit group I belong to. I've been experminting with counta, dcountf, countif, ect...., but no luck yet. On the first worksheet I have all of the volunteer's names, phone number's, ect... Columns are the catagories and the rows are the volunteers. There is a series of four columns representing shifts. The column immediately following the shift columns indicates which work area of the event they have volunteered for. This column is validated and has a drop down list of predetermined choices. Currently I'm trying to create a table l...

Help. Log files are killing me. Exchange 2000
I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have another empty 36GIG drive. I did not realize that log files take so much space. I only 3 GIG of free space left. 1. How can I move the log files to my empty drive? 2. How can I delete these files w/o any problem on Exchange? I mean almost 20GIG of log files in one day. Give me a break. 3. Is there a way to do that automatically. Thanks, On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:19:49 -0400, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have >ano...

Help needed to run macro
Argh!!! I think I may have created a macro to resolve an earlier problem, but when I try to run it I get... 'Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified. To run the macros, you can either have them signed or change your security level.' How can I get my macros to run on my machine, where they are created, without compromising security? I've found and run selfcert.exe but it hasn't made any difference. Do I need to do anything else to make this effective? I'm a novice at this so step ...

Need Help With GP Item Pricing
GP ITEM PRICING I need to use “Bucket Pricing” for items in GP. For example below is the pricing schedule that I need to use. First 20 …………….$ 1.75 Next 280 ……………… 1.36 Next 700 ……………… 1.23 Next 2,000 ……………… 1.09 Over 3,000 ……………… .82 So if I had a Qty. of 350 it would be as follows 20 * 1.75 = 35 280 * 1.36 = 380.80 50 * 1.23 = 61.50 Total : $477.30 In GP I can only set it up to do a “Quantity Range” in the Item Price List Maintenance window. Problem is if I set it up that way and enter a quantity of 350 it will default to the $1.23 ...

Help with macro looping and color query function
I have been struggling to get a macro together to perform some tricky coloring functions. With the kind help of a number of people in the 'Excel Worksheet Forum' I have got close to achieving something which works but need help to get the macro to run. Here is where I have got to: The following is an example macro, kindly provided to me by Paul who has been helping me in the worksheet forum: Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 19/05/2005 ' ' mycell = Range("A1").Value mycolor = Range("C1").Value Sheets("Sheet2...

ask help for DLL Export Library Definition File
Hello, guys! I got a problem when I build an MFC App which call a MFC Extension DLL that has implemented some API, but I don't know where is the problem, in DLL, in dll def file or in MFC App? the API like this: ___________________________________________________ head file extern "C" AFX_EXT_API long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ); cpp file extern "C" long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ) {....} and its def file like this: __...

Syntax Error In ALTER TABLE Command
I would like to change the data type of a column of integers to date/time format. I'm using this command in a MS Access 2003 macro RunSQL -> ALTER TABLE ExpTable MODIFY Activation_DT DATETIME. I have chosen No for the Use Transaction parameter. I've "Googled" the Internet for a resolution, but am having some difficulties finding my way out of this error. Would anyone have a suggestion? Many thanks, Kenny Vick kenny_vick@playstation.sony.com In news:33C0F407-9BA8-4377-A9E8-D7AE76F96895@microsoft.com, Kenny Vick <Kenny Vick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Help! Extract the subject of all mails in outlook to a text file
How can I extract the information, such as subject, sender, time of all the mails in my Inbox into a text file? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Switch to a table view that contains all the fields you need the information from, select all items, and press CTRL+C to copy. You should be able to paste the data in columns into a text file. Note that not all available fields will copy in this manner, but the ones you mentioned should work. -- Jocelyn Fior...

Need Help With Formula #3
I'm trying to set up a formula using values on one worksheet to sum up values on a second worksheet. The first worksheet has these 3 columns, A, B and C where A has these team/unit numbers (often repeating), B has one of 5 text values, while C has a yes or no value aka "accepted" or "rejected". Referring to sheet one, on the second sheet, one formula sums up all the times that a team/unit has a value in B other than " ". The second formula sums up all the times that a team/unit has "Accepted" in column C. I haven't been able to figure this o...

SMTP Error 452 4.3.1 Out of memory in Exchange Server 2000
After a successful Disaster Recovery of a Exchange 2000 Server (which is a Windows Domain Controller) - I installed Win 2000 Server + SP4, Exchange 2000 + SP3 and the Exchange Backup I get this strange error when I try to TELNET servername 25 and send the MAIL FROM:myself@mydomain.com 452 4.3.1 Out of memory The SMTP Service throws this error, but I can't find any hint in the event log. There is plenty of space on all disks and the permissions on "vsi 1" folders are also correct. Maybe an important hint: Prior to do the test, I installed the Trendmicro Client Server Messaging ...

#REF! errors due to number of rows
Hello, I hope this problem description makes sense. If not, I can try again. I have a spreadsheet that imports data from a csv file. I've set up a button to refresh the data from the csv file. The spreadsheet uses columns A thru BS and then hides many of the columns to give an "Inventory Report". This report shows columns like Item, Description, Bin Location, On Hand, Cost, Last Sales, etc. The spreadsheet then creates a final column titled "Extension" which is Cost x On Hand. This final column, Extension, is a calculation and not imported from the csv file. At t...

Error when trying to create reports
I am getting an error: There has been an error reading or writing the file '.' Anyone know how to fix this? In microsoft.public.money, Peggy wrote: >I am getting an error: There has been an error reading >or writing the file '.' > >Anyone know how to fix this? See if any of these resembles your situation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281865&Product=mny http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185848&Product=mny http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321085&Product=mny Thank you, Cal!!...

RPC Error
When attempting to run the executable, I get the following error message... "A system componant, RPC, required by Outlook to connect to the e-mail server, is not configured properly." I checked the RPC services and everything appears to be running fine. This error is coming up on many of my clone machines. Any ideas? Hi, first when i read this i think "Trojaner or Virus" Please check for it. Cause the Loveson kill the RPC Service. >-----Original Message----- >When attempting to run the executable, I get the >following error message... "A system c...

how to prevent zero error message for logarithmic plots
Somewhere in a very large file, there is a zero placed in a logarithmic plot. Everytime I use the file I get the repeated error message that this problem exists. Unless Excel can show me where in this 35000 line sheet the problem exists, I dont want to repeatedly get this message. It effectively prevents me from using the file. Simply do a find (Ctrl+F) Look for "0" Under options, look at values, and match entire cell contents. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "jlrosner" wrote: > Somewhere in a very large file...

error when reinstalling XP Pro
thHi, I have a Dell Latitude D620. That was having some issues with ethernet and wireless connections. Nothing really found as fas as malware or viruses, without updates of course. I tried to do a windows repair from the XP CD and right when it shows starting windows to choose repair or install windows I get a blue screen with the error... PCI.SYS-address F76130BF base at F76000000 Date stamp 3B7D855C. I tried a few times and even set the BIOS to minimal. Then I pulled the hard drive out and connected to another laptop using a usb cradle, formated the drive and put it back in th...

Formula Help #58
I can't seem to remeber how to do this simple formula... I know that 661.2 is 11% of X number. How do I figure out what the total of X is? Thanks! -- babz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ babz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27810 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473177 Hi, maybe X=661.2/11*100 J -- pinmaste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

ask for help for RegQueryValueEx in Window me
Hello, guys! I got a problem when I try to use RegQueryValueEx in Windows me, and return value is ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER but same code run prefectly in Windows 2000. PHKEY hLocalKey; LPCTSTR lpSubKey= "SOFTWARE\\PassThruSupport\\Vendor1\\Devices\\Device1\\"; LONG KK=RegOpenKeyEx( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, lpSubKey, 0, KEY_ALL_ACCESS , hLocalKey ); lpValueName="COM Port"; *lpType=REG_SZ; LONG JJ=RegQueryValueEx( *hLocalKey, lpValueName, NULL, lpType, lpData, lpcbData ); ...

Need help for multiple entries
Hi I want to be able to put say the letter A in column A-1 but want a formula that wil also put the same letter A in like 6 more times for instance B-2, C-3, D-4, E-5,F-6,G-7. All with just the one entry in A-1. Thanks Karl Karl Put this formula in all the cells you want to match your input cell. In this case A1. =A1 Now when you enter anything into A1 it will show up in all cells that have your formula Mike Rogers "Karl" wrote: > Hi I want to be able to put say the letter A in column A-1 but want a formula > that wil also put the same letter A in...

Outlook 2002 Error 0x80042109
I am unable to send or receive messages. Having spoken to my service provider at length (1 hour)- Blueyonder, it has been established that there is nothing wrong with the server, or the account and the other PC networked with mine can send and receive messages (it has Outlook 2000). My Webmail works. Triple checked the Norton anti-virus set up. No problems there. Finally advised, as last resort, to consult Microsoft. How do I resolve this? Thanks Caroline ...

Permissions error when offline
Hello - I have a user who when he goes offline with his CRM data he cannot access some parts of the CRM system. So he has all of his Contacts, Accounts, Leads, Opportunities, etc. synced. When he is offline, he can go into Contacts and Leads no problem. When he goes into Accounts or Opportunities, he gets an error that states, the 'the user either does not have access or does not have permissions'. This user does have permissions/security to these areas. He can view them just fine when working online. Any ideas? I'm having the same issue with one user. Has anyone fou...

Strange error message
Using Excel 2002. When I save the workbook (has many formulas and macros) I get this message: "Your formula contains an invlaid external reference to a worksheet. Verify that the pathe, workbook and range name or cell reference are correct and try again." OK I press OK and it saves. The workbook operates OK otherwise. How can I find the "invalid external reference" Glen Glen, I hope this works...first time on here, looking for a formula for "between" anyhow... you have copied some formulas which have references to cells in ther workbooks - they are li...

Need some help with excel spreadsheet...
I'm running excel 2003 on a winxp pro machine. I have a spreadsheet with the following information. Cust Number, Cust Name, Inv Num, Inv Date, Description, Amount There are many invocices per customer number. The date appears as 1YYMMDD. There are a couple of things I would like to Change. I want to change the date to MMDDYY format. I want to add the amount on the invoices and have the following per customer numnber: Cust Number, Cust Name and a Total amount from the invoice amount. Instead of having one 5 lines for 5 invoices for 1 customer number I want to have 1 customer number an a ...

Error #8270 #2
Hello, everyone. O need some real help here... Here is my case: We have Win2003 network (one forest, 2 domains A & B) with Exchange 2003 running. Under domain B, we setup ca. 25 child domains. We have setup Exchange server 2003 for domain A (but rarely used). We have also setup Exchange 2003 for domain B where everybody'd email reside in. They are all under same organization name. Starting sometime ago, I noticed constant error message, event 8270 from domain B's Excahnge server application log: Source: MSExchangeAL Event ID 8270 Category: LDAP operations Description: LDAP ...