Spelling in Outlook

I run XP Pro SP1, IE 6.0 and its Outlook Express.
I also run MS Office 97 Patch 2b with English and Brazilian dictionaries.
Winword works fine with both dics.
After write a message in OE and when trying to get it spelled, get foll box
:
"An error occured while the spelling was been checked".
Does this happen with someone before ?
Can anyone help me in find the solution for this problem ?
Appreciate assistance

0
sdruws (5)

Cannot open .msg files saved from Outlook to network share
Some of my users have dragged and dropped emails into their network shares creating .msg files. When they try to open some of the files they get the following popup: 'The messaging interface has generated an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook.' This only happens for some of the saved emails. They are using Outlook 2000 from Office. God only knows why they did this and didn't use autoarchive! How many training sessions does someone have to do?! Anyway, anyone know how I can open them or even better, why I cant? Regards Dave ...

Set up email accout in Outlook 2003
I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my email. How do I do this? do you have outlook configured to receive email from cox high speed or have alread done this? "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D86EB69-B86B-4A1A-808E-79AE12FA833F@microsoft.com... > I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my > email. How do I do this? Follow the instructions your ISP provides. This is not an Outlook question. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karen" <Karen@discussi...

Spell check anomaly
When I REPLY to a message, WLM always checks the spelling on the original message even though I have selected the option to ignore the original text in a reply. What gives? Is that a bug in WLM? Tom If you save a message to Drafts or an EML file or open while in the Outbox, that will happen since it lost track of what was original and what was new. Or is this happening when you just start a new reply? If so are you interspersing your reply with the original message? Or using stationery? -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Tom Brown" <Bu...

INserting Word Docs into E mail Outlook 2007
Want to be able to ijsert a formatted Word into the body of an E mail. ...

Outlook hanging on ADSL
We are experiencing this issue at work. Just to give you an overview of the setup we have; we connect to an exchange server using outlook as the email client, to connect to the corporate network we are using ADSL and going through the Nortel VPN client. Anyone got any ideas why this may be occurring, settings to check etc? More info on your network might help. You're in a remote office, using VPN to connect to the main office where the Exchange server lives? Any reason you can't just set up a VPN WAN link between the two networks rather than using individual client software (whi...

Outlook/Exchange sync issues
When implementing CRM 3.0 we discovered a potential problem with sync issues where the users Outlook is trying to retreive appointment he/she is not a member of. This results in aprox 3 error per minute/user in Sync Issues and Local Failures folders in Outlook. (it has nothing to do with syncronizing of CRM data) Microsoft provided a hotfix KB933099, for this and the problem was gone. Now when having upgraded to CRM 4.0, we have exactly the same situation again. 2-3000 errors per user a day!!! With exactly the same issue. Doesn't MS correct discovered bugs in older products when de...

Customize Outlook Today is not working
Outlook 2000 SR-1 When click on the "Customize Outlook Today..." is does nothing. Any help is appreciated. Thank you, See if this helps http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005e01c3d46b$44268470$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook 2000 SR-1 > > When click on the "Customize Outlook Today..." is does > nothing. Any help is appreciated. > > Thank you, "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<005e01c3d46b$442...

Outlook 2000: forcing to edit within Outlook
G'day everyone I have elected not to use MS Word as my editor in MS Outlook 2000. Most messages which I reveice, I can edit within the message. But there are a few messages (all of them in HTML format) which refuses me to edit them in the message itself. When I choose "Edit message" from the file menu, Outlook automatically opens MS Word with the message in it. How can I force Outlook not to use MS Word for the message editor? Thanks Samuel I have verified this problem, no fix yet. I have tried the settings in Internet Explorer - Options menu for "HTML editor:", a...

spelling script
Hi Guys, I'm trying to write a small spelling script that will do the following: Read a word from a text file: show it to the user then needs to type it without any spelling mistake if OK, he gets the next word in the text file if not than he needs to type the word again until he gets it right. Can any one help me with this ? Cheers, Simon "Type each word as it appears then hit enter. Type quit to exit." foreach ($word in (get-content words.txt)) { $correct = $false do { $answer = Read-Host $word if ($answer -ceq $word) {$correct = $true} if ($answer -eq &...

Outlook receive issue
Hi, I am using outlook 2000 to send and receivie messages.I am able to send out messages but not being able to receive messages automatically. I have tried to click on send and receive. The windows pop up and say that the transaction is completed successfully but I did not receive the messages actually. I have to manually click on tool > send and received > my account then the messages will arrive into my inbox. How can I resume the auto receive messages funtion? Thanks a million! MWGP ...

Outlook is running in the background. How do I turn it off?
Outlook is running in the bckground. Don't know why or how. How do I stop it? Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. (activesync, iTunes, etc.) 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire reminders. 6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan i...

Spell Check preferences?
Hi all, I have a user that is having problems with spell checking in Office 2004. When I set office up I did a full install with proofing tools, etc. The user is running OS 10.4.1. Here is the problem: spell checking never works unless he manually sets it up (he has to got through the tools->language & uncheck "do not check spelling or grammar..") routine for every single document he creates. My question is: Is there a way to set this to default for all documents? Thanks, burn01 jacobbehrnes@gmail.com I'm guessing you're talking about Word here. In Word, go to F...

Outlook Reminders not woeking
I recently installed Outlook 2007, no problems and really like it however.... I am having a real problem with reminders which I use quite a lot. I am told that "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I have tried the two switches - cleanreminder and resetfolders but without any success. Really grateful if someone could give me a solution to the problem. Thanks -- Mark How did you restore your original Outlook data? Also, have you checked your pst-file for errors already with scanpst.exe? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77 -- Robert Sparn...

Outlook reply error (associated with SP3?)
Greetings. I recently bought a new Dell, wiped the drive, performed a clean install of my own licensed copies of XP Pro and Office XP Pro, and migrated all my settings from my old computer. For a few glorious days I enjoyed newfound speediness with no glitches whatsoever. Now I am running into the following message when I reply to a message in Outlook: "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" If I click Yes or No the new message window opens; both do the same thing. (Of course, clicking Yes means that I won't see th...

spell check #9
The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it up , if that is what needs to be done. Teri wrote: > The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing > happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it > up , if that is what needs to be done. And what version of Outlook are you running? ...

outlook 2003 follow up folder not showing
There is no "follow up folder" under favorites in Outlook. LMari <LMari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > There is no "follow up folder" under favorites in Outlook. The "For Follow Up" folder is a search folder. It should be created automatically when you mark an item for follow up. It certainly works that way for me. -- Brian Tillman Look under Search Folders. It's possible it just got removed from the Favorite Folders list. If you find it under Search Folders, you can right click the folder name and choose "Add to Favorite Folder...

Access and Outlook Reminders
I am very new to access. I have created a database with the information of all our sales people info, incluidng when they took certain training. Some of these training modules expire after 9 months, others after a year. If I have a column with the date when they took the training, is there a way I can link this with outlook and have outlook send me pop up reminder that someone has a training expiring in 15 days or can outlook send them a reminder email? If you need more info from me let me know. Thank You Yes, it can be done and it is relatively simply too! Take a look at th...

Viewing Archived Notes in Outlook 2003
Hi, I need help on viewing archived notes. It is pretty straight-forward to view archived emails and calendar entries, but I can't seem to find the method to view archived notes. Rgds, Augustine It's the same to view archived notes... or any other outlook item. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Sub...

launch custom outlook form from a hyperlink
How can I launch a custom outlook 2000 form from the hyperlink. Is there a client side script that can do this? ...

Problems with opening outlook
Somehow or another, a program called "myway", a search engine installed on my computer. Sometimes when I open Outlook, it switches from "Inbox-Microsoft Outlook" to "Myway-Microsoft Outlook" and I can't access my email. I've run spybot, ad-aware, tried to do a system restore (it said nothing was changed) went to a scumware sight and followed directions to manually remove the registry items (which aren't there, and this program still takes over my email. What can I do? Take a look at the two Add-Ins sections in Tools | Options | Other | Advance...

Outlook Set Regarding Feature
When using Outlook to email contacts, we would like to record that communication against each account or Contact in CRM. We use the Track in CRM button and then select the 'Set Regarding' feature, however this 'Set Regarding' feature only allows us to assoicate the email to a single account or contact. Is it possible to select multiple accounts or contacts, or does this kind of email need to be generated via CRM and not Outlook. Many thanks Steve Hi, You can set regarding to multiple entities in CRM 4. Regards, Donna "Steve Le Monnier" wrote: > When...

spell checker is not finding spelling errors, any suggestions?
Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in order to test the spell checker, and it is not finding these mis-spelled words. I am thinking that spell checker is not being pointed to the right dictionary, or any dictionary, but I can't seem to troubleshoot this on my own. Any suggestions? Spellbound wrote: > Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has > completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in > order to test the spell checker, and it is not...

Outlook hangs when trying to open messages with certificates
I am unable to open messages with Digital Certificates. Also, atempting to do this hangs the program and I get a not- responding error. Any sugestions are welcomed. ...

How do I get Outlook to remember my settings?
I want to leave emails on the server but outlook will not keep that setting. I checke the box over and over again but it will not remember What do I do?? Do you have trouble saving any other settings on your computer? If you recreate that mail account on your machine, does it work then? "KAREN4390" <KAREN4390@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7A2B6B2-3C18-447C-8220-312C934F0B8E@microsoft.com... >I want to leave emails on the server but outlook will not keep that >setting. > I checke the box over and over again but it will not remember Wha...

What is the difference in Office Outlook and Outlook Express?
I have both on my pc. However I am having a problem accessing my Microsoft outlook. Basicially all I need to know is what is the difference in the 2 programs and which one to use for best results. -- Deby Outlook Express is part of the operating system sort of. Microsoft gives it to you so you can do email and newsgroups right out of the box so to speak. Outlook is part of the office suite that you buy. It has many more features than outlook express has. You set them up the same way, I mean, you have to set up the email account seperately, also the newsgroups, on each one. Outlook...