Some contacts open in a different view (2007)

A few of my contacts open up in a completely different view and I can't
find where to change the setting.

Most open with the field names on the left (Full Name, Company, Job
title, File as, ...), the associated values just to the right, and a
Note field on the far right -- all on a light blue background.

A few (4-5) open in a view that has most (but not all) of the same
fields, but they are arranged differently. The data fields are at the
top on a grey background. The Notes field is at the bottom full width.
At the very bottom, there are three fields, Contacts, Categories, and a
Private checkbox, that are not in the other view.

Both views have the same ribbon at the top and the General button
selected in the Show section of the ribbon.

How can I change these views?
0
JenMurphy1 (28)

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 06:56:19 -0700, Jennifer Murphy
<JenMurphy@jm.invalid> wrote:

>A few of my contacts open up in a completely different view and I can't
>find where to change the setting.
>
>Most open with the field names on the left (Full Name, Company, Job
>title, File as, ...), the associated values just to the right, and a
>Note field on the far right -- all on a light blue background.
>
>A few (4-5) open in a view that has most (but not all) of the same
>fields, but they are arranged differently. The data fields are at the
>top on a grey background. The Notes field is at the bottom full width.
>At the very bottom, there are three fields, Contacts, Categories, and a
>Private checkbox, that are not in the other view.
>
>Both views have the same ribbon at the top and the General button
>selected in the Show section of the ribbon.
>
>How can I change these views?

PS: I just discovered that when scrolling through the contacts using
Ctrl+<>, when I get to one of the contacts that have this different
view, the contact viewing window loses the focus.
0
JenMurphy1 (28)
8/2/2011 2:12:17 PM
The gray forms indicate you are using a custom form for those contacts
and the first page was customized.

If you don't want/need that custom form, use
http://www.publicshareware.com/download/DocMessageClass.zip to convert
those items to the default form.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 8/2/2011 9:56 AM, Jennifer Murphy wrote:
> A few of my contacts open up in a completely different view and I can't
> find where to change the setting.
>
> Most open with the field names on the left (Full Name, Company, Job
> title, File as, ...), the associated values just to the right, and a
> Note field on the far right -- all on a light blue background.
>
> A few (4-5) open in a view that has most (but not all) of the same
> fields, but they are arranged differently. The data fields are at the
> top on a grey background. The Notes field is at the bottom full width.
> At the very bottom, there are three fields, Contacts, Categories, and a
> Private checkbox, that are not in the other view.
>
> Both views have the same ribbon at the top and the General button
> selected in the Show section of the ribbon.
>
> How can I change these views?
0
outlookmvp (5838)

Exmerge Exchange 2007
Hello all I need to import a bunch of .pst files into a server running Exchange 2007. Can i use Exmerge to do this? Thanks Not until SP1 i'm afraid. Oliver Currently doesn't support Exmerge. Have a look at Exchange Management Shell Export-Mailbox cmdlet or the Move Mailbox wizard. "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFCC225A-9D13-4D4E-B2FA-501DA564ECBA@microsoft.com... > Hello all > > I need to import a bunch of .pst files into a server running Exchange > 2007. > Can i use Exmerge to do this? > > Thanks ...

On-line training program for Microsoft Project 2007
Hello, can someone recommed an effective on-line training program to learn a basic and intermediate level of MS Project 2007? There's a lot of options. Check the MPUG newsletter. Bill Raymond is teaming up with Versatile to offer a bunch of free sessions. Other options (that I am aware of off the top of my head) MS Project Experts ProjectProCorp Versatile ....and I am sure a bunch of others who will respond to this post. "JB" wrote: > Hello, can someone recommed an effective on-line training program to learn a > basic and intermediate level of...

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Excel 2003 will not open html file correctly
I can not get Excel 2003 to load the following website properly. It works in Excel 97 and Excel 2000. http://quicktake.morningstar.com/Fund/PrintReport.asp?Country=USA&Symbol=VTRIX&PN=FEES ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

ATP should show Open Mfg Orders
The ATP window (inq>Inv>ATP) currently does not display unallocated "Open" Mfg Orders only released orders. Many companies don't change the Mfg Order status to release until they are ready to pick the materials and/or start the order. Sales can inadvertantly sell material that is required on open Mfg Orders. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to o...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

New button does not open the template workbook set up
Excel 2003 I created a template workbook that contains my cells and page formatting preferences. When I select New from the File menu I can choose the template created, but when I click on the New button the workbook does not reflect the same template formatting. Any ideas? You have to access templates from the file - new menu, not the new icon on the standard toobar. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "lucilene" wrote: > Excel 2003 I created a template workbook that contains my cells and page > formatting preferences. When I select New from the File menu I can choose the ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

NTDSUTIL Roles different than shown with LDIFDE
I thought I posted this earlier but can't see it. I am trying to do ADPREP /RODC on a server 2008 box. We have a 2003 Domain with some 2008 Domain Controllers. When I try to run the above it says it can't reach the infrastructure master. Server#2 has all the FSMO roles according to NTDSUTIL and according to ADUC. When running this command "ldifde -f Infra_DomainDNSZones.ldf -d "CN=Infrastructure,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=xxxx,DC=com" -l fSMORoleOwner" it says that the Infrastructure Role is held by Server #1. Why the discrepancy? How to resolve?...

Using Index, Match and Search to populate items to a calendar view
Hello, I need assistance figuring out a formula. Here's the situation: I have two worksheets. Worksheet 1 lists, in spreadsheet form, names and dates of events, including a column that details what state(s) the event is in (a row may list, "IL," or "IL, WI, TX," etc...). It is sortable by state, and a number of other features. Unfortunately, my readers want to see a monthly calendar view - not a spreadsheet... so... Worksheet 2 shows a monthly calendar view, with a drop down list to select the Month and Year, and one to select a single State. ...

im unable to open free/busy #2
im unable to open free/busy on the opened shared calendar... i change to permission for me to publisher and owner and i still can not get in ...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

Outlook 2007 display scrambled
Ever since I switched over to Vista and Outlook 2007 if I leave Outlook up and running overnight 99.9% of the time the display gets scrambled and I have to <ATL> <F4> to close it. Most of the graphic elements disappear and the text elements get pushed up to the left of the window (i.e. the list of items in my inbox). It's like all of it's internal mechanisms for measurement go berzerk. After closing and reopening it is fine except for the fact that it complains that the data file was shut down dirty and thay it has to perform a check. I never have any problems with ...

Set template to save in different location
I've created a Word doc template and I would like to arrange it so that when someone first saves the document the folder they are prompted to save in is not 'My Folders' but some other network location I've specified in the template. Is this possible? -- TobyR TobyR wrote: > I've created a Word doc template and I would like to arrange it so > that when someone first saves the document the folder they are > prompted to save in is not 'My Folders' but some other network > location I've specified in the template. Is this possible? ...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

Money Deluxe 2007
I am transferring my existing investment accounts from Scottrade to Fidelity Investments. How do I make sure that the investment history, i.e., dividends, purchase and sale info, etc., is transferred to the new accounts I set up in Money 2007 Deluxe for Fidelity (my new broker)? Thanks, Jonvin In microsoft.public.money, jacknhelena@gmail.com wrote: >I am transferring my existing investment accounts from Scottrade to >Fidelity Investments. How do I make sure that the investment history, >i.e., dividends, purchase and sale info, etc., is transferred to the >new accounts I set up i...

open + resize notepad.exe from VBA?
I'm writing a macro that would open a text file in notepad.exe and resize the window to a certain x/y pixel size. I can open the file in notepad, but how would you resize the window? 'Open MyFile in Notepad Dim MyShell As Object Set MyShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") Dim MyFile as String MyFile = "C:\Temp\File1.txt" MyShell.Run Chr(34) & "C:\Windows\Notepad.exe " & Chr(34) & MyFile ...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Contacts Search

how do I separate different points within a cell in Excel
within a single excel cell, I want to start each point on a new line. For example: complete at least one publication per year disseminate all materials identify new material Alt+Enter provides a paragraph return within a cell. Is that what you mean? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Niceness" <Niceness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9109ADA5-8361-4C5A-ABFF-2CF08C9EA4A4@microsoft.com... > within a single excel cell, I want to start each point on a new line. For > example: > > complete at least one publication per year &g...

Opening excel #7
Hi all, Excel has stopped opening. when you open it from the desktop or from programs it prompts you to reinstall office - but if you open it from run it opens fine, still prompts you to reinstall office, but after cancelling through that a couple of times it runs ok. at the same time i lost my internet connection, it lost it's default p/word and some settings changed on the security settings under my connection for no reason. that however has been sorted - i am running on xp - also, excel is the only one i'm having a problem with - word etc are all functioning fine...! any ideas :c...