startup error message re: "problem reading reminders"

Each time I start outlook 2003 I keep getting a pop up error message stating
"There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders
may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment."

And then the same error message pops up every few minutes in the lower right
hand corner of my bottom taskbar. Very annoying.

What's strange is that I never use the reminder function.

Any ideas for a fix?

Thanks.

Jack

0
jfolliard (2)

close outlook and in the start menu, run command type
outlook.exe /cleanreminders

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Jack" <jfolliard@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Each time I start outlook 2003 I keep getting a pop up error message
> stating "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some
> reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this
> appointment."
>
> And then the same error message pops up every few minutes in the lower
> right hand corner of my bottom taskbar. Very annoying.
>
> What's strange is that I never use the reminder function.
>
> Any ideas for a fix?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jack

0
outlookmvp (5838)
6/25/2007 2:11:04 AM
I just had the same problem as Jack - your solution does not work!  Sorry,
Charlie.

Phyllis Strickland

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

> close outlook and in the start menu, run command type
> outlook.exe /cleanreminders
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Jack" <jfolliard@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Each time I start outlook 2003 I keep getting a pop up error message
> > stating "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some
> > reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this
> > appointment."
> >
> > And then the same error message pops up every few minutes in the lower
> > right hand corner of my bottom taskbar. Very annoying.
> >
> > What's strange is that I never use the reminder function.
> >
> > Any ideas for a fix?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Jack

0
Pstrick (1)

startup error message re: "problem reading reminders"
Each time I start outlook 2003 I keep getting a pop up error message stating "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment." And then the same error message pops up every few minutes in the lower right hand corner of my bottom taskbar. Very annoying. What's strange is that I never use the reminder function. Any ideas for a fix? Thanks. Jack close outlook and in the start menu, run command type outlook.exe /cleanreminders -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Te...

Problem reading reminders at boot?
I am getting the following message when I boot Outlook: "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment." Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks, Claire Try starting Outlook once with the /CleanReminders switch. If you need help using Outlook command line switches, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserv...

Problem reading reminders #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C57290.56614700 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use MS Outlook as my email and to manage my work appointments & = reminders; without it I'm lost and in danger of missing important = meetings. For the last few weeks I've been getting the following message = whenever I start Outlook:=20 "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some = reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this = appointm...

Problem Reading Reminders
Each time I boot up I get the following message, "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for the appointment." I thought at first that if there was only a problem with one, I could wait and eventually it would be archived and no longer appear. But it has given me that message for Months now. Any suggestions as to what to do? Rob Monroe ...