---------------------------------
From: WinZip Computing [mailto:help@winzip.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 3:06 PM

This error message is an indication of a problem within Microsoft
Outlook itself.  With Word as the e-mail editor, Outlook sometimes
does not provide the information necessary for add-in applications to
function properly.

We have found this issue to be especially evident if more than one add-
in to Outlook is in use.  In our testing, Adobe 6.0 was one of the
applications that we found particularly problematic.  However, the
latest version of Adobe, Adobe 7.0, eliminates the "unspecified error"
message.

Adobe has a general troubleshooting document at

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/317147.html

The document states "Before you begin troubleshooting, be sure that
the version of Acrobat you are running is compatible with the version
of Office you are running.  Acrobat 6.0 Standard and Professional are
compatible with Office XP, 2000, and 97; Acrobat 7.0 Professional and
Standard are compatible with Office 2003, XP, and 2000."

WinZip Technical Support
0
vtflair (4)

vtflair@hotmail.com <vtflair@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have been running into a maddening error with WinZip Companion for
> Outlook 1.0. Online searches and diagnostic logging didn't reveal
> anything, so I emailed WinZip tech support. Below is my initial email
> and their response. The scenario (using Word as the Outlook 2003 email
> editor while running Adobe 6.0 Standard) applies for my user, so I'm
> going to try to upgrade to Adobe 7.0. Hope this post helps others.

Why are you asking a WinZip question in an Outlook newsgroup?  Ask in a
forum that discusses WinZip.

As for "Adobe", that's a company.  Which product from Adobe do you mean?
Some of Adobe's products are "Acrobat", "Acrobat Reader", "Shockwave",
"Acrobat Connect Pro", "Photoshop", "Illustrator", and "ColdFusion".  There
are also others.  To which are you referring?  My crystal ball indicates you
really mean "Acrobat" or "Acrobat Reader".  If that's the case, you want
V8.1.2 (the most recent) because of security vulnerabilities in the
products.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16054)
5/29/2008 12:59:05 PM
On May 29, 8:59=A0am, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> vtfl...@hotmail.com <vtfl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I have been running into a maddening error with WinZip Companion for
> > Outlook 1.0. Online searches and diagnostic logging didn't reveal
> > anything, so I emailed WinZip tech support. Below is my initial email
> > and their response. The scenario (using Word as the Outlook 2003 email
> > editor while running Adobe 6.0 Standard) applies for my user, so I'm
> > going to try to upgrade to Adobe 7.0. Hope this post helps others.
>
> Why are you asking a WinZip question in an Outlook newsgroup? =A0Ask in a
> forum that discusses WinZip.
>
> As for "Adobe", that's a company. =A0Which product from Adobe do you mean?=

> Some of Adobe's products are "Acrobat", "Acrobat Reader", "Shockwave",
> "Acrobat Connect Pro", "Photoshop", "Illustrator", and "ColdFusion". =A0Th=
ere
> are also others. =A0To which are you referring? =A0My crystal ball indicat=
es you
> really mean "Acrobat" or "Acrobat Reader". =A0If that's the case, you want=

> V8.1.2 (the most recent) because of security vulnerabilities in the
> products.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian, I appreciate your feedback - though the tone of your reply
comes across as a bit antagonistic and chiding. I was just trying to
be helpful and apologize if some things in my post were unclear.

My question wasn't a question to begin with. Just a solution I had
found while working on this issue. Since my earlier searches on this
specific error didn't produce any solutions, I wanted to post what I
had discovered in order to same others some time and frustration. So,
I wasn't asking for help, just sharing what I had learned.

I posted this in the Outlook group, because the error and issue only
occurred in Outlook. WinZip Companion for Outlook is a plug-in for
Outlook and not part of the full WinZip program. So, Outlook is the
only program in which you would see this error - hence my posting here
in the general Outlook forum instead of a WinZip forum. I guess I
could have posted in both, but tend to avoid cross posting.

And you are correct, I could have been more clear about the particular
product of Adobe, instead of just using "Standard". So, thanks for
asking for that clarification. The Adobe product I was referring to is
Adobe Acrobat Standard 6.0 - not the free product Adobe Reader.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Phil
0
vtflair (4)
5/29/2008 4:46:58 PM
vtflair@hotmail.com <vtflair@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Brian, I appreciate your feedback - though the tone of your reply
> comes across as a bit antagonistic and chiding. I was just trying to
> be helpful and apologize if some things in my post were unclear.

Nope, just seeking precision.  But, to tell the truth, I didn't grasp at
first that you were providing an answer to a problem you had seen, so you do
deserve an apology for that.

> I posted this in the Outlook group, because the error and issue only
> occurred in Outlook. WinZip Companion for Outlook is a plug-in for
> Outlook and not part of the full WinZip program. So, Outlook is the
> only program in which you would see this error - hence my posting here
> in the general Outlook forum instead of a WinZip forum. I guess I
> could have posted in both, but tend to avoid cross posting.

However, the program is not Outlook, so questions about non-Outlook programs
do belong in forums about the third-party program.

> And you are correct, I could have been more clear about the particular
> product of Adobe, instead of just using "Standard". So, thanks for
> asking for that clarification. The Adobe product I was referring to is
> Adobe Acrobat Standard 6.0 - not the free product Adobe Reader.

I love the statement (not made by you, of course) that "This error message
is an indication of a problem within Microsoft Outlook itself.  With Word as
the e-mail editor, Outlook sometimes
does not provide the information necessary for add-in applications to
function properly."  What a crock.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16054)
5/29/2008 6:04:18 PM
WinZip 1 is obsolete, version 2 is the current version.

No matter what addin or version if there's a problem addin then Outlook will
have problems.

That's the case with many versions of the Adobe PDF addin for Outlook ,as
well as many other addins I've had to debug because they conflicted with
addins I wrote, including WinZip Companion 2.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

<vtflair@hotmail.com> wrote in message
<snip>
[...]

kenslovak (742)

Outlook 2003 Dynamic signatures
I am trying to create a Dynamic signature to my outlook 2003 messages. I have created a signature , assigned a HTML template which is the file with Dynamic Javascript. I see the Javascript result in the Signature preview area. ( In the signatures dialog) Unfortunately when i create a new message i dont see the signature. Is there any thing i have to set in the signatures or in the Email body settings to allow a dynamic signature. Thank you Outlook and most other email programs don't run script in HTML messages. = It's a security risk.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author o...

Final solution to MAPI Error Message
-- JOHN HASKINS After experiencing the error generated message for all mapi problems trying to use the send email functions in Office 2007, including Word 2007, I now have solved the mystery. It was incredible all the postings I have read, dating back to 2005 about this problem. To make a long story short, follow this Microsoft link. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN=US;918792 If the typed in link is not highlighted, just copy and paste to your browser. The main Topics of this article [ Article ID: 918792 - Dec 15, 2009- revision 4 ] is to 1. verify your...

Supporting two executables in a solution
I use VS2008 and I need a solution that contains 2 executables (two different processes) of which one should launch the other. 1. Does C# support such launching(with some paramters) an how? 2. Does VS2008 suport that-should I simply add the other excutables as I would do with ordinary dll? Thanks in advance Morris hi Morris, On 06.02.2010 16:06, Morris wrote: > I use VS2008 and I need a solution that contains 2 executables (two > different processes) of which one should launch the other. > 1. Does C# support such launching(with some paramters) an how? http://msdn...

Serious Problem with Outlook 2007
When I open Outlook 2007 and start to veiw an Email, whether it's by opening or via the reading pane, the program immediately crashes. Error AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.4518.1014 AppStamp:4542840f ModName: mspst32.dll ModVer: 12.0.4518.1014 ModStamp:45428111 fDebug: 0 Offset: 000990e7 I have repaired, using the scanpst.exe, the PST file thinking it may be corrupted I have used Office Diagostic to Repair any corruption. I have read for 10 hours on anything I could find on the subject. I even formated my hard drive and started over again. Installed Outlo...

Cannot get HTML images in Outlook 2002
I am using Outlook 2002 (XP) and everything was fine until today when I find that I cannot get HTML images in email (displays placeholders). When I click on Format at the top, the entire menu is grayed out except for "Send pictures from the Internet" When I try Outlook Express, I get the same placeholders, but I also get a message on top telling me that blocking has occurred and I can click on that message to get the HTML content. Of course, if I use Mozilla Thunderbird, there are none of these problems! In article <MPG.1c447f616dc07de5989687@msnews.microsoft.com>, k...

Outlook downloads email that already existed
Hi guys, My Outlook is downloading emails that already existed. For example, i download an email message now and after 5 mins later when I start Outlook again, the same email message will be downloaded once more! How do I resolve that? Thanks in advance. (Btw, I'm using Outlook 2003.) Regards Roger On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:21:20 +0800, "Roger Lek " <rogerlek@singnet.com.sg> wrote: >Hi guys, >My Outlook is downloading emails that already existed. For example, i >download an email message now and after 5 mins later when I start Outlook >again, the same email...

outlook clinet
Am using Exchange Server 2003, one of my client user having problem while opening outlook it will hang and take long time to receive mails. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C742C6.84B5C010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I would check to see if the client has any Outlook Add-ins and disable = them. Does this user have a large amount of items in his mailbox (like = over 5,000 items in one folder)? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no = right...

Help! Can't run Word 2003 if Outlook 2003 already open
The reverse is no problem. I'm using Student Office 2003 with Word and Outlook, I have Word set as my editor for Outlook. Quite often I want to cut and paste parts of emails into a word doc for other uses. I'm sure I used to be able to do this, but in any case I can't do it now. Any suggestions on options etc. that may have caused this? Thanks!!! Norm What happens when you try? -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Father Guido" <FG@SNL.com> wrote in message news:h1qgm1p6gh6p4g58c5fr69oc1ukoj061d6@4ax.com... > The reverse is no problem. I'm using Student Office 2003 w...

Which files and folders from the two solutions must be merged to combine web sites solutions
If I understand what I'm reading on the Internet the only way to combine two website solutions and store them in one folder on a host is to make them into one website solution. And there are certain files and folders in a solution that have predetermined names and there can only be one of them. And that means combining some files from two folders into one folder (like the App_Code files) and combining some data from two files into one file (like web.config) It would be great if I knew which files there can only be one of, as well as which folders there can only be one of....

Outlook 2002-Outlook Today
On the Outlook today page the tasks display the date one day before the date set in the tasks page. Any ideas? Possible the system date/time is off, not by a day even. the AM/PM could be off? Ken "Garry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:104c01c3fb7d$0ddbfab0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > On the Outlook today page the tasks display the date one > day before the date set in the tasks page. Any ideas? Thanks for the reply. The system date/time is set correctly.(GMT+10) However if is set to GMT or any -ve value it fixes the problem but the system ...

Error on drilldown
Hi there. I have a crm implementation with Adventureworks Sample data (on Machine CRM01). The reporting services server is on another machine (Whitelady). In this particular implementation, when a report is run, it is displayed fine. However when the drill-down link is clicked the popup window remains blue and the browser error is as follows: Error: 'top.trEditFilter.style' is null or not an object Drill-down works fine if i view the report from the reportserver url (http://whitelady/reports) I have spent some time researching this error and have only come up with one other ...

How do I set up mutiple Hotmail accounts in Outlook?
Outlook will not setup multiple MSN mail accounts. Is there a fix? No new Hotmail accounts are being accepted in Outlook or Express, unless you are using the paid premium service. Also, what version of Outlook? 2002 can only use 1, 2000 none, 2003 multiple but only if they are paid accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, henw asked: | Outlook will not setup multiple MSN...

record Navigation Control 11.0
How does one bind the form's data to the Microsoft Office Record Navigation Control 11.0. I inserted the control onto my form but all is disabled. Thanks, James ...

Outlook Mail Merge with Attachment
I'm trying to do a mail merge in Outlook and attach a word document in the mail merge email. The mail merge functionality works great but it will not take the attachment. So I end up with all the mail merge emails but none of them have the attachment. I'm using MS Office for Small Business 2003. Anybody have insight on what I might be doing wrong? You're not doing anything wrong. Office just doesn't have any functionality for sending a personalized email message that also contains an attachment. You can, however, send just the personalized Word document as an attachm...

Shortcut to Outlook Task
In a production Excel worksheet I would like to include an hyperlink to an task listed in a public folder. Does anyone knowthere be a way how to achieve this? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm for info on the outlook:// hyperlink syntax. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Leon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:242001c4aaaf$e90c9090$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In a production Excel ...

what is Outlook.exe process that keeps running
I'm using OL2000 on an XP machine. When I quit Outlook, there is a process that keeps running, Outlook.exe. My guess is it keeps receiving email when I'm not in Outlook. I don't need that and it seems to complicate things when I need to shut communications programs down, thanks Kozmo This article has a long list of programs that work with Outlook and can cause this problem: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the messa...

Outlook 2003/ Norton IS 2004 Outlook AntiSpam Plug-in Failure
I installed IS 2004, Anti Spam feature activated, no 'learning' icons appeared in the supplementary toolbar (Norton Outlook anti spam bar) within Outlook. Tried reinstalling both IS 2004 and MS Outlook 2003 to no effect. The Anti Spam learning icons do not appear, only the Norton anti spam folder does. Cannot find any info anywhere on this issue, although it seems othes in this News Group have experienced the same fault presentation. Does anybody have any idea on this matter. Thanks in advance OK, this problem has now been resolved...the icons now appear...this is how it was done: ...

MS Outlook & Outlook Express default email client!
I have one PC (Windows XP Pro) with two user accounts. One user uses Outlook Express and the other MS Outlook, to check email. Everytime the opposing user logs into the PC it will ask them if they want to make Outlook or Outlook Express, respectivly, to be the default email client. I've already, on more than one occasion clicked YES, while logged into each account. Why does this keep on happening, and how do I resolve it? This is a machine setting not a user setting. You will be prompted as long as you both click "Yes". Either choose Outlook or Outlook Express as the ma...

Compare 1.0 and 1.2
Is there some write-up which lists out the differences between MS-CRM version 1.0 and 1.2 ? Also, I've got a virtual PC trial version downloaded at my place ? On expiration of 45 days trial period, can i uninstall and reuse Microsoft Virtual PC again on the same machine, without disturbing the demo setup. --- Regards Parasuraman. K I'm sure if you look on PartnerSource you can probably dig up the differences. However, for the most part, there were not many "feature" changes with 1.2. The biggest thing wsa the multilanguage support and the revamped SFO client and few...

Outlook calendar #7
Outlook 2003 time zone match in both outlook and in my XP pro workstation control panel. XP workstation is checked to adjust for daylight savings time in control panel and in outlook. When I view another worker's Outlook 2003 calendar every appointment/recurrence is one hour ahead of what it is supposed to be. I have the same problem... and couldn't find a solution yet.. did you have any luck? gabriel >-----Original Message----- >Outlook 2003 time zone match in both outlook and in my XP pro workstation >control panel. XP workstation is checked to adjust for daylight...

free trial of outlook 2007 has corrupted outlook 2003 after downgr
I downloaded a free copy of office 2007. I did not like it and went back to Office 2003. Now my Outlook 2003 will not let me backup my mail through export to pst files. I have also lost my send/receive button. I tried to delete my old account and enter anew one as suggested by the help file for losing your send/receive button but to no avail. I just want to delete and reinstall outlook 2003 but I can't back up my mail and if I delete and reinstall I will lose all my mail. Microsoft wants me to pay for a service call but I wouldn't need a service call if the Office 2007 free tr...

talent management solution/Compenation Management Solution
Hello, My company is looking for a Talent Management Solution/Compensation Management Solution. If anyone has any experience with any products, please post. Thank you Jack ...

Outlook 2007 not saving settings in Windows 7 64bit
Hi all, I am having a problem with outlook in windows 7 64bit in that every time I start outlook I get the message "Starting outlook for the first time." and all settings I have set are lost. I have the same thing running on windows 7 32bit and everything works without a problem. I have installed Office SP2 and all the hotfixes, but it makes no difference, I restart the computer or even just outlook and I'm back to square one. Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks in advance, Lee -- Leeb65 http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Outlook, or Outlook express Group Expansion
When I send a message to a Distribution List in Outlook 2002 or a group in Outlook Express 6 it will not expand the full members of the list so I can remove those for which I do not want. For example: If I am sending out a joke and I want to remove someone that has already seen my joke in my Group Distribution lists, I have to go physically remove them from that list before I send the message instead of just removing their name from the TO: field. THerefore... how do you expand groups or distribution lists? I would prefer an answer in Outlook Express 6, but I am willing to switc...

Slow Outlook 2003
Recently I had to do a reformat on my computer. I use Windows XP Pro I also use MS Office 2003 I wanted to save my emails to I exported the Inbox file to a; COMMA DELIMITED [WINDOWS]file I also use a Palm Zire 31 for work which contains all the contacts that I have. After a fresh install I synchronized the Palm with Outlook and all my contacts were installed back into Outlook. I imported the Inbox emails back into the inbox folder. When I double click on a contact I select the "Activities" tab to see whats in there. Outlook recognises the emails for each contact and lists them un...