Spelling takes about 3 minutes to pass any single word check

Hi there,
I am using MS Outlook 2000.
The Spelling tool takes about 3-5 minutes to pass a single word check. This
problem happens when the email has attachment.
Any idea would be appreciated,
Ross

0
Ross8923 (10)

Spell check anomaly
When I REPLY to a message, WLM always checks the spelling on the original message even though I have selected the option to ignore the original text in a reply. What gives? Is that a bug in WLM? Tom If you save a message to Drafts or an EML file or open while in the Outbox, that will happen since it lost track of what was original and what was new. Or is this happening when you just start a new reply? If so are you interspersing your reply with the original message? Or using stationery? -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Tom Brown" <Bu...

Outlook won't open (takes 5 minutes)
I have a user here at work running XP that says sometimes when she tries to open Outlook, nothing comes up. She will try a couple of times and a few minutes later Outlook will open several windows. (1 for everytime she tried to open it) At other times it just opens right up the first time correctly. I looked at the task manager and the times it does not seem to come up, it will have a Outlook.exe file running. I ran the repair and fix and it still does it. Please help. I wanted to add my email address in case anybody had any ideas what to do. Thanks I have this problem on seveal Win ...

meaning of E in y=3E-.05x^3
fitting a trendline to a third-order polynomial has equation 3E-.05*x^3-.0023*x^2+.0857*x-.0579. Don't know what the E means. On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Garland <Garland@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >fitting a trendline to a third-order polynomial has equation >3E-.05*x^3-.0023*x^2+.0857*x-.0579. Don't know what the E means. It means "times 10 raised to the power of". 1E2 is 100, 5E3 is 5,000 etc. Press F1, and in Help Topics type "scientific format". You should see a help section called "Formats for curren...

"Rule Could not be Created, check your folder permissions"
Outlook 2002, WinXP Pro.. tried adding work's exchange server but couldn't access it through the internet. Removed the Exchange account from Tools->Email Accounts, and now cannot create message rules with the "Organize" button on the toolbar. Any way to restore the permissions? Try running Detect and Repair. Also, ask your Exchange admin for the protocol to access your Exchange server mail. He will probably have to set you up with a VPN connector and give you some instructions. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discuss...

Purchase Order #3
not sure if below is possible: 1) allow printing of new PO as 'draft' PO, the PO can still be edited/changed/delete 2) once a PO is confirmed/released (by a process?), the PO cannot be edited/revised. The 'confirmed' PO can only be fully/partially cancelled. thks for sharing. HFLo, To my knowledge, there is no option such as printing Draft PO. As soon as PO is printed, it will be released. However, after the PO is printed and released, you can still be able to make changes to it. As far as your second question goes, there is no option as such to have a released P...

Formula in word 2003
create a formula in a word form. I have a situation where I ned to provide an auto response based on the number d in a bokmarked cell "Risk1" I have tried the following but it brings up an error {if { risk1 } <="4""YES"}{if {risk1}>"4"<"10""Stop"}{if{risk1}>"9"<"17""Report"} The basic requirement is to provide a different response based on a number value in form field bookmark "Risk1" which can range between 1-4, 5-9, 10-16 and 17-25 each of the above ranges need a...

Spell Check preferences?
Hi all, I have a user that is having problems with spell checking in Office 2004. When I set office up I did a full install with proofing tools, etc. The user is running OS 10.4.1. Here is the problem: spell checking never works unless he manually sets it up (he has to got through the tools->language & uncheck "do not check spelling or grammar..") routine for every single document he creates. My question is: Is there a way to set this to default for all documents? Thanks, burn01 jacobbehrnes@gmail.com I'm guessing you're talking about Word here. In Word, go to F...

Questions about MS CRM 3.0 PART 2
More questions .. if anyone can help .. a) can I create recurring appointments in MS CRM 3.0? In 1.2, you couldn't. b) are there any external vendors which can provide an user accessible workflow editor for MS CRM? The editor which comes with MS CRM is really more for the admins. Is there anyway to have workflows which are only viewable by certain people and not others? c) has anyone worked with any address verification software which integrates with MS CRM? any recommendations? d) has anyone worked with any PDA apps which integrate with MS CRM? any recommendations? e) how do peop...

spelling script
Hi Guys, I'm trying to write a small spelling script that will do the following: Read a word from a text file: show it to the user then needs to type it without any spelling mistake if OK, he gets the next word in the text file if not than he needs to type the word again until he gets it right. Can any one help me with this ? Cheers, Simon "Type each word as it appears then hit enter. Type quit to exit." foreach ($word in (get-content words.txt)) { $correct = $false do { $answer = Read-Host $word if ($answer -ceq $word) {$correct = $true} if ($answer -eq &...

Exchange 2003
Howdy: We ahve recently migrated from an existing WinNT4/Exchange 5.5 Installation to a new Win2k3/Exchange 2003 mixed mode installation. All went well with the first server install but I am having problems installing the second and getting it to accept mail probably due to the reasonably complex computing environment. In short: All external mail is first handled via one of six UNIX servesr which does a look up and forwards the mail to the appropriate server in the format user@server.domain.com. This worked well enough with a single server, for the average Exchange customer the UNIX would...

Convert 1 Character Code to a word
I would like to do as the subject states. For example, If something was ACA where A represented Alpha and represented Cyber, the sequence would read Alpha-Cyber-Alpha. Is thi possible? Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This will do for a short list =LOOKUP(MID(A4,1,1),{"A","B","C"},{"Alpha","Beta","Cyber"}&"-"&LOOKUP(MID(A4 ,2,1),{"A","B","C"},{"Alpha","Beta","Cyber"}&"-"&LOOKUP(MID(A4,3,1),{"A&quo...

Copying Cells #3
How do I copy a row into a column? Hi Copy the cells (with Edit|Copy or Ctrl+C), select the destination cell and click Edit|Paste Special . . and select the Transpose check box. -- Andy. "Medusa" <Medusa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FD3B81E-4902-4530-AC99-D075BA4F74D5@microsoft.com... > How do I copy a row into a column? ...

timer #3
i am looking to put a timer (count up and down) into my spreadsheet, but i do not know how to do this, can any 1 help? please! ash Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm at the bottom of this page -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ash wrote: > i am looking to put a timer (count up and down) into my > spreadsheet, but i do not know how to do this, can any 1 > help? please! > ash ...

spell checker is not finding spelling errors, any suggestions?
Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in order to test the spell checker, and it is not finding these mis-spelled words. I am thinking that spell checker is not being pointed to the right dictionary, or any dictionary, but I can't seem to troubleshoot this on my own. Any suggestions? Spellbound wrote: > Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has > completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in > order to test the spell checker, and it is not...

wanting to add boxes that can be checked
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am wanting to add boxes that can be checked or unchecked. <br> Any suggestions? Thank you It's a Field named "Checkbox". Try Insert>HTML Object>Checkbox... Or: View>Toolbars>Forms and use the Forms checkbox. The HTML one looks nicer :-) Cheers On 29/05/10 1:54 AM, in article 59bb91c1.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "The_Bean@officeformac.com" <The_Bean@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) P...

Take a look at this corrective patch from the MS
--ttirgorwtqk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tophbcsje"; type="multipart/alternative" --tophbcsje Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="vmrqmawewpxmjsvtt" --vmrqmawewpxmjsvtt Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to ...

spell check #9
The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it up , if that is what needs to be done. Teri wrote: > The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing > happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it > up , if that is what needs to be done. And what version of Outlook are you running? ...

How to make an activity calendar for school travel and leisure 3 m
I need to make an activity calendar that has to do with travel and leisure for three months. Pencil, paper, and a ruler and you can do it. What kind of database functions do you want? -- Build a little, test a little. "emma dillon" wrote: > I need to make an activity calendar that has to do with travel and leisure > for three months. On Fri, 14 May 2010 12:55:01 -0700, emma dillon <emma dillon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to make an activity calendar that has to do with travel and leisure >for three months. Are yo...

Templates #3
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Where is Office 2008 picking up the name that is automatically inserted into the templates (e.g., the resume templates)? It is inserting my wife's name instead of mine. Everything on the Mac is in my name (I think). Thanks. Hi Cory - Apparently not � she must have laid claim to Office :-) Did she happen to do the installation? That's when the info normally gets entered, although it can be added/changed later. Go to Word> Preferences (Command+,) - User Information & steal back your identity. HTH |:>)...

When I copy something in Word, it won't past in Publisher. Help.
My copied segment won't even show up on the Clipboard. What am I doing wrong? ...

functions #3
I had a excel WB with links from other WB in a folder which I copied to a CD and then downloaded to another PC. Now all the formulas are showing a different path. For eg E:\windows\temp\ and the workbook function. I have to replace the "windows\temp\ with the folder names for the formulas to display the results and then the E: \windows\temp disappears and only the formulas with the WB are displayed. There are many formulas and this is cumbersome. Kindly suggest an easier method and why is this happening I am now using XL 2007. Any help will be greatly appreciated AFD When...

MSCRM 3.0 Outlook Client Toolbar
Hi The Toolbar in the Outlook Client is not working. I already cleared the cache, but it didn't help. Can anyone help me? Thanks Mike I had a similar problem at first too - have you tried adding the CRM server's URL to your local intranet zone in internet options? "Mike" wrote: > Hi > > The Toolbar in the Outlook Client is not working. I already cleared the > cache, but it didn't help. Can anyone help me? > > > Thanks > Mike Thanks for your Tip, unfortunatelly it didn't help "Lawrence" wrote: > I had a similar pro...

predictive spelling
Does anyone know of a predictive spelling add- in for Excel 2000 or later? Other than the built in one, that is. I'd like something which refers to a separate worksheet that I can specify. TIA Greg Little ...

how come i cangt type on word: waht is " selection locked"?
what is 'selection locked"? It sounds like you are probably using a trial version of the software that has now expired or you have not activated your copy of the software? If so, see: http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/faq.aspx -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "sl" <sl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C58A44D-F86A-4892-8E8D-4AADCE85B489@microsoft.com... > what ...

Ranking/Sorting more than 3 row's
I have a spreadsheet with 742 rows (of company names). I have 5 columns of criteria for the companies. Each column is a different criteria about each company, and has a numerical rank for each company. 1-~75 (some columns/criteria have no rank for a company) I want to create an overall rank of the companies based on how they perform across the 5 rows. I want the companies with the most 1's at the top and then those with 1 & 2's and then those with 2 & 2's etc. Is there a way to sort or rank this spreadsheet of companies? I would do a sum of the inverses of each of...