Slow opening messages with attachments

In recent days, my OL 2003 install has begun to "hang" on any message with
an attachment. It takes 30-45 sec to open any message with an attachment (5k
text fiels take just as long as 5M PDFs). No difference whether using
preview pane or not - as soon as I try tio look a tht emessage, it's coffee
break time.

AFAIK, I haven't done anything to trigger this - no recent updates, no
config changes, etc.

Attemptintg to resolve this I've tried the following:

- Cleaned up & compacted the .PST file
- Disabled "IM integration"
- Renamed the outcmd.dat file

None of this has worked.

HELP!

This will be unhelpful Frank, but I too have the exact same trouble.  This
behavior began seemingly randomly a couple of days ago.

It had happened to me before on my laptop, but I wound up reverting back to
re-imaging it, and have not had the problem since for about 3 months until a
couple of days ago.

It is really annoying and I cannot seem to find any solution to it.

"Frank Rowe" wrote:

> In recent days, my OL 2003 install has begun to "hang" on any message with
> an attachment. It takes 30-45 sec to open any message with an attachment (5k
> text fiels take just as long as 5M PDFs). No difference whether using
> preview pane or not - as soon as I try tio look a tht emessage, it's coffee
> break time.
>
> AFAIK, I haven't done anything to trigger this - no recent updates, no
> config changes, etc.
>
> Attemptintg to resolve this I've tried the following:
>
> - Cleaned up & compacted the .PST file
> - Disabled "IM integration"
> - Renamed the outcmd.dat file
>
> None of this has worked.
>
> HELP!

sending picture files as attachments
I am having trouble sending picture files as attachments. They used to work fine but now when I try to open the picture attachments, they open in powerpoint (I sent a copy to myself so I could see if they were going through ok). Powerpoint does not show the pictures, only a bunch of data. What is going on? This never happened before. ...

opening wrong version
When I open Money (08 plus) the wrong version opens. It doesn't open the last version I saved. So I have to restore the backup and search for the right one. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Chiskes wrote: >When I open Money (08 plus) the wrong version opens. It doesn't open the >last version I saved. So I have to restore the backup and search for the >right one. Any ideas? If you mean you want a different file to open, use the Most Recently Used (MRU) list at the bottom of the File menu to switch. Money should open the MRU file next time. An alternative is t...

Build is slow.
Hello. The environment is 6.0 vc++. When one DLL has 1700 source codes. Build is slow. debug start takes time. Please teach a good solution. Thanks, Buy a faster computer. ;) AliR. "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23DF80A8-723F-43A3-A5D9-7722EEA97578@microsoft.com... > Hello. > > The environment is 6.0 vc++. > When one DLL has 1700 source codes. > > Build is slow. > debug start takes time. > Please teach a good solution. > > Thanks, > "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Automatically Save Message To Contact Detail
Is there a way to automatically have emails sent to and/or from a contact automatically saved in that contact's detail as an attachment? Cass <cass84@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to automatically have emails sent to and/or from a > contact automatically saved in that contact's detail as an attachment? Isn't that sort of what the Journal does? -- Brian Tillman No... Brian Tillman wrote: > Cass <cass84@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Is there a way to automatically have emails sent to and/or from a > > contact automatically saved in that conta...

Outlook Opens SLOWLY
My Outlook windows seem to open so much more SLOWLY than other windows. Could there possibly be something slowing it down? If so, what can I check and/or fix to take care of this? I have Outlook 2007 and Windows XP. Thanks in advance to whomever may be able to help. Candy Perhaps so. What antivirus software are you running? Has it always been slow or did this start recently? Do you have a LOT of data (emails, contacts, calendar, etc.) in it? What kind of machine do you have? How much RAM? Do you have a lot of other things running at the same time? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, ...

Send To as attachment
When I click the Send To (As attachment) from withing MS Excel, Outlook Express opens. When I do it from withing Word, AOL Opens. I want AOL to be the default for MS Excel too. How do I change this? Try closing excel and then open MS Internet Explorer. Tools|Internet Options|Programs Tab Change the E-mail option to AOL. (Just a guess if it's already set for AOL. Change it to something else and then Apply. Then change it back to AOL. Maybe that would workk.) ibeetb wrote: > > When I click the Send To (As attachment) from withing MS Excel, Outlook > Express opens. When I do...

Slow Navigating Folders for attachments!!
Using Outlook-2002. Recently, since about a month ago, when I try to save attachments or attach files to messages and attempt to navigate to the folder of interest (after I click on the attach button), navigation is VERY slow - like if I click on a sub-folder, it may take over a minute for that sub-folder to open. It doesn't matter if other apps are running, or if I'm just changing to a different drive, or to the root directory. Everything takes minutes! It renders it useless :-( Any ideas? ...

Why are messages disappearing from my inbox in Outlook?
Messages are disappearing from my Inbox folder. Have checked all my other folders and also the recycle bin and they are not there they seem to just disappear. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. Thanks in advance. "aussie_deb" <aussie_deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:897A8B00-7447-46FE-A3E6-5CC1E3ABD8A5@microsoft.com... > Messages are disappearing from my Inbox folder. Have checked all my other > folders and also the recycle bin and they are not there they seem to just > disappear. Does a...

Outlook 2003
2 questions on outlook 2003 which I recently installed: 1. It does not send and receive automatically upon executing outlook. I have to hit send/receive. Is there a way to make outlook send and receive automatically upon opening Outlook? 2. When I send a test message, it fails, evgen though I can send and receive email properly. I don't know where to look - everything seems to be working otherwise. Thanks, Steve D. 1. Tools -> Options -> Mail Setup Has the option to turn on 'Send immedietly when connected' -- Chinnasamy [495968] "Steve D." <sbdick@op...

Word 2003
It takes sometimes 10 seconds when I press crtl+c (copy) or crtl+x (cut) in a text inside Word 2003. Even if it is only one word it takes a lot of time just to copy or cut or paste it. That does not happen in Excel or Power Point only in Word. Please can anybody help me to solve this very annoying issue? Thank you very much indeed, Anderson From reading other postings on this forum, it seems that poor AddIns can cause this latency. I have also found that doing a clean up of the temp files seems to help as well. Hope this helps DeanH "Anderson" wrote: ...

Slow Slow Slow
When I click between different emails in my inbox, it takes ages for it to appear on the display. My internet connection is super fast. I have recently had to reinstall Office XP and I think a setting has been changed somewhere. I have an anti-virus but it never slowed it down like this before. To put in perspective, I've had 120 spams today and its took 37 minutes to delete them because of this problem. I have ran a virus check and its fine. Any thoughts on a registry tweak?? Cheers Carl Carl Sheldon <ccshell@courtlands5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > When I click between differe...

Unread messages look bold but gray
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have my preferences set so that unread messages are both bold and black and read messages are gray. However my unread messages sometimes look black and bold and sometimes look gray and bold. This makes it very hard to discern quickly which messages have been read and which have not. I think it might have something to do with receiving the emails also on my iphone, but I can't find any consistency to support that theory. Any thoughts? On 2/5/10 6:52 AM, in article 59bb24fd.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, &qu...

Error opening a CSV from Web Browser after changing Region
We generate CSV files from our web application and most people can access them from Internet Explorer no problem (Excel starts within an IE window). However, some users in Denmark have reported that Excel does not load, all that happens is that the IE window appears briefly then disappears. I have done some testing and found that if I change my Regional Settings to Danish, it fails in the same way. However, if I then reset back to English, it still fails, even after a reboot. These are the symptoms:- 1) When region is Danish, saving a CSV file locally and double-clicking it within Windows ...

How do I open attached jpgs
Out of the blue, Outlook 2007 won't let me open attached jpg files, whereas it has previously. I have auto updates installed. OS is Vista Home Premium. When I try to open an attached jpg file, the message I now get is: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Morton See the following http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Mor...

Integration Manager Error Messages #2
When using Integration Manager for GP 10, I received this error message: 5: FAF0005 INTERNAL Insert Failed 0. Seconds DOC 5 ERROR: Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.eConnect: Number = 10400 Stored Procedure taCreateAssetBook : Description = If LTD Depreciation Amount (LTDDEPRAMT) is entered, Depreciation to Date (DEPRTODATE) can not be greater than the last day of the current fiscal year for this book Are there any known resolutions? Tunesia, I don't believe this issue has anything to do with IM or the eConnect adapter, but rather with the procedures followed by your accounting sta...

Finally I opened the cash drawer!
The devices I use are Epson TM-T88IIIP Printer and MS EP107 Cash drawer(it's a very old mode) and the cash drawer is wired to the printer directly. Firstly, I installed the windows driver for the printer and the cash drawer couldn't open. I called the support representative and they said the driver of cash drawer has to be OPOS and the cash drawer is driven by the printer, so the printer driver has to be OPOS. I didn't see any info about this in the manual. Maybe Microsoft should add it. Then, I installed the Epson OPOS driver and added the the printer and the cash drawer in...

Outlook 2007 will only open in Safe mode
I have tried disabling all the add ins and it still will only open in safe mode. What else do I need to try. Also tried switch /resetnavpane Thanks. Is this a new problem or triggered by some event? "safetymom" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:eKlkhRJZKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have tried disabling all the add ins and it still will only open in safe >mode. What else do I need to try. > > Also tried switch /resetnavpane > > Thanks. safetymom wrote: > I have tried disabling all the add ins and it s...

Show userform at spreadsheet open
How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet? Can anyone help? Thankyou, Roger [excel2003] hi sheet or file? sheet..... Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Load userform1 userform1.Show 0 End Sub lookup modal and modaless forms in vb help. file.... Private Sub Workbook_Open() Load userform1 userform1.Show 0 End Sub also see this site.... http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm regards FSt1 "Roger on Excel" wrote: > How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet? > > Can anyone help? > &g...

Can not receive attachment files in emails sending by CRM
My clients said that "Their customers can receive their emails sent from CRM Web application but can not receive the attachment files in those emails. This problem does not exist if they use Microsoft Outlook to send emails" When I test this case by sending emails with attachment files by CRM web application to my clients, my clients can receive all of them, emails and attachment files in those emails. What happen with it? And how to solve this problem? I am looking forward to your ideas. Thank you. Hi, Did anyone mention the size of the attachments? (This maximum size can be ...

a certain excel file hangs up when i open it
this certain file about 7mb always hangs up upon opening, it even takes almost an hour before it opens completely. when I click on any cells, it hangs up again. I tried to open the file on onther pc but the same behavior show up. I think there's something wrong with the file. It has a macro in but i disable the macro first before opening the file. Pls help, i'm about to explode. ...

slow loading, slow updating
I am using MS Money in a non-standard application. I am maintaining ledgersin checkbook fashion for 100 accounts, each set up as a separate checking account. Each of those has 3 transactions set up as automatic bill pays. Other than that, there are very few entries, averaging 6 per year at most. The program takes about 5 minutes to load. Corrections, such as posting bill payments, takes approx 10 seconds to cycle through: Open, edit, enter, wait........ Open, edit, enter, wait.....etc. I am not doing any online updating or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to speed this ...

Slow Viewing e-mails
Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? Found an answer to the problem in another post. Simply turning of the Messenger Integration fixed everything. /Johan >-----Original Message----- >Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. >Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It >worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? >. > On 25 nov 2003 Johan wrote: > Found an answer to the problem in another pos...

opening a workbook on a cetain page
I have a worksheet as a main menu. I want this sheet to come up first when I open up my workbook. I realise that the worksheet you are on when its last saved is displayed first, I just wanted to know to overlook this and have a perminant 'first page' no matter what sheet you save last on. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You need VBA to do this. Use a macro like the following: Sub Auto_Open() Worksheets("TheSheet").Select End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "electric...

why GetFieldValue() is so slow
I get connected a vfp6 dbf file, and the total record number is about 50000, I want to export specified field value ( most of their type are string), and the result is correct, but it works toooooo slow, and I find the function GetFieldValue takes most time. my code is: while(!m_Rs.IsEOF()) { for(index=0; index < m_ListDest.GetCount(); index++) { strLine=m_pSortItem[m_pSortList[index]]; m_Rs.GetFieldValue(m_pSortList[index], strVal); strVal.TrimRight(_T(' ')); if(strVal == "" && m_isFilter) continue; strLine.Insert(0, _T('[')); ...

After clicking Reply the window opens but Outlook stays on top
When replying to an email Outlook usually opens the window on top of the program so the Outlook window is covered. However, occasionally when I click on Reply it opens a "reply" window underneath the Outlook window. I have to minimize Outlook to access the reply email. This is an intermittent problem. Does anyone know how to fix this? ...