Speakers not working.

My computer speakers (small ones) stopped working. Tried some new ones...
same problem..no sound. Could someone instruct me how to check the drivers
or sound card.
Thanks.

0
Terry

Outlook question? You should check to see if your speakers are muted. Go to
Control Panel, Sounds and go thru all the links--volume control will have a
mute button. If there's a speaker icon on the lower right, use that to get to
the controls. You should ask about this in the forum for your operating
system.

"Terry" wrote:

> My computer speakers (small ones) stopped working. Tried some new ones...
> same problem..no sound. Could someone instruct me how to check the drivers
> or sound card.
> Thanks.

0
Mary1 (682)
6/16/2006 2:04:02 PM
"Terry" <redmunds (remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
> My computer speakers (small ones) stopped working. Tried some new
> ones... same problem..no sound. Could someone instruct me how to
> check the drivers or sound card.
> Thanks.
Have you check to see of the speakers have been muted? Check Control
Panel > Sounds and Audio Device Properties. On the Volume tab, is the
Mute box checked? Another thing to check is if your PC has a hardware
mute button. Many laptops have a button to disable sounds.

Brian

0
notbrian (5)
6/16/2006 2:06:37 PM
Not an Outlook Express question. Stick to the XP newsgroups.
--
           Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"Terry" <redmunds (remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
> My computer speakers (small ones) stopped working. Tried some new ones...
> same problem..no sound. Could someone instruct me how to check the drivers
> or sound card.
> Thanks.

0
Nospam7129 (23)
6/16/2006 2:19:06 PM
"Terry" <redmunds (remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
> My computer speakers (small ones) stopped working. Tried some new
> ones... same problem..no sound. Could someone instruct me how to check
> the drivers or sound card.

You can't manage to figure out that Outlook Express, Internet Explorer,
and Outlook have nothing to do with your speakers and yet you cross-post
to those groups.  Yeah, bet you can't even figure out how to unmute the
volume control, turn on the power to the powered speakers, or turn the
volume control on those powered speakers, too.  What a dufus!

I think you missed a couple of ng's

"Terry" <redmunds (remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
> My computer speakers (small ones) stopped working. Tried some new ones...
> same problem..no sound. Could someone instruct me how to check the drivers
> or sound card.
> Thanks.

0
dl6256 (276)
6/16/2006 7:34:30 PM
"Terry" <redmunds (remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
> My computer speakers (small ones) stopped working. Tried some new ones...
> same problem..no sound. Could someone instruct me how to check the drivers
> or sound card.
> Thanks.

Hi Terry
Ignore the gibes and insults - have you tried the suggestions given by those
who tried to help.
If not then the one group you did not post to which might have been more
productive, would been windowsxp.hardware.
Good luck
Antioch

And what FORUM would that be???
Call that help??????????????????
Antioch

"Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Outlook question? You should check to see if your speakers are muted. Go
> Control Panel, Sounds and go thru all the links--volume control will have
> mute button. If there's a speaker icon on the lower right, use that to get
> the controls. You should ask about this in the forum for your operating
> system.
>
> "Terry" wrote:
>
>> My computer speakers (small ones) stopped working. Tried some new ones...
>> same problem..no sound. Could someone instruct me how to check the
>> drivers
>> or sound card.
>> Thanks.

"Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Outlook question? You should check to see if your speakers are muted. Go
> Control Panel, Sounds and go thru all the links--volume control will have
> mute button. If there's a speaker icon on the lower right, use that to get
> the controls. You should ask about this in the forum for your operating
> system.

He did that, too.  In fact, in three fora for his operating system.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Reply in newsgroup

Ouch!  Was that really necessary?

--
Curt   BD-MVBT

http://dundats.mvps.org/
http://dundats.proboards27.com/index.cgi
http://www.aumha.org/

"Curt Christianson" <curtchristnsn@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ouch!  Was that really necessary?

Yeah, I'm grouchy today, especially with dumb questions (dumb, in this
case, being the inability to discern by a group's title just what the
group is about).  I feel no remorse about being abrupt with a poster
that deliberately shotguns their post to groups that are obviously
unrelated, especially to the problem.

I have no idea why this has happened to me, and why there is such an easy
fix.. but  a reboot has fixed it before.. when I log back on I have sound...
:) Rainy
"Terry" <redmunds (remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
My computer speakers (small ones) stopped working. Tried some new ones...
same problem..no sound. Could someone instruct me how to check the drivers
or sound card.
Thanks.

0
rainy1 (1)
6/17/2006 3:21:21 AM
What if... ?

The user were dependent upon accessibility features with a preference to
sound prompts as opposed to mainly and singularly onscreen prompts?

Vanguard wrote:
> "Curt Christianson" <curtchristnsn@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Ouch!  Was that really necessary?
>

> Yeah, I'm grouchy today, especially with dumb questions (dumb, in this
> case, being the inability to discern by a group's title just what the
> group is about).  I feel no remorse about being abrupt with a poster
> that deliberately shotguns their post to groups that are obviously
> unrelated, especially to the problem.

0
the.deebs (13)
6/17/2006 8:57:46 AM
"deebs" <the.deebs@bogusfalse.noo> wrote in message
> What if... ?
>
> The user were dependent upon accessibility features with a preference
> to sound prompts as opposed to mainly and singularly onscreen prompts?

Pretty wild guesses on your part considering the dearth of information
from the OP.  The OP said his speakers weren't "working".  He didn't say
they didn't work for just the Outlook or Internet Explorer sound events.
Until the OP comes back with more details, there is no point in wasting
the time, bandwidth, and disk space proposing thousands of guesses as to
how to solve the ill-defined problem.  I could guess that the OP was
plugging the speakers into the Mic jack instead of the Spkr jack, too.

I hear ya Vanguard...You just caught me on an extremely patient day ;-))

--

> "Curt Christianson" <curtchristnsn@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Ouch!  Was that really necessary?
>

> Yeah, I'm grouchy today, especially with dumb questions (dumb, in this
> case, being the inability to discern by a group's title just what the
> group is about).  I feel no remorse about being abrupt with a poster that
> deliberately shotguns their post to groups that are obviously unrelated,
> especially to the problem.

Why does this code not work?
The following code gives me 'function not found'. According to the Help page for Eval function, it should work? Private Sub butRun_Click() Dim strMod As String strMod = "Gumbo" Eval (strMod & "()") <========= fails here End Sub Private Function Gumbo() As Boolean MsgBox "Gumbo" Gumbo = True End Function "mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in message news:745CFEDE-8C04-44EC-969A-6D325A8633E8@microsoft.com... > The following code gives me 'function not found'. According to the Help > pag...

Making my App only work so many times
I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction or give me some ideas of how to make my App only run a few times until I get paid for my work. I recently was fired for wrecking a company car, but now they have called me to write them a small App. (Guess they needed me more then i needed them, LOL..) I'm thinking they will pay me but they will sell it to other companies in our area. I would like to get paid if they do. I was thinking of making a ini file to hold how many times the app could open before it needed a password. But how can i change the passwor...

pc speaker beep??
I have got most of the system sounds under control thru the Control Panel Sounds. But on one pc, that does not even have speakers or an audio device, I sometimes get a "beep" from the builtin pc speaker when I do certain actions. I can find nowhere to turn off this annoying beep. Help?? I believ that what you need to do is go to Device Manager and on the View menu, select the Show Hidden Devices item. Expand the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section in the right pan and disable the device called "Beep". Louis "chuck" <cciafNOSPAMfone@verizonNOSPAMk....

Looking forward to working with you all!
I am excited to be working with all of you! -- wgm007 And you would be??? But welcome in any case. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:34:04 +0000, wgm007 <wgm007.20a75bf@excelbanter.com> wrote: > >I am excited to be working with all of you! > And you would be??? Double - O - Seven ... James Bond (re OP's moniker) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- Good point "M" Gord On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:54:46 +0800, "Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote: >> And you would be??? >Double -...

OMA Not working #5
I think I have tried the solution every KB I could find for EVENT ID:1503. We have 2 identical Exchange Servers, each return the same errors - I've adjusted permissions on the OMA Virtual Directory as per serveral KB's - still cannot access the OMA directory via a web browser or any smartphone device. The web browser returns this: A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as we would love to ditch the Blackberrys ASAP. ;) Event Type: ...

Coding logic not working
Is there a good debugging tool that I can use for my coding work ? Yes, there is - Visual Studio :). Do you need anything else or do you have any special needs that Visual Studio is not able to accomodate? Kind regards, Kuba -- Kuba Skalbania MCT, MCSD, MCBMSP - Developer for Dynamics CRM 4.0, Applications for Dynamics CRM 4.0 First Polish Dynamics CRM Blog: http://www.crmblog.pl ".NET Coder" wrote: > Is there a good debugging tool that I can use for my coding work ? > > > ...

slide timing not working properly in powerpoint
It goes for about 3 slides and then stays on that slide although it supposed to stay for 23 seconds. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Hi What is on the problem slide? Any animations? Audio? And which version are you using? Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "goody" <goody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6DB769A-74BE-4ABE-A0A9-5645180C01E2@microsoft.com... > It goes for about 3 slides and then stays on that slide although it > supposed > to stay for 23 seconds. What am I d...

calendar not working
I have Outlook 2003. As of a few days ago, my Calendar essentially stopped working. I can open the day, work week, week, month views to see the subject of each entry, but I can no longer add new entries nor open up the ones previously entered to see the details. I have run my Repair program, but this did not help. Suggestions? Lewis ...

Send/receive quit working
I have used Outlook 2002 without a problem for 6 weeks on a new Dell running home xp with the Mcafee security system including firewall. Microsoft articles suggest that outlook and Mcafee firewall are not compatible (worked for 6 weeks?) and the solution is to uninstall the Mcafee securities. Is there a way to run Mcafee with Outlook 2002? Is this just the firewall or also the anti-virus? If McAfee version 7, you will need to visit the McAfee forums for a fix. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.group...

Forwarding not working ??
I have a mail filter set up to automatically forward home mail to my work address. This use to work in my outlook express 6 but now I get this message. Your message rules did not Forward or Reply to 1 message(s) because the message would have been sent to one of your accounts. Account: 'pop.broadband.mail.com', Server: 'pop.broadband.mail.com' The message is telling me the truth that is I do have several accounts to pick up mail in my live.mail and one of them is the same account that the mail is being forwarded to, but I need the mail to be forwarded to this ...

Publisher Web Site Doesn't Work
I created an awesome website with Publisher and Published it locally just to view it. None of the graphics show up and no links show up. All I can see is text and the background. All files are there and in their proper place and the xml file list is there with all files listed. It clearly knows where to get the files because it's pulling the background and text - why isn't it showing graphics and links etc? Please help - I don't want to lose my budding techy enthusiasm!!! When you Publish to the Web, Publisher 2003 produces an index.htm file and an index_files folder i...

Insert Row macro not working
I have the following macro set up but it keeps hanging up on the first indented line. Sub Insertrow() ' ' Insertrow Macro ' Macro recorded 10/6/2005 by DCTC ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+i ' Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long iLastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "F").End(x1Up).Row For i = iLastRow To 1 Step -1 If Cells(i, "F").Value = "Total" Then Rows(i + 1).EntireRow.Insert End If Next i End Sub a cursory look suggests you need to change 1 to l -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.co...

Exchange AutoArchive Not Working with GPO (Outlk11.adm)
We have configured Exchange auto-archiving thru GPOs and the 'outlk11.adm' template. I know the GPO is applying successfully to all workstations because in Outlook, all archive options at Tools > Options > Other > AutoArchive are all greyed out. What's odd is that no 'archive.pst' files are being created anywhere on each computer 1. What am I doing wrong? 2. Is the archive supposed to be named this way? 3. Can I change the default location of the archive? Thanks I have a rapidly filling up Exchange server and I am experiencing the same problem. Please...

Outlook Sending not working correctly
I have Outlook 2002 as part of office XP. Recently when I send an email the message goes into the out box like normal and it appears to be sending according to the details box. However, the message remains in the outbox and I have been told by receipients that they are receiving dozens of the same message. I have a DSL connection, no firewall, and mcafee 8 antivirus. My operating system MS WinXP is up to date as so is my office software. Please help as this is really frustrating to me and all who recieve email from me. BTW. I tried regular dial up through my modem (not dsl) and the same...

out of office not working #3
We have an SBS 2000 server and from that i have a client machine running outlook 2000, my account is also set to forward all mail to an external email account as well as delivering to my exchange mail box. When i've enabled the out of office assistant in the office last week it didn't appear to work for external contacts , and for internal contacts only worked for the first email they sent to me. Anyone got any ideas? Paul ...

Speakers do not work
Installed new Realtek driver. Can hear internal sounds, but Speakers do not work. Anyone know how to turn off internal sounds and enable external sounds? Artistic License wrote: > Installed new Realtek driver. Why? Was your sound output not working before? Why did you "fix" something that wasn't broke? > Can hear internal sounds, What might be "internal sounds"? Whether you even have speakers attached, you will always hear your hard disk spinning, case fans, and other noise generators inside your computer's case that have nothing to do...

SDIO WiFi only work at low speed��
hi�� my platform(pxa310)'MMC1 connects a SDIO WiFi module,but I met a problem:the SDIO WiFi only works at a lower speed(312500 and 625000 at 1 bit or 4 bit),other speed will TIMEOUT Response�� Any ideas�� On 2/27/2010 2:43 PM, Kevin Ldw wrote: > hi�� > > my platform(pxa310)'MMC1 connects a SDIO WiFi module,but I met a > problem:the SDIO WiFi only works at a lower speed(312500 and 625000 at 1 bit > or 4 bit),other speed will TIMEOUT Response�� > Any ideas�� Check the wi-fi chip specification for its maximum supported speed and ...

OWA Just Stopped Working!!!!
I am using Exchange 2000 SP2 and Windows 2000 SP3. I rebooted the Exchange server after updating to SP2 and now when I try to access OWA I get: "The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable." I have poured over the settings of our ISA server and Exchange Server as well as the default web site settings and everything looks to be configured correct. Any ideas what I should be looking for? Thanks in advance. Dan Anything relevant in App Event log? cailinsdad wrote: > I am using Exchang...

No sound from speakers, only through headphones
Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop running Windows XP Media Center Edition with SP3. A couple of days ago I started having problems with the sound. It only works through headphones, whether from a website, a CD/DVD or a file on the computer. Rebooting didn't work. The Dell Diagnostics test (that you access while the computer boots) worked fine and I could hear sound from the speakers while it was running. The Device Manager shows no problems or conflicts. My restore points got deleted so I can't use that function. Does anyone know what else this could be...

Parameter query for a combo box using form field only works first
I have a combo box with a query as data source. The query uses a parameter that is also a combo box on the same form. When I first open the form the query works fine using the ap[pripriate value from the combo box above, but when I subsequently change the parameter combo box and then retry to populate the combo box with the query it's not pulling in the new parameter value - do I need to refresh the form somehow? How could I do that? This is the record source for my combo box: SELECT tblUWLookup.Underwriter FROM tblUWLookup WHERE (((tblUWLookup.Region)=[Forms]![frmPolicyInfo]![Reg...

works 8.5
Hello, I can't send my file in works as a attachment in my email. When I send it as an attachment it opens to a blank page. please help. thank you The person opening the e mail will need to able to open wps files (they will need to have msworks on thier machine). Or they can open the file in word - but they will need to set this option in explorer 1st (or something like explorer) This is an access forum so you may want to check out a works forum -- Wayne Manchester, England. "alisha0405" wrote: > Hello, > > I can't send my file in works as a attachmen...

Formula not working
Hi. I have recently got Excel 2007 at work, and at home I have gone from 2000 to 2010. I have a vlookup formula as follows: =VLOOKUP(E2,Sheet2!E:O,3,0) It is comparing what is in cell E2 to find a match on sheet 2 in cell E. If a match is found it is returning the value in cell G. Unfortunately even though the value is there in cell E2 on sheet 1 and also sheet 2, it is not returning a positive value and instead I am getting #N/A! errors. Do you know what the issue could be? I can't see anything wrong with the formula or data. I have double checked the data to make sure it is the same...

Check for new message every... not working
OE 6.0 Check for new messages every 5 minutes, don't work Anyone knows why ? This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke...

how to work writefile function with Microsoft Word
Hi, If we write any DOC file using MS Word i think we need ReadFile CreateFile WriteFile FlushFileBuffers CloseFile above functions.... Can anyone tell me what happned between WriteFile & closefile functions. if i hook WriteFile function & im using it like:::: BOOL WINAPI _WriteFile( HANDLE hFile, // handle to file to write to LPCVOID lpBuffer, // pointer to data to write to file DWORD nNumberOfBytesToWrite, // number of bytes to write LPDWORD lpNumberOfBytesWritten, // pointer to number of bytes...

Archive from Inbox to pst not working
End user trying to archive by month from inbox. Has worked for about 15 folders till now. Performs archive to jul2004. Looks like it is working. Takes about 15 seconds and then nothing happens. pst is empty? Any suggestions. I've enabled large messages. Linda <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > End user trying to archive by month from inbox. Has > worked for about 15 folders till now. Performs archive > to jul2004. Looks like it is working. Takes about 15 > seconds and then nothing happens. pst is empty? Any > suggestions. I've enab...