Sort Inbox items by Unread in Outlook 2003 doesn't work

I customized my inbox view to sort items by unread.  Unfortunately, the
messages are not sorted have read and unread messages intermixed in my inbox
(sorted by date).  I wanted unread messages first then read messages
afterwards.  The primary sort would be unread ascending (descending didn't
work either) and secondary sort would be by date.  The group by is none
since unread was not an option and automatically group according to this
arrangement is turned off (tried with it on & didn't work either).  The
inbox shows that it is arranged by custom.

Any suggestions on how to fix this will be appreciated.  Thanks.

0
DH_toj (2)

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

Outlook 2002 Contact Phone Number Field Formatting
Why don't phone numbers entered in the phone number contact fields on Outlook 2002 automatically format to include the paren's and hyphens? If this is suppose to happen, what is the setting to make it happen? They do here and always have. What are you seeing? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer mike <michael.kelner@fmr.com> asked: | Why don't phone numbers entered in the phone number | contact fields on Outlook 2002 automatically format to | include th...

Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...
Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields from the Contacts Folder (Example B), in a drop-down list box if possible. We are far from knowing that something like this is even possible. Would appreciate *any* suggestions. Thank you. ...

Sorting

Importing additional contact info (appending), attaching items to contacts
Hello, I have a few general-purpose outlook questions for the folks on this group. First of all, I would like to know if there is a way to access outlook data in a "flat" form. I would like to append notes to about 3000 contacts that I currently have in a Public Contacts Folder, and I am not sure how I can actually append the notes to the contact records, instead of re-creating the contact records. Any clues? Second, we have had some trouble with the "activities view" on contacts. Could anyone here explain how it might be configured for best use? What I am thinking ri...

How to sort account list?

Aim and Outlook Express
Why does Outlook Express all of the sudden start my Instant Messanger? Did I change something without knowing it? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.p...

Exchange 2003 Services
How do you correctly stop and start exchange 2003 services from a batch file? I want to run a stop.bat and then a start.bat so Veritas 9.x can do an automatic flat file backup. Thanks, Scott net stop msexchangesa /y net stop msexchangesa /y net stop msexchangesa /y Issue the command three times inside the batch file to ensure the services are indeed stopped. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263094 has a list of the internal exch services. net start nameofservice to start it Be sure you are doing full online backups as well of the store to clear the transact...

why only works for Localhost?
Hi, I did a client program to send data to the server. there is a C++ CGI program on the server to get the data. It works perfectly on my local computer when each time I test it with my IIS (server name "localhost"). But it doesn't work when I tried two different computers(one server, another is client). neither my company website. The connection looks ok, but just cannot send the data. Do I need any special settings on the server side? thanks a lot. larry here is the major client side code: code:----------------------------------------------------------------------- ------...

Row names will not move with sort

Time problem in sent items
Windows XP, Outlook XP, in my sent all ( work with IMAP Folders ) my time appears to be +10 hours than my actual local time, my local settings on my computer are correct Can anyone help me ? Thanks CJ .. Outlook will follow Windows lead, so if the time is incorrect in Windows, don't bother opening outlook. Check your time zone and BIOS time. ~jason "CJ Foster" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:041901c3cf41$bade98c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Windows XP, Outlook XP, in my sent all ( work with IMAP > Folders ) my time appears to be +10 hour...

Calculate sum of product in Excel 2003
Hi Guys, Sorry to bother you. I just couldn't find a way to solve it. Here is the scenario, A B 1 2 3 2 2 4 3 4 3 4 5 4 I need to find the sum of product in the column A and B. I can do this by using a third column. I simply find the products then sum them. I need to do this in one formula, not another column. I can do this by =a1*b1+a2*b2+....... The problem is the columns have over 50 values. Manually writing that would be real cumbersome. Any suggestion? Mosaddeq One of the few times that this is be...

Outlook Auto Complete Disable?!
When I am using Outlook to send emails while typing the address it pops up some suggestions of emails I have sent recently. I love this feature, however, some of the suggestions that pop up I no longer ever want to send an email to them. I'm scared that some day I'm going to accidently send the wrong email to the wrong person. Is there any way to edit the suggestions it gives you? Maybe even clear them and start over? I would perfer to just edit the list and put my own commonly used emails in there. Any help is appreciated! ADAM when you see an address you don't wan...

Can I print a barcode for an Assembly item?
As in the actual Itemlookup code for the Assembly and not the items in the assembly. Ivan "Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message news:u98TAFd7FHA.2600@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > ...

Citrix Outlook Client?
Hi all, Any ideas if the Outlook Client is available for the laptop version? I'm assuming no, but thought I'd ask. I know there is one available for desktop. HELP? Thanks. ...

sorts not sorting

Demoting a 2003 Domain Controller Hosting SQL Server
We have a 2-node Windows Server 2003 cluster, with both nodes as domain controllers and running clustered SQL Server 2003. I realise this goes against all good practice, and that is partly why I am trying to do the following. We additionally have two Windows Server 2008 R2 domain member servers, which we wish to make domain controllers. We then wish to demote the two existing WS2003 DCs. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to demote the 2003 DCs whilst they are hosting SQL Server 2003? I can stop the instance service, but I wouldn't want to uninstall SQL Serv...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 upgrade question
Exch 5.5 to 2003 upgrade question We are running one (1) Exchange 5.5 server on a Windows NT 4.0 box and would like to migrate over to a new box running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. I understand that I must first upgrade my NT 4.0 domain to Active Directory and DNS (so let's just say that I have done that). I will install Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 on a NEW box and join the Exchange 5.5 site. After that I will do a move mailbox to start moving people over to the new mail server. Here is my question: Let's say that my 5.5 server has 300 mailboxes that I have to move...

2 copies coming into Inbox
I recently paid for a hotmail account so I could have larger storage and not get cancelled for any reasons such as not checking it often enough. I followed the instructions and put my service on Outlook Express. Now I'm receiving 2 of every message. What's up? Can I fix this? Thanks Darla ...

installed earthinktotalaccess 2004 problems with outlook
Just installed the above. Have had earthlink with no problems. The settings are correct, did the auto set e- mail and checked. I also use the outlook express which sends and recieves fine. but my regular outlook, when I hit "send/recieve" it days "operation failed". When I"m in an e-mail and send it, it sends and is fine. I have the e-mail to auto check every 3 minutes and I'll get e- mail then, it is just when I manually hit send and recieve it "operation fails" me. I Have windows XP professional on a Dell 8400 computor. Outlook 2002. Ear...

import- number- sort?

2003 Crash and Drop Down Boxes
I have two problems... I have a software package for wineries that I have had for about 11 years. The first program I never had any problems. As the program and the user base grew, I needed to add a Point Of Sale interface, which is much more complicated than the original invoice. Along the way the application began crashing. It was always during a change that cause the intire form to recalculate. I minimized the problem by not haveing some of the fields recalcualte except on demand - meaning I added a button which did the form calculations on request and not when the form(s) were ...

Outlook Sending Unathorized Mail
Several times now, what I start Outlook, it will try to send a couple pieces of mail. But I have no mail in the outbox and cannot find these messages it's trying to send. This sounds like a virus, but all my virus software says I'm clean and I've got all the security updates installed. Any ideas? Thanks. It sounds like read receipts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.gro...

Multiple Line Invoice Non-Inventory Item Descriptions
What is the recommended way to accomodate more than 3 lines of description for a non-inventory invoice line item? I've had people do it different ways. One way has been using the item comment field. Another way has been to use Extender to provide a longer description field. "Scott Rutledge" <Scott Rutledge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CE42F6C-3633-4A1F-8C27-40D3BFAAF80C@microsoft.com... > What is the recommended way to accomodate more than 3 lines of description > for a non-inventory invoice line item? The lines would need to be differen...

sorting macro #3