Split window in Outlook 2003?

Hello!

I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that you
can se both your emails (Inbox with preview) and your calender?

--
Andreas
0

Andreas <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that
> you can se both your emails (Inbox with preview) and your calender?

No need to ask more than once.
--
Brian Tillman
0
Brian Tillman wrote:
> Andreas <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that
>> you can se both your emails (Inbox with preview) and your calender?
>
> No need to ask more than once.

OP is using the web interface to the groups - this is a common occurence
when doing so.

To the OP:
You might want to consider using a newsreader like Outlook Express or Forte
Agent rather than the web interface to the newsgroups - you are less likely
to end up with multiple duplicate posts, and it's a lot easier to do nearly
everything there, including searching, which is always a good idea to do
before you post, as well as mark messages to be watched, and filter based on
replies to your posts.

The Microsoft public news server is msnews.microsoft.com and you can
subscribe to as many groups as you like.

0
lanwench (7567)

Outlook 2007 on Windows 7
Clean new Win 7 machine. office 2007 installed, updated to SP2 and moved old ..pst files to new machine. Click on an email address, Add To Contacts, if it is an existing contact it prompts for updating it and it crashes. The usual error message - Outlook has stopped working ... Does not occur always. I am wondering if it is occuring only with contacts imported from existing hotmail account on the web. Difficult to pin this aspect down. - Jayawanth "Jayawanth" <Jayawanth@msft.com> wrote in message news:0656539A-B82A-413A-8063-AC84805AC86A@microsoft.com... ...

Outlook Orphan Processes
I've noticed that ever since I reinstalled Outlook (20002 SP-1) that through the course of the day Outlook starts several processes that do not terminate when I exit Outlook. I noticed this when I started getting errors during send/receive. After killing all the orphan processes the send/receive worked fine. How do I get control of these orphan processes? TIA, Steve ...

I cannot send email in windows mail
I have Windows Mail - Vista. I have used this for about 2 years and suddenly I cannot now send emails. Error message: The rejected e-mail address was 'xxxx@xxxxxx.com'. Subject 'testing', Account: 'pop3.xxxxxxxx.com', Server: 'smtp.xxxxxxxx.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying to <xxxx@xxxxxx.com> prohibited by administrator (failed to find host name from IP address)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 I have been through all the usual trouble shooting options including deleting...

outlook 2003 / save DRAFTS on IMAP folder
I�m using outlook 2003 with an IMAP account. Outlooks standard behavior is to save drafts on a local special folder, called "drafts". Instead, I would like Outlook to save drafts on a "draft" folder placed on my IMAP account. I searched google, and it seems that what I want to attain is impossibile... maybe any of you know some kind of work-around or solution? Thank you for you help, Gianluca Bosco The only way to achieve this as far as I know is to not have local folders at all and work entirely from your IMAP folders. Opus "Gianluca Bosco" <na@...

Windows mail in Excel
I am trying to use Windows Mail, not Outlook Express as my main mail in Vista. It seems though I can only use outlook or outlook express...is that true?? If not, how can I change it? "5hulses" <5hulses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD113296-5C1F-4E34-AEA5-07F14D120FB7@microsoft.com... > I am trying to use Windows Mail, not Outlook Express as my main mail in > Vista. It seems though I can only use outlook or outlook express...is > that > true?? If not, how can I change it? To use the Send To Mail recipient function in Office y...

Multiple outlook.exe's running in the processes tab of the Task Manager
I've noticed a regular occurrence when shutting my machine down for the night. I'm a long time user of windows so I still shut down all my applications before I shut down the operating system. Call me old but I believe it keeps the system clean. But I've noticed a problem. OS: XP Professional Mail App: Outlook 2002 After shutting down all applications, I attempt to shut down the machine and I get a window indicating OUTLOOK.EXE is still running and it asks me to shut it down, so I do...Then the same window pops up again, so I end the process again. Well, what I have noti...

Split tasks a splitting headache
Inherited another Project IMS. I am noticing right off that the previous scheduler has been starting tasks without their FS preds completing. Yeah, it does show up as a spit bar in the gantt chart. But, does anyone know a way to filter out just task that started before predecessor completion? I'm dealing with several thousand lines. Thanks. -- trailerpup ------------------------------------------------------------------------ trailerpup's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/116596.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1290853.htm ...

Converting Mac files to MS Windows/Office
Pl. Help, my scuba instructor gave me a a cd full of files copied from a Mac hard drive. He bought a Windows PC and needs to view them on the PC. He said they were in Quark express and some graphic files of underwater photos. As far as I can tell I see no file extensions. I can access the files but the MS Publisher/Word pdf readers don't seem to work. I am the computer guy and supposed to know these things. Web searches for converters did not help much. Thank You "Sharad" <sharad_honavar@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:abefdb6a.0404121850.55a9711c@posting.google.com... ...

Catastrophic Error in XL 2003
I've written some pretty standard, but complicated, VBA code under XL2000. A user with XL2003 gets a "catastrophic error" when opening the file (macros enabled), which sends him to the VBA debugger - but in a loop. Need Task Mgr to quit the application. This is NOT a shared workbook - I read those posts but haven't found a clue as to what could be causing this. I also got this error on an XL2003 machine (same description as above). After 'resolving' it by saving as an older version of Excel (even though it originally was XL2000!), I started getting "Out of m...

importing dbx files from cd back to outlook express
I had my outlook express mail backed up on a cd rom on my old laptop. how do i restore my mail (.dbx files) from the cd, back into outlook express on my new laptop? i've been trying to use the import feature on OE but i keep getting error messages, ie, "not a win32 application", or when i browse the path, it says, "no mesages can be foudn in this folder, or another application running has the required file sopen", even though i have no other applications open? any suggestions? See insideoe.tomsterdam.com for instructions. You'll also need to verify the fi...

Relationship Betwee Exchange Mailbox SCL Setting and Outlook Spam Setting
At one of my clients I have set the Exchange Server SCL threshold at 8 and the mailbox threshold at 7 for the Intelligent Message Filter I have set the Junk Mail setting in the users' Outlook 2003 to 'low'. I have updated the Exchange Server and Outlook Intelligent Message Filters. My question is how does the mailbox threshold of 7 in Exchange interact/relate to a user's Outlook 2003 Junk Mail Setting of 'low' or 'medium'? I have never seen this described. Thank you in advance. -- Regards, Allan C Outlook (2003) Junk Mail feature does not interact wit...

How to randomly split a whole dataset into two sub-dataset?
Hi, At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my question? Thank you very much. How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Thank you very much. Please take care Caroline zencaroline <zencaroline@gmail.com> writes: > How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub > dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Create a new variable whose value is randomly distributed. Sort the data on this variable. Take the first 1000 cases ...

Outlook 2000 Customize Outlook Today button does not work
Does anyone know why the Customize Outlook Today button does not work and what steps I need to take to get make it work. This is a new hard drive with Win 2000, Office 2000, and Outlook 2000. I have not done anything to corrupt it that I am aware of. When I push the button, nothing happens. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:042801c3ddf5$80deb1b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know why the Customize Outlook Today button > does not work and what steps I need to take to get make i...

Outlook will not open #4
Outlook was running fine until I performed a disk defrag. Now, Outlook will not open. Apparently, the mapping became jumbled with the defrag. How do I re- establish the connection? Detect and repair? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Vern asked: | Outlook was running fine until I performed a disk | defrag. Now, Outlook will not open. Apparently, t...

windows doesnt start
my windows was being locked when i attempt to update it. and then blue screen comes. today after months, i tried to upate again. but now, it is colapsed. it restarts itself when the windows logo comes. it takes half an hour to see the logo, after the logo a grey scren comes, and after haf an hour with grey screen it restarts, again the same things... i am using 32 bit xp proffesional. ca anybody help me ...

Where are internet headers in outlook 2010
In Outlook 2010 where did the Internet Header go? Message Options? In 2007 you could right click on any message in your inbox and see the Internet headers. IP address message info ect.... Thanks Nevermind. I found it. You have to actually open up the email, then go to "View" then Message options. It is only a menu item now. Hope this helps someone using Outlook 2010 "Brian" wrote: > In Outlook 2010 where did the Internet Header go? Message Options? > > In 2007 you could right click on any message in your inbox and see the > Intern...

Unwanted replicated split screen
I know I could re-install excell but before I do, is there anyone here who can help me disable a setting that I have no idea how it came about. I can only describe it as 2 identical execl grids on the same worksheet. Accompanying image will show you. Help. Thanks. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: excel_display_duplication.GIF | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3855 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- BoyLeroy -----------------------------------...

Disassociate Windows Live from Money 2007
I want to use Money 2007 without signing in Windows Live. Desktop works fine without signing in Windows Live. The subject never comes up. Laptop wants me to sign in before I can access Money. OS Windows Vista Home Premium Thank you for your help. In microsoft.public.money, Btfsplk wrote: >I want to use Money 2007 without signing in Windows Live. Desktop works fine >without signing in Windows Live. The subject never comes up. Laptop wants me >to sign in before I can access Money. OS Windows Vista Home Premium >Thank you for your help. See the section in http://support.micro...

how to change theme in outlook 2007
I run outlook 2007 over a remote desktop session that uses 256 color for maximum speed. How do I change the color scheme of outlook 2007 to turn off those blue colored gradient strips, to a boring pure color (since the gradient renders poorly in 256 colors). All I could find under editor options was a choice of blue/silver/black, which didn't change it. AFAIK, you can't change it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists...

outlook closes when databinding.....why?
When I open Outlook 12, I see "databinding" at the bottom, and then Outlook just closes. How do I fix thix? "RobG" <RobG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:825D8B32-4257-40C0-B264-0FAC36606628@microsoft.com... > When I open Outlook 12, I see "databinding" at the bottom, and then Outlook > just closes. How do I fix thix? What happens if you start Outlook in safe mode? Hold Ctrl when starting Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Outlook probs when Shutting Down/Restarting
Windows XP Home users. Hope someone can help. About 90% of the time I restart or shut down, I get a message that says "outlook not responding" even though I've already closed outlook. if I don't hit "cancel" the machine never shuts down. if i do hit "cancel" it shuts down fine. Any reason I am getting this message and any news how to fix? I am totally up to date on windows updates. Quote by "neo [mvp outlook]": Look for programs that keep Outlook resident in memory and prohibit from shutting down. Here are some things I am aware o...

Outlook 2003 Stand Alone
I have Office XP Professional. I want to upgrade my Outlook only. Does any one know if Outlook 2003 can be purchased as a stand alone and have it come with the "Business Contact Manager". I have been into all the local computer stores and the personal there just don't know. Please help with this info. Thanks much. SteveR7138@msn.com Checked out Microsoft's pages for Outlook 2003. As far as Business Contact Manager is concerned: How to Buy Business Contact Manager is included in Office Small Business Edition 2003 and Office Professional Edition 2003. Looks like you&#...

Can't find my Front End Folder after database split
I just split my database base to allow for ease of use for multiple users. Ererything, it seemed, went smoothly until i try to find the fron-end folder. It is nowhere to be found. Should it be label ****_fe.mbd like the back end? Please help. Thaanks. It will be called that, unless you typed something else in the save as dialog. I thought it ended up in the same folder as the backend after splitting. Easiest way is to go back to the original and split it again, this time take note of where you save it before you press the button. Jeanette Cunningham "Joe" <Joe@discussi...

Can not import message from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook
Hi there Can anyone provide the help to me. I want to transfer my Outlook Express 6 (on old PC/Win98SE) mail to Outlook 2002 (on new PC/WinXP). I followed the procedure which was provided by Microsoft as below. http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/assistance/HA010943871033.aspx However finally I got the following message: "The mail folder could not be opened. If another application is using this file, please close it and try again." It really drive me crazy! Kiwi@Sydney <Kiwi@Sydney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone provide the help to me. > I...

Outlook doesn't give option to add Exchange service
One of our users had a laptop meltdown, and is setting up the new drive on WinXP Pro. When he finished installing Office 2000 with all patches and tried to open Outlook 2000 he must have tried setting it up while logged in as the administrator then realized he needed to be logged in as himself, so logged off and on again. Anyway, now he no longer has Services listed under Tools, and can't set up Microsoft Exchange service as his email service. Even when he opens Mail in Control Panel, it goes straight into the options for adding Internet email, rather than the list of Services, D...