Sounds in html messages

WinXP Pro w/ SP2 and all of the latest updates, patches, hotfixes from the
Windows Update Site.
Outlook2k3 w/ all of the latest updates, patches, hotfixes from the Office
Update Site.

Whenever I receive an email in Outlook2k3 and look at the html for that
email the bgsound tag points to something similar to "cid:(long string of
alpha-numeric)@(xxx)"

Where is this file stored?

I've done searches for these types of files and the computer never finds
that long, cryptic file.

Where is it?

Thanks in advance for any help!  :-)

In the mailbox store. (e.g. if you are a pop3/imap user, this means that the
attachment is in the *.PST file).

"Completely Lost" <computerdocXXX@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> WinXP Pro w/ SP2 and all of the latest updates, patches, hotfixes from the
> Windows Update Site.
> Outlook2k3 w/ all of the latest updates, patches, hotfixes from the Office
> Update Site.
>
> Whenever I receive an email in Outlook2k3 and look at the html for that
> email the bgsound tag points to something similar to "cid:(long string of
> alpha-numeric)@(xxx)"
>
> Where is this file stored?
>
> I've done searches for these types of files and the computer never finds
> that long, cryptic file.
>
> Where is it?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!  :-)

0
neo7948 (622)

Cant Reply To Messages With Attachments
Hi Running Outlook 2000 on WinXP Cannot reply to any messages which have an attachment Other than that everything else is working fine ? Any ideas ? A setting perhaps that was changed ? :-) SethGecko <sethgecko@webmail.co.za> wrote: > Running Outlook 2000 on WinXP > Cannot reply to any messages which have an attachment What happens when you try? If you get an error message, what is the exact text of that message? -- Brian Tillman ...

Office XP Sounds
I'm having a problem with the Office XP Sounds add-on, available for download at Microsoft's Web site. I've tried installing them a few times, but only 20% of them really work--the rest of the time it's like they don't even exist. I know this because they were working just fine a couple weeks ago, but then I decided to reformat my hard drive and now I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them all back. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. TIA! -- Kyle W. ...

Error Message Every Time I Send and Receive
I use Microsoft Entourage 2008 Mac 12.2.3 Below is the error message I receive> 5.1.2 or other punctuation after the recipient’s email address. 22sm4180816pzk.1 Error: -17099 How can I get rid of this message? Thanks. On 2010-03-01 22:30:03 -0500, Do said: > Error: -17099 > > How can I get rid of this message? You have all the explanations for this error message here: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/number.html#error-17099 Corentin ...

how to post message to a button which is being created
Hi,All I get the button Hwnd which is being created via hook. I want to send message to this button. CButton *btn=new CButton(); btn->Attach(hWnd); BOOL bs=btn->SendMessage(BN_CLICKED,0,0); if (bs) TRACE("send ok"); BOOL bp=btn->PostMessage(BN_CLICKED,0,0); if (bp) TRACE("post ok"); post message is ok ,sendmessage is failed. I know the reason is the creation of the button is not finished. now I want to add waiting time when post message to the creating button . My question is how to set additional message ( wParam and lParam ) in Post...

low voice recording volume with Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card
Hi all, Here a while back I build a new computer and installed a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card. The Asus P5Q PRO TURBO motherboard I put in it had integrated sound but would not do what I needed. Now, I'm having problems with the microphone not having enough volume to properly record voice. For some reason when I go into Sounds and Audio Device Properties, Voice and Test Hardware the mic volume yield is very low unless I put a boost under Record Control, Advanced. After I do another Test Hardware everything working properly but when I try anything that uses analog...

received a 551 error message when sending an email
-- Barbara R. Griffin Barbara@BarbaraRGriffin.com "Barbara R. Griffin" <BarbaraRGriffin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6649DF7-CC94-4F8D-9339-2AB2BFDC243D@microsoft.com... > > -- > Barbara R. Griffin > Barbara@BarbaraRGriffin.com Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. If you'd bothered to do ANY searching in this group you would have found a huge thread earlier today of which one post contained the following: " From AT&T: I apologize but we are undergoing a system maintenance. Would you pl...

Out of Office message
I have XP and I cannot find where I can set up a message when I'm out of the office. Can someone please help me. To use the Out of Office Assistant, you must be using Outlook and an Exchange server. If you are not on an Exchange server, then you would need to use rules to reply to messages. However, rules will not allow you to distinguish who to send an Out of Office reply to so all spam that you recieve will have the reply sent, letting the spammers know that they have a "live" address. >-----Original Message----- >I have XP and I cannot find where I can s...

HTML code-bug mouseover problem in page created with Excel.
Aloha potential savior. I decided to make a site with Excel (why is that so funny?), which is going slow but ok, considering I know very little, but now ran into a problem: When I integrate a mouseover tag into a cell, it results in the cells being white upon first load. See for yourself: http://www.zazam.com/mouseovertest How do I change the HTML code in order for the cells to start out with a color instead of white? Please make me stop ripping out my hair;-) Although this is not an html group... Where you have code such as: <td colspan=4 class=xl56 style='border-right:.5pt so...

HTML
Hi, (OL 2002, Win XP) I have designed a Form in this fashion: Since I use Word as my HTML Editor, I have disabled Word as the html editor, then I have written an email and saved it as an oft file. I put a shortcut on my desktop for easy access to it. I re-enabled Word as my html editor. Everything is fine except that I cannot seem to get the exact same look once I enable Word as html editor as the "Form" has extra blank lines or spaces in it, etc. I re-open it to correct it but it does not show those unnecessary spaces or blank lines in it when not using Word as the html editor. I w...

Sound card / sound devices not recognized
I recently re-installed XP SP3 after a virus attack and now my machine is not recognizing my headphones nor my plug and play speakers (both of these work on other machines). My machine is a Gateway, built 12/2003, P4, Windows Media Player 9. My best guess is that it is a sound card issue. I don’t know whether the card is on the motherboard or separate: I haven’t ID’ed the type of sound card yet. I ran a program called Everest that lists all the components, but under the motherboard I did not recognize anything that looked like a sound card. I have made sure the speakers are...

C++ to read cookies created by local HTML file
HI, I'm using VS2003, C++. I tried to retrieve the cookies which are created by a local HTML file with JavaScript. I read the article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wininet/win inet/managing_cookies.asp and copy the code. Unfortunately, the retrieved cookie strings are always empty. Anyone can shed some light on this or lead me somewhere with C++ CGI code stuff? Thanks in advance. Susan Both InternetGetCookie / InternetSetCookie work as expected, something is wrong with your code. "Susan Kong" <susan@365rainbow.com> wrote in mess...

How to go instantly to the most recent message in a folder?
I've wasted just today 10 minutes having to scroll and scroll and scoll just to get to the most recent message. In MSOE all I had to do was leave a folder and come back and voila, I'd be instantly at the most recent message. How can I get there instantly in Outlook? The more I use Outlook the more I despise it. Please help!. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com use the home or end key. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailt...

Outlook express will not let me send messages
Hi I hope someone can help cure this infuiating problem. About a week ago Outlook express stopped sending - this is the message I get The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'xxxxxxxxxxx'. Subject 'Emailing: pay', Account: 'pop.freeserve.com', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Administrative prohibition', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79ing message. I get this come up Can anyone help? Many thanks Ton...

Can't create html file from pub file
I don't have Frontpage and I used Publisher for doing web page. Now I can't acess to some funcions, in the wb, because I have made a ".pub" file instead a ".html" file! What can I do??? Run Publisher, open your file and do, File Save as a Web page This will create the html files and the gif files. Upload all the files except the .pub file. And don't do what I did on my first web page project, deleted the pub file. You will need it to make changes with your web page. You open the pub file, make changes, save as a web page and upload the new files. Don ...

Thumping sound in XP after I click someting
Ok I built an home theater PC (HTPC) with Windows XP and had all the latest updates. To make a long story short, my projector blew a bulb and it took about 6+ months to replace it. During that down time, I didn't turn the PC on. I was able to finally buy a bulb, and start the PC up again. Now, whenever I initiate an activity with a mouse, and the activity happens, I get a thump, where a ding is supposed to sound. For example, if I click the Back button in IE and it goes to the previous page, I get a thump. If I click Ok on a dialog box, I get a thump; if I double-click on ...

Error faced::Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another progra
i can hear all system sounds an even hear tst sound in Realteck HD Audio Manager bt no other sound plays as in no music file an no online music.... if i open music file in windows media plyer 9 the eroor comes: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly. THERE is no ques mrk on ny sound,vedio and game controllers device..in device manager...bt yellow ques mrk an exclamation mrk on MODEM DEVICE O...

Cannot print images in message body? (Outlook 2003)
One of my users is having a funny problem. I installed office 03 on her computer just as I've been doing since, well, 2003 I guess, and never had this problem until now. When printing Outlook messages, any images in the message body print as just a red-X at the corner of the image placement. Is there a way of toggling "print images in message body" on and off? ...

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Sound recorder in Publisher
Hi I want to record a voice in Publisher using the sound recorder. I can do this by Insert object and selecting Wave Sound, but when I do this the sound icon does not appear even if I tick the display as Icon box. If I click on Change Icon, I can select a different one and it works, but I just want to the sound recorder icon. This works in Word so not sure why is does not in publisher? Thanks Shirl -- shirl shirl wrote: > I want to record a voice in Publisher using the sound recorder. I can > do this by Insert object and selecting Wave Sound, but when I do this > the soun...

message tracking #18
Hi, I need to be able to see who is sending excessive amounts of internal mail. I have started Message Tracking and Enable Subject logging which is now generating a nice log file. Is there an application for interpreting this data, or will I have to write something myself? many thanks, NEIL I have heard of the WebSpy Analyzer thing, but never used it myself. http://www.webspy.com/products/analyzerpremium/analyzerpremium.aspx They claim that they can analyze Exchange logs, but the software is rather pricy. I am sure you will find something better or at least cheaper for what you wan...

Using Outlook Express, I can easily view and edit the source of an email that I create, so that I can paste HTML in to body. How can I do this with Outlook? Thanks ...

Recovering a message
I am fairly new to exhchange in general and am now migrating from 5.5 to 2003. I have turned on message tracking in 2003 but I don't see where we could actually recover the message itself. How do I keep copies of messages in an admin folder and then recover them when we need them. Lets assume that disk space is not a 'major' issue. Message tracking isn't what you want, then - you want journaling (a copy of all inbound/outbound mail for a particular store is directed to a mailbox). What is it you're trying to do? This is going to make your backups a lot more complicate...

Outlook 2003 Font Size Changes FONT size=+0 in HTML Code
I have a user who has random parts of some of his emails go up in font size (10-12) for a paragraph or so and then back to normal. I cannot find the cause but notice in the HTML of the email each section of problem text has <FONT size=+0> somewhere in it. The only solution I could find was to create a Blank stationery for him to use but that doesn't seem to have resolved this problem. If any one has any information on this I would be really grateful. Cheers Dave In received messages or when composing? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Config...

Changing Calendar Alarm Sound
Recently, a hard drive failure forced reinstalling Office, including Outlook. Previusly, I had set up Outlook to use a custom sound for alerting me to calendar events by simply renaming my custom sound to the default sound name - I've foprgotten what that is. When I reinstalled Office, it seemed that both the mail notification and the calendar alert default sounds were the same. This isn't convenient. How can I set them up to be different, and in fact, to use my custom sound as my appointment alert? Thanks Optiker You can set a WAV here: Tools menu > Options > Other > ...

Undeliverable message #2
I am using exchange 2003,when user send mail through RPC over HTTP to any address or even local address some time (ones in 4or 5 days) gets following error. The user is in same exchange 2003 server.Some times the message had been delivered to the recipiants but the error came. OneWin2000 ad server(active dir.) is also in our office and trust is there.Some user logon to exchange & some in win 2000. The user who is getting error is in exchange. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR HELP _____________________________________________ From: System Administrator Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 7:47 AM To...