Spell checker / ignore original message in reply or forward

When forwarding or replying, the spell checker will sometimes check to the
reply header information, and sometimes the entire original message.  I have
checked the "Ignore original message text" in setup.

Is there something else to do?

Thanks

--
M. Cooper
0

If you're using the option to prefix a character to each line of a reply
(typically a '>') the original will get checked. Not sure if there's a way
around it.

"coopfab" <coopfab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When forwarding or replying, the spell checker will sometimes check to the
> reply header information, and sometimes the entire original message.  I
> have
> checked the "Ignore original message text" in setup.
>
> Is there something else to do?

0
vince8328 (2733)
2/28/2006 8:02:16 PM
Thanks.  OK, now where is the set up to prefix the original email.

Thanks for your continued support.
--
M. Cooper

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> If you're using the option to prefix a character to each line of a reply
> (typically a '>') the original will get checked. Not sure if there's a way
> around it.
>
> "coopfab" <coopfab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When forwarding or replying, the spell checker will sometimes check to the
> > reply header information, and sometimes the entire original message.  I
> > have
> > checked the "Ignore original message text" in setup.
> >
> > Is there something else to do?

0
coopfab1 (9)
2/28/2006 8:29:28 PM
Tools menu > Options > Email options

> Thanks.  OK, now where is the set up to prefix the original email.

0
vince8328 (2733)
3/1/2006 11:24:58 AM
Thanks

--
M. Cooper

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Tools menu > Options > Email options
>
> "coopfab" <coopfab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks.  OK, now where is the set up to prefix the original email.

0
coopfab1 (9)
3/1/2006 12:50:28 PM
I am experiencing the same problem on "certain" HTML formatted e-mails.  If I
reply or forward an e-mail that is completely HTML (like a web-page) then the
text of the orginal message is being checked.

My suspiscion (sp) is that outlook is modifying the HTML in some way and
therefore it looks as if it was edited (much like the > issue listed above).

The thing is though that it does not happen on other HTML messages - it is a
sporadic issue.

I have one I can send if enyone is interested........

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Tools menu > Options > Email options
>
> "coopfab" <coopfab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks.  OK, now where is the set up to prefix the original email.

0
Poole (4)

Spell Check preferences?
Hi all, I have a user that is having problems with spell checking in Office 2004. When I set office up I did a full install with proofing tools, etc. The user is running OS 10.4.1. Here is the problem: spell checking never works unless he manually sets it up (he has to got through the tools->language & uncheck "do not check spelling or grammar..") routine for every single document he creates. My question is: Is there a way to set this to default for all documents? Thanks, burn01 jacobbehrnes@gmail.com I'm guessing you're talking about Word here. In Word, go to F...

Error Message on Startup
Since I upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2004, every time I start Outlook I get an error message upon logon. Then, starting it is OK. Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.4510.0, faulting module skchui.dll, version 1.0.1038.0, fault address 0x00030a63. What's the problem, folks? ...

Size limits for messages in Exchange
Hello All, With regards to size limits, we have imposed a restriction on users depending on who they are in our organisation, for the size of message that they can send and receive. The global setting is set to 2 MB The SMTP virtual setting is set to 10MB The exchange connector is set to unlimited Users mailbox setting is set to 2MB, except for directors which have a 6MB sending/receiving limit. Is it correct that the global setting overides the individual users setttings when a user sends or receives a message to/from an internet mail address?? But if they send a message internally t...

spelling script
Hi Guys, I'm trying to write a small spelling script that will do the following: Read a word from a text file: show it to the user then needs to type it without any spelling mistake if OK, he gets the next word in the text file if not than he needs to type the word again until he gets it right. Can any one help me with this ? Cheers, Simon "Type each word as it appears then hit enter. Type quit to exit." foreach ($word in (get-content words.txt)) { $correct = $false do { $answer = Read-Host $word if ($answer -ceq $word) {$correct = $true} if ($answer -eq &...

Message Size Best Practices
Hi, What are the best practices for limits on 1)a message size within an organization and 2)from the Internet? We're looking to institute a message size policy throughout our organization. Thanks! There are no best practices because they are unique to every organization. Your organization may routinely have a need to send large files to/from each other and over the Internet to other users. I realize that isn't the intent of what you are asking, but if you think about it, is it really wise to have someone else tell you what is/isn't good for your organization when they ...

Spell check anomaly
When I REPLY to a message, WLM always checks the spelling on the original message even though I have selected the option to ignore the original text in a reply. What gives? Is that a bug in WLM? Tom If you save a message to Drafts or an EML file or open while in the Outbox, that will happen since it lost track of what was original and what was new. Or is this happening when you just start a new reply? If so are you interspersing your reply with the original message? Or using stationery? -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Tom Brown" <Bu...

spell check #9
The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it up , if that is what needs to be done. Teri wrote: > The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing > happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it > up , if that is what needs to be done. And what version of Outlook are you running? ...

Outlook reply error (associated with SP3?)
Greetings. I recently bought a new Dell, wiped the drive, performed a clean install of my own licensed copies of XP Pro and Office XP Pro, and migrated all my settings from my old computer. For a few glorious days I enjoyed newfound speediness with no glitches whatsoever. Now I am running into the following message when I reply to a message in Outlook: "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" If I click Yes or No the new message window opens; both do the same thing. (Of course, clicking Yes means that I won't see th...

Problem with message tracking centre
hi there, recently i enable message tracking on my exchange 2003 sp2 server, although i had to do it using the adsiedit.msc snapin now when i go to track a message it come up with the following error message. the tracking database file \\server.domain.com\server.log\20060616.log is corrupted near byte offset 10027934. the tracking database file \\server.domain.com\server.log\20060617.log is corrupted near byte offset 10965613. the tracking database file \\server.domain.com\server.log\20060618.log is corrupted near byte offset 9985131. the tracking database file \\server.domain.com...

error messages #9
I have a user who has personal folders and recently started getting the following message. The data file 'file name' was not closed properly. This file is being checked for problems. I have archived some of his email to control the .pst file size. I have also run scanpst and a defrag in Outlook. The error message still comes up occasionally. He is running all the latest patches and updates to XP and Office... I am currently working on the same issue for customer. Have you tried to detect and repair on Outlook or reinstalling it. The profile could be corrupted as well. F...

Message Tracking: Client IP
Hello, using message tracking center on my Ex2003 server i found that there is no ability to track originating server from which message has been sent through the GUI. But this information present in the tracking log files. And after saving tracking result in the .xml i can see that there is info about originating server. Could you please tell what is the possible reason of such behaviour? And another question. Is there ability to log events such as connection created/received to/from other smtp hosts to the windows application log like in EX55? When i try to swithc on Diagnostic log...

spell checker is not finding spelling errors, any suggestions?
Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in order to test the spell checker, and it is not finding these mis-spelled words. I am thinking that spell checker is not being pointed to the right dictionary, or any dictionary, but I can't seem to troubleshoot this on my own. Any suggestions? Spellbound wrote: > Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has > completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in > order to test the spell checker, and it is not...

Outlook hangs when trying to open messages with certificates
I am unable to open messages with Digital Certificates. Also, atempting to do this hangs the program and I get a not- responding error. Any sugestions are welcomed. ...

predictive spelling
Does anyone know of a predictive spelling add- in for Excel 2000 or later? Other than the built in one, that is. I'd like something which refers to a separate worksheet that I can specify. TIA Greg Little ...

Oulook Delay when switching between messages
I am running Office XP on a XP Pro workstation. When I look at messages or switch between folders in outlook I net a consistant delay between each message. I will click on the next message but in the preview window the old message displays. After about 2 seconds the next message appears. I don't think it is a hardware issue because I am runing a 2ghz machine with 1gb of memory. Can someone help this is gettng annoying. Thanks, Bri Conrad Pfleging just solved the same problem I was having.... here's what he told me to do and it worked!!! "WHAT VERSION? If 2002, go to...

Spelling in Outlook
I run XP Pro SP1, IE 6.0 and its Outlook Express. I also run MS Office 97 Patch 2b with English and Brazilian dictionaries. Winword works fine with both dics. After write a message in OE and when trying to get it spelled, get foll box : "An error occured while the spelling was been checked". Does this happen with someone before ? Can anyone help me in find the solution for this problem ? Appreciate assistance ...

Please Help! Spanish has hijacked my Word 2007 spell checker!
I have saved (repeatedly in existing and new blank documents) all my settings to English, US. However, my spell checker is marking everything in red. When I look at it, the spell check suggests spanish spelling of the words. The spell checker says Spanish, US. I go back, all setting say English. Default language is set to English. I don't know what else to try. Make sure to turn off the "Detect language automatically" option in Review tab | Set Language. Note that once the language has changed in a document, you may have to select the whole document and manu...

Move and Follow message
How can you move a message form your inbox and automatically follow it. Thta way your response is automatically saved in the subject folder. ...

trying to retrieve data message
Hi all, Common message with unusual circumstances. We're rolling out Exchange 2000 by adding a 2000 server to a 5.5 site, moving everything over and then removing the 5.5 server. Since changing one of our sites in Germany, some of us are getting Outlook messages referring to the new server: Outlook is trying to retrieve data from Microsoft Exchange Server �servername' For me it just happens one in a while when I log out. Another user gets it quite frequently at various times whilst using Outlook. Outlook client is 2003. The German site is on a fairly fast VPN link but we all have...

Multiple e-mails on 2 computers(corrected spelling)
My wife's windows ME/Outlook 2000 pc suddenly began getting 2 of each e-mail several months ago. She has Norton AV on the computer but it had been working fine with the computer. She didn't renew the subscription for updates this go around since she was getting a new Dell. I can't say the multiple e-mails started when the Norton subscription expired because I don't know the exact dates. But I guess it could be a possible cause? When I connected her new Dell XP home Outlook 2002 computer through the DlinkDI604 router we use in the house so they could both download the same ...

Outlook 2002
I am not able to send an away message because the Out of Office Assistant menu command isn't on the Tools menu. I tried to enable the menu command by doing the following: On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the Other tab, and then click Advanced Options. Click Add-In Manager. Select the option Exchange Extensions commands. There is no "Exchange Extensions" commands. There is an "Exchange Extensions Property Pages", however that was already checked off. Any help would be appreciated. Skip Belsky Out of Office Assistant is an available feature only if yo...

Limit Message Size In Exchange 2000
I am trying to find a way to limit external email message to a certain size, say 5mb, while allowing internal messages to be up to 10mb. Is this possible? In Exchange 5.5 I set the limit in the Internet Mail Connector, but apparently this changed in 2000. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mark You can set this limit in properties of SMTP virtual server. Mark wrote: > I am trying to find a way to limit external email message to a certain > size, say 5mb, while allowing internal messages to be up to 10mb. Is > this possible? In Exchange 5.5 I set the limit in the Internet ...

watch/ignore
Outlook express has a column called "watch / ignore" - does Outlook 2003 have a similar thing or a substutute? No, there's no analog to those unless you consider the message flags in that same category. "tigron" <tigron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B53CAD6B-3BC8-45C8-8CF6-00C341601632@microsoft.com... > Outlook express has a column called "watch / ignore" - does Outlook 2003 > have > a similar thing or a substutute? ...

Formula to breakdown original amount with two components to the pe
I need a formula that will breakdown an original number with two components into multiple components which then add up to the original. The example below was generated with straight original x %, which ended up generating a $0.01 difference. I need the broken up figures to add up to the orginal to the penny. Thanks for your help! $5,475.00 + $273.75 = $5,748.75 28.55% = $1,563.11 + $78.16 = $1,641.27 24.42% = $1,337.00 + $66.85 = $1,403.85 19.25% = $1,053.94 + $52.70 = $1,106.64 13.95% = $763.76 + $38.19 = $801.95 13.83% = $757.19 + $37.86 =...

Using Microsoft word to edit e-mail messages
I'm having a problem when using "Use Microsoft word to edit e-mail messages". Outlook (2002)freezes up every time I use this option, but when I go into options, mail format and uncheck "Use Microsoft word to edit e-mail messages"...the problem is gone. I never had this problem before. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What patch level is Office at? Have you tried Detect and Repair? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my per...