SMTP server #3

Hi,

How do i configure oe to use my smtp server (IIS 5.1) to send out emails? Is
that possible?

TQ

0
razak (5)

Can your SMTP server send mail to the Internet? If you simply setup a mail
account in OE using the Tools menu > Accounts dialog you can configure the
account to use your server.

That having been said, this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98,
2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express
(OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups
microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). The links under the newsgroup
references are for use with MS's web newsreader (not exactly the best way to
post but it works for some people)

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

"Ajak" <razak@mmsc.com.my> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> How do i configure oe to use my smtp server (IIS 5.1) to send out emails?
Is
> that possible?

0
vince8328 (2732)

How to merge two Excel files. #3
i m using office XP, i have lots of data in different excel files, each files include two or three worksheet, and all worshett are in different layout, how to merge all this excel files in one excel files, is there any kind of facility in excel ....?.......can any body help for that........? Thanx in advance, BrijLo81. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.522 / Virus Database: 320 - Release Date: 9/29/2003 right click menu on sheet name, "select all sheets" and "Move or Copy" so you ca...

Continual Cannot Connect to Server errors
Outlook 2000 works fine for anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, then suddenly stops connecting to the server. Closing and reopening Outlook solves the problem. I've done KB820672 and the problem isn't with the server - this actually happens with two different servers/mail accounts. Both accounts work perfectly in OE6.0 (which I also use and have open at the same time, although I don't have the same account on both). I have all the critical updates for Office, WinME, IE, etc. Thanks, ...

Bug in CRM 3.0?
We have a client who adjusted the Max Length for the Description field in the Appointment record. He changed it from the default of 2,000 to 5,000. When he uses the web client he is able to Save appointments that have 5,000 characters. However, when he goes offline and then tries the same thing he can enter 5,000 characters and hit save. The Appointment form closes but there is a hidden error message behind it stating "The length exceeds the max length of it will be truncated". When you open the record back up instead of having 5,000 chars, you only have 2,000. The only t...

SMTP restrictions #2
A few questions: If I configure the "Limit Message Size(KB)" does this pertain to the attachments as well? Also, does it affect both inbound and outbound? If the "Limit Message Size" is exceeded by the attachment does the attachment get stripped and the message (body) go through? If nothing goes through, does the sender recieve an error? Sorry so many questions. Thanks! Message size is the sum of the headers, body and the attachment. There is no setting specifically for the attachment size. When there is a violation, the entire message is bounced back to the send...

[2003] stops before data section in smtp conversation
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 server with ISA 2004 and the server doesn't send email correct to a remote smtp server. After the helo,mail from, rcpt to section he doesn't send the data section. The server is able to receive email. Does somebody have any clue why I'm unable to send? Thanks in advance Maurice Lucas This link maybe can help you http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/clustering/default.mspx "M.S. Lucas" <MSLucas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40C7EB2B-DDF9-4E60-8F69-8AB82C298874@microsoft.com... > Hello, >...

TMP files #3
Since getting a new pc, any attempt to save a file in Excel, instead saves to a TMP file. I get no errors, and I can open the file again fine, but my disks are slowly filling up with TMP file instead of spreadsheets. Any ideas? Jono Although you didn't get an error message this article describes problems with saving files and being left with tmp files. It may provide some insight: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;103329&Product=xlw -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "jono" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d65401c423a1$29e...

Windows update has failed in exchange 2003 Front-end server
Hello, I have been trying windows updates on exchange server but has failed with error message below: Updates were unable to be successfully installed The following update wre not installed: Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB917734) Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB914389) Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB917344) Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB918439) Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB911280) Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows Server 2003 (KB916281) Do you guy how to resolve those problems? Thank you There s...

How to move my server
I have RMS 2.0 and SQL server 2005. I have my server installed on my register1. I don't think that my register computer has enough juice to host my server and my database. I have been getting 100% cpu usage while running the programs etc. I have also had a lot of time out errors from my printer. I would like to turn a different computer into the server and am hoping that someone could help me through that process. I am a novice, so please keep it very simple. I am not very familiar with sql server and have no idea what to do with it except to make sure that it is running if my conne...

OWA & RPC over HTTP with ISA Server 2004.
Hi, I tried posting this in ISA Publishing but didn't get any responses, so sorry for the double post but I'm getting kind of desperate on this now. We have ISA server 2004 sitting in our perimiter network, we have a front and back end exchange 2003 SP1 setup withing our corporate domain. I have OWA published and working throught the ISA server and currently we are trying to publish the RPC over HTTP ruleset. Is there a recommended way of doing this? I have searched both MS Knowledge base and google and either I can't get my search terminology just right or there isn't ...

follow up #3
"outlook" (not express) shows not hits ...

Exchange Server 5.5 SMTP Issue
Hi, For those interested, you may want to read the White Paper we recently released about the Microsoft Exchange Server SMTP problem: http://www.thinkcomputer.com/corporate/news/spamserver.pdf Thanks to Michael Barta at Microsoft for his help. If you think there's anything in the paper that could be improved or made clearer, please feel free to let us know. I'm interested to know how many people this problem is affecting... There seem to be a ton of threads on this newsgroup about it. Aaron Aaron Greenspan President & CEO Think Computer Corporation http://www.thinkcomputer....

Trying to find a rack-mount file server image
I am looking for an image of a file server, like the one below. http://www.imagedash.com/uploads/atd1243629320i.JPG However, instead of that cylinder, database, icon. I need a folder icon. It is a common image, but I can not seem to find it anywhere. "walterbyrd" <walterbyrd@iname.com> wrote in message news:4f4f9774-b07e-4418-a826-1d6d3b473775@q16g2000yqg.googlegroups.com... >I am looking for an image of a file server, like the one below. > > http://www.imagedash.com/uploads/atd1243629320i.JPG > > However, instead of that cylinder, database, icon. I need a f...

Installing MS Office XP Service Pack 3
Office XP Service Pack 3 downloads but doesn't install. In the course of the installation process I am asked to insert a CD which would go back to my purchase of the computer (a Dell Inspiron 500m), if I ever did have it. (The computer came with the operating system and MS Office already on it.) This is obnoxious - there is no reason an "automatic" security update years after purchase of the computer & operating system & MS Office should require finding old CDs that may (or may not) have come with my computer when I purchased it. The actual message I get is: "T...

OUTLOOK 2003 with or without exchange server
I recently have begun upgrading a small office from Outlook 97 with Exchange Server 5.5 to Outlook 2003. I have some questions about this. In this office everyone needs to be able to access everyone elses calendars (6 in all) . With outlook 97, you were unable to do so without using exchange server. Now, with Outlook 2003, will they be able to access each others calendar without using any exchange server? If they need exchange server, will they be able to remain with exchange server 5.5 or will they need to upgrade to Exchange Server 2003? Any help would be greatly appreciated. &g...

MSExchangeSA 9175 error on front end Exchange 2003 server
I have a front end Exchange 2003 server that is receiving the following error message in the application log every minute: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. The MAPI provider failed. ------ I've looked at quite a few KB articles and the below one briefly touches on what my problem may be. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262456 The Mailox Store and Public Folder Store are not mounted on the Fr...

Selecting rows from various sheets #3
That's pretty much what I want, but I want the function to select al the relevant columns and not just 1 column. Shan -- sha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1198 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26665 Hi then just add some more VLOOKUPs. One for each column of your source sheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "shav" <shav.1dodta@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:shav.1dodta@excelforum-...

AfxBeginThread failure
In an MFC pgm under VS2005sp1, I am creating a worker thread using AfxBeginThread. Under certain circumstances which I can't quite pin down, AfxBeginThread returns NULL, indicating it has failed. Is there any way I can find out the cause of the failure, such as an error code? I have tried tracing through the code with the debugger, but what is apparently detecting the error condition is in MS code for which I don't have the source. My specific code is CWinThread* pThread=AfxBeginThread(MyControlFunction,&ti,0/*priority*/, 230000000/*stack size*/); and a test for pThread==NULL im...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

AD server after dcpromo /forceremoval problem
Hi, I demoted an AD server by using the dcpromo /forceremoval command. Then I tried to add this server to the domain as a member server, but it said the user already existed. I checked the AD Server DNS, and found it still have the A Record for the demoted server. How do I fix this problem? Thanks for help. Jason Hello Jason, As said in one of my previous postings, use: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555846/en-us to cleanup AD database, DNS, AD sites and services etc. dcpromo /forceremoval is the last option to remove a DC which will NOT cleanup the domain fro...

connecting to server
This are the error messages I get when trying to connect. Please help. Task 'Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on imap@aol.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder (null) from the IMAP e-mail server for account imap@aol.com. Error: Unable to connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Task 'imap@aol.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server information in your ac...

Microsoft 1.2 to 3.0 Migration... SOS!
Hi All, We're attempting to migrate a test enviroment, currently running Windows 2003 Enterprise Server and Microsoft CRM 1.2. During the upgrade advisor I get a warning message stating the following: Microsoft CRM Database ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Warning: The Indexes on the Microsoft CRM database are not consistent with Microsoft CRM 1.2 indexes ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We've never did any customizations on the Microsoft CRM databases therefore all ...

offsite server connection
why are outlook clients in the local site connecting to an offsite exchange server for public folders access? this is what I find when I check the connection log from the local outlokk client all outlook clients are all office 2007sp2, servers are all 2007sp2 public folders are not replicated between servers is there something I can do to make sure all local outlook clients are all connecting to the onsite XC server? thnx That can happen if: - The local site doesn't have a public folder server - Active Directory sites are misconfigured and Exchange is not in ...

Exchange 2003 SMTP lockdown #2
How do I secure smtp to only let authenticated users send e-mails for internal users and users that connect using pop3. Thanks Amador I am also having this problem. I must have not configured something somewhere. But to explain further....... If i use my home pc to connect to our mail server and send a mail from say fred@company.com to Paul@company.com it will get sent. This means that if someone gets hold of a few of our company addresses, they can send mails to them. Our server needs auth if you are sending from fred@company.com to paul@hotmail.com so thats ok. Any help please Paul &...

Admin.exe hangs during reboot on Windows 2000 server
Help! We have Exchange 5.5 running in a NT domain - on a Windows 2000 server. The server is patched with all the MS patches - except the "sp4 rollup 1", When we go to restart the server - it seems to hang - there are no entries in the event log - only the visual of the " admin.exe" program failing to shutdown. We click the "end program" and it still hangs. We had stopped any non-essential services prior to the restart. Had to hit the off button to shut it down. Any thoughts or suggestions? Please advise. Thank you. Citigate Cunningham Helpdes...

Exchange Backup Server..Help!!!
Hi All My Exchange Server Setup is as follows I Have my Exchange 2003 server installed in Windows 2003 Domain Controller Both The Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 Domain Controller are in the same machine Now I need a Backup system when this machine fails Can Anyone tell me a solution apart from clustring Can I install a secondary domain controller for the primary and then install Exchange Server on the secondary domain controller Will I be able to sycronise my Primary Mail Storage group to the new created exchange server and kept it offline and make it online when the primary is dow...