Slow down checking for new messages

Gurus,

Running Outlook 2003 in Corporate mode. Exchange 2003 server on the
back-end.  Is there anyway to make my Outlook client check for new messages
only like say, every 30 minutes?  I am trying to organize my time better and
I find that email being delivered to me as soon as it is sent is a
distraction.

--
Spin

0
Spin (165)

No, but you can impose some self-discipline.  Set a time each hour when you
will deal with incoming mail such as on the half-hour.  If there is no need
to respond immediately, then don't - keep working on the task at hand until
half past the hour.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Spin asked:

| Gurus,
|
| Running Outlook 2003 in Corporate mode. Exchange 2003 server on the
| back-end.  Is there anyway to make my Outlook client check for new
| messages only like say, every 30 minutes?  I am trying to organize my
| time better and I find that email being delivered to me as soon as it
| is sent is a distraction.

0
millys7517 (85)
4/12/2006 12:17:31 AM
LOL, thanks for the reality check and advice.

--
Spin

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<millys@donteventhinkaboutemailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> No, but you can impose some self-discipline.  Set a time each hour when
> you
> will deal with incoming mail such as on the half-hour.  If there is no
> need
> to respond immediately, then don't - keep working on the task at hand
> until
> half past the hour.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>

> After furious head scratching, Spin asked:
>
> | Gurus,
> |
> | Running Outlook 2003 in Corporate mode. Exchange 2003 server on the
> | back-end.  Is there anyway to make my Outlook client check for new
> | messages only like say, every 30 minutes?  I am trying to organize my
> | time better and I find that email being delivered to me as soon as it
> | is sent is a distraction.

0
Spin (165)

New Employee, logs in to Domain, but not to Exchange
Good Afternoon, Last week we hired a new employee in the accounting department. I copied the profile of another now-defunct employee in the Accounting department, and set her up. She is now able to log into the domain fine, and do everything else she needs to do, but she isn't able to open Outlook (2000) and connect to the Exchange 2003 Server, without receiving: "Unable to open your default e-mail folder. You do not have permission to log on." I have checked, she is unable to log on to OWA either. Same denial. No permissions. I did a side-by-side comparison of per...

Automatically Save Message To Contact Detail
Is there a way to automatically have emails sent to and/or from a contact automatically saved in that contact's detail as an attachment? Cass <cass84@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to automatically have emails sent to and/or from a > contact automatically saved in that contact's detail as an attachment? Isn't that sort of what the Journal does? -- Brian Tillman No... Brian Tillman wrote: > Cass <cass84@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Is there a way to automatically have emails sent to and/or from a > > contact automatically saved in that conta...

new workbooks
I have a user that when she opened a new workbook it opened as a seperate workbook so she could flick between them now when she opens a new workbook it opens in the same workbook. Hope this is not too confusing! Is there a setting somewhere that open workbooks as seperate workbooks Hi goto 'Tools - Options - General' and check 'Windows in taskbar' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sal" <tracey.ryman@tandf.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ODb4mCRrEHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a user that when she opened a new workbook it opene...

Build is slow.
Hello. The environment is 6.0 vc++. When one DLL has 1700 source codes. Build is slow. debug start takes time. Please teach a good solution. Thanks, Buy a faster computer. ;) AliR. "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23DF80A8-723F-43A3-A5D9-7722EEA97578@microsoft.com... > Hello. > > The environment is 6.0 vc++. > When one DLL has 1700 source codes. > > Build is slow. > debug start takes time. > Please teach a good solution. > > Thanks, > "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How do I put a chart into a new sheet?
The version of excel I usually use has a prompt to put the chart into a new sheet, where you don't see the spreadsheet anymore. Does anyone know how to do that?W If you right click the chart (near the outer edge0 there is an option location. "Erica" wrote: > The version of excel I usually use has a prompt to put the chart into a new > sheet, where you don't see the spreadsheet anymore. Does anyone know how to > do that?W ...

Slow Navigating Folders for attachments!!
Using Outlook-2002. Recently, since about a month ago, when I try to save attachments or attach files to messages and attempt to navigate to the folder of interest (after I click on the attach button), navigation is VERY slow - like if I click on a sub-folder, it may take over a minute for that sub-folder to open. It doesn't matter if other apps are running, or if I'm just changing to a different drive, or to the root directory. Everything takes minutes! It renders it useless :-( Any ideas? ...

Why are messages disappearing from my inbox in Outlook?
Messages are disappearing from my Inbox folder. Have checked all my other folders and also the recycle bin and they are not there they seem to just disappear. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. Thanks in advance. "aussie_deb" <aussie_deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:897A8B00-7447-46FE-A3E6-5CC1E3ABD8A5@microsoft.com... > Messages are disappearing from my Inbox folder. Have checked all my other > folders and also the recycle bin and they are not there they seem to just > disappear. Does a...

Create New Sheets and Name Them Based on Values in another sheet
Hey everyone. I have seen several different posts on these different topics, but I need to combine them all. Here is a brief summary of what I need to do. I have a sheet that has a list of ID#'s on it. I have setup a formula to lookup the names associated with the ID #'s. For each set of ID#'s, I have to create a copy of a generic calculation sheet that I have setup to run a set of calculations on. NOTE: This generic sheet has some very detailed lookup functions, as it is looking up detailed sales information, and will be based on the ID#. So, I need to create ...

import data from sql on a clean install of CRM (new SID)
I performed a clean install on a new server but can not import or restore my data from my old crm install because the SIDs are differnt and CRM stops working. What can I do to get data to my new database from the old database. My main goal is to get my accounts and contacts back. Everything else I can recreate. Anyone who knows how to solve my issue please lend your assistance. Thanks in advance. If you're just concerned about Accounts and Contacts you should check out the Data Migration Framework. You could also use the Redeployment Tool but you would have to still have yo...

Word 2003
It takes sometimes 10 seconds when I press crtl+c (copy) or crtl+x (cut) in a text inside Word 2003. Even if it is only one word it takes a lot of time just to copy or cut or paste it. That does not happen in Excel or Power Point only in Word. Please can anybody help me to solve this very annoying issue? Thank you very much indeed, Anderson From reading other postings on this forum, it seems that poor AddIns can cause this latency. I have also found that doing a clean up of the temp files seems to help as well. Hope this helps DeanH "Anderson" wrote: ...

Using And/Or with Check Box
I have a form (form1) with a subform (subform2) and another subform (subform3) On subform2 there is a text box for mom's employer's name. On subform3 there is a text box for dad's employer's name. On form1 there is a check box (Check0) that needs to be filled in automatically when either mom or dad has an employer, or left blank (false) if neither one has an employer. I have tried several different solutions including: Nz(Subform1.Form![Employer], Nz(Subform2.Form![Emplyer], False)) IIf (Not IsNull(Forms![Form1]![Subform1].Form![Employer]) And Not IsNull (Forms![Form1]!...

Unread messages look bold but gray
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have my preferences set so that unread messages are both bold and black and read messages are gray. However my unread messages sometimes look black and bold and sometimes look gray and bold. This makes it very hard to discern quickly which messages have been read and which have not. I think it might have something to do with receiving the emails also on my iphone, but I can't find any consistency to support that theory. Any thoughts? On 2/5/10 6:52 AM, in article 59bb24fd.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, &qu...

Slow Slow Slow
When I click between different emails in my inbox, it takes ages for it to appear on the display. My internet connection is super fast. I have recently had to reinstall Office XP and I think a setting has been changed somewhere. I have an anti-virus but it never slowed it down like this before. To put in perspective, I've had 120 spams today and its took 37 minutes to delete them because of this problem. I have ran a virus check and its fine. Any thoughts on a registry tweak?? Cheers Carl Carl Sheldon <ccshell@courtlands5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > When I click between differe...

slow loading, slow updating
I am using MS Money in a non-standard application. I am maintaining ledgersin checkbook fashion for 100 accounts, each set up as a separate checking account. Each of those has 3 transactions set up as automatic bill pays. Other than that, there are very few entries, averaging 6 per year at most. The program takes about 5 minutes to load. Corrections, such as posting bill payments, takes approx 10 seconds to cycle through: Open, edit, enter, wait........ Open, edit, enter, wait.....etc. I am not doing any online updating or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to speed this ...

Slow Viewing e-mails
Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? Found an answer to the problem in another post. Simply turning of the Messenger Integration fixed everything. /Johan >-----Original Message----- >Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. >Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It >worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? >. > On 25 nov 2003 Johan wrote: > Found an answer to the problem in another pos...

Default recipient for new messages?
Is it possible to have Outlook XP load a default recipient for new messages? yak <bruce_henke@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to have Outlook XP load a default recipient for new > messages? Do you mean that you want a particular person to receive a copy of all the mail you send? There's a rule that will do that. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wrote: > yak <bruce_henke@hotmail.com> wrote: > >> Is it possible to have Outlook XP load a default recipient for new >> messages? > > > Do you mean that you want a particular person to rec...

check boxes
Good day everyone How do I check a condition based on a check box field. For example if the field is checked something must happen please help Thanks -- donn Is this for Workflow or JScript? --MD "Donald" wrote: > Good day everyone > > How do I check a condition based on a check box field. > > For example if the field is checked something must happen > please help > > Thanks > -- > donn hopefull it will help you Search for "Getting notified when a user changes a checkbox value before leaving the field" in http://www.stunnware.c...

Copy data from column that begins with data to new sheet
Hello, I'm currently trying to copy data from a row in excel based on what's in colum B to it's own sheet. I've found some good macros but need some help on how to modify it to fit my needs. The one macro that is almost perfect is AdvFilterRepFiltered.zip on http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#CondFormat That being said, Column B consists of something like this: 3960020262 3960020263 4550050473 4550050474 I want to be able to sort 39600 and 45500 to their own sheet. The macro I mentioned above works great but it will sort everything to it's own sheet that doesn...

why GetFieldValue() is so slow
I get connected a vfp6 dbf file, and the total record number is about 50000, I want to export specified field value ( most of their type are string), and the result is correct, but it works toooooo slow, and I find the function GetFieldValue takes most time. my code is: while(!m_Rs.IsEOF()) { for(index=0; index < m_ListDest.GetCount(); index++) { strLine=m_pSortItem[m_pSortList[index]]; m_Rs.GetFieldValue(m_pSortList[index], strVal); strVal.TrimRight(_T(' ')); if(strVal == "" && m_isFilter) continue; strLine.Insert(0, _T('[')); ...

Outlook 2003 Pro with XP Pro Too Slow with McAfee 2004
I just bought a new high-end brandname laptop with XP Pro. In it, I: - installed Office 2003 Pro, - installed McAfee Internet Security Center 6.0 2004 (including Firewall, AntiVirus, Privacy Service, Spamkiller), and - downloaded and installed all latest MS and McAfee software updates, by the books. Hoping to lessen intra-computer response, I opted out some sub-features in McAfee. The installations were easy. Without McAfee, Outlook 2003 was fast, reliable. After installing and working with McAfee, Outlook 2003 is miserably slow in most operations (send/receive, clicking on ema...

Outlook 2003
I have the auto check feature on so that I can start typing in the TO field - recent name automatically come up. My problem is that everytime I reboot it reset and eraes all the names. My bother has the same program - seemingly setup the same way - that does not dump the names. Am I missing a setting? Should the names stay after a restart/reboot? They should. Create a new profile to fix the problem. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Scott" <dsmurphy@dsmurphy.com> wrote in message news:a28601c3ec09$6396e4c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have the auto check feature on so tha...

This message has not yet been submitted for delivery (EMail Router Workflow)
I have CRM 4.0 and an external Exchange/SMTP host. The Email router is installed and I believe working. All tests complete successfully. Also - I can create a new Activity --> Email and receive an email message via CRM4 no problem. I created a workflow that is supposed to send an Email to the customer when a case is resolved. When I create a test case and resolve it - the email appears in Pending Queue. When I double click the Email it says "This message has not yet been submitted for delivery." There are no errors in the WIn Event Log. My outgoing messages are set to Email Rout...

Printing Outlook 2k2 messages
When I sent messages to the printer, only the body of the mesage gets printed and not the From, To, Cc, and so on, headers. "Tony" wrote: > When I sent messages to the printer, only the body of the > mesage gets printed and not the From, To, Cc, and so on, > headers. > ...

Exchange 2000 very slow
My Exchange 2000 SP4 is very slow and every computer keep showing the Outlook Send/Receive Progress window. This is happen every morning. I have to restart the Exchange Server twice a day, once in the morning and later in the afternoon. Once I do that then everything is ok until the afternoon around 3:30pm. Could someone please tell what could be causing this problem and how can I solve the problem? Thanks in advance, Look for any processes that start to eat more ram throughout the day. if you see one find out what app it is from and check the manufacturer for an update. Sounds li...

New User not reflected in DC
I have 2 DC in my company. 1 is running w2k and the other running w2k3 with exchange2k3. Both are DC and GC. Everything is working fine. Mails coming in and out are fine. However, when I create a new user under the w2k3 using exchange, the userid and mailbox is created. The new user can login to the network and send and receive mails. But, this new userid is not reflected in the w2k AD users & computers. How to ask both dc to replicate themselves now? On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 19:18:27 -0800, "Vincent" <Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 2 DC in my compa...