Stationary Templates

Hi All,

I have a client who just called me about her Outlook 2007. She intends to
create a mass email with HTML content, which was provided to her by her
webdesigner. Now, she asked me how to do this. In order to be able to
recreate her scenario, she sent me her HTML and image files. I checked in my
Outlook 2007, and behold, realised that in the TOOLS - OPTIONS - MEIL
FORMAT - STATIONERY AND FONTS section, the Theme tabs are greyed out, and it
says that the Themes are not installed. So, I went back into Office Setup,
and changed the settings to run everything from the local computer. Still,
after rebooting the PC, and re-launching Outlook 2007, it is still the
same - greyed out. What gives. How can we create a customised email layout
in Outlook 2007. Naturally, I have searched the web for possible answers.
But, there is only a plethora of a lot of different things, but, none of
them addresses this issue.

I am very grateful for any constructive help here. Thanks.

Henry

0
Henry

For a single message, the easiest way would be to copy and paste from the
HTML page into the Outlook email editor.

If you really want stationery (which is not necessary for your scenario),
copy the HTML file to the user's Stationery folder on their hard drive. See
http://turtleflock-ol2007.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!C1013F1F9A99E3D8!230.entry
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Henry" <henry@bb.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a client who just called me about her Outlook 2007. She intends to
> create a mass email with HTML content, which was provided to her by her
> webdesigner. Now, she asked me how to do this. In order to be able to
> recreate her scenario, she sent me her HTML and image files. I checked in
> my Outlook 2007, and behold, realised that in the TOOLS - OPTIONS - MEIL
> FORMAT - STATIONERY AND FONTS section, the Theme tabs are greyed out, and
> it says that the Themes are not installed. So, I went back into Office
> Setup, and changed the settings to run everything from the local computer.
> Still, after rebooting the PC, and re-launching Outlook 2007, it is still
> the same - greyed out. What gives. How can we create a customised email
> layout in Outlook 2007. Naturally, I have searched the web for possible
> answers. But, there is only a plethora of a lot of different things, but,
> none of them addresses this issue.
>
> I am very grateful for any constructive help here. Thanks.
>
> Henry

0
Sue
11/12/2009 10:30:43 PM
did you install outlook separate from the office or are they different
versions? Themes is unavailable when an individual copy of outlook is
installed.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a client who just called me about her Outlook 2007. She intends to
> create a mass email with HTML content, which was provided to her by her
> webdesigner. Now, she asked me how to do this. In order to be able to
> recreate her scenario, she sent me her HTML and image files. I checked in
> my Outlook 2007, and behold, realised that in the TOOLS - OPTIONS - MEIL
> FORMAT - STATIONERY AND FONTS section, the Theme tabs are greyed out, and
> it says that the Themes are not installed. So, I went back into Office
> Setup, and changed the settings to run everything from the local computer.
> Still, after rebooting the PC, and re-launching Outlook 2007, it is still
> the same - greyed out. What gives. How can we create a customised email
> layout in Outlook 2007. Naturally, I have searched the web for possible
> answers. But, there is only a plethora of a lot of different things, but,
> none of them addresses this issue.
>
> I am very grateful for any constructive help here. Thanks.
>
> Henry

0
Diane

quarterly calendar templates
Are there any calendar templates that show 3 months on one page, portrait style? Probably not. Create a 12 month calendar from the wizard. The Pixel style is a good example. Copy just the calendar, paste it into a new publication, right-click the calendar, click format table, size tab, give it a 3 x 4 inch size. With a .5 top and bottom margin, this size will fit three to a page, you can insert the month labels off to the side. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "H. S. Teacher Robb" <H. S. Teacher Robb@di...

Attaching a specific template
When I open a document that I have created in Word 2003 and saved as Word 2007, Word 2003 does not load the template attached to the document. Instead it attaches a temporary template (C:\Documents and Settings\jhamil04.OFFICE\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\5CB8A5E.dot). There is code in the AutoOpen macro to attach the correct template but it doesn't seem to get to it anymore. This is a new development. It used to work and the template loads when I open files created by others. I've done a Detect and Repair, recreated the template, checked my setti...

Is there a template for pennents?
I need to print some triangular shaped pennents. Is there a Template? I think you're on your own with this one. You could create something and then submit it to Microsoft to include in the Community Templates section of Microsoft.com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Walt111" <Walt111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56DEBB04-A5A2-4349-A147-11709BC881A5@microsoft.com... >I need to print some triangular shaped pennents. Is there a Template? ...

Stationary
Is it possible to use Outlook Express Stationary for MS Outlook? Outlook Express has so many more to choose from. Yes, just add them to your stationery folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives and finding no answer, Connie <leleigh_valley@cfaith.com> asked: | Is it possible to use Outlook Express Stationary for MS | Outlook? Outlook Express has so many more to choose from. ...

design templates
Once I download a new design template (Letterhead), how do I make it available to all new documents. Currently, I can use the new template for one document. However, when I import any data, it disappears. Then, when I go to choose a publication design, the template is not available. How can I make new/downloaded design templates available from the publication designs window? Are you asking about those from the Office web site? Once the download is complete, save as... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Char...

contract templates
Settings – templates – contract templates What if I want to create sales contract with free text (like e-mail template) ...

Playing Card Template
Does anyone have a template for making playing cards or know of any software that has one? I could probably create one, but not sure I want to reinvent any wheel already in existence. Lw Jackson wrote: > Does anyone have a template for making playing cards or know of any > software that has one? > > I could probably create one, but not sure I want to reinvent any wheel > already in existence. =========================== The older MS Picture It! Publishing programs and the newer MS Digital Image Pro and MS Digital Image Suite programs have templates for playing cards. Th...

Workflow Rules and E-Mail Templates
We'd like to send an e-mail to a specific mailbox every time an account or contact is created that includes the data fields from the object. Is there any way to e-mail the data fields through workflow without using an e-mail template? I'm asking because when you use an e-mail template, the recipient field is disabled in the workflow (which makes no sense why it disables the field). I know I can use a post-URL action, but that's a lot of work to just send an e-mail with the data fields. Thanks, Roy There is an unsupported/undocumented method of adding dynamic data to em...

Briefpapier / stationary
In outlook i have used different stationaries for the background of my mail. But in WLM it shows the names but when I select one it will not appear on preview and will not be added in the mail. But some are working but they are the standard of Microsoft. Could you and other users help us! Kind regards from a snowy and cold Netherlands ...

why is my resume template in Spanish?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to do an assignment for my computer class at school and I need to make a resume. The resume templates are all in Spanish which is so annoying, I have went to >word>preferences and fixed the custom dictionaries or whatever and changed them to English but the templates are still in Spanish...help please? :( thanks! The templates only provide 'placeholder to indicate where *your* content is supposed to go & what type of content is expected where. Select the placeholder content & ty...

Email Default Template
Hi, Ive created an email template which appears every time i click the new email button - however every time I send an email it asks me if I want to save the template. Is there any way to stop this happening ? Thanks, Leon ...

I am trying to find a template for Ready Index 12-tab
I can find the ready index for 5-tab, 8-tab and 10-tab but not 12. Can anyone suggest something? Most Avery products come with instructions for creating a custom label definition if there is not one built in. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "DJP" <DJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58226841-1631-456F-82CA-9F0C2F45B2A6@microsoft.com... >I can find the ready index for 5-tab, 8-tab and 10-tab but not 12. Can > anyone suggest something? > Can download from...

templates
where can I find a basic template for simple monthly income and expenditure Browse through the Office Template Gallery http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/default.asp Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 08:21:01 -0700, patcaessr <patcaessr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >where can I find a basic template for simple monthly income and expenditure ...

Where are the workgroup templates in Word 2007
I have just upgraded one of our PCs from Word 2003 on XP to Word 2007 on Win 7 and I really am regretting it ! We have about 100 templates, in 4 folders, that are used by everyone in our workgroup. With Word 2003 these are set as the workgroup templates, and I have a little icon on the toolbar with SendKeys "%2" Dialogs(wdDialogFileNew).Show as a macro behind it which opens the templates so we can see the listing of templates (the List view). In Word 2003 it all has been working fine for years, but in Word 2007 it seems not possible to have the same ? Is it possible in ...

E-mail template HELP!?!?
Hi all, Had a look but couldn't find anything on this. We have many clients that type an e-mail to a client and then insert their signature, which then removes the subject of the e-mail and inputs the subject of the template. They without remembering to re-do the subject of the e-mail, after inserting the template, send the e-mail with "user signature" in the subject. They dont want it to remove/change the subject of the e-mail when inserting the signature template. Does anyone have any ideas or know how to fix this? Thanks, Nathan ...

New stationary
A tech person helped me implement new stationary last evening. Now when I create new eMail the lines of text seem double spaced. This did NOT happen before. What can be done to correct this? "topcat" <topcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0137B540-FDA3-4062-BA83-21C15878A173@microsoft.com... >A tech person helped me implement new stationary last evening. Now when I > create new eMail the lines of text seem double spaced. This did NOT happen > before. What can be done to correct this? No need to ask the same question multiple time...

Templates for publisher?
Where can I find a selection of restaurant menu templates for publisher?? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Search for "menu". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "kimii1" <kimii1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:966DD0D0-FA0B-4E4B-A999-636A05DFC3A5@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a selection of restaurant menu templates for publisher?? >-----Original Message----- >Where can I find a selection of restaurant menu templates for publisher?? >. > Try here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templa...

Stationary
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there's a way to use clipart in Word for stationary in Outlook. Thanks! ...

no stationary preview
The preview won't display for only one user. Using version 2009. Also, I can't tell from the program listing which is windows live mail so that I can reinstall it. WLM will be in the Windows Live Essentials folder . . . . "Steve Hoover" <Steve Hoover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24CCF297-1AED-4996-BD7C-CCCA6C10FF12@microsoft.com... > The preview won't display for only one user. Using version 2009. Also, I > can't tell from the program listing which is windows live mail so that I > can > reinstall it. XP Con...

Line Colours on Template Not Used
I have a .NET project that updates XML data in an Excel template. The template contains several charts. I have set the colours for individual bars on bar charts and these are reflected in the produced spreadsheet correctly. However, colours of lines on the line chart are not coming across. I get the default blue/pink/yellow colours instead. As far as I can tell, the code is not merging the data for the charts any differently. Anyone have any ideas on why the line chart colours do not stick? Thanks, Anil ...

How do I put mutliple amortization templates in same file
I want to run several scenarios using the amortization templates but I want them in the same file--just on different worksheets. How do I do this? ...

While You Were Out Template for Outlook 2002
Is there a template for while you were out that will work with notes in outlook 2002. I tried the one for Outlook 97/98 and it did not load. Thanks Mike The sample template works in all versions. Describe in more detail what happened. Where did you publish the form? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8BDD0A9-8A6C-4136-AA92-F339D907A09E@microsoft.com... > Is...

Basic e-mail template requirements
For a product that on the face of it looks like it can do such powerful things without custom programming I cannot believe that it has missed what surely must be required in every installation! For this purpose only want to communicate billable time per contract line via: 1. e-mail template when case is closed. Need field to indicate how much time was spent on that case. Here i'm not sure what case-billed service units (in this case minute allotments) but it never appears in my e-mail! 2. generate a report (i have crystal reports) each month that totals allotments (and preferably case de...

Stationary in Windows Live Mail
How can I add or create Stationary for Windows Live Mail ? How can I change the folder that Stationary is stored in for Windows Live Mail ? FDLeyda Windows Live Mail Newsgroup. In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message news:eQPZ1zx7KHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP0...

What template does word use when creating emails for Outlook 2003
I want to be able to edit the .dot file that word uses to control the formatting when sending emails in Outlook 2003. What is it called and where can I find it please? Thanks rfc rfc <rfc at richardcooke.co.uk> wrote: > I want to be able to edit the .dot file that word uses to control the > formatting when sending emails in Outlook 2003. What is it called > and where can I find it please? My testing indicates that Outlook 2003 using Word for the editor uses Normal.dot for the template. -- Brian Tillman Thank you, I know at least in part this is correct. What wo...