SPELL CHECK - OUTLOOK EXPRESS

I am unable to use spell check in outlook express....get
the message...."an error occurred while the spelling was
checked"....

any help would be appreciated..thnx...sam
0
anonymous (74718)

If you are on exchange try and remove your profile folder
from both the server and the client machine.  Had the same
problem last week.

0
ohein (1)
9/21/2004 6:42:30 PM
Owen <ohein@sasktel.net> wrote:

> If you are on exchange try and remove your profile folder
> from both the server and the client machine.  Had the same
> problem last week.

The OP said "Outlook Express".  Please read posts before answering them.
--
Brian Tillman
0
SAM KUMAR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am unable to use spell check in outlook express....get
> the message...."an error occurred while the spelling was
> checked"....

Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm

Spell Checker Not Working in Windows XP
http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/xp_oe.htm#xp_spell_checker

if these fail, see if http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com has the information you
need.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"SAM KUMAR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am unable to use spell check in outlook express....get
> the message...."an error occurred while the spelling was
> checked"....
>
> any help would be appreciated..thnx...sam

0
dianenws (1904)

"Rule Could not be Created, check your folder permissions"
Outlook 2002, WinXP Pro.. tried adding work's exchange server but couldn't access it through the internet. Removed the Exchange account from Tools->Email Accounts, and now cannot create message rules with the "Organize" button on the toolbar. Any way to restore the permissions? Try running Detect and Repair. Also, ask your Exchange admin for the protocol to access your Exchange server mail. He will probably have to set you up with a VPN connector and give you some instructions. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discuss...

Spell Check preferences?
Hi all, I have a user that is having problems with spell checking in Office 2004. When I set office up I did a full install with proofing tools, etc. The user is running OS 10.4.1. Here is the problem: spell checking never works unless he manually sets it up (he has to got through the tools->language & uncheck "do not check spelling or grammar..") routine for every single document he creates. My question is: Is there a way to set this to default for all documents? Thanks, burn01 jacobbehrnes@gmail.com I'm guessing you're talking about Word here. In Word, go to F...

spelling script
Hi Guys, I'm trying to write a small spelling script that will do the following: Read a word from a text file: show it to the user then needs to type it without any spelling mistake if OK, he gets the next word in the text file if not than he needs to type the word again until he gets it right. Can any one help me with this ? Cheers, Simon "Type each word as it appears then hit enter. Type quit to exit." foreach ($word in (get-content words.txt)) { $correct = $false do { $answer = Read-Host $word if ($answer -ceq $word) {$correct = $true} if ($answer -eq &...

Spell check anomaly
When I REPLY to a message, WLM always checks the spelling on the original message even though I have selected the option to ignore the original text in a reply. What gives? Is that a bug in WLM? Tom If you save a message to Drafts or an EML file or open while in the Outbox, that will happen since it lost track of what was original and what was new. Or is this happening when you just start a new reply? If so are you interspersing your reply with the original message? Or using stationery? -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Tom Brown" <Bu...

spell check #9
The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it up , if that is what needs to be done. Teri wrote: > The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing > happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it > up , if that is what needs to be done. And what version of Outlook are you running? ...

wanting to add boxes that can be checked
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am wanting to add boxes that can be checked or unchecked. <br> Any suggestions? Thank you It's a Field named "Checkbox". Try Insert>HTML Object>Checkbox... Or: View>Toolbars>Forms and use the Forms checkbox. The HTML one looks nicer :-) Cheers On 29/05/10 1:54 AM, in article 59bb91c1.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "The_Bean@officeformac.com" <The_Bean@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) P...

spell checker is not finding spelling errors, any suggestions?
Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in order to test the spell checker, and it is not finding these mis-spelled words. I am thinking that spell checker is not being pointed to the right dictionary, or any dictionary, but I can't seem to troubleshoot this on my own. Any suggestions? Spellbound wrote: > Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has > completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in > order to test the spell checker, and it is not...

predictive spelling
Does anyone know of a predictive spelling add- in for Excel 2000 or later? Other than the built in one, that is. I'd like something which refers to a separate worksheet that I can specify. TIA Greg Little ...

Please Help! Spanish has hijacked my Word 2007 spell checker!
I have saved (repeatedly in existing and new blank documents) all my settings to English, US. However, my spell checker is marking everything in red. When I look at it, the spell check suggests spanish spelling of the words. The spell checker says Spanish, US. I go back, all setting say English. Default language is set to English. I don't know what else to try. Make sure to turn off the "Detect language automatically" option in Review tab | Set Language. Note that once the language has changed in a document, you may have to select the whole document and manu...

Multiple e-mails on 2 computers(corrected spelling)
My wife's windows ME/Outlook 2000 pc suddenly began getting 2 of each e-mail several months ago. She has Norton AV on the computer but it had been working fine with the computer. She didn't renew the subscription for updates this go around since she was getting a new Dell. I can't say the multiple e-mails started when the Norton subscription expired because I don't know the exact dates. But I guess it could be a possible cause? When I connected her new Dell XP home Outlook 2002 computer through the DlinkDI604 router we use in the house so they could both download the same ...

How to print last page of checking?
I'm using Money 2004 Small Business. In a checking account, how do I print a certain date range? The only option is to print all or some select number of pages, which is useless since you have no idea which page you are on. Thanks, Brett Try a customized transactions by account report. "brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:1135959824.960676.265200@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm using Money 2004 Small Business. In a checking account, how do I > print a certain date range? The only option is to print all or some > select number of page...

No spelling
In Outlook express V. 6 - I have no spelling tools. No Tolls-Options-Spelling Tab and can not do manual spelling for out-going mails ...

Restart check number
we have printed AP checks using the check number from 0000000001 to 0000000006, but we havent posted those batches. we have only one checbook. Now can we restart the check number from 000001. Then do we need to delete the previous batches for checks printed. What is the best approach in this regard. Thanks in Advance, Arun. In the Post Payables Checks batch window (Transactions > Purchasing > Post Checks), choose the batch in question, then select Reprint Checks from the drop-down list. Enter 000001 for your starting check number. You will also need to go ...

Spell Checking
When I click on spell checking prior to sending email. I do not get a message that it is ok. After about a minute, I click on send message, and get the message that spell checker has not completed spell checking, do I want to send anyway? I always check send. Just how long does it take for the spell checker take to check a very short message maybe 200 words, with several links within the message? Bill You could check spelling as you type. Misspelled words will be underlined. Just click on an underlined word to correct the spelling. Checking before sending wants to check...

Spell checking issue in Final view using Word 2004
I ask this question on behalf of a friend. She writes: I just tried to do a spell check using the final view. Although my actual Word copy shows the final version, both the deleted text and the new text show up in the spell-check window. I'm using Word for Mac 2004 (version 11.3). A screen shot is available, if it will assist in arriving at a solution. Thanks, Leigh Hello Leigh, Thanks for posting this. I am not sure what you mean by "final view" as far as I know there is no view named such. If you could explain this more and send that screenshot my way, that would be super...

"name check" problem
In syncing my Treo 270 I get a new window which states that "Outlook unable to recognize (square shape- I cannot duplicate the shape of a square here???)" the sync cannot continue-HELP John ...

Check Number
I have three companies setup. Each company has one bank - which we use both for payroll and Payables. The bank and the check books are setup identically. On one of the companies, the "next check number" field does not update after posting checks. The user has to manually override the next check number everytime they print checks. Thanks Is the same user printing checks for all companies? Are the checks printed and posting attempted immediately? Is posting completing properly? Is the one company with the problem much older? Could the check numbers be duplicating existing ...

Spell Check on strike?
Suddenly Spell Check had decided to stop working in one of my long documents. Running it manually doesn't work--it finds no errors, including the deliberate misspellings I added when I noticed its failure to correct or at least mark an obvious mispelling. Duplicated words are not flagged either. I did the usual Okay-Word-got-itself-corrupted-again drill and copied all but the last few (blank) paragraphs into a new blank document. Still no luck. This is Word 2003 SP3. Any suggestions? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnh...

How To Check SQL Connection (DAO)
Dear all, In load event of main menu, I want to check SQL Connection. If it's not successful, I want to open a dialog box of database connection. How to check the SQL connection is sucessful or not using DAO ? Thanks. Chlaris If you are using a DSN with a userid and password or a DSN-less connection with windows authentication, you may be able to use something like the following. I haven't tested this with a DSN and using windows authentication. I suspect that the connect string would look like strConnect = "ODBC;DSN=CMSH;DATABASE=CMSH;Trusted_Connec...

OL2003/WinXP
I have an odd problem and have searched both Usenet as well as MSFT support to no avail. I am running Outlook 2003 SP1 on Win XP Professional SP2. If I reply to an HTML message and check spelling of my content (before sending, of course) by highlighting and pressing F7, Outlook gives me the usual "Finished checking the selection. Do you want to check the rest of the items." message - even if there are blatant spelling errors!!! If instead I were to Save my message and then reopen it to try the highlight+F7 experiment again, then Outlook works as expected. Help! FWIW, I am not usi...

spelling
does spell check work for outlook express,is there a verson that it will work? Go here for a free spell checker. http://www.paulsxp.com/downloads.html. -- Curt. ------------------------------------------------- "richard" <rhardy1@triad.rr.com> wrote in message news:034d01c35e07$08497640$a501280a@phx.gbl... > does spell check work for outlook express,is there a > verson that it will work? only if you have an office product installed - richard wrote: > does spell check work for outlook express,is there a > verson that it will work? -- Diane Poremsky [MV...

Oulook Express
First I am trying to figure out how to transfer outlook express mail for my old laptop to outlook(not express) on my new laptop. I can find what the oulook express file extensions are. Thanx Peter >-----Original Message----- >First I am trying to figure out how to transfer outlook >express mail for my old laptop to outlook(not express) on >my new laptop. I can find what the oulook express file >extensions are. >Thanx >Peter > > > > > > >. >Have you tried the Import/ Export function. I just did the same, but it was Outlook Express to o...

Payables Checks Getting Generated With 0 Value
Hello: When we go to build a batch in the "Select Payables Checks" screen (GP8.00g73), the checks get created, but there are also a number of checks getting created with a value of $0. We do not have any invoices in the system for $0, so we are just wondering what we can do to stop this from happening. Every time we have to go through and manually delete 20-30 $0 value checks in order for the batch to post. Is there any way to find out why these checks are getting generated? This happens because there were previously invoices that were paid by manual payment, so ...

GP 10: Check printing format problems
When printing a check from the Payables Transaction Entry window, the check does not print with the same alignment from different workstations, eventhough the same printer and check format is used on all workstations. By alignment I mean the pay to name, check date, and check numerical amount are in different positions. Would a different operating system be the cause of this, some have XP others have Vista or would there be another reason for this? Yes, absolutely - a different printer driver can cause this. However, usually it will be a slight difference in alignment, so if they are ...

No more Spelling
Hello, I work with Office X and added the value pack and the patches 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5. I have the X.2.6 version for MacOS. Suddendly (few weeks ago), my mac decided that I could not have spelling corrections for some langages, of course the one I use the most i.e. English UK and US as well as French. The grammar seems to work for word (I got green waves) and powerpoint, but nothing is available for entourage (the spelling preference tab is in grey!). So I would like to know how I can get back my spelling??? Thank you for your help Tatiana ...