Spellcheck not working in Outlook 2000

works fine in Word, doesn't work in Outlook

Code fails, but then works!
Hi all, I have a bit of code which sends an email (Novell Groupwise). It fails when I first click the command button, but once I hit the [END] button for the error (as in End/Debug screen), and then click the command button again, the darned thing works! Can anybody see from the code below why it should fail at the first attempt, but then work on the second attempt?? thanks in anticipation <snip> Dim StrWho As String Dim StrFullname As String Dim StrAmount As String Dim StrNextDate As String StrWho = Me.Text20 & "@gwahs.health.nsw.gov.au" Str...

Working Offline
Hi All We have just started using sharepoint as our intranet and have just started creating document libaries. I have a user who uses Office 2003, he needs to access these documents in the libary at home. We used to do this using offline folders. Is there a similar method in Sharepoint? or is there a better method to access files stored in Share point whithout being constantly connected to Sharepoint as our internet connection at work is not the quickest Thanks in advance I use Colligio (3rd party) for this purpose. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 21/12/09 22:25, Mu...

what if scanpst doesn't work
Hi, What can I do if scanpst doesn't work on a Office 2007 pst file? My Outook will not load it (my pst file) as it says that it is not a Personal Folder File. lenny109 wrote: > Hi, > What can I do if scanpst doesn't work on a Office 2007 pst file? My Outook > will not load it (my pst file) as it says that it is not a Personal Folder > File. Restore from your backups. oh if only! "VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote in message news:hqlaso$uqn$1@news.albasani.net... > lenny109 wrote: > >> Hi, >> What can I do if...

Outlook web mail access
I am running an exchange 5.5 with web mail access. This work for everyone except for the two employees trying to access their web mail through windows xp. It works well with all other o/s. Has anyone run into this problem? what errors are they getting? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outl...

backing up email/settings in unaccessible Outlook
I had Outlook XP Installed on my computer. I upgraded the CPU and Motherboard. The system was not botting into XP so a friend of mine fixed it for me. He reinstalled XP Pro but all of my settings were lost. It was as if XP was installed for the first time. All programs that were previously installed no longer work and have to be reinstalled. I also have other issues so I am going to format the drive but I want to keep all of the settings and emails, contacts, etc from Outlook. All of the fiels are still on my computer. I never created a backup of any of this. What files do I ...

Resources in Outlook
Hello NG I created two resources (meetingroom1 and meetingroom2) For each of these resources i have set the autoresponce on incomming requests, and everthing works just fine. I works as long as i sit within the domaine, but from an outside email account the resources don't auto reply (accept or deline) the request. Is there some settings i am missing or can't OL do that? Kind regards. Johnny Jensen Does the sender have booking permissions? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipsti...

Minimising Outlook
I am using the MintoTray registry setting for miniming Outlook to the system tray. Please let me know how to change the icon so that I can click the icon in the system tray once only to relaunch...currently I have to double-click and also there is no right-click menu in order to launch Outlook. Can this been done? Thanks again for your help. Julia ---------- The mintotray key for Outlook 2002 doesn't have additional options - just min and double click to maximize. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Wind...

Outlook 97 'hangs' at "deliver messages"
Outlook 97 hangs with deliver messages window open. No mail is exchanged. Problem persists after deleting profile and creating new one. Any suggestions? ...

working directory
Was running access 97 in fat format. because all my other logical drives were NTFS i created a fat j: drive. I've since upgraded to access 2002 and no longer need the Fat drive. I though I pointed Access O2 to other drives for data and program storage. However, whenever I open Access 2002 I get the message "MS Access can't change the working directory to J:Database". When I click OK things work normally. This doesn't seem to affect operation but is pesky. What and where is the working directory and how can I modify this to eliminate the message. Bill At a gue...

Excel working in with Outlook
I have Office 2007 so obviously Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. I have made up a newbie's Excel spreadsheet for my business. One thing to open that has my entire financial year's data in it and my car logbook. One thing I am going to add to it is parts. I want to know when parts need to be re-ordered so will set a level where I want Excel to show up basically something like a "reorder now" warning. However, I am often in a hurry, record the event and don't look at the outcome until I have some time, late at night. At that time, reordering becomes a nightmare. Is ther...

Forwarding messages is slow in Outlook
Fowarding one message from the Inbox is sometimes quit slow on the LAN. Forwarding multiple messages to a single user is usually faster than one. When this task is performed via a Citrix connection the problem is magnified. The Exchange 2000 server does not exhibit any signs of high cpu. I have applied all Office SP's and patches to my local desktop looking for a solution, but see no difference. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks. ...

Outlook between a MAC and PC
This is really beginner questions but Can a MAC user email usable files to a PC user? I've used Outlook a bit but never with the MAC/PC compatible issue. My boss has a MAC with Outlook and needs to email me his calendar so I can call to confirm appts for the coming week. I set up the Contacts list on my PC. Will I be able to export the Contacts file to his MAC from my PC? I usually do exports as a .pst file from PC to PC. Will he be able to export his calendar from his MAC to my PC? It's not imperative I import his calendar as I only need to look at the appts. If he co...

MS Outlook 2002 "category" vs. "categories"
What I would like to do is assign a "category" or "categories" to emails which were sent to me so that I can sort by the field. My goal is to organize my inbox so that I can see at a glance, which emails need follow-up based on the category the email is assigned to. I am currently using folders to organize completed emails but don't want to use them for open emails that need follow-up. I tried setting up my inbox view to "group by" "categories", but didn't like the extra step of clicking the '+' to open the groups. What I have found so...

Alt+Tab not working for XL2000
All of a sudden, Alt+Tab will not navigate between XL workbooks. (Windows 2000 and Office 2000. ) Other office documents can be nagivated by Alt-Tab, but not Excel workbooks, I can nagivate only to the active workbook. The only change that I have made recently was adding Tracking Changes to a couple of Excel workbooks on the network. Any ideas on how to get my Alt+Tab keys to work in Excel again? Thanks Scott Scott Use Ctrl-Tab to navigate between workbooks, not Alt-Tab. Andy. "Scott" <scott@mail.mail.com> wrote in message news:3F5C9A03.7355EB18@mail.mail.com... > A...

Spellcheck
Is there a way to apply a spellcheck to the contents of a textbox? That's strange? My spell check is working in Text Boxes - Excel2000. -- Regards, Martin "zt" wrote: > Is there a way to apply a spellcheck to the contents of a textbox? how about excel 2003 "Martin" wrote: > That's strange? My spell check is working in Text Boxes - Excel2000. > -- > Regards, > > Martin > > > "zt" wrote: > > > Is there a way to apply a spellcheck to the contents of a textbox? Sorry I don't have access to Excel 2003 but I...

In HQ make works sheets formulas go cross tables..
It would be great to have more functionality in the HQ worksheet formula's if you add a supplier and they have a lot of items, but the costs are the same, a lot of time could be saved if you could copy the cost from the standard cost. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

Outlook Locks Up #8
Hello! I am using O2K SR1 on WinXP Pro with all updates applied. I use Outlook, close it, then open a different e-mail program but then find Outlook has not closed completely as the messages are being received by it instead of coming back to the other e-mail package. When I check Task Manager the third item down from the top is Outlook.exe and it shows CPU as 00 and Mem Usage as 14,376K. Occasionally Outlook takes a full minute to open, and then, once it is open if you click on Calendar (for example) it then takes another 30 seconds to open that item. What can be done to rectify th...

Office2010Beta-Outlook
I downloaded Office 2010 Beta - I had previously downloaded the 'Backup' function for my previous version of Outlook, and set it for a daily backup (it just popped up when I closed Outlook down) - in the new version I have to do it manually (when I eventually found it!). I cannot seem to be able set the Backup function by clicking File,Backup etc. Has something been missed? Is there a newer version of 'Backup' to download for this Beta version? -- timwilbers Tim Wilbers wrote: > I downloaded Office 2010 Beta - I had previously downloaded the 'Backup'...

The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working.
The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working. What can I do to make sure it continues to work? Thanks! ----- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim C As Range, D As Range Set D = Intersect(Range("A:A"), Target) If D Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each C In D On Error Resume Next Target.Offset(0, 6).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column E Target.Offset(0, 7).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column F Target.Offset(0, 9).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(RC7,I.O.! R2C1:R57...

Sharing Outlook Email and Calendar
Do I have to have Microsoft exchange in order to share calendar and email? I have just recently set up a home network (wireless) and would like to be able to view calendar and email from either computer. I am not able to access administration rights and the permission tab doesn't seem to be anywhere in the properties. Can someone help me? Thanks. Treva You can use just one .pst file over the network but only one Outlook at a time can access it. Simply cut and paste the .pst file to a shared drive or server, and then point each of your Outlook installations to the .pst file for...

Automatic Name Checking not working.
We have 2 pc's with Outlook2003 where the Automatic Check Name isn't working at all. Under Tools/Options/Email Options/ Advanced Email Options, the entry is checked for Automatic Name Checking. Any ideas why this isn't working correctly? Thanks for any leads you can give me. JStangl Explain what you are doing, what you think isn't working and why. Include your data store and your configuration of the Outlook Address Book. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jstangl" <jstangl01@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oj8extgYFHA.3488@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >...

Repeated Outlook CDO Update Prompts
Since installing the latest Office 2000 update as listed on the Office Update website on 1/16/06, we are getting repeatedly prompted to install the Outlook 2000 Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) update from the year 2000 on ALL our Windows 98 and ME machines. We have tried several times to (re)install the CDO update, and each time it says it installs successfully, yet it comes up again the next time we run Office Update. This appears to be a problem with the Office Update detection engine. As an addendum to this post, the update we installed on 1/16/06 (which ended up causing the CDO proble...

Baseline work and no resources?
This seems messed up to me but please tell me if you also see this. In MSP2007 and also MSP2003, I have discovered that in projects without resources that if I save a baseline in a file, with no resources at all, that the SW is calculating what would equal 1 FTE worth of baseline work on each non-zero duration task. The baseline work in this case can be seen in a resource usage view if you add the baseline work field. The baseline work is not timephased. Why woud it be doing this and how do I stop it? I tested with MSP SP2 and Dec CU and also the April 2010 CU. I also tested on ot...

OWA does not work after installing SP2 on Exchange 2003
I have installed SP2 on my Exchange 2003 and now when I go to check my email at home I cannot get onto my server. It keeps telling me to enter my domain\username. Was there soemthing I should have done after installing SP2? All I did was restart my machine. I am running Exchange on Windows 2003 server. Outlook Web Acces was working previous to installing SP2. Any help is greatly appreciated. Manny Is this happening internally too? Anything in the Event Viewer on the Exchange Server? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Manny Barrer...

Link stopped working
Money Small Business 2004 IE7 Windows XP Home Edition After downloading bank statements, the "Items To Review" link has stopped working. It shows that I have items to review, but the link does not work. I recently added a third account from the same bank, my wife's personal account, as well as mine and and joint account. Downloads didn't work quite right so I deleted my wife's account and started a separate file for her. This was about the time I started having problems with the reviewing link, so I suspect this may have something to do with it. Any thoughts as to how t...