spell check #9

The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing
happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it
up , if that is what needs to be done.
0
anonymous (74717)

Teri wrote:
> The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing
> happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it
> up , if that is what needs to be done.

And what version of Outlook are you running?

0
bastet (136)

"Rule Could not be Created, check your folder permissions"
Outlook 2002, WinXP Pro.. tried adding work's exchange server but couldn't access it through the internet. Removed the Exchange account from Tools->Email Accounts, and now cannot create message rules with the "Organize" button on the toolbar. Any way to restore the permissions? Try running Detect and Repair. Also, ask your Exchange admin for the protocol to access your Exchange server mail. He will probably have to set you up with a VPN connector and give you some instructions. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discuss...

Crystal Enhancement 9.2.2
Hello All - I've upgraded to 1.2 and have uninstalled CR 8.5/and Enhancement and installed CR 9.2.2/and Enhancement. Problem: Within CR 9.2.2/en I noticed there is no "For MS CRM" in the splash, and when I try to connect via Enterprise, it does not see the CRM CR Enterpise, only my local database. Has anyone had this problem, if so, mind sharing how it got fixed? I have tried uninstalling CR, all keys, files, etc, rebooting and installing it again - no luck. Thanks Kristina where did you load crystal? "Kristina Ledford" <noemails@noemails.com> wrote in ...

Spell Check preferences?
Hi all, I have a user that is having problems with spell checking in Office 2004. When I set office up I did a full install with proofing tools, etc. The user is running OS 10.4.1. Here is the problem: spell checking never works unless he manually sets it up (he has to got through the tools->language & uncheck "do not check spelling or grammar..") routine for every single document he creates. My question is: Is there a way to set this to default for all documents? Thanks, burn01 jacobbehrnes@gmail.com I'm guessing you're talking about Word here. In Word, go to F...

spelling script
Hi Guys, I'm trying to write a small spelling script that will do the following: Read a word from a text file: show it to the user then needs to type it without any spelling mistake if OK, he gets the next word in the text file if not than he needs to type the word again until he gets it right. Can any one help me with this ? Cheers, Simon "Type each word as it appears then hit enter. Type quit to exit." foreach ($word in (get-content words.txt)) { $correct = $false do { $answer = Read-Host $word if ($answer -ceq $word) {$correct = $true} if ($answer -eq &...

Spell check anomaly
When I REPLY to a message, WLM always checks the spelling on the original message even though I have selected the option to ignore the original text in a reply. What gives? Is that a bug in WLM? Tom If you save a message to Drafts or an EML file or open while in the Outbox, that will happen since it lost track of what was original and what was new. Or is this happening when you just start a new reply? If so are you interspersing your reply with the original message? Or using stationery? -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Tom Brown" <Bu...

Crystal Reports 9 Timeout 05-02-06
I have read all of the posts related to Crystal timing out or hanging when reports are run against large datasets, but there doesn't seem to be any real solutions out there for CRM 1.2. I have a client that adds about 100,000 new opportunities a quarter and upper management needs to be able to run some reports that show all of the opportunities in nice little bar charts. Aside from the max db results trick, is there anything that can be done for a 1.2 installation? As an aside....it seems there a huge number of posts dealing with problems for Reporting Services. Is reporting really bette...

error messages #9
I have a user who has personal folders and recently started getting the following message. The data file 'file name' was not closed properly. This file is being checked for problems. I have archived some of his email to control the .pst file size. I have also run scanpst and a defrag in Outlook. The error message still comes up occasionally. He is running all the latest patches and updates to XP and Office... I am currently working on the same issue for customer. Have you tried to detect and repair on Outlook or reinstalling it. The profile could be corrupted as well. F...

spell check #9
The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it up , if that is what needs to be done. Teri wrote: > The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing > happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it > up , if that is what needs to be done. And what version of Outlook are you running? ...

Upgrade from OA 2007 to MDGP 9
I have read on Microsoft's website that the transition from Office Accounting 2007 Professional to Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains is a rather simple migration; however, I cannot find one single document or whitepaper on the best practices or best methodology for facilitating such a move. Would someone point me in the correct direction? Out books are not that complicated; however, we are heavy into project accounting and would like to integrate our accounting package with CRM 3.0. We have an in-house IT staff that I am comfortable with performing the upgrade, but would like a clearer pict...

wanting to add boxes that can be checked
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am wanting to add boxes that can be checked or unchecked. <br> Any suggestions? Thank you It's a Field named "Checkbox". Try Insert>HTML Object>Checkbox... Or: View>Toolbars>Forms and use the Forms checkbox. The HTML one looks nicer :-) Cheers On 29/05/10 1:54 AM, in article 59bb91c1.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "The_Bean@officeformac.com" <The_Bean@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) P...

spell checker is not finding spelling errors, any suggestions?
Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in order to test the spell checker, and it is not finding these mis-spelled words. I am thinking that spell checker is not being pointed to the right dictionary, or any dictionary, but I can't seem to troubleshoot this on my own. Any suggestions? Spellbound wrote: > Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has > completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in > order to test the spell checker, and it is not...

predictive spelling
Does anyone know of a predictive spelling add- in for Excel 2000 or later? Other than the built in one, that is. I'd like something which refers to a separate worksheet that I can specify. TIA Greg Little ...

Spelling in Outlook
I run XP Pro SP1, IE 6.0 and its Outlook Express. I also run MS Office 97 Patch 2b with English and Brazilian dictionaries. Winword works fine with both dics. After write a message in OE and when trying to get it spelled, get foll box : "An error occured while the spelling was been checked". Does this happen with someone before ? Can anyone help me in find the solution for this problem ? Appreciate assistance ...

GP 9.0 General Ledger Posting date is missing or invalid
I'm hoping this is an easy fix since I can't find any comments on this error. When I attempt to post Sales transaction batches, no matter how I have configured the system I always receive an error in the posting report stating **ERROR: The General Ledger posting date is missing or invalid. Does anyone have any advice on how to get around this? Thanks! Louis Delouiser Louis, I have seen this happen when you have existing transactions and change you posting setup options. Try this as a test: open one of the transactions that is getting this error, move it to a new batch...

Please Help! Spanish has hijacked my Word 2007 spell checker!
I have saved (repeatedly in existing and new blank documents) all my settings to English, US. However, my spell checker is marking everything in red. When I look at it, the spell check suggests spanish spelling of the words. The spell checker says Spanish, US. I go back, all setting say English. Default language is set to English. I don't know what else to try. Make sure to turn off the "Detect language automatically" option in Review tab | Set Language. Note that once the language has changed in a document, you may have to select the whole document and manu...

Multiple e-mails on 2 computers(corrected spelling)
My wife's windows ME/Outlook 2000 pc suddenly began getting 2 of each e-mail several months ago. She has Norton AV on the computer but it had been working fine with the computer. She didn't renew the subscription for updates this go around since she was getting a new Dell. I can't say the multiple e-mails started when the Norton subscription expired because I don't know the exact dates. But I guess it could be a possible cause? When I connected her new Dell XP home Outlook 2002 computer through the DlinkDI604 router we use in the house so they could both download the same ...

How to print last page of checking?
I'm using Money 2004 Small Business. In a checking account, how do I print a certain date range? The only option is to print all or some select number of pages, which is useless since you have no idea which page you are on. Thanks, Brett Try a customized transactions by account report. "brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:1135959824.960676.265200@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm using Money 2004 Small Business. In a checking account, how do I > print a certain date range? The only option is to print all or some > select number of page...

Restart check number
we have printed AP checks using the check number from 0000000001 to 0000000006, but we havent posted those batches. we have only one checbook. Now can we restart the check number from 000001. Then do we need to delete the previous batches for checks printed. What is the best approach in this regard. Thanks in Advance, Arun. In the Post Payables Checks batch window (Transactions > Purchasing > Post Checks), choose the batch in question, then select Reprint Checks from the drop-down list. Enter 000001 for your starting check number. You will also need to go ...

No spelling
In Outlook express V. 6 - I have no spelling tools. No Tolls-Options-Spelling Tab and can not do manual spelling for out-going mails ...

Spell Checking
When I click on spell checking prior to sending email. I do not get a message that it is ok. After about a minute, I click on send message, and get the message that spell checker has not completed spell checking, do I want to send anyway? I always check send. Just how long does it take for the spell checker take to check a very short message maybe 200 words, with several links within the message? Bill You could check spelling as you type. Misspelled words will be underlined. Just click on an underlined word to correct the spelling. Checking before sending wants to check...

Missing stored procedure zDP_DB_UpgradeSS_1 when install 9.0 SP4
Tried to upgrade a server with GP 9 SP2 to GP SP4. Got this error when upgrading. The Service Pack installs, I start GP utilities, I see the upgrade screen flash for a bit, then I get the message, please wait while the Server is upgraded. It then hangs with the this error in the log over and over again. -=dexsql.log.=- /* Date: 12/05/2008 Time: 4:32:23 stmt(19894072):*/ EXEC DYNAMICS.dbo.zDP_DB_UpgradeSS_1 'DYNAMICS', 1042 /* /* Date: 12/05/2008 Time: 4:32:23 SQLSTATE:(37000) Native Err:(2812) stmt(19894072):*/ [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Could not find stored proce...

Spell checking issue in Final view using Word 2004
I ask this question on behalf of a friend. She writes: I just tried to do a spell check using the final view. Although my actual Word copy shows the final version, both the deleted text and the new text show up in the spell-check window. I'm using Word for Mac 2004 (version 11.3). A screen shot is available, if it will assist in arriving at a solution. Thanks, Leigh Hello Leigh, Thanks for posting this. I am not sure what you mean by "final view" as far as I know there is no view named such. If you could explain this more and send that screenshot my way, that would be super...

How do you distribute global changes? (format strings etc) GP 9.0
This one is stumping me for the moment. In brief, the client needs to be able to enter phone numbers that are not compatable with the canned Phone_Number format and data types. I was able to make the change on my test machine easily enough, but I am uncertain if there are any gotchas in the distribution process. I found a knowledge base article that tells me I will need to copy Forms.dic and Dynamics.vba to the client machines. But, does it matter what order I do that in as regards my other modifications? I have a .cnk file, as well as simple modifed forms and reports (with and witho...

Check Number
I have three companies setup. Each company has one bank - which we use both for payroll and Payables. The bank and the check books are setup identically. On one of the companies, the "next check number" field does not update after posting checks. The user has to manually override the next check number everytime they print checks. Thanks Is the same user printing checks for all companies? Are the checks printed and posting attempted immediately? Is posting completing properly? Is the one company with the problem much older? Could the check numbers be duplicating existing ...

"name check" problem
In syncing my Treo 270 I get a new window which states that "Outlook unable to recognize (square shape- I cannot duplicate the shape of a square here???)" the sync cannot continue-HELP John ...