Spurious Duplication

Using Outlook 2000...
On creating a new appointment, Outlook created about 20 instances of the
appointment, all on the same date, all at the same times. I deleted each
extra appointment, one at a time, until the intended single instance was
displayed, and thought no more about it. It has now happened several times,
and I can find no peculiar circumstances relating to them. I don't even know
how to create the problem.
Any ideas please ???
Vaughan

Getting duplicate records, can't figure out why!
I'm creating a database to track inventory movements for reserve calculation purposes. I start out with two tables, Inv Mov and Inv Bal. From Inv Mov, I create a Query "Initial Movements" as a filter. When I run this query, all looks good. I create a new query, "Transaction Summary" that joins fields "P/N" from table "Inv Bal" and Query "Initial Movements". When I run this second query, every record is duplicated. I can't figure out why, and I'm trying to eliminate this. Here's the SQL: SELECT [Inv Bal Eco].[P/N], ...

Spurious Duplication
Using Outlook 2000... On creating a new appointment, Outlook created about 20 instances of the appointment, all on the same date, all at the same times. I deleted each extra appointment, one at a time, until the intended single instance was displayed, and thought no more about it. It has now happened several times, and I can find no peculiar circumstances relating to them. I don't even know how to create the problem. Any ideas please ??? Vaughan ...

VLOOKUP with duplicate returns
I've created a vlookup to pull state and county when a zip code is entered. Problem is that some zip codes are in multiple counties. for example: I live in 54115, which is in Brown and Outagamie counties. the lookup only returns Brown as it is listed first alphabetically (I assume). Any formula I can add to let the user know of error or that multiple options/counties are available? Thanks again Hi, dandigger; Two quick thoughts: 1) If all you want is an alert: Conditional formatting using a formula like: =countif($A:$A,$C1)>1 Then format> patterns> yellow, all entered into ...

Looking for duplicates
I have a form which is used to collect data on individuals. So I have two controls txtfirstname and txtsurname. Before the record is saved I want code to check whether the combination of txtfirstname and txtsurname already exists in another record. If it does I want a form to open, frmduplicatenames, which shows all the duplicates. I have attempted to create a pretty basic VBA code that illustrates what I want to do but as I'm not a VBA expert it doesn't work but I think it shows where I want to be. Here is my attempt at the code which I have put in the BeforeUpdate event of th...

Duplicate file openings
On a workstation with XP Pro and Office 2003 Files on server running Server 2003 Standard When a user on a workstation opens an Excel file it opens two copies of the file. Why is this and more importantly how do I correct this. The files were originally created and maintained with Office 97. Any help will earn my first born. Look here Larry http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#TwoWindows -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Larry" <john@pnu.org> wrote in message news:1c00701c4522a$3533ae60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > On a workstation with XP Pro and Off...

duplicate cell content in a table
How do I repeat the same word in a cell in publisher? High-light the text, Copy, ctrl+v (paste). Or is it something more complex? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Reatlor72" <Reatlor72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A1A560E-D56F-4627-B594-301C8DB75BF4@microsoft.com... > How do I repeat the same word in a cell in publisher? "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote: >High-light the text, Copy, ctrl+v (paste). Or is it something more complex? You'...

Filtering out duplicate data point?
Hi: I have not worked with MS Access in a while (5 yrs) and need help to filter 150,000 data points. I am trying to determine unique entries base on several key criterias. I did import the data from our database with ease. Any help would be great. Thanks, Hank Use a GROUP BY query. List, in the group, the fields that, together, define 'being unique'. In the select clause, aggregate other fields that 'goes' with the fields in the group, without defining what is to be consider in being unique, with LAST (or with FIRST): f1 f2 f3 '...

Duplicate local folders displayed with duplicate entries in calander
Hi, I have two "Local Folders" displayed in my "All Mail Folders" and I can't delete one of them. This poses a problem for me with the program Agendus and my calander entries. Aside from that I want to get rid of one of them as they are duplicates. I have no idea how to do it. I might add that this is a new computer and I used the Microsoft transfer program to bring all my settings over, so this might be one of the issues. If anyone has a solution please try to be specific so that I can walk myself through it. Thanks very much in advance Bob Reynolds It'...

Compare and consolidating duplicated rows
I have a worksheet that has over 4000 rows and 50 columns of information. An individual may be listed multiple times. I am looking to compare the information and if duplicated consolidate the duplicated data to one row. Here is an example of the worksheet: colA colB colC colD colE colF colG JSMITH O M DIST V O 1 JSMITH 1 M O O DIST 1 End result I would like to see: colA colB colC colD colE colF colG JSMITH 1 M DIS...

Finding Duplicates with many fields
I have a table that consists of many Clients with many plans (fields) that may be the same and maybe different. There are 3791 clients and I was going to try to do a duplicate query but, it only allows to look up to 10 fields. I need find all the clients that have the same exact plans for 20+ fields any suggestions? Thank you for all your assistance On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:15:01 -0700, LG <LG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table that consists of many Clients with many plans (fields) that >may be the same and maybe different. There are 3791 clients and...

Spurious data being inserted in field
Hello Periodically, some of the records in one table have one field updated to the following value: <!--<1586567094>--> It is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen. We have checked all our servers and stored procedures for any occurrence of this value in scripts or ASP pages but none exist. We're fearing SQL injection or similar but in our application this field is only updated from one place and it's tight against hacking. If it was a hack we would think the value might be something else, so we're presuming some sort of corruption or sim...

Duplicating Messages in Outlook
I keep getting duplicating messages in my in box - instead of just one message - my Outlook 2000 keeps duplicating the message. How do I fix this? Turn off your AV scanning of mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Tammy asked: | I keep getting duplicating messages in my in box - instead | of just one message - my Outlook 2000 keeps duplicating | the...

spurious line after \page
I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations-- SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination thereafter); BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top); YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page).... UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I know). Ray. I don't understand your terminology. What do you...

removing duplicate records in excel, how to do it?
How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Data>advanced filter, unique records only Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Don" wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Don wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Have you notice that the first entry is duplicated in both cases: when header line is included or exclude "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Data>advanced filter, unique records only > > Regards, > > Peo S...

Finding Duplicate Entries
Hi there Hope someone can help me with this. I currently have the following code that searches column for duplicate entries and highlights them: Sub FindDuplicate() On Error GoTo Merr Dim kr As String ColNameIn = "C" If Len(ColNameIn) = 0 Then Exit Sub Range(ColNameIn & 1).Activate For A = 1 To 200 Range(ColNameIn & A).Activate If ActiveCell.Value = kr Then ActiveCell.Font.Bold = True Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 MsgBox "There are duplicate trade references. Please discuss with Business Support...

Duplicate Account Checking Script
Hi all, I tried to use the sample script found here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp? url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm/html/mbs_crmappdup.asp but it doesn't works with my CRM 1.2 .I change the server name in ISVAccount.cs, got an error. I found the name of the dll is not the same in CRM 1.0 and CRM 1.2 1.0 = Microsoft.CRM.Proxy 1.2 = Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy So I replace the wrong name in ISVAccount.cs with new one, stil an error. I have no more idea, so if you have some, you're welcome ! Baptiste. This code was written for the version 1.0 crm sdk. While it wil...

Duplicate Signatures
Outlook 2007 When I created a email template, it had my signature line in it. When I call it up and send it out, my signature line is automatically added again. How can I stop this for this template only? I do not want to change the automatic signature settings for any other new emails. It would seem removing the Signature from the template is the simple solution. Canon wrote: > Outlook 2007 > When I created a email template, it had my signature line in it. When I > call it up and send it out, my signature line is automatically added again. > How can I st...

Workflows being duplicated
Hi all, I am having a problem with workflows being duplicated in the CRM for each case. Case name = Complaint. Activity - Task - Check Queues Activity - Task - Check Queues Activity - Appointment - Meet Client Activity - Appointment - Meet Client Etc, This is rather irritating at times, not to mention that the database will grow at double the speed. If someone there can help me resolve this, or even point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. Jefferson Jefferson, There are so many possibilities here, have you checked the workflow's you've created, are any dup...

Rotate (and Repeated Duplicate) an Object.
Say I have a circle and I want to add 60 equally spaced 'tick' marks around the circumference (like minute marks around the circumference of a clock face)... any way to do this without VBA? -Best, Chess You can do this fairly quickly using this strategy: 1. Draw two tick marks - at 3 and 9 o'clock 2. Select them and choose Shape > Operations > Combine You now have single shape with two tick markes. 3. Duplicate this shape and hit Ctrl + R (rotated 90 degrees clockwise) 4. Select both shapes and combine You now have a single shape with four tick marks 5. Duplicate t...

Delete duplicates in table
Is there a "neat" way to delete records which are duplicates as defined as equal in a particlular field. I can do it with VBA but wonder whether it can be done in SQL. It's pretty easy IF you have a primary key assigned for that table AND you really, really know which records that you don't want to keep. For example you define a duplicate as having the same data in a field but other fields have different data. Which record stays and which record(s) get deleted? On the other hand if a record is completely duplicated in every field AND there are no relationships with ref...

Duplication of Counts
How can I prevent excel from counting entries twice when totaling date ranges. I am using the following formula: January Total Cell =COUNTIF(F2:F507,"<="&DATE(2010,2,1))-COUNTIF(F2:F507,"=<"&DATE(2010,1,1)) February Total Cell =COUNTIF(F2:F507,"<="&DATE(2010,3,1))-COUNTIF(F2:F507,"=<"&DATE(2010,2,1)) and so on. It duplicates the totals from previous months into the future months. Frustrating! Answer =COUNTIF(A8:A20,">"&DATE(2009,1,31))-COUNTIF(A8:A20,">="&DATE...

Receiving Duplicate Emails #6
When receiving duplicate emails through Outlook, can it ever be an issue of mine or is it allways the senders issue? Yes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, AVH asked: | When receiving duplicate emails through Outlook, can it | ever be an issue of mine or is it allways the senders | issue? Can someone tell me what the receiver issue is that would=20...

spurious line breaks + print preview crashes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Dear Mactopia, <br><br>I have recently bought word08 on mac (French language). I have a problem when working on document with several pages: while typing text (no figures or tables), word adds page breaks without any reasons sometimes one line after the preceding page break. Sometimes the page break is automatically removed: its presence seems driven by the fact I time carriage returns, but I am not sure. Note that the problem occurs even when removing automatic corrections, and single lines preventi...

duplicate contacts
I have a rather large spreadsheet of contacts by First Name, Last name and address and I am finding duplicate entries. does anyone know of an easy way to sort out these duplicate entries? THis is one way http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#DupColumn "Richard Mahan Sr" <dmachen35@home.com> wrote in message news:uo9KRZH3FHA.3292@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I have a rather large spreadsheet of contacts by First Name, Last name and >address and I am finding duplicate entries. does anyone know of an easy way >to sort out these duplicate entries? > ...

spurious email attachments
i have one particular user that when they send emails using Outlook 2002 and Exchange, spurious attachments are received by the recipient. The images are not received every time and if sent to a different recipient, the images appear to be different as well. I did initially suspect a virus but nothing is being flagged by the AV software. I've sent messages from other users on the same network and no attachments were received. This led me to think it is some kind of junk program that found its way onto the users computer and when emails are sent, it automatically adds images rand...