Slow Response Opening Outlook 2000 SP3

I have Outlook 2000 on a machine here that is taking
almost 2 minutes to load when I connect on a LAN.  If I
connect offline, or from a different machine it works
fine.  (Other people logging into my machine don't have a
problem either)

Suggestions?
0
anonymous (74725)

opening wrong version
When I open Money (08 plus) the wrong version opens. It doesn't open the last version I saved. So I have to restore the backup and search for the right one. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Chiskes wrote: >When I open Money (08 plus) the wrong version opens. It doesn't open the >last version I saved. So I have to restore the backup and search for the >right one. Any ideas? If you mean you want a different file to open, use the Most Recently Used (MRU) list at the bottom of the File menu to switch. Money should open the MRU file next time. An alternative is t...

Microsoft Outlook #48
My Microsoft Outllook 2003 takes forever to load in after being logged off.. Is there any way to speed up the process? bluexah wrote: > My Microsoft Outllook 2003 takes forever to load in Does "load in" mean "startup"? The larger your message store and the move enabled add-ons you have installed will make Outlook take longer to startup. > after being logged off.. If you logoff your Windows session, all user processes are terminated. That includes Outlook. You can't run Outlook or other apps when you are logged out of Windows. > Is there any way to sp...

Build is slow.
Hello. The environment is 6.0 vc++. When one DLL has 1700 source codes. Build is slow. debug start takes time. Please teach a good solution. Thanks, Buy a faster computer. ;) AliR. "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23DF80A8-723F-43A3-A5D9-7722EEA97578@microsoft.com... > Hello. > > The environment is 6.0 vc++. > When one DLL has 1700 source codes. > > Build is slow. > debug start takes time. > Please teach a good solution. > > Thanks, > "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2007 - moving e-mails
In Outlook 2007 (& previously in 2003) if you move an e-mail from one folder to another, it will "remember" the destination folder. And, when you right click on the next e-mail and click on "move," it will, by default, select the prior destination folder.....it will "remember." Recently, my Outlook 2007 will no longer "remember." I've tried re-booting, running the Office "Diagnostics", but nothing seems to help. I've tried going into "Tools" and then "Options" but I can't find a solution the...

synchronize home and work outlook accounts, possible?
Is it possible to synchronize Outlook on two computers over the internet, so a home machine and a work machine update one another whenever a message is sent, or read? Mike S wrote: > Is it possible to synchronize Outlook on two computers over the > internet, so a home machine and a work machine update one another > whenever a message is sent, or read? Stop using POP. Get an e-mail account that supports IMAP access. On 8/28/2010 10:25 PM, VanguardLH wrote: > Mike S wrote: > >> Is it possible to synchronize Outlook on two computers over the >> in...

Outlook Opens SLOWLY
My Outlook windows seem to open so much more SLOWLY than other windows. Could there possibly be something slowing it down? If so, what can I check and/or fix to take care of this? I have Outlook 2007 and Windows XP. Thanks in advance to whomever may be able to help. Candy Perhaps so. What antivirus software are you running? Has it always been slow or did this start recently? Do you have a LOT of data (emails, contacts, calendar, etc.) in it? What kind of machine do you have? How much RAM? Do you have a lot of other things running at the same time? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, ...

Slow Navigating Folders for attachments!!
Using Outlook-2002. Recently, since about a month ago, when I try to save attachments or attach files to messages and attempt to navigate to the folder of interest (after I click on the attach button), navigation is VERY slow - like if I click on a sub-folder, it may take over a minute for that sub-folder to open. It doesn't matter if other apps are running, or if I'm just changing to a different drive, or to the root directory. Everything takes minutes! It renders it useless :-( Any ideas? ...

Why are messages disappearing from my inbox in Outlook?
Messages are disappearing from my Inbox folder. Have checked all my other folders and also the recycle bin and they are not there they seem to just disappear. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. Thanks in advance. "aussie_deb" <aussie_deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:897A8B00-7447-46FE-A3E6-5CC1E3ABD8A5@microsoft.com... > Messages are disappearing from my Inbox folder. Have checked all my other > folders and also the recycle bin and they are not there they seem to just > disappear. Does a...

MS Publisher 2000
I now receive an error that states "The instruction at "0x77fccdee" referenced memory at "0xfffffff8". The memory could not be "read". This error occurs everytime I try to use MS Publisher 2000. All drivers installed are current. All possible Windows updates and Office updates have been downloaded and installed. This pc is a Pentium 4 with 2.8 GHz processor and 256MB ram. My video card is an Nvidia GEForce 4 MX440 with AGP8X. My OE is Windows 2000. Please advise. ...

Outlook 2003
2 questions on outlook 2003 which I recently installed: 1. It does not send and receive automatically upon executing outlook. I have to hit send/receive. Is there a way to make outlook send and receive automatically upon opening Outlook? 2. When I send a test message, it fails, evgen though I can send and receive email properly. I don't know where to look - everything seems to be working otherwise. Thanks, Steve D. 1. Tools -> Options -> Mail Setup Has the option to turn on 'Send immedietly when connected' -- Chinnasamy [495968] "Steve D." <sbdick@op...

Re: Unresolved item
This well known problem has come back to haunt me. See http://tinyurl.com/4xb5y If an appointment has been made containing an email address that is not in Contacts it will refuse to sync (ActivSycn 3.7.1). One way is to add each contact to the address book - not very sensible if this is one off meeting with people you are never going to meet again. So I'd like to know if there is a way of listing (or searching for) only those appointments that have emails (attendees?) attached to them? -- Brett Try posting to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync it is not an Outlook problem. -...

Word 2003
It takes sometimes 10 seconds when I press crtl+c (copy) or crtl+x (cut) in a text inside Word 2003. Even if it is only one word it takes a lot of time just to copy or cut or paste it. That does not happen in Excel or Power Point only in Word. Please can anybody help me to solve this very annoying issue? Thank you very much indeed, Anderson From reading other postings on this forum, it seems that poor AddIns can cause this latency. I have also found that doing a clean up of the temp files seems to help as well. Hope this helps DeanH "Anderson" wrote: ...

OneNote Power Toy in Outlook
WinXP/MS Office 2003 After installing "Send to OneNote from Outlook" Power Toy I was unable to send messages from Outlook. The Outbox showed the message NOT in italics with Date:None and the message was just sitting there. By uninstalling the Power Toy, the problem went away. I tested it by installing again and was able to reproduce the same problem. After the removal, the problem did not exist anymore. Sent a message to Microsoft. Otto It's a known problem with that add-in. You can also solve it by not looking in your Outbox. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Micr...

Slow Slow Slow
When I click between different emails in my inbox, it takes ages for it to appear on the display. My internet connection is super fast. I have recently had to reinstall Office XP and I think a setting has been changed somewhere. I have an anti-virus but it never slowed it down like this before. To put in perspective, I've had 120 spams today and its took 37 minutes to delete them because of this problem. I have ran a virus check and its fine. Any thoughts on a registry tweak?? Cheers Carl Carl Sheldon <ccshell@courtlands5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > When I click between differe...

Error opening a CSV from Web Browser after changing Region
We generate CSV files from our web application and most people can access them from Internet Explorer no problem (Excel starts within an IE window). However, some users in Denmark have reported that Excel does not load, all that happens is that the IE window appears briefly then disappears. I have done some testing and found that if I change my Regional Settings to Danish, it fails in the same way. However, if I then reset back to English, it still fails, even after a reboot. These are the symptoms:- 1) When region is Danish, saving a CSV file locally and double-clicking it within Windows ...

How do I open attached jpgs
Out of the blue, Outlook 2007 won't let me open attached jpg files, whereas it has previously. I have auto updates installed. OS is Vista Home Premium. When I try to open an attached jpg file, the message I now get is: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Morton See the following http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Mor...

Outlook express- memory
When I close Outlook I receive message -'The Instruction at "Ox77f83905" reference memory at 'Ox009a4738' The memory could not be written. How can I mend this as when I edit attachments they revert to original when closed again. Many Thanks, Pat This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgrou...

Finally I opened the cash drawer!
The devices I use are Epson TM-T88IIIP Printer and MS EP107 Cash drawer(it's a very old mode) and the cash drawer is wired to the printer directly. Firstly, I installed the windows driver for the printer and the cash drawer couldn't open. I called the support representative and they said the driver of cash drawer has to be OPOS and the cash drawer is driven by the printer, so the printer driver has to be OPOS. I didn't see any info about this in the manual. Maybe Microsoft should add it. Then, I installed the Epson OPOS driver and added the the printer and the cash drawer in...

exporting outlook to access
I work for a Federal Government Agency in Washington, DC. MS Outlook is our email program. It allows you to export a mail folder to MS Access by following the following steps: Select folder | File | Import and Export . . . | Export to file | Microsoft Access | Select folder to export from: | Save exported file as: [or Browse...] | The following actions will be performed: | Finish. It works pretty well, exporting lots of information/fields that you (I) didn't even know was in the messages. Unfortunately, it does not export certain important information, such as the date and time. In ...

Any way to make query-based distribution lists work with older Outlook clients?
Hello, I need to create 3 query-based distribution lists (QBDL) which target: 1. all users in dept x = 300 addresses; 2. all users in dept x which are permanent employees = 200 addresses; 3. all users in dept x which are contractors = 100 addresses. The good news is that all this information is in AD (populated by MIIS). The bad news is that we still have some Outlook 2002 clients. Am I correct that Outlook 2002 clients don't even see QBDLs in the GAL? That's what my testing indicates. If so, can QBDLs be access in another way, e.g., by just sending a message to their...

Outlook 2007 will only open in Safe mode
I have tried disabling all the add ins and it still will only open in safe mode. What else do I need to try. Also tried switch /resetnavpane Thanks. Is this a new problem or triggered by some event? "safetymom" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:eKlkhRJZKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have tried disabling all the add ins and it still will only open in safe >mode. What else do I need to try. > > Also tried switch /resetnavpane > > Thanks. safetymom wrote: > I have tried disabling all the add ins and it s...

Show userform at spreadsheet open
How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet? Can anyone help? Thankyou, Roger [excel2003] hi sheet or file? sheet..... Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Load userform1 userform1.Show 0 End Sub lookup modal and modaless forms in vb help. file.... Private Sub Workbook_Open() Load userform1 userform1.Show 0 End Sub also see this site.... http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm regards FSt1 "Roger on Excel" wrote: > How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet? > > Can anyone help? > &g...

Microsoft Hotmail Plus to Microsoft Outlook Live
Can I upgrade from Microsoft Hotmail Plus to Microsoft Outlook Live? Bilal Muddassir <bilalmuddassir@hotmail.com> wrote: > Can I upgrade from Microsoft Hotmail Plus to Microsoft Outlook Live? Sure, if you purchase MSN Hotmail Premium for US $45 per year. http://join.msn.com/outlook/overview-std -- Brian Tillman ...

a certain excel file hangs up when i open it
this certain file about 7mb always hangs up upon opening, it even takes almost an hour before it opens completely. when I click on any cells, it hangs up again. I tried to open the file on onther pc but the same behavior show up. I think there's something wrong with the file. It has a macro in but i disable the macro first before opening the file. Pls help, i'm about to explode. ...

slow loading, slow updating
I am using MS Money in a non-standard application. I am maintaining ledgersin checkbook fashion for 100 accounts, each set up as a separate checking account. Each of those has 3 transactions set up as automatic bill pays. Other than that, there are very few entries, averaging 6 per year at most. The program takes about 5 minutes to load. Corrections, such as posting bill payments, takes approx 10 seconds to cycle through: Open, edit, enter, wait........ Open, edit, enter, wait.....etc. I am not doing any online updating or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to speed this ...