Some wat to change Outlook's importing rules for contacts?

When I import files to Outlook's contacts, the "File As" seems to
default to the Name.  This is fine when there is no Company, but when
there is a Name and a Company I'd rather have the "File As" default to
the Company.

Is there any way to make this happen without (as I have been doing)
manually going through the contacts and editing them?
0
gary_w1 (3)

Changing Embedded to a Picture
Client reports he uses many documents with blank areas that are Word embedded documents. If co-worker double clicks, he gets a regular Word looking page with Word's editing options. However, co-workers sometimes single click, start type (now going into the formula bar), then erase it and hit enter. The embedded data is lost and the area becomes a picture. Is there a way to convert this back to an embedded object and regain the lost text? My opinion is no and he is better served to remind users to save before clicking on an embedded object so they can close without saving. Is there b...

Outlook #196
Hello, We have a Novell Server which I am swapping out for 2000 Server. After removing the Novell Server and logging into the 2000 server from out 2000 workstation Outlook was not on the desktop due to a new local profile? The problem is we can't bring up the old contacts in the local installed outlook 2002. Is there a file I should be looking for that has the old contact list? If Outlook was in stand alone mode you would need to look for a file with a pst extension which is a hidden file in Windows 2000 and XP, you may need to log on with Administrator privileges to locate, onc...

Sync Outlook Contacts with OE PAB
I use OE6 for my mail but my Palm syncs with Outlook XP. On my old computer I had them so any change in contacts or AB in one resulted in a sync with the other. How do I do this again. I forgot who helped me last time. I have windows XP and SP2 This time I went to regedit and changed the value to 1 but it made OE totally unstable and I had to go back to 0 again. No current versions of OE and Outlook permit sharing, nor have they for years. If you think you need to you can force OE to use your Outlook Contacts as its data source with a reg hack. Not sure I see the point but here's the ...

Importing Contact DL's into DL's on the GAL
Hi Everyone I'm trying to find out how to import distribution lists located in Contacts in an exchange mailbox into exchange so that they are available for everyone on the GAL There are about 1000 DL's so it is not possible to do this one-by-one. The DL's contain Display name and smtp address as members. Please - suggestions :D Thanks Regards Brendon In news:0725098A-95ED-4E7B-8103-62ED2784C3C3@microsoft.com, Brendon B <BrendonB@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi Everyone > > I'm trying to find out how to import distribution lists located in > Co...

Data changes when exporting a report to Excel
Using Access 2003 SP3 When I export or send as an attachement a report some of the data (numeric) changes. The field that changes is the upper level grouping of the report. For instance the number in the report will be 1-1531771657, the number in the exported excel workbook is -427697. This happened in 4 of seven records, the other 3 were ok. The data source is a Select Query. Any ideas? -- PRD ...

Calender format changing when I change the date range
Hi all, I have a daily to list that I have used in pub 02 for years now I recently saved it in 03. I had 2 small calenders near the top that I customized changing the Month font, the date number colors, the bar at the top and had sat and sun boxes shaded. I have never had a problem before with this. Each time in the past I just selected the calender, changed the date range and everything else stayed the same, format wise. Now when I go to change the date range of the 2 calenders, say from October - November, the whole format of the calender changes back to the default. I thought this h...

How do I lock Track Changes
I want to be the only person able to accept or reject changes in a shared workbook. How can i do this? ...

Changing a username/address
Hello, I work with someone who just changed her name, and I'm trying to figure out how to change it on the Exchange (2000) server. I changed the username in Active Directory (also 2000), but messages from the user still have the old name in the Sender field. Also, when I point to the mailbox for saving messages, it has the new name (Mailbox - New Name) until restarting Outlook, and then it has the old name. Do I have to Exmerge out the mail, delete the account, re-create the account, change the name of the .pst file and import the mail? Thanks in advance! Jeff Follow these steps: =...

How do I import an old oab file into my new Outlook?
Hi there, I had a company laptop and upon leaving the company copied all my Outlook items (pst files, oab etc). Now I want to use/view them on my new laptop. It's the same Outlook 2007 system. The pst files I can get in because they are password protected and I tried pretty much all the passwords I used but it won't open them. So I guess those I can trash... But I was hoping to be able to retrieve at least my contacts! Alas, I can't... I'm on the verge of crying - can anyone help me please?!?... "lost in data..." <lost in data...@discussions.micro...

Error message when import to Excel
Last week, we updated the windows 2000 with SP4 and RPC upgrade. Now I found the some errors happened when we import/generate data into Excel from some applications, that is "RPC server is unavailable". This caused that we can not get the excel file. ...

outlook express installation
Just re-installed win98 on machine and outlook express won't work - it tells me there may not be enough memory running, but then says the msoe.dll may be fault and outlook express may not have installed properly - can anyone give me any tips - I have tried re-installing win98 and have tried installing newer version of IE and it still has the same problem? thanks This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert...

Outlook & Hotmail...
Is it true that Hotmail now no longer works with Outlook Express or Outlook? What was the decision for that? Also - Since I have not been able to use Hotmail through Outlook Express, I find Hotmail soooooo slow when using a Web Browser - It was never this slow before.... Is anyone else experiencing the same problems. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards & Thanks Didn't I already answer this? See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm#hotmail -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Vi...

Is there a way to make a global change to multiple Customers?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C9E446.DDB8A8C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Every one, I have about 160 Customers in list ONE and then about 200 Customers in = list TWO and I wish to make a change in the payment terms from net 30 to = Pre-payment. I can pull the dat using smart List, but wonder if there a = tool or trick to populate/make the change once for all instead of going = into each individual customer account using CARDS? Or if I export the list from smart list t...

how do I import calender to my Blackberry?
Need help getting calender to sync to blackberry...scottreeves@reevesandwagner.com.....Many Thanks scott wrote: > Need help getting calender to sync to > blackberry... >scottreeves@ ------ Many Thanks This is a Blackberry Desktop Manager/Intellisync issue - not an Outlook one. Check your help files in BB or look on the BB website for support. PS: Do not post your email address in newsgroups or in your news account settings unless you really like spam and viruses. "Munge" your address if you must post it - but note that in usenet, replies are meant to stay in the group, ...

Changing the currency in Reports
hi I am trying to look at a report on an account in a currency other than my designated currency. i.e. Account in USD but when report created, I want to look at the report in the same currency USD rather then my currency of choice GBP. Is this possible? if so can someone explan to me how to do it? Many Thanks Make sure any report ONLY picks up ONE foreign currency. Money (2000 UK) will use base currency if there would be a MIXTURE of currencies in the report. teabag "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E47715A-...

change picture without changing text templete
In publisher: I have a piece with text boxes. The entire background of the piece is a picture. I want to change the picture and keep the text in place. Each time I import a picture it covers the text. Move the picture behind the text or move the text in front of the picture. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "George Walters" <GeorgeWalters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E16BC4B1-5351-40D5-B89F-7EEED316CD3B@microsoft.com... > In publisher: I have a piece with text boxes. The entire background of the > piece is a picture. I want to change...

Distinguishing programmatic change from user change.
For example, suppose if it is a TreeView. "AfterSelect" occurs both for programmatic selection (TreeView.SelectedNode = something;) or user selection (by mouse click or keyboard navigation). When the user selects a node, then the program should change the model accordingly, but when the model is changed by itself the program should change the selected node to reflect the change. Not only for TreeView, but this is generally the same for other UI controls. Another example is the CheckedChanged of the CheckBox. But sometimes I need to distinguish those two kinds. I have looke...

Outlook slow
Hi all, We have a user that just got a new PC. Now when she opens Outlook (2002) it takes about 30 seconds for it to open her email (we're using Exchange 5.5). It didn't do this on her old PC. Any ideas why it would be slow to load on a new PC but not her old PC? Thanks in advance, Deb Have her go to Tools -> Options -> Other and turn off Instant Messaging integration - that may help. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Deb S." <schmittd@ci.billings.mt.us> wrote in ...

Public Folder Emails dont change to 'MARK AS READ'
hi, For mails in public folders, when we 1)read for over X secs or 2) open it; it is still being marked as unread in bold. (not unless we manually right click and mark as read) Is there a way to ensure it will get marked as READ if we open it, reply to it? many thanks alan just to edit, even if we right click and mark as READ, it will still remain unread any advice, seems like a permission issue? any comments? "Alan" <alanlwk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23oRYCWSSGHA.1728@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi, > > For mails in public folders, when we 1)r...

Secrets of Stock Pickings (Golden Rules):
Secrets of Stock Pickings (Golden Rules): I belong to a category, what they term as 'Small Investor'. Often those smart marketing executives from brokerage houses call me with their brilliant market/stock ideas and promise that if I trade with their company they will double my money with in few days. They are even ready to lend me money in case.... They probably know that as a 'Small Investor', I am the easiest prey for them: http://www.investing-in-gold.blogspot.com ...

spontaneous change of formatting
Hello, In the company where I work we are currently experiencing a strange problem. What happens is that randomly and spontaneously, the formatting of the spreadsheets we use gets changed. Say numbers formatted like dates and vice versa for example. This has never happened in the past, and it is something occurring over the last month or so. The spreadsheets have macros however, I checked the code in depth and there is no formatting at all; that is the formatting is just part of the cells properties and that gets changed. We are using Office 2007 and all the files are in .xl...

Change default settings fro gridlines
In order to print gridlines, which is what I need 99% of the time, I always have to go through the 'Page Setup Sheet print gridlines' routine. Is there anyway I can change my default settings so that this box is always checked? Pat Hi Your best bet is to change the default sheet properties (layout, gridlines, orientation, cell format etc) and then save it as book.xlt in your XLSTART folder. This will then become your default workbook format. You can do the same with a single sheet (saved as sheet.xlt) -- Andy. "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Change default view in registry
After installing Outlook I need to change the default view for al users. Is there a registry entry I can change? Maybe in the All User hive? Maybe in the Default Users hive? Any help will be greatl appreciated ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

how do i set up microsoft outlook 2000?
This information service has not been configured. Select an existing file to configure or type the name of a new file to configure. This message comes up when I try to open Microsoft Outlook. I previously used Outlook Express and it worked fine. How do I set it up? You will need to configure a mail account and type in all of the correct settings. If you tell us the mode of Outlook 2000 (Check Help->About, second line should say either Corporate or Workgroup or Internet Mail Only) someone can point you in the right direction. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to th...

Outlook Mail Item Duplicate "Display Name" Problem
Dear all, I'm currently writing a Persona Menu smart tag in Outlook 2003. I use dynamic caption and intend to modify the "Additional Actions" sub-menu depending on the contact(in the MAPIFolder) that the tag is referring to. Problem occurs in the mapping of the tag and OL contact. All information I can find from the smart tag action DLL(with ISmartTagAction2 interface) is just the tagged text string from get_VerbCaptionFromID2() but not the entity object that calls the persona menu. So my way to complete the chain is to : 1) search the sender and recipients' "display...