Since we installed Office 2007, Outlook 2003 no longer runs

Hello,

One of our technical people has this problem. On an Xp Sp2 box with Office
2003 he tried to install Office 2007. Since that Outlook 2003 stopped
working with this error message : MAPI32.dll is corrupt or incompatible
version. Renaming MAPI32.dll and restarting Outlook does not
work.

When I go into Contral Panel and Click on Mail, I get the message that I
need more memory or system resources.

Tried uninstall Office 2007 and reinstall and repair office 2003 without any
result. We still get the message MAPI32.dll is corrupt or incompatible
version. What could I try now?

Regards,

I renamed MSMAPI32.DLL in C:\Program Files\Common
Files\System\MSMAPI\1033\...(also in \1036\) and it worked.

"JacquesT" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
%2304kmjLgJHA.4900@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> One of our technical people has this problem. On an Xp Sp2 box with Office
> 2003 he tried to install Office 2007. Since that Outlook 2003 stopped
> working with this error message : MAPI32.dll is corrupt or incompatible
> version. Renaming MAPI32.dll and restarting Outlook does not
> work.
>
> When I go into Contral Panel and Click on Mail, I get the message that I
> need more memory or system resources.
>
> Tried uninstall Office 2007 and reinstall and repair office 2003 without
> any result. We still get the message MAPI32.dll is corrupt or incompatible
> version. What could I try now?
>
> Regards,

Bulk image deletion in Excel 2003
Hi, Here is my problem: I am trying to dump a bunch of HTML data tables into Excel spreadsheets. The HTML formatting is important for me, so I just use "Copy and Paste" function that allows me to preserve HTML like look of the tables. However, along with the formatting this function also preserves a bunch of tiny images that are present in the original HTML file but are not necessary in the Excel file. There are on average about 16 or them per table, and right now I have to go through nearly 200 tables and click on each image separately in order to get rid of them. So, here is my q...

"Sharing" Office on the same machine
I am new to MAC. I have two users on my machine, and I installed Office for Mac while user 1 was active. All Office programs will launch as promised. When I try to access Office under user 2, none of the programs will launch. Can they be shared on the same machine between users? If so, what steps are required. Bob The only thing that comes to mind is where the app was installed. Was it in the application folder for USER1, or in the systemwide application folder. The last is where it should be for all users to have access to it. TK b1bob@thevillages.net wrote: > I am new to MAC. ...

Is there a tool for Exchange 2003 or 2007 to create Public Folder
Is there a tool for Exchange 2003 or 2007 to create Public folders as well as data within those folders for test purposes? thanks in advance On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:09:20 -0800, RP <RP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a tool for Exchange 2003 or 2007 to create Public folders as well as >data within those folders for test purposes? > >thanks in advance OUtlook is a good one. Its actually for performance purposes. I'm looking for a tool to create a large amount of test data. Is there a programatic way to do this through Outlook? "Andy David {MVP}&qu...

default install
We have users who bounce from computer to computer. I'd like to find a way for outlook to just accept their logon and already know the server name. Thanks for any help. newprof.exe (native to Outlook 2002 and better) should do this for you. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Bob D" wrote: > We have users who bounce from computer to computer. I'd like to find a way > for outlook to just accept their logon and already know the server n...

Outlook 2007
Hello, In Outlook 2007 with an Exchange-server mailbox : - is it possible to open the Contacts folder and configure the view to only show distribution lists? - can we also show the name of each distribution list, followed by its members (like the by By Category view)? Thanks, - Alan. No. DL's are a deprecated feature that never did work well. Most users abandoned them long ago and use Categories instead. -- Russ Valentine "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:be72d571-2d86-4eda-9f5d-d0e11d4a05c9@o14g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Hello,...

Field Service Installation Failed in GP 8 with Arabic Collation
Hi All, I unable to install the databse schema to any of the database due to field service does not install on Arabic Collation. Anybody has solution. Regards Akber ...

Update Installer not finding Office to install to!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office 2008 installed, complete with the previous 3 updates, 1201,1210,1211, all of which installed with no bother at all. I have downloaded 1212, and the installer cannot find a valid volume to install to. All my volumes, including the one with Office installed and updated previously, come up with exclamation marks in the installer window, and when I click on my startup volume in that window I get the message: You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.2 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to inst...

Unable to install Outlook 2003
Trying to upgrade a users Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. User has a Windows 2000 Prof system. Runs the the install (upgrade), no errors, but before it completes the install it seems to abort the upgrade. When I open Outlook 2000, it's unchanged. I guess I should be happy for that. User receives a "ton" of junk mail and it would be easier for user to manage the junk mail. Any info would be greatly appreciated. what SP level is the Windows 2000 machine? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert...

PC Perf. slow-down since 05 install
Folks, I know this has been kicked around--we all know MSFT M05 is slow. However, since installing M05 I have noticed my PC mouse "stops" or "jerks" even while Money is closed. I can explain it like this: recall when Money is open and it goes to "automatically" update... the cursor turns into an hourglass and sometimes jerks as the processor spikes..? ....well, that's what happens on my PC even though M05 is closed. I wonder if MSFT made changes to iexplorer.exe or associated .dll's ??? Since the install, the performance on my AMD Athelon XP 280...

upgrade Outlook 2000
Hello, I have used Outlook 2000 on Windows XP Pro platform. I want to upgrade this version now. On Microsoft download site I found some upgrade files and I already download some too. But when I install it I got message that version is not correct. I used this Outlook version 9.0.0.2711. I used IE 6 that I also want to upgrade. Hopping some guideline by this group. vit ...

installing
Version: 2008 Processor: Intel I installed office under my account then tried to install it in my daughter'e account on the same computer. (We just bought an iMac and we each have separate accounts.) For some reason it's not showing up on her account and the icons aren't showing in the dock like they did for me. Can you help? Thanks, Tracey "tracemunz@officeformac.com" wrote: > > I installed office under my account then tried to install it in my daughter'e > account on the same computer. (We just bought an iMac and we each have > separate accounts.) Fo...

Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007
How can i have two version of outlook on the same machine and same user. I want to have Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007. Can I do this if so how Thanks Donald Sorry to report this, but you can't. "donald" <jonathan@dorling.biz> wrote in message news:1159712773.880427.255330@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > How can i have two version of outlook on the same machine and same > user. > > I want to have Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007. Can I do this if so how > > Thanks > > Donald > what about different users? neo [mvp outlook] wrote: > So...

Installing addition module on workstation not server
I need to test Collections in Fabrikam company. I have installed the additional module, but cannot log into as says the database has not setup, but there are no tasks to run in utilities. I am running Dynamics 9.0. Previous versions, I was able to copy the sql folder from the server, which then allowed me to create tables from my workstation. We do not let any user access the server directly. Why not install the software on the workstation and select the server option? You will also need SQL Server tools on the workstation. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Luvsql" wrote: >...

Outlook Express. . .can't get mail !!
EPleae excuse my ignorance. . .I'm new t this, but here is my problem : I'm running cable modem, and have windows 95 . . w/ outlook express 5. I just noticed I cannot get into to mail. I go through prompts. . .and as it tries to receive messages. . .an error appears indicating "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If problem persists, contact program vendor". I've been running this for a couple of years and never had any issues. Nothing has changed in my setup. I called my ISP. . .they said it was not related to the mail server...

IE8 install issue with Comodo
I have just finished spending DAYS trying to solve a problem I was having re-installing Internet Explorer 8 on a computer I have at work. It turned out that the problem was that I had to completely UNINSTALL Comodo before I could get the re-install of IE8 to work. I'm just passing on the info here in case something similar happens to anyone else. First, the story, and then the bottom line. Here's what happened: I was trying to figure out why the computer was running slowly. The computer is a Dell Dimension 3000 with Windows XP Professional on it. It has a 2.79 GHz pr...

Outlook Open & Close Macro
I am running Outlook 2002 and need a way to automatically start Outlook, send the email in the outbox, and then close Outlook. Outlook 2003 has a command line switch to run a macro but I can not find one for 2002. If I have to run the code in a Word macro that would be OK. I really don't want to add any outside programs to do this. Any suggestions would be appreciated ...

outlook 2007 keeps freezing
I just got a new computer running windows 7. Outlook keeps freezing. Any body knoiw why and what I can do? No idea; you could start off by running Office Diagnostics, if that doesnt cure the issue, respond with a whole lot more detail "JJH73" <JJH73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95983C6A-9178-43C7-8F7B-89996854106F@microsoft.com... >I just got a new computer running windows 7. Outlook keeps freezing. Any >body > knoiw why and what I can do? I have the same problem, Running Win 7 and office 2007... Outlook is most likely to fre...

How Does Outlook 2003 Know what POP Messages have been downloaded?
My OL2003 keeps downloading the same messages. I'd asked about this before but did not receive any help. Could someone point me at the file (under Netscape it was called popstate.dat) that tells Outlook which messages it has downloaded already? I do not want to remove them from the server at the time of download and I know that I should not have to. It should know which messages it has already downloaded. I want to find the file that records this because I fear that it's corrupt. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks, Colin It is a hidden message in the PST file. Any chance...

Ithaca 610 driver installation problem
hey guys, please bear with me for asking a stupid, noob question. i have been struggling with this Ithaca 610 receipt printer i had. how do i install the driver for it? i have read things like emulation using ithaca I280, epson's driver, OPS. they confused me the more i read. can someone help this noob out. I am trying to use it with MS POS. all helps are welcome. Thank you. ...

Has COleDatabase changed since VC6 ??
I posted a question the other day about a COleDatabase problem. I have now created a dummy project and brought all my various lines of database code together into 1 method and narrowed it all down to one simple chunk of code. The following few lines works perfectly in debug mode, but in release mode, hits an exception, which causes a crash. Firstly 2 lines creates a database. Then I create a table called "table1" and then I try to create a field in that table called "id". This line causes an exception, "System resource exceeded". I have been using code that...

Deploying OL2003 over Office 2000
Hi I'm having problem to get an answer for that question from MS When Deploying OL2003 onto station running Office 2000, When we have the choice to install Office Tools and Office Shares Features, Should go that way ? Or to deploy OL2003 Office Tools and Office Shares Features onto Off 2000 station could cause problems for Word, Excel etc ? Sorry to ask that there but I don't find the answer... Bill I'm using GPO and policy to deploy OL2003 (using the Custom Installation Wizzard) ...

Trying to Install Translator
I am trying to import a .csv file into calendar using OUTLOOK 2003. It says that translator is not installed and I try it install it. This dialog ERROR box appears. Error 1311.Source ile not found:c:\MSOCache\AllUsers\90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE- 0150048383C9\L4561412.CAB Verify that the file exists and you can access it. I have tried the Support Home and can't seem to find the correct resources for this problem. Help Please. James Are you trying to install it from the Office 2003 Add/Remove wizard? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the disc...

Access/Office 2000 and MS Vista
I've been using Vista since Sept. 2007. All of a sudden - last month - my old Access databases won't open. Errors such as ... "An error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning" and "selected collating sequence not supported by the operating system". Reinstallation of Office didn't help. OK - I know I'm out of date - I'm using Office 2000, but it meets my modest needs. So why, after 5 months, did Access 2000 stop working with Vista? Is there any way to make it work? (I don't care to purchase a newer version of Access.) thanks. "...

Office 2008 apps are very slow to start since upgrading to Snow Leopard
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I performed an upgrade from 10.5.8 to 10.6 (not a clean install). I am running the latest version of Office 2008 12.2.1. Previously Entourage, Excel and Powerpoint would boot up incredibly fast (2-3 seconds). Now it takes up to 25-30 seconds before they finish starting up. Word boots up quickly but take about 30 seconds of spinning beach ball before I can type anything. Is anyone else experiencing similar slow-down issues since upgrading? I wondering if there are too many fonts installed. I am running a 8-core 3.2 Inte...

Basci word 2007
When somebody sends me a email with attachment I can't save or download the document to word. I have comcast as my provider. I have Norton Anti Virus with Comcast. When I try to download attachement to save or open . The Norton Anti Virus screen comes up asking me what I want to do with this attachment. Then it says I have no Virus with them. Then the file comes up but it doesn't tell we how long it it going to take to open or save the document. .. Norton security products are among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. First, be sure to disable its...