some replies come from default account

Some email replies from me come from the address to which the email was sent
and others come from my default address.

For example if I reply to a message that came to kozmo@thisaddress.com, the
reply comes from kozmo@defaultaddress.com. I can change it manually for each
reply but that's a pain and if I forget to it's a problem.

Not all messages behave this way. Some come from the correct "reply from"
address.  I can't figure out what the difference is for those that come from
the correct address.

I'm using OL2000 on XP, Internet Mail Only.

Any ideas what's happening?

thanks
Kozmo

0
kozmo (25)

Kozmo <Kozmo@ranchofraunch.com> wrote:

> Some email replies from me come from the address to which the email
> was sent and others come from my default address.

No need to ask more than once.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Express downloads all email accounts
Express insists on downloading emails to other user accounts setup on the same computer meaning individual addresses are meaningless - the addresses in question use the same pop3 account, but are unique within that account - any ideas please folks? Using OE ver 6.0 on XP This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.micr...

Tool to roll DynGP Account Segment Description to existing account
If you have set up meaningful segment descriptions in the Account Segment Setup screen, you should be able to roll those down to replace the ones for existing accounts in the Account Maintenance window. Now, they will automatically pop in when creating a new account, but it would be nice to be able to replace previously entered descriptions with the more uniform descriptions from Account Segment Setup. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" butto...

replies undeliverable
All of a sudden my replies to messages get kicked back instantly as "System Undeliverable" and when I check details it reads something like 550 local host, not gateway. This is a recent problem. I have checked all my addresses and I don't have any SPA boxes checked. Could use some help with this if anyone has had the same problem. Thanks You probably need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no ...

PAYING ACCOUNTS
When I pay an account, the tender screen is not comeing up after the accounts receieveable screen goes away. I compare the live system to a demo system and the settings match. I have not seen any diffrences in settings between the two. Has anyone seen this before? Steps I take. F7 then pick the customer Shift F4 then mark what payment I want to pay. click ok at this point the tender screen should be comeing up and we should be able to pay the account. My demo works this way and so should the live system in question. I'm confused. Please someone help. ...

Default activities view
Is there anyway of setting the default activities home page to display activities by appointments? It defaults to all activities, I would it to go straight to all appointments. Thanks. ...

How do you enable Auto-Reply to send a reply more than once?
We have a requirement for a "Delivery to Outlook Client" confirmation be delivered to the originator each time they request it using a keyword in the subject line. The reply is generated as a Client-side rule using a template to reply. The default settings on the Exchange Server (2003) will only permit this to be sent to an originator once, so the rule works the first time, but not again until the client is restarted. Is there a way to get the Exchange server to send out the confirmation everytime, i.e., not have the server remember who has received a reply in the past? This &quo...

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

dynamic splitter and default size
Hello I wanted to set (for dynamic splitter) default size for the first row: issue=s.Create(this,2,1,CSize(100,100),pContext); s.SetRowInfo(0,50,10); As i understeand the first row should be 50 pixels height, but it is always 0. (i can see only next pane, i have to move the splitter down to see the first one). Why ? Thanx user, For dynamic splitters, this seems to be the designed behaviour, that is, only one pane is displayed and the user splits the view. Reading through the MFC source, however, you'll find the split member SplitRow which indeed seems to be a better candidate for ...

Data Migration Manager
Hi, Really basic question. If I have an account and contact association where AccountName - CompanyA AccountID - 123 ContactName - Bloggs AccountID - 123 Do I map parentcustomer (contact object) to accountID on the account object to link the records together. Doesn't seem to be working so far. Thanks for any help! when you click on "Partner customer " mapping , then it open in window and where you have to choose "Account " and then field "Name" so you have to map to account name {name} /Aamir Hi Aamir, Hmm. But surely the account name isn't un...

On POS (not RMS) Adjusting Time Clock Entry Defaults to Todays Date
When an employee negelects to time out and we make adjustments on a subsequent day, the Time Clock display will default to today's date even though the correct date is selected in the Employee's Time Clock window. You have to select Save and Close, then reopen the Time Clock event, then adjust the time out time to the correct date. Anybody else notice this bug? M Kalmus Dogtooth Coffee Company ...

Replace default CRM form with custom form
I have developed a custom form to represent a custom CRM entity. I would like to load that form when the user double-clicks a record from the lookup list in CRM. I'm pretty sure I do this either in the isv.config file or sitemap.xml file. I've setup both to load this form from either a button or from the Navbar, but neither of these will attach the proper GUID for the record the user wants to open. So can you trigger a custom form to load in place of the default one that CRM creates? Thanks for your assistance. Paul ...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Lost accounts
After a brief trip, I opened money 2002 and my accounts were missing. I got the default money startup page. I inadventently exited the program, thereby saving the bogus page in my backup file. Why did it dump my accounts, and is there any recovery? I can rebuild, but what an effort that will be (computers are supposed to save time!). I could in the future set up a password for backups, but until I find the reason for this program behaviore, I consider Money unreliable and cannot use it. jmp Try searching for files named *.mny in your hard drive and look at the dates. Obviously the one ...

Accounts option does not work in 2000 anymore
Hi, bit of a toughie this one. My Outlook 2000 installation no longer works for the Accounts option. This is via Tools/Accounts from the menu or the Accounts button buried in Options. I've tried a repair and also reconfigured mail support back and forth to see if that helps. I cannot find any solution for it on the MS support site. I'd really like to keep all my multiple accounts unless there is no option but to remove and reinstall which is why I am asking here if anyone has any other ideas please.? TIA Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing "Gasman&q...

Default Customer Checkbook ID does not default in Cash Receipts En
Hi! This is a weird situation and I can't seem to replicate it on my local install. My client and I are both on GP 8.0 g 44. I am accessing their GP via Terminal Server. On my local install, the checkbook on my Customer Card (Customer Account Maintenance) defaults in to the cash receipts entry window as soon as I select the Customer ID. However on my client nothing defaults in -- I made sure that there is a checkbook identified on the Customer Accounts Maintenance window. Has anyone encountered this? Thanks in advance. -- Marisol Mortera ...

? Re Balancing Account Stalled, Then Fixed, H2 Prevent
I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe. Started in mid-August and all has basically worked fine until this week. (Did have a temporary loss of .NET Passport but found the fix for this in prior posts here and fixed it). This week, I started to balance a credit card account. After entering starting & ending balances, date, etc. nothing would happen when I clicked the Next button. I "Googled" for this symptom and found a year old thread for this issue. The thread concluded with the advice that I should contact Microsoft. I did and they were very prompt in responding, instructing me t...

REPLY TO MANY WITH SAME REPLY
I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY TO ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT WOULD BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL. POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003 "SALLY" <SALLY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645EC1BC-38F0-46AB-A1A8-83E0F34EBC14@microsoft.com... >I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME > ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY > TO > ALL AND HAVE THEM APP...

money 2007 crashes when updating account info
Hi folks, I'm running Money 2007 trial on vista. However after I fill in my email/password, Money pops out a window saying "Updating Accout Info", then it crashes! If I restart the program I can login, but retrieving bank list failes each time and money crashes when I click "receive account updates from MSN money my accounts". I've owned money 2006 before so I think I do have some old information on msn money.Any idea? Thanks Kun In microsoft.public.money, qk wrote: > >I'm running Money 2007 trial on vista. However after I fill in my >email/...

e-mail account #3
I set up my hotmail account as an e-mail account on Outlook. When I press Send/Receive it tells me I have to subscribe to this service. Can anyone tell me what to do next? MC wrote: > I set up my hotmail account as an e-mail account on Outlook. When I > press Send/Receive it tells me I have to subscribe to this service. > Can anyone tell me what to do next? Subscribe, possibly? Unless you have a legacy Hotmail account, you cannot use any mail client unless you have a paid-for service. "MC" <MC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3C974F8-EE86...

winword.exe will not default .doc
So i've reaad other threads regarding this but none of the troubleshooting methods work...so microsoft office word 2007 (winword.exe) will not get set to the default to open .doc files...it is set to open all other types (.docx, .dochtml, etc.) but just wont for .doc files...ive done the winword /r trick to no avail...the setting protocol defaults, the open with, but whenever i do these two winword.exe doesnt show up and when i browse for it it still will not default to it when selected...not sure why but its only with .doc files...any help? Because this newsgroup is devoted to technical d...

resetting defaults
I don't know how it happened, but my defaults have been changed for my text boxes. When I create a new one, the margins are different, the line spacing is different, the font is different, the font size is different, etc. I think you get the picture. How do I reset the default to what it was originally? I have made a few modifications to it, but don't remember them all. Whatever was present originally will be a lot better than how it is now. ...

replies to email not marked with reply icon
In O2k Outlook, replies to emails are usually marked with an appropriate icon with a red arrow. I no longer see these "reply Icons" on emails I have replied to. I have not loaded any additional software other than windows update. Any suggestions? Duke ...

Tool required for importing Analytical Accounting data
A tool for importing Analytical Accounting data with core transactions should be developed. Customer has several stand alone Great Plains installations (in distant countries) and wants to import GL entries with Analytical Accounting data into a centralized Great Plains environment. An import tool would also benefit customers who import GL, AP, AR, SOP transactions from external non-integration applications. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

Lead Conversion
Hi, I notice that when a Lead is converted, a number of values are automatically copied to the Account, Contact and Opportunity objects optionally created, such as description, company name and so on. I have created custom attributes for my Leads, to hold details of the potential account's current systems etc. Identically named custom fields have also be created for Accounts. Because the custom fields are not automatically carried over when the lead is converted, I've created a workflow attached to the Account creation event. In it, I check that the Originating Lead is not blan...

Reply to All -(myself)...
When I hit Reply to All, it automatically includes me. Is there any way to get it not to do this? Thanks! if you have two or more accounts, outlook has trouble knowing who you are. The workaround is either delete your name or create a rule to delete mail to and from yourself. BTW - Outlook 2003 does a better job at identifying you. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com &quo...