sound for both outlook and outllook express

for win2k, outlook 2000, and outlook express 6.0

i can 'embed' a sound file in oe using the format|backround|sound, the sound
is played by both oe and outlook

i can 'insert' a sound file in outlook by 'inserting as text' html
code/vbscript than invokes a sound file, (it actually
seems to embed the sound file in letter) but if the
email is received by an oe client the sound does not play, it only plays if
opened by outlook
so...
is there some way to send an email with a sound file using outlook where the
sound is also recognized/played by oe

outlook is my preference, i use oe for the ease changing to/from various
different email accts.
it seems my email friends are about 1/2 oe and 1/2 outlook and various

0
bxtrap01 (34)

You can do this when you select Word as your e-mail editor. For more info
see;
http://www.sparnaaij.net/howto/addingsound.htm

--
Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Setting Permissions on a Mailbox

-----
"bbxrider" <bxtrap01@comcast.net> wrote in message
> for win2k, outlook 2000, and outlook express 6.0
>
> i can 'embed' a sound file in oe using the format|backround|sound, the
sound
> is played by both oe and outlook
>
> i can 'insert' a sound file in outlook by 'inserting as text' html
> code/vbscript than invokes a sound file, (it actually
> seems to embed the sound file in letter) but if the
> email is received by an oe client the sound does not play, it only plays
if
> opened by outlook
> so...
> is there some way to send an email with a sound file using outlook where
the
> sound is also recognized/played by oe
>

> outlook is my preference, i use oe for the ease changing to/from various
> different email accts.
> it seems my email friends are about 1/2 oe and 1/2 outlook and various

0
Roady
5/6/2004 11:47:41 PM
thanks, it makes easier to put sound in outlook email using word but that
method
still doesn't play sound when the recipient uses outlook express for the
client
any other ideas for that???

message news:er2h7S8MEHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> You can do this when you select Word as your e-mail editor. For more info
> see;
> http://www.sparnaaij.net/howto/addingsound.htm
>
> --
> Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net
> Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News
> Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more...
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "bbxrider" <bxtrap01@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > for win2k, outlook 2000, and outlook express 6.0
> >
> > i can 'embed' a sound file in oe using the format|backround|sound, the
> sound
> > is played by both oe and outlook
> >
> > i can 'insert' a sound file in outlook by 'inserting as text' html
> > code/vbscript than invokes a sound file, (it actually
> > seems to embed the sound file in letter) but if the
> > email is received by an oe client the sound does not play, it only plays
> if
> > opened by outlook
> > so...
> > is there some way to send an email with a sound file using outlook where
> the
> > sound is also recognized/played by oe
> >

> > outlook is my preference, i use oe for the ease changing to/from various
> > different email accts.
> > it seems my email friends are about 1/2 oe and 1/2 outlook and various

0
bxtrap01 (34)
5/7/2004 11:36:38 PM
It sure does. Make sure that the recipient is able to play midi-files and
that it isn't muted.

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

> thanks, it makes easier to put sound in outlook email using word but that
> method
> still doesn't play sound when the recipient uses outlook express for the
> client
> any other ideas for that???
>
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
in
> message news:er2h7S8MEHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > You can do this when you select Word as your e-mail editor. For more
info
> > see;
> > http://www.sparnaaij.net/howto/addingsound.htm
> >
> > --
> > Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net
> > Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News
> > Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more...
> >
> > Tips of the month:
> > -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox
> > -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
> >
> > -----
> > "bbxrider" <bxtrap01@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > for win2k, outlook 2000, and outlook express 6.0
> > >
> > > i can 'embed' a sound file in oe using the format|backround|sound, the
> > sound
> > > is played by both oe and outlook
> > >
> > > i can 'insert' a sound file in outlook by 'inserting as text' html
> > > code/vbscript than invokes a sound file, (it actually
> > > seems to embed the sound file in letter) but if the
> > > email is received by an oe client the sound does not play, it only
plays
> > if
> > > opened by outlook
> > > so...
> > > is there some way to send an email with a sound file using outlook
where
> > the
> > > sound is also recognized/played by oe
> > >

> > > outlook is my preference, i use oe for the ease changing to/from
various
> > > different email accts.
> > > it seems my email friends are about 1/2 oe and 1/2 outlook and various

0
Roady

Outlook 2003 Sending
The first time I saw this it scared the hell out of me. In the statu tray, my newly installed Outlook 2003 ocassionally displays that it i sending message 1 of 28942, or some other huge number. I check my sen items folder and no messages have, in fact, been sent. Yet thi display shows up regularly. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Will Outlook 2010 work on an Apple Server with Apple Devices?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap I operate a small consulting firm that uses a mac-mini server with Snow Leopard OS. Each employee has a Macbook and iPhone which are &quot;sync-ed&quot;. You would think that with all Apple products, and the fact that Apple touts their mac-mini as a great business server with unlimited user expandability, that we would be in great shape. There is one huge problem. The Apple Mail, iCal, and Address Book programs are woefully inadequate for business use. I could go into why but, any...

SMTP AUTH frustration in Outlook
A coworker of mine is having trouble sending mail using SMTP authentication with SSL encryption. Client is Outlook 2000 on windows XP Home, server is sendmail 8.12.11 He can receive mail find; however sending does not work and "xxxx.clientip.com did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA is logged on the sendmail server. Other clients using Outlook 2003 and XP pro do not have issues. I was going to give him a Outlook 2003 CD in the hopes that it would solve the problem, but if anyone has a KB article reference or any other suggestions, much appreciated. Thanks ...

Outlook 2007 SQL Server instead of PST File?
Is there a way to use SQL Express or SQL Server instead of the PST file Outlook 2007 uses to store the email and other data? If there is a way, can anyone point me to the instructions? No, not possible. What are you trying to achieve by this? If you need to interact with your Outlook data via SQL, take a look at this add-in; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/genius_connect -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Question...

Thumping sound in XP after I click someting
Ok I built an home theater PC (HTPC) with Windows XP and had all the latest updates. To make a long story short, my projector blew a bulb and it took about 6+ months to replace it. During that down time, I didn't turn the PC on. I was able to finally buy a bulb, and start the PC up again. Now, whenever I initiate an activity with a mouse, and the activity happens, I get a thump, where a ding is supposed to sound. For example, if I click the Back button in IE and it goes to the previous page, I get a thump. If I click Ok on a dialog box, I get a thump; if I double-click on ...

outlook password sync
I have a user, and he just changed his password. We are on an active directory network. He logs in using his new password, and when he opens outlook it asks him for his password. He can get into outlook with the new passord, but unfortunately when he logs off again, or reboots, he is locked out. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Outlook database structure
Hello, Can someone tell me where I can find a description of the outloo database tables? I mean which fields, datatype, etc etc ... especially want the table in which the accounts are kept. thx ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it, if anyone needs it ... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnout98/html/olexcoutlk.as ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View a...

MS CRM 3.0 + Outlook
Hi,I installed MS CRM 3.0 customer for outlook but I found under small Microsoft CRM in outlook that Deleted items how one adds the module of the CRM under this menu. Thanck You. Hi Ahmed, You can drag a folder from 'the small microsoft crm menu' to the favourits (the upper left corner of outlook). This way you can easily access microsoft crm folders you frequently use! Hope this helps, Best regards, Merijn van Mourik http://crmerijn.blogspot.com "ahmed" wrote: > Hi,I installed MS CRM 3.0 customer for outlook but I found under small > Microsoft CRM in outloo...

Outlook 2000 Hangs
Is there an issue with Outlook 2k and Exhange 2k3? One of my user send a 8 megs email message to everyone. Outlook hangs when they tried to open it. But I have 5 users using Outlook 2003 did not have any problem. Please Advice, TIA Hangs for how long? Remember that with Outlook 2000 (unless you've specified to work Offline), none of your e-mail is stored locally, so you are opening that 8mb message across the network. I'd expect some lag. Outlook 2003 uses cached mode by default, so the message would be stored locally and that is what they would be opening. Other than that, ...

handwriting mail sent from Outlook 2003 to Outlook Express 6
After creating handwriting mail by Tablet PC Outlook 2003 (word 2003 is selected as mail editor) it was sent to my mail account and I have received in four clients. O and OE in the same Tablet PC from whrere original handwriting was sent, another O and OE installed in the different ordinary XP PC. I intended O: as Outlook 2003, OE: as Outlook Express 6. Every OE is unchecked "Read all messages in plain text" and "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" Also I have set my mail account could be received by these four client...

E-mailer for outlook
I need to send 200 E-mails to my customer every 2 monts. It is frustating doing it with outlook. Is there a tool that I could use to do itr quickly. nanard0@hotmail.com This depends on how you want to setup the messages and what you define as "frustrating" in Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "A.B." <nanard0@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:41c2d36d$0$26530$626a14ce@news.free.fr... >I need to send 200 E-m...

using outlook #3
my ISP is aol and I have an aol email address. How do I set things up so that I can use outlook for all email in and out and can I do this from my aol homepage? markbranagan <markbranagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my ISP is aol and I have an aol email address. How do I set things up > so that I can use outlook for all email in and out and can I do this > from my aol homepage? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2003 / Contacts / Flags
Hi! Can anyone help on this one..... I wish to flag over 100 contacts with a follow-up flag. I have listed the relevant contacts through using a filtered view and I had hoped that I could select all the filtered contacts and then flag them.... but apparently not. I have the following observations: 1. My customised toolbar looses the flags in Contact view and I cannot add them to my toolbar. 2. The follow-up flag under Actions is greyed out, but I can use it on a single contact at a time, but it wants me to go through the rigmarole of setting end dates etc,.... (far too long-winded) 3....

Outlook w/ME Operating System
Hi, all. Can you please tell me if Outlook 2003 works with ME? Thanks. No, it requires Windows XP or Windows 2000 SP-3. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Natalie asked: | Hi, all. Can you please tell me if Outlook 2003 works with | ME? | | Thanks. ...

Sound card / sound devices not recognized
I recently re-installed XP SP3 after a virus attack and now my machine is not recognizing my headphones nor my plug and play speakers (both of these work on other machines). My machine is a Gateway, built 12/2003, P4, Windows Media Player 9. My best guess is that it is a sound card issue. I don’t know whether the card is on the motherboard or separate: I haven’t ID’ed the type of sound card yet. I ran a program called Everest that lists all the components, but under the motherboard I did not recognize anything that looked like a sound card. I have made sure the speakers are...

Syncronising Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2002
I recently got a PDA. I am having some issue with Outlook. On the welcome screen on the pda it shows me that i have appoinments etc. If i actually go into the calendar there are no entries in there. When the devices are connected they appear to syncronise. Any ideas anyone? OL2002 cannot read OL2003 files. You'll have to upgrade. "Paul" wrote: > I recently got a PDA. I am having some issue with Outlook. On the welcome > screen on the pda it shows me that i have appoinments etc. If i actually go > into the calendar there are no entries in there. When the devices a...

Outlook 2000 and Vista ???
I can get Outlook 2000 to work with Vista. I have tried the fixes but they haven't worked. I get an err response that it can't find the wab.dll file ?? All Help is appreciated. "Bubey" <catlov@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:ejuld0nJKHA.4168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I can get Outlook 2000 to work with Vista. I have tried the > fixes but they haven't worked. I get an err response that it > can't find the wab.dll file ?? > All Help is appreciated. I think you need to change mode to Corporate and Network.....(I think that's the term, ...

Outlook 2010
Office Version: 14.0.4536.1000 OS: Windows 7, Build 7600 Issue: When you open a meeting or new meeting, the Room Finder sidebar overlaps the other fields (To, Subject, Location, Description/Main body, etc.) and prevents the creation of right boundary/edge of those controls/fields. This prevents the auto-carriage return when you hit try to type past the edge (because there is no edge) and blocks any data that is entered on the far right of those fields from being visible. Resizing the form ior sidebar appears to reload the form correctly because the right edge of those cont...

Outlook #317
Can anyone tell me if I can move my outlook 2000 saved messages into my new outlook 07. If so, how? I have not been able to find anything online as to how to do it. Thanks! -- Bob45 Bob45 wrote: > Can anyone tell me if I can move my outlook 2000 saved messages into my new > outlook 07. If so, how? I have not been able to find anything online as to > how to do it. Thanks! How did you save them? Alias Bob45 <Bob45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me if I can move my outlook 2000 saved messages into > my new outlook 07. If so, how? I have ...

Reports in outlook
Is there any way that I can print a report or listing from all journal entries by either date or contacts. ...

Office XP Sounds
I'm having a problem with the Office XP Sounds add-on, available for download at Microsoft's Web site. I've tried installing them a few times, but only 20% of them really work--the rest of the time it's like they don't even exist. I know this because they were working just fine a couple weeks ago, but then I decided to reformat my hard drive and now I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them all back. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. TIA! -- Kyle W. ...

Outlook 2003
I have a computer with Outlook 2003 (the computer is running XP). On that computer the user's log in information keeps popping up throughout the day. This is not happening on any other computer (20 other computers are fine). He is set up correctly, username, password, domain, etc. What could be causing this? Normally this would pop up if we lost connection with the email server but this is not the case. Thanks! Lauren ...

web links in Outlook
Since installing Outlook 2003, I've lost the ability to click on web links imbedded in an e-mail, and have the link connect to Explorer. Yet, when adding the web tool bar, I do have the ability to go directly to a home page...so the Explorer connection is there. So the problem appears to be getting Outlook to recognize http links in e-mails. How do I get this back? Help please. Thanks. tim <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Since installing Outlook 2003, I've lost the ability to > click on web links imbedded in an e-mail, and have the > link connect t...

low voice recording volume with Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card
Hi all, Here a while back I build a new computer and installed a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card. The Asus P5Q PRO TURBO motherboard I put in it had integrated sound but would not do what I needed. Now, I'm having problems with the microphone not having enough volume to properly record voice. For some reason when I go into Sounds and Audio Device Properties, Voice and Test Hardware the mic volume yield is very low unless I put a boost under Record Control, Advanced. After I do another Test Hardware everything working properly but when I try anything that uses analog...

Outlook sending errors.
I have recently got a program that helps my spam and junk=20 problem called Mail Washer (V4.1). The program works great but I am having a problem with=20 Outlook 2002. When I try to send a message I receive a=20 error quoting: Task 'mail.garethmyles.com - Sending and Receiving'=20 reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP)=20 server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL- secured connections have worked in the past, contact your=20 server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). =20 The server responded: ?=1E?$for more information.' And Task &...