Slow Outlook #4

I have a user whose Outlook 2000 starts slow.  When he gets into Outlook,
writing a new email, going to the calendar, etc. is also slow.  I scanned
for viruses and spyware but got nothing.  I thought the problem was network
related but he can browser the network and open files at normal speeds.  Any
ideas what would slow Outlook down and nothing else?

Thanks,

John

0
gm79ta (76)

Build is slow.
Hello. The environment is 6.0 vc++. When one DLL has 1700 source codes. Build is slow. debug start takes time. Please teach a good solution. Thanks, Buy a faster computer. ;) AliR. "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23DF80A8-723F-43A3-A5D9-7722EEA97578@microsoft.com... > Hello. > > The environment is 6.0 vc++. > When one DLL has 1700 source codes. > > Build is slow. > debug start takes time. > Please teach a good solution. > > Thanks, > "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Microsoft Outlook #48
My Microsoft Outllook 2003 takes forever to load in after being logged off.. Is there any way to speed up the process? bluexah wrote: > My Microsoft Outllook 2003 takes forever to load in Does "load in" mean "startup"? The larger your message store and the move enabled add-ons you have installed will make Outlook take longer to startup. > after being logged off.. If you logoff your Windows session, all user processes are terminated. That includes Outlook. You can't run Outlook or other apps when you are logged out of Windows. > Is there any way to sp...

Outlook #296
I was using Outlook Express as my default email handler. I recently purchased Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition. I set up my Outlook Today to be my default email handler. However, mail still goes to Express? How do I resolve this problem? Make Outlook the default for mail and remove your account from Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Al asked: | I was using Outlook Express as my defaul...

Slow Navigating Folders for attachments!!
Using Outlook-2002. Recently, since about a month ago, when I try to save attachments or attach files to messages and attempt to navigate to the folder of interest (after I click on the attach button), navigation is VERY slow - like if I click on a sub-folder, it may take over a minute for that sub-folder to open. It doesn't matter if other apps are running, or if I'm just changing to a different drive, or to the root directory. Everything takes minutes! It renders it useless :-( Any ideas? ...

Outlook 2007 - moving e-mails
In Outlook 2007 (& previously in 2003) if you move an e-mail from one folder to another, it will "remember" the destination folder. And, when you right click on the next e-mail and click on "move," it will, by default, select the prior destination folder.....it will "remember." Recently, my Outlook 2007 will no longer "remember." I've tried re-booting, running the Office "Diagnostics", but nothing seems to help. I've tried going into "Tools" and then "Options" but I can't find a solution the...

Outlook Opens SLOWLY
My Outlook windows seem to open so much more SLOWLY than other windows. Could there possibly be something slowing it down? If so, what can I check and/or fix to take care of this? I have Outlook 2007 and Windows XP. Thanks in advance to whomever may be able to help. Candy Perhaps so. What antivirus software are you running? Has it always been slow or did this start recently? Do you have a LOT of data (emails, contacts, calendar, etc.) in it? What kind of machine do you have? How much RAM? Do you have a lot of other things running at the same time? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, ...

synchronize home and work outlook accounts, possible?
Is it possible to synchronize Outlook on two computers over the internet, so a home machine and a work machine update one another whenever a message is sent, or read? Mike S wrote: > Is it possible to synchronize Outlook on two computers over the > internet, so a home machine and a work machine update one another > whenever a message is sent, or read? Stop using POP. Get an e-mail account that supports IMAP access. On 8/28/2010 10:25 PM, VanguardLH wrote: > Mike S wrote: > >> Is it possible to synchronize Outlook on two computers over the >> in...

OneNote Power Toy in Outlook
WinXP/MS Office 2003 After installing "Send to OneNote from Outlook" Power Toy I was unable to send messages from Outlook. The Outbox showed the message NOT in italics with Date:None and the message was just sitting there. By uninstalling the Power Toy, the problem went away. I tested it by installing again and was able to reproduce the same problem. After the removal, the problem did not exist anymore. Sent a message to Microsoft. Otto It's a known problem with that add-in. You can also solve it by not looking in your Outbox. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Micr...

Slow Slow Slow
When I click between different emails in my inbox, it takes ages for it to appear on the display. My internet connection is super fast. I have recently had to reinstall Office XP and I think a setting has been changed somewhere. I have an anti-virus but it never slowed it down like this before. To put in perspective, I've had 120 spams today and its took 37 minutes to delete them because of this problem. I have ran a virus check and its fine. Any thoughts on a registry tweak?? Cheers Carl Carl Sheldon <ccshell@courtlands5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > When I click between differe...

How Organize Data from Multiple Copies of Outlook?
I have three hard drives, a 15 GB, a 80 GB, and a 120 GB. Only the 15 has a working Win XP on it and it's the boot drive I'm using now. Because of different events (don't get me started!), I have three copies of Outlook 2003, one on each drive. I have some contacts and messages I want on each drive, and I have lots of duplicates. Some contacts are updated versions of other contacts with the same name. What's the best way to edit and arrange all this into one set of mail folders with one final group of contacts? I want to clear out the 120 HD, and fresh install XP on it. So na...

Outlook 2007 Reminders for Calendar & E-mails won't snooze or dism
This problem is a recent development. My problem involves the reminder pop ups for an appointment in my Outlook 2007 Calendar. If I want to snooze or even dismiss the appointment I am able to select a time just fine, and when I press "snooze" the reminder disappears just fine. However, in just a couple of minutes time (no matter how long I may have selected) the reminder pops up again. As I said this happens even if I select "dismiss". The only way to stop the reminder from continuing to pop up is to open the appointment and actually shut off the remi...

Outlook/Outllok express
Question? Does outlook express have the same capabilities as outlook? importing name, addresses, email addresses etc.. I have a text doc in word and I want to import into outlook express. I can't find an import option for a text doc seperated by tabs. help!! Theo wrote: > Question? Does outlook express have the same capabilities > as outlook? importing name, addresses, email addresses > etc.. I have a text doc in word and I want to import into > outlook express. I can't find an import option for a text > doc seperated by tabs. > > help!! This newsgroup is for...

Outlook 2003
2 questions on outlook 2003 which I recently installed: 1. It does not send and receive automatically upon executing outlook. I have to hit send/receive. Is there a way to make outlook send and receive automatically upon opening Outlook? 2. When I send a test message, it fails, evgen though I can send and receive email properly. I don't know where to look - everything seems to be working otherwise. Thanks, Steve D. 1. Tools -> Options -> Mail Setup Has the option to turn on 'Send immedietly when connected' -- Chinnasamy [495968] "Steve D." <sbdick@op...

Why are messages disappearing from my inbox in Outlook?
Messages are disappearing from my Inbox folder. Have checked all my other folders and also the recycle bin and they are not there they seem to just disappear. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. Thanks in advance. "aussie_deb" <aussie_deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:897A8B00-7447-46FE-A3E6-5CC1E3ABD8A5@microsoft.com... > Messages are disappearing from my Inbox folder. Have checked all my other > folders and also the recycle bin and they are not there they seem to just > disappear. Does a...

Word 2003
It takes sometimes 10 seconds when I press crtl+c (copy) or crtl+x (cut) in a text inside Word 2003. Even if it is only one word it takes a lot of time just to copy or cut or paste it. That does not happen in Excel or Power Point only in Word. Please can anybody help me to solve this very annoying issue? Thank you very much indeed, Anderson From reading other postings on this forum, it seems that poor AddIns can cause this latency. I have also found that doing a clean up of the temp files seems to help as well. Hope this helps DeanH "Anderson" wrote: ...

Re: Unresolved item
This well known problem has come back to haunt me. See http://tinyurl.com/4xb5y If an appointment has been made containing an email address that is not in Contacts it will refuse to sync (ActivSycn 3.7.1). One way is to add each contact to the address book - not very sensible if this is one off meeting with people you are never going to meet again. So I'd like to know if there is a way of listing (or searching for) only those appointments that have emails (attendees?) attached to them? -- Brett Try posting to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync it is not an Outlook problem. -...

Outlook Today Calendar Help
Greetings Folks I am in search of some help displaying a group calendar on Outlook Today. I've got a group calendar folder right under the default Calendar. Also I am able to change the OUTLWVW.DLL file from <OBJECT ID="CalList" CLASSID="CLSID:0468C085-CA5B-11D0-AF08-00609797F0E0"> <PARAM NAME="Module" VALUE="Calendar"> </OBJECT> to <OBJECT ID="CalList" CLASSID="CLSID:0468C085-CA5B-11D0-AF08-00609797F0E0"> <PARAM NAME="Module" VALUE="Calendar\Group Calendar"> </OBJECT> ...

outlook 2000 #111
I cannot delete anything from my inbox items and sent items. I get this error The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persist, restart outlook. I have tried to restart it, does not work. I also did a repair on the pst file, repair on outlook, downloaded patch sr1, did all my updates, any suggestion, the inbox and sent items are filling up. Thanks, Melonie ...

slow loading, slow updating
I am using MS Money in a non-standard application. I am maintaining ledgersin checkbook fashion for 100 accounts, each set up as a separate checking account. Each of those has 3 transactions set up as automatic bill pays. Other than that, there are very few entries, averaging 6 per year at most. The program takes about 5 minutes to load. Corrections, such as posting bill payments, takes approx 10 seconds to cycle through: Open, edit, enter, wait........ Open, edit, enter, wait.....etc. I am not doing any online updating or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to speed this ...

Dialing from Outlook
I would like to be able to use Outlook to dial my phone numbers, as it can at the moment. However, when I click on talk, I would like the sound to go via my head set plugged into my PC instead of having to pick up the handset. Is this possible? Even better, I would like to be able to record the conversations on to hard disk as a Journal or Phone Call Entry. Can anybody help? Is this possible? Please reply to Nik@Korda[REMOVE THIS].Biz You need to pick up the handset for the call to work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intac...

Two (2) instances of OUTLOOK.EXE Running
We have a single machine that is giving me fits. Win2K with MS Office XP. We are also using MS Exchange Server 2000. This particular machine has trouble in the past logging on to the Exchange Server Get Server Busy error messages & authentication error messages. The MS Knowledgebase fix it to go into Network Properties, un-check TCP/IP, Re-boot then re-enable TCP/IP. What a pain. Now, there seems to be times when there are items in the Outbox indefinitely. Checking the Send/Receive details, Outlook is indicating that it can not contact the SMTP Server (mail.dekascale.com). I can go into t...

Outlook 2002 For Email
I am unable to manage email through Outlook 2002. I have added my email address properly (selecting tools, add email account, etc.). My settings - user name, logon, POP, SMTP are correctly inserted. When I send the "test message" return "messages" indicate everything should work fine. I even receive a test message from Microsoft on the web-based version of my email (SBC Global). However, when I go into Outlook and attempt to send an email message, nothing happens. The screen remains visible. The messages I have attempted to send remain in my "drafts&quo...

Outlook crushed !!!!!!
Hi I hope someone had this problem... I am running Outlook 2000 For some strange reason it crush.... Every time I am strting an app. it giving me an error se attached. I had try to reinstall Outlook, repaire using Office CD, nothing helping. Error notifying me that log is getting created, however I do not see a log, or maybe I am looking in to wrong place. I hope for my sake some one havc an answer to this Thanx Lev File Attached: http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=96617 (outlk_err.gif) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http:...

Can I receive my gmail thru outlook and how?
Can someone help me,,,I changed settings in my gmail account settings as I was told,,,followed the instruction in Outlook,,,when I was finished,,,I tried to send a message and I was told that Outlook could not send mail,,,I'm pretty sure that it said something about sychronizing,,, Verified the account settings already? Also make sure you enable authentication for the SMTP server. See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/accountsettings.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Down...

Can I download my Outlook Web Access email into Outlook Express?
Hello I use Outlook Web Access hosted at work on an Exchange server. But it is a real pain because it takes about ten minutes just to log on. i would prefer to download my messages to Outlook Express. I know how to download Hotmail into Outlook Express. Is it possible to do the same with emails on an Exchange server - I connect using https://xyz/exchange I cannot connect on port 110 - so can not directly get pop3 mail. But wondered if I could download my web mail somehow. Angus Comber ac@NOSPAMiteloffice.com Afraid not, if you want it in Outlook Express see if your Exchange Adminis...